/wtg/ - War Thunder General

M46 Edition

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>A discord you can use:
discord.gg/kkejYwp

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

>Sound Mods:
moddb.com/mods/b0riss-sound-mod/forum/thread/support-for-sound-mod-in-warthunder-165153

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

warthunder.com/en/game/changelog/current/712
youtube.com/watch?v=Wc3Xj0Eqa4Q
gdoc.pub/doc/1NqY8HIQgCsuPPHKigw6w_cRdKiabn6yZQ1w0Fwu5K9o
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-56T
youtube.com/watch?v=7A-xpXnE9Pc
my.mixtape.moe/gadxat.webm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soobrazitelnyy-class_destroyer
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribal-class_destroyer_(1936)
youtube.com/watch?v=ziwCiVEwPh8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But I am a poorfag NEET too, and its because I have no money to spare on this premium bullshit, especially because premium time is counted by the second, and not when you are only in game, it is not possible to justify to spend any more money than I already have, which is not much.

At the same time I can't justify myself to keep up with the grind now that I've reached a point where everything going forward is just more and more RP, and more and more of the same, and doing so with no premium and in all the frustrating ways this game operates in, and how dull and repetitive all the matches become with the same few limited modes played, I just can't justify doing this anymore, its become a chore more than its become fun.

So now I've reached a point where I have to spend incredible amounts of time to progress in this game that has gotten repetitive, dull and grindy beyond belief. And the further I continue to play, the more time I will spend, and theres no way I'm getting premium in the foreseeable future so the only way I can pay is with my time, which I don't feel this game is worth of anymore.

This level of "F2P" is inhuman, leave it to the greedy jewish slavs at gayjin to come up with such sadistic cruel design. If they put half as much effort into designing fun and enjoyable, variety of gamemodes for RB/AB as they do in thinking up new ways to exploit the people who play and basically force them into premium or make them suffer an ever expanding grind and exponentially growing waste of their time then maybe the game would have been worth continuing to play but it isn't.

New Patch**

warthunder.com/en/game/changelog/current/712

**The buffs to the M103 and M46 are not mentioned but they're in

Didn't they change the reload to the M47 as well? Or is that still testing?

>activate booster
>take out the totally balans G.55S
>Norway
Oh fuck, the one map that Axis are totally retarded on for some reason.
>half the team does a half-assed climb straight towards the enemy
>half of those who properly climbed dive on the first B-25 they see
>suddenly a cloud of allies appear up top
>engage alongside the few non-retards on my team
>do some fancy shit and manage to bag myself two kills despite being vastly outnumbered
>get a Spit on my tail and begin to fly evasively
>do this for a few minutes whiles screaming for help in the chat
>eventually get down on the deck
>manage to outmanoeuvre him and almost get him
>another enemy comes in and I'm forced to break off or die (in hindsight I should have accepted death and killed the Spit)
>get torn apart by 4 different enemies because my entire team was dead at this point
>I get half the RP I should have gotten for my valiant performance because my team was retarded
Fuck you, Gaijin. My reward shouldn't be tied this much to how retarded my team happens to be.

>no money
make reference accounts, 1 hour in game flying and ye get 500 shekels

have you considering giving up on grind and playing for fun? T2 - early T4 are best BRs anyway

No activity needed for the Ki-61 decal.

No because the way the game works, once you pass a tier, you have absolutely no desire nor reason to go back, and you only feel like you're delaying the grind for the Tier IV vehicles by playing older tiers you have no use for anymore.

Sadly thats the type of gameplay gayjin has constructed, its just a constant push forward, where the grind is ever longer and more painful to get through, and even having premium by the time you get to Tier IV/V won't be much change, because RP rewards have been nerfed to fuck even for those good goyim who shell out for premium.

it depends on person I guess, I play mostly 2.7 - 4.3 because that's where I find vehicles I enjoy most, and all I have left for research are jets I never had interest in.
For me grind ended once I had all planes I wanted to fly.

>you have absolutely no desire nor reason to go back

that is simply not true, I have every plane in the game and I usually stick around tier 2 or 3

I swear RP and SL rewards are totalled up completely at random. These were two games in Sim with the Falcon one right after the other

3-Inch Gun Carrier: Garbage or Acceptable? Everything i'm reading suggests exceptionally garbage (trouble hitting and penetrating at long range, no turret and incredibly slow to move and turn at close range, and of course no HE Filler to actually kill things in the first place if you hit).

so condition is to literally fly one in battle and wait untill all Allies are dead?

youtube.com/watch?v=Wc3Xj0Eqa4Q

remember the n1k used to be op?

gdoc.pub/doc/1NqY8HIQgCsuPPHKigw6w_cRdKiabn6yZQ1w0Fwu5K9o

>battle royale
oh boy

My problem is I want to try everything, and I'm especially interested in most Tier IV and V stuff, especially jets, Maus, Jumbo, Canberra, F86, etc

Just to fly and drive WWII and late war vehicles no game ever before has let me, and yet now realizing just how painful the grind is, when I researched and completed Tiger II I lost all interest in continuing on to Tiger II 105, and the Maus, and I'm still so far from any jets, I just can't justify spending hundreds more hours on this shit, because I see the plane/tank there and it looks within reach but its fucking thousands of RP which you can without premium at 1-3k a match, but mostly less than 1k sometimes, and with all the frustration and repetitive mundaneness that the game modes provide.

I can of course choose one thing at a time like say Maus or F9F, the closest jet I am to, but that still means I have to research 5-6 more vehicles of the tier before unlocking the next, and have to grind out planes/tanks I don't want to just to unlock the ones I do, each plane/tank now something like 60,000+ RP meaning the amount of time spent for a single one without premium to unlock the next one and next one is just ridiculous and unfair.

Thats how the f2p model gets you, you reach a wall where its no longer feasible to keep playing for free, especially after the last RP nerf, and yet at some point later on even with premium you have vehicles that are 200,000+ RP up to 360,000RP and will take weeks to unlock.

Fuck it, I'm not going to spend any more of my time on this senseless grind, especially because I'm not having fun any more, feeling like I'm just working through a chore, unlocking the next vehicle no longer feels fun because you know theres a long grind ahead for the next one, and the grind you just finished left you feeling just as empty. Yet going back to play older tanks/planes likewise feels empty because fundamentally the game is structured around progressing through the grinds to the next tier.

>Battle Royale

Will it be with RP/SL rewards?

If not, not interested.

>interested in most Tier IV and V
Same reason i grinded out some nations.. but dont bother with Maus.
Tier 5 is mostly whoever shoots heat/hesh the fastest

>Just want to use the Falcon in the sim event
>Four games and not a single Slav plane to be seen
>Never run into any PT-76, Object 906 or ASU's

I realized that later tiers, jets, etc is pretty much the same as the previous tiers, only the grind is significantly lengthened, but the game modes are the same repetitive shit, tanks are even slower so games tend to happen in similar ways and you notice they all start to feel the same after playing several dozen in a row grinding painfully for the Tiger II.

And thats basically all you have to look forward to, more of the same, only with much more time involved per vehicle you are grinding to get to the next one, fuck that desu

>spawn on ardennes
>go down, cap C
>go for B
>get sideshot by a T34 )))
>respawn
>get shot
>not even 3 minutes into the battlze
>try to shoot at the guy, think freshly spawned ally will help
>he runs the fuck off of there
>chase the russian cunt
>he shoots at me from over a small hill, less than 200m away
>go after him
>he somehow dissappeared
>driver gets fucked by another tank from the right
>ammoracked by ASU57
I fucking hate rusniggers so fucking much, holy fucking shit

At Rank III, I know the Achilles and the Churchill Mk III are good, both of which are bang-on 4.0 BR. Am I better off with my third tank being Cromwell I, Sherman II or Crusader AA Mk II? Not sure which of these will cling on best.

I really with you could apply boosters after a match ends so you don't end up wasting them all.

WHERE'S MY T-55 ATGM GAIJIN?

The fact they don't let you do so, is ultimate jewry

WHOAH
Do you want to tell me, that caps are worth much more than kills?
Who would've thought!

Is the M60A2 worth the grind? Just reinstalled WT.

I asked last thread how to record a replay
Well I did but its 180mb 34 seconds full HD
is there a chance to fit it into a webm so I can post it here?

google "webm for retards". It's what in title, foolproof webm creation tool

it's one of the hottest meme right now

in mid-80's along with T-80B and M1A1

No. The missile is good, but that's a tier 2 module unlock unlike ever other nation's ATGMs, the armor has holes big enough for MGs to kill your breech, and even besides the cupola the armor won't do dick vs ZSU-57s.

You're better off not gimping yourself with the extra weight and getting good at the shooty scooty Sheridan.

Would a lineup of the first 2 tigers and something else (Pz. IV H, puma, some spaag or the stupa) be viable, or the Panther D is neccessary

Pic related.

What the fuck is it with Gaijin and M60 chassis armor holes?

)))))))))))))))))))))

lots of tanks have holes.

They have a lot of curves and that'd hard to model, I guess.

They also gave the T95E1 fucking cast steel armor with its 0.94 modifier instead of the silica composite it had IRL or even just rolled steel.

Anyone got tips for aiming SPAA at planes, either in arcade or Realistic? Even with a lead indicator it's kind of a luck based thing.

O, say can you see,
By the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed,
At the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars,
Through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched,
Were so gallantly streaming.
And the rocket's red glare,
The bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night,
That our flag was still there.
Oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave,
O'er the land of the free, and the home of the brave.

Can't let the goyim access to memebunkers like the Russians, or they might lose.

Reminder that the "axis" gets it at a lower BR

>activate a booster
>take out the B-29 for maximum SL
>get Peleliu
Is Gaijin doing this on purpose? This is the 4th time today I got fucked after activating a booster. I've had one good match in planes that are usually slam dunks.

At least I won't be angry alone.

it's a get good sort of skill. You either have the mental agility to calculate the plane speed and direction along with your projectile speed and direction, or you don't.

As far as I know the Germans first Heat-fs vehicle is the Ru-251 at 6.7, the same BR as the M46. The Russians get it at 5.3 or something like that with the Pt-76.

>st-a1

Most useless tank got heat-fs((((((((

>53k online
>tier 1 spaghett RB
>can't find a match in 6+ minutes

STA-1 has that same shell at 6.3.

panther is not necessary but much beter than the pz IV H
the rest of your choices are acceptable

Well, I'm fucking boned then. Thanks anyway.

Right I forgot the free xp tree was counted.

Practice in the test drive or in custom battles

And is also a massive piece of shit.

>t-44-100 has a )))))))))))) texture inside the barrel and is all shiny and silver
>submit bug report
>awaiting mod confirmation
>check next day
>this
)))))))))))))))))))

I'm convinced their numbers are less than they say

or that the numbers are global, and NA are around 1-5k players only

I see so many of the same players every new match in RB

It's better than any other jap t4, desu.

Daily reminder PT-76 didn't use HEAT-FS.

>didn't take a screenshot

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-56T
>A typical ammunition load consists of 24 x OF-350 Frag-HE, 4 x sub-caliber AP-T, 4 x AP-T and 8 x BK-350M HEAT rounds.

>sub-caliber AP-T

APDS or just a ranging round?

How do you quickly grind cash? I literally unlocked la5 but didn't have enough cash to unlock it so i kept playing and unlocked next la5 but i didn't even buy the previous one since i don't have cash. I need about 500k to get on track

Can niggerfaggots be banned for abusing the runway respawn when they're the last person?

HVAP, just like in WT.

sub-caliber means any round smaller than bore, APCR, APDS and probably few more.
Technically M830A1 MPAT is subcaliber too, but in general term is used for KE only.

thanks
I was searching for "webm for idiots" lmao
I made one but it was too big

Arcade, especially with bombers.

Passive play.

Client stability has been improved

>fly mig15
>kill 1 plane
>waste 30-40 rounds
>600 score
>kill 2 AI tanks
>waste 2-5 37mm rounds or 5-10 23mm
>800 score
hmm

i know right, i don't even go for kills anymore, i can kill 4-5 AAs or tanks and i have same score as if i'd kill 2 enemy planes. Score system is fucked up in air battles.

I swear there are times when I'd wish the fighters would just go fight each other and leave me in my stuka alone so I can enjoy strafing and bombing.

>stuka
Thank you for being easy target when im also bombing ground targets
>t. )))))))

Why can't nazis have nice things, what did we ever do to you? :(
No seriously though when do their attackers stop being painfully slow flying coffins that aren't worth the time?

What's the best BR for realistic Nazi tanks.

>when do their attackers stop being painfully slow flying coffins that aren't worth the time?
when they would stop being that in real life.

5.7-6.7 and then 7.7-8.0

What I mean is, so you know at what point in their line they start feeling usable rather than a wasted slot and repair fee? Or is Germany the wrong nation for good attackers?

>tfw wrecking t29/t34 in your OG heavy tank
why did they remove its best shell tho?

new ship devblogs when

Because it was made in the 60's

>No seriously though when do their attackers stop being painfully slow flying coffins that aren't worth the time?
Get the narwhal. You get to fuck up everything and you're invincible unless you get caught going slow by a spit.24 or beercan.

1953. Still pretty far from WW2

Sadly forever away.
Are there any general tips for surviving in hulks like a stuka or hs129 other than hoping for backup or flying over my own airfield, or am I just on borrowed time until a Fighter comes at me?

WHAT THE FUCK YOU TOLD ME THAT THERE WAS ONLY GOING TO BE PT BOATS SO I STOPPED BROWING THE THREAD WEEKS AGO BUT I JUST SAW FOOTAGE OF DESTROYERS

Do you still need to pay for boats?

>German "fanboys" crying this hard
GET FUCKED NAZIBOOS

youtube.com/watch?v=7A-xpXnE9Pc

yes

)))))

>Are there any general tips for surviving in hulks like a stuka or hs129
Don't fly either of those. The 2x37mm on the Stukas suck shit, 1x37mm on the Duck sucks even harder. The 30mm on the duck is decent, but the airframe is just garbage. The Hs129 is brutally underpowered, meaning if you take even the lightest damage, you'll slowly sink into the ground. Even if you try to pull sharp turns, you'll fall like a stone. Use something like the Me410 with the fiddy mike mike, it can tear assholes apart with HVAP and flies very well. The Horten is also really good. I haven't really seen the 50mm Me262 used much, I'm not sure how well it would work. The Duck 75mm has better pen, but it feels shitty desu, so I wouldn't expect the 50mm to be any better.

>Do you still need to pay for boats?
Yes, it's still in a pre-beta testing stage, tests are still being held irregularly, so there's no point in paying yet. Gameplay isn't good yet, but it has promise.

my.mixtape.moe/gadxat.webm

Is the Russian Navy still the best one like when it was only PT baots, despite having the worst Navy of the war?

Me 262's 50 has the same pen as the pz III MBT, iirc, so you're not going to kill anyone in one hit from the front, but you don't need to because you can shoot through the roof of your enemies. Also, it's got a much better rof than the 75.

The only ships that have been available for testing yet are these two.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soobrazitelnyy-class_destroyer
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribal-class_destroyer_(1936)

youtube.com/watch?v=ziwCiVEwPh8

this game has too many game modes

the guy who killed ai tanks also gets like half a dozen times less silver though and i think much less blue lamps too

Tiny Tims for CAS?

at least stuka has a tail gunner

now that piece of shit btd-1...