discord.gg/DEN5Tv7

>Halo 5 Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

- - - NEWS - - -
Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare expansion announced for Fall this year
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/introducing-halo-wars-2-awakening-the-nightmare

The Complete Oral History of Halo waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/the-complete-untold-history-of-halo-an-oral-history

Installation 01 Cinematic Trailer
youtu.be/RfE9Q3I3Q_g

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q7nH9-H4YE8&feature=youtu.be&t=9m11s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I still don't see the point of the one x

We live for a while longer

Gain back the normies.

You are supposed to let it die you fucking dildos.

Normies don't own 4k tvs yet, they haven't hit the affordability plateau

Games will still look better on a 1080p TV with super sampling.

True, but console success is all in the hype.
If they can advertise it well enough, it will sell. They're already pouring more effort into spreading the word than Sony ever did with the Pro, so this thing will fly off the shelvs at launch. The question is how long after will it be able to keep that momentum going?

If I had to guess, Microsoft will suck up a lot of the remaining normies that don't yet have an 8th gen console. I don't think they will do much to get people that already have one to upgrade.

This.
It also helps that they're launching in the holiday season.

>it will fly off the shelves at launch

>expecting the general die die right after a new Xbox console is shown off
We have at least 3 more threads in us

It will initially. Pretty much all consoles do. Even the Wii U did. It doesn't mean they will be overall successful.

I just mean on release day/week and maybe it will coast off some holiday shopping.
I'm not guarateeing it will do well in the long run.

It's called the Xbox One X
The Xbox One and Xbox One S already exist
This is the same reason the Wii U flopped

Expect them to mostly report how well all Xbox One sales are doing. They will get a boost when the X releases like they did when the S released, but I have no idea how long that boost will last for.

Considering how close X sounds to S, I won't be surprised if Timmy gets an S for Christmas

>All those adults across the country that will feel like failed parents this Christmas

Halo games aren't enhanced for the one X for some reason. Halo 5 was 1080p-900p 60fps on the original box.

Actually Halo 5: Guardians drops as low as 810p across all game modes. The game is VERY rarely at a full 1080p. And while the campaign does manage a consisnatnt 60fps, the multiplayer (partucularly on Warzone and Forge canvas maps) can see the frame rate take a dive as well.

I fully expect there to be an X1X patch that makes the game much more visually pleasant to play.

>while the campaign does manage a consisnatnt 60fps
Even that's not technically true. All in-game cutscenes (which is almost all the cutscenes in the game) render at 30fps.

The campaign uses the same half-rate animation for objects in the distance that multiplayer does.
Anything roughly 60 world units away from the Player's HUD is shown in 30fps (or less)

Oh shit he dabbin'

This is heresy

No patch plans shown as of yet, Halo Ward 2 is getting one though

Halo 5 is in the works for an update.
youtube.com/watch?v=q7nH9-H4YE8&feature=youtu.be&t=9m11s

This

It's been too long

WE BACK

Why the fuck didn't they list it at the conference then

>Halo 5 already at 98 gigs
pls

Because it embarrases them

Expect many games on the Scorpio that get above 1080p compatibility to suck up over 100 gb a piece.
Can you imagine MCC with 4k support?
It would/will take up half the hard drive or more.

Hopefully the updates tailored specifically for the Scorpio are optional so that you can choose which ones to install at a given time based on which games you are currently playing

Did you just fucking use an Elite dabbing as the OP pic? Just kill this general already.

It's a self-parody, user

Why doesn't any company compress shit anymore

Odds are we'll get them no matter what

>when someone says halo 4 was a good game, just not a good halo game

>when someone says halo 4 was a good halo game, just not a good game

>When someone says halo 4

>when someone says halo

>When someone says

I want utility weapons to come back in 6

Aka "I want the BR to be the best gun for every situation again"

Why would you respond to him?
343 appologists consider getting the last word a way of "winning" the argument. So just let him have it and move on.
Did e3 attract a surge of newfags?

Unlikely.
It's not like they showed anything off about Halo worth discussing.

Did you never play halo 2 or 3 or reach or CE

BR, DMR, and pistol

Halo 4 and 5 were the first balanced halo games

I'm shocked they even bothered putting money into a Wars 2 expansion.
Like, why? It's already a borderline dead game and the blur cinematics alone are going to be hard to make a profit on.

>if I keep saying it enough, it will be true!

>Halo 4 and 5 were the first balanced Halo games

You haven't played bungie's games then, got it.

I thought the 343 appologist meme was a joke, but holy fuck some people really are this delusional

343 appologists are almost all that's left.
Eceryone else has given up on 343 and moves on. Hell, most of them probably play more PS4 at this point.
There's a reason it takes us almost a week to hit bump limit, and even then it's onky the same small group of people from the discord circlejerking inside jpkes with posts like this

At this point the majority of people still playing Halo (all 5 of them) are 343 appologists

Tell me your secret of how to win in CE using only the AR, or in Halo 2 with the SMG/Pistol

Why the fuck is the discord in the OP then?

I just checked and there's been next to no Halo posts all day.

Not him but you probably wouldn't have triggered the nostalgiababbies if you had clarified your post a bit more. Not that you should have to just because some people are too dumb to be able to into subtext. Obviously you and I know you mean't "most" situations, not actually "all", but this is /hg/ so anything that comes across as a hit to the bungie games is going to result in autistic screeching.

This.
We really should have two generals, like Fallout does.

This is objectively true though

>2 generals
>when the one we already have is dead

60 posts in 6 hours good job guys

Neither general would be able to survive.
/hg/ comes close enough to dying as it is.

Whatever you say, buckaroo. Boy oh boy you showed me. I'm off to buy some Req packs right now!

Go buy Destiny 2 you bungo shill

>Halo 4
DMR: the game until after a year a weapons patch is implemented which transforms it into BR: the game.
>Halo 5
These autos kill too fast, lets remove them.
Which ones?
All of them.
Also remove radar while you're at it. Also make sure to give every player less health and shielding than the players did in ODST so that everybpdy can have a quick kill woth almost any weapon!
Ok but what about warzone how is that balanced?
Just buy more reqs than the other person does, silly! Because fuck being able to pick up a game for the first time and having an even playing field, right?

I don't think anybody ever made the argument that the earlier sandboxes were perfect. But this idea that the 343 sandboxes are at all better is pretty laughable, and the playerbase drops in 4 and 5 clearly indicate that the vast majority agrees (Reach for the record deserved a big player drop as well but didn't get one due to coasting off of 3's success). Obviously I can't change you mind or how triggered you will be by this post. I'm not trying to. I'm sure your response will be simply ebin/10, but for other people that read this, ask yourself this: do you really want the next several months of /hg/ to be defoned by posts like and ?
Just empty, endless shitposting and projecting? I want the general to survive, but not like this. We can do better.

I share your wishes, user. But what you're asking for is not possible. Even a moderate like myself that likes all the games, if I say something too negative or positive about any aspext of any game, I'll be branded a bungie/343 fanboy.
best to just let it die

I agree but we both know that's not gonna happen. That guy is probably typing up a temper tantrum in response to your post as we speak.

>MLK_I_Have_A_Dream_Speech_Halo_Edition.jpg

LOL BUNGIE SHILL GO BEAT OFF TO MARTY'S SOUNDTRACK WHILE YOU PRE ORDER DESTINY 2 HAHAHAHAHA
I showed him, didn't I guys?

>your age

>your favorite Halo map in every Halo game

Rat Race
Sanctuary
Last Resort
Anchor 9
Landfall
Apex 7

Boarding Action
Relic
Snowbound
Zealot
Meltdown
Antifreeze

Blood Gulch
Lockout
Valhalla
Sword Base
Exile
Darkstar

>Halo CE
Damnation
>Halo 2
Gemini
>Halo 3
Epitaph
>Halo 4
Exile
>Halo 5
Regret

Got my xbone back a few weeks ago, do y'all still play together pretty regularly? I miss you guys

is it worth redownloading?

Setting up custom games has become very sporadic and "In the moment" however we do post in the thread if we do them. Just last night we played MCC

>too dumb to be able to into
>mean't

the fuck is wrong with you?

How can I be a high quality /hg/ user?

Join parties, play halo, dont be annoying
However if you want to get noticed, be as annoying as possible, join parties, never play halo

How do I post good quality WebMs

Don't talk about your biases, or if you do, don't push them. The best people here generally keep their stronger opinions to themselves and learn to let things they disagree with go.
The consiquence to this is that it will take you longer to build up a rep, but it's worth it.

Ask droid

>Danger Canyon
Halo PC was my introduction to the series so I have a bit of extra nostalgia for this one, but regardless I really do like the idea of a smaller sidewinder with more CQC potential. I think it works better with the first game's sandbox.

>Relic
I think Relic is the ideal Big Team map and I was happy to see it get brought back in H2A. I love how it's big enough for 8 v 8 but small enough for 4 v 4 and even a free for all due to it's non-confusing and navigational asymmetry.

>Narrows
I don't think this one gets enough love. The idea of a back and forth tug of war with various ways to get past the main bridge and attack from behind keeps players always engaged but also on their toes for a sneak attack. Unfortunately it never got an official remake.

>Zealot
I feel like Zealot is one of the better maps in Reach because it accounts for the armor abilities in a way that makes them all usefull but doesn't let them define the gameplay. By contrast, a map like Sword Base or Countdown also account for the armor abilities, but it's way too obvious (maps are hyper vertical for jetpack with long straight stretches for sprint).

>Daybreak
If you didn't spend much time with the Halo 4 DLC, I suggest you hop on MCC and get some friends to try this one out. The bases are not too far apart but the map is still sizable. This results in numerous ways to attack the enemy, all of them effective. It's also aesthetically beautiful. Reminds me of Reach without film grain.

>Plaza
Plaza, I think is one of the best maps for the way Halo 5 was designed to play. It manages to actually work well for infinite sprint in a way that a lot of others **coughcoughTheRigcoughcough** don't. I disn't like it at first bevause it reminded me a lot of modern warfare maps but I've learned in time to really appreciate it. My Warzone pick for this category wpupd probably be Apex 7. Spawning issues aside it's just so beautiful to ignore.

>good God those spelling mistakes
My bad. I'm typing this on a macbook and I generally don't use them.

29 (JUST)

Sidewinder
Zanzibar
Standoff
Spire
Skyline
Eagle Square

You've joined the discord right?

Oh shit look who I'm playing

>Tito
Holy shit you're alive

>naming yourself after a video game