/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
Current titlekey website links:
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
[Jun 5] Luma 8.0 brings lots of features like screenshots, input redirection, a debugger and more. Updating to b9s is required. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.0
[May 25] Some 3DS users have received LocalFriendCodeSeed_B bans, preventing online play, use of the Friend List, the YouTube, Hulu and Netflix programs, Pokémon Bank and Project Kaeru. Everything else, like downloading games from the eShop/FreeShop, browsing the web or using other online services like Miiverse works. There's no known correlation between the bans.
You can unban yourself by replacing the banned LocalFriendCodeSeed_B file with one from a console that hasn't been banned (download link and guide in the Pastebin), but be aware it could get banned at any moment.

>Vita
[Jun 6] HENkaku release 10 received an update. henkaku.xyz/changes
[Jun 6] Adrenaline 5 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
[May 9] Coldboot HENkaku teased for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-restoration.429651/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's not?

You know what? You are right. Now that I see it, I didn't play many downloaded games and most of the games I made big progresses are those that I bought physical back then.

I downloaded Tokyo Mirage Sessions off uTik and decrypted it in order to get the \code, \content, and \meta folders. I ran the patcher from here gbatemp.net/threads/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-restoration.429651/ in order to restore some of the censored content. Now to the part where I'm stuck... how can I re-encrypt it back into a format that I can install with/is compatible with wupinstaller-y-mod? I really don't wanna have to use loadiine as is instructed in the gbatemp thread as I've heard its shit and DLC won't work with it.

Have you tried not being a blind retard?

Someone release a fucking update to PSProxy pls

Reminder that DS ROM loading from SD was not worth waiting for

WORKING INPUT REDIRECTION WITH ZL, ZR, AND C-STICK FUCKING WHEN

Pirating games is more important then pussy.

No. I was born this way. I'll install it from zero anyway.

>Get 3ds banned
>Threaten with suicide
>Actually cut myself with paper and show mom
>At the store before the end of the evening
>Get the 3ds I want, mom whines about it being more expensive then the regular Crap3DSXL
>Tell her I'm gonna do it while she sleeps
>Tears well up in her eyes as she pulls the device from my arms and marches to the cashier
>Smile internally. Dumb bitch.
>That evening custom firmware the shit out of it while mom cries on the couch.
>Rip off the LocalFriendcodeSeed_B and paste that fucker onto my prestige old N3DSXL.
>Walk downstairs, tell mom that she can go fuck herself cause she bought me a broken system
>No response, whatever you emo cunt. Guess you don't want the money then.
>Take it back to store storehax'd telling them how it came to me booting into a blue screen and demand an alternative.
>Get a free PSP. Boot it up and check FW
>3.63.
>Bin that shit directly (at their shock) and demand a refund NOW.
>Walk out of the store with $$$ but fuck thanking the useless peasants. Fucking waste my time won't you.
>Now sitting at home. No free PSP. At least got some spare $$$.
>Also
>Free LocalFriendcodeSeed_B

Just bought a new 3ds xl on Amazon. How hard will it be to hack this shit so I can play pirated games? If it has new firmware am I fucked?

So nintendont needs .isos for gamecube right? And Configurable USB loarder needs wii.isos too?Where's the best place to get them?

>used
depends
>new
easy

Sweet I got it new. Hopefully I can do it with a free softmod, I'll have to do some reading

>nintendo bans my 3ds
>order a new 3ds XL and 128gb card from amazon
>choose same delivery
>arrives at my doorstep
>claim it was stolen
>amazon refunds the money
>move into a new place with a roommate
>roommate lets me use his amazon account to order a vita and 64gb card
>choose the slowest shipping because vita has no games
>arrives at doorstep
claim it was stolen
>amazon refunds his money
>get free 3ds and vita
>hack both vita and 3ds
>get free games
>never touch them again
GET ON MY LEVEL NIGGAS. ALSO FUCK NINTENDO AND SONY

Also will I get b& for playing pirated games online with it?

I'm saving that smug white cat

Nintendo and Sony still got a sale from you, you just fucked Amazon

You should have used the frog again. Might have gotten a rise out of the guy who got ripped off by dumb frogposters twice.

Is everything moving to the n3ds and n2ds? Should I upgrade from my o3ds?

>3DS banned
>don't give a fuck, haven't been online with that thing in years

Shit tier work OP. Are you running out of ideas for editions?

Do you get b& just for having cfw or is it only if you're hacking or something

the only exclusives right now and upcoming are ports

Don't steal my images

Isn't the new metroid for n3ds? How long do you think the 3ds line will last for?

FUCK AMAJEW

no u

Longer than the PS4

I got banned too and havent even bothered using the public seed. I just don't care anymore.

not as far as I know
It will probably be dead by 2020, I wouldn't be surprised if the n2ds xl is the last new model
Gamefreak will probably release one last Pokémon game after every other non-shovelware dev will have left the platform

until the switchv2 comes out

They have USUM and they announced yesterday that the core pokemon games will go to the switch.

>core pokemon games
>games
*A game

There is a non-zero chance you will get banned but it's because of homebrew and cfw, not because a game is pirated.

Nintendo can't tell the difference between a purchased game and one you installed with freeshop or fbi

THE TRANNY KEEPS SELLING US OUT

Ok so if I wanted to I can pirate games without a cfw or Homebrew stuff so I don't get banned

No.

(lol

>Rachel Bryk has committed sudoku
>Aurora Wright hasn't
Explain, Veeky Forums.

Is there a way to bypass region lock on WiiU? I have a nearly full collection of the worthwhile games. I would add Yakuza, PuyoPuyo Tetris, and Fatal Frame to my collection but I'm not spending money on them if I can't play them.

I can't wait to pirate the Superstar Saga remake.

$100/30 pieces of silver from nintendo bought her happiness.

I can't wait to download it from freeshop, never play it, then delete it to make room for another game I won't play

I can't wait to download it, delete it, inject the GBA version instead, and then never play that either.

I can't wait to buy every version of Superstar Saga and play them.

This is the life you've chosen.
The one we all have chosen.

How do I get away with this?

Stop lying.

By not posting abour how you were stupid enough to try it lol
I'm calling the cops

Haxchi bypasses it automatically

how do I get LocalFriendCodeSeed_B from a 3ds? I have two, but only one is banned.

They are different regions, does that matter?

The same way that guy did - making it all up. Then it can end any way you like.

File is in /sys/rw on the CTRNAND, use GodMode9 or FBI to copy file onto your SD

I haven't chosen anything except for playing Picross games.

If you want to hack it, hack it. If you just want the LocalFriendCodeSeed_B, use Godmode9 launched with safehax.

i dusted off my vita and installed heknaku. are there any alternatives to the vita battery plugin? like something that always shows the % of the battery without the button combination?

Buy an N2DS.

The Game

You motherfucker

the only game I've actually finished on 3ds is oot and that took me months

>Mfw struck the balance between buyfag and pirate that means still playing games but my wallet isn't hurting

Hell yes, thanks man

ips sotl

i play the games i pirate, ask me anything

Last 3 games you completed and enjoyed?

not him but super mystery dungeon, a link between worlds and shantae and the pirate's curse

miku and oot

>the core pokemon games will go to the switch.
>other than pokken, we're developing a core RPG Pokemon game for the switch.

See the difference?

You can be right or wrong, but don't make it sound like they're officially announcing that the main games will only be released for switch.

>a link between worlds
great tastes over here

I need to download all the games

I have a 64gb card and it is barely at half

getting a 128gb microsd btw

>yfw when they announce MHW for the 3ds and it's crossplay with ps4, xbone and pc

What's your favorite homebrew /hbg/?

pic unrelated

Can I use freeshop or do i run the risk of getting myself banned?

I'm afraid if I buy a Wii U I'll have the same problem as the 3Ds and not play any of the games I pirate.

I'll buy a Switch. Wish me luck.

what are some good themes

We don't know

No. Shit code was found that reveals you're not using Eshop to download those games.
They ban it based off of that.

now is full tn again? Fucking cheapskates

Can I update to 11.4 if I haven't updated Luma past version 6.7? For some reason it won't update.

Luigi's Mansion, SMT IV and Ocarina of Time. Also completed a few more, but those are the 3 last not counting VC. I'll admit I have periods of installing and not playing, but I try to at least try games for a bit.

what do you miss from updating luma, if you don't want to change to b9s, just update to the last supported luma for a9hl (think it was 7.6)

>never use freeshop or eshop
>not banned

Who /FBI/ Master Race?

yeah any day now user

Has there been any news on any Switch stuff since the early launch stuff?

>Still on 10.7
>Need to update my shit
>Updated into 11.3
Wait what? I thought i'm gonna update to 11.4

I've been out of the loop for a while. Did the scene ever figure out the cause of the 3DS ban waves a while back?

no

the bans were punishment for shitposting

Then why weren't all the luma posters banned

luma 8.0 makes cfw very easy for nintendo to detect
the tranny sold us out

Manual update to 7.0.5 via the github. Updater won't work on a9lh anymore, 7.0.5 is the last supported version. GBA and some other things won't work without getting Luma to there at least

It likely had 11.3 already downloaded and ready, it's a known issue and I forgot the problem but just update again.

I'm still on 11.2 with a9lh and luma v6.3.1
What's the latest luma version I can run on a9lh?

Can I play MK8 dlc without using loadline? I already have MK8 installed to the HDD.

no

[Citation needed]