/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #794 - Tails Edition

>Link CompilationSonic NewsDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsGeneral Interest Links

>embeds
>yet another awful OP pic

Thank you for timing it properly.

FAST

So i forgot to remove 2 of the embeds big woop.

Exploitable

kys urself

It'd be nice to have more plushes desu

The perfect rival for Tails would be a cyan wolf trained by Knuckles.

I want a plush of Buddy!

I ordered my first sonic related plush the other day, I'm going to a con soon, hopefully I'll be able to hunt down some there, I mean the place from what I've gathered usually has a lot of plushies so finding one related to sonic shouldnt be hard.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAY
more.

Speaking of which, I wonder if people would actually get their OC turned into a plush.

Christ, no. That's OC DeviantArt tier.

I was a Tails fag, so I made a grey vixen with a robotic arm, she was very edgy.

There was even 1 lewd of her, tho not very good

Are you looking for anything specific character or brand wise?

I lost two Tails dolls when I went to a convention before and I'm still bitter about it.

This whole thing is Shadow's fault.

Link it you fantastic motherfucker

Is it really? I mean, it'd be perfect.

Blue v Red
Yellow v Cyan
Blue and Yellow go together
Red and Cyan go together

Tails was trained by Sonic, so his rival should be trained by Knuckles.

Hey guys, I'm here to talk about Shadow the Hedgehog and Team Dark in general, my favourite characters in this franchise.

You can't give Knuckles someone to train for the sake of rivaling Tails when they are friends. You'd have to jump through established hoops to make that happen.

I'll take anything sonic related honestly, I've got a friend who wants me to get them a totoro plush, I mean its a part gaming convention which increases my chances of getting something good.
If we're talking sonic characters, I do want a tails one pretty bad, tails is probably my favourite, that and a silver plush.
I mean I already have a crash bandicoot plush so I dont need that now, I might pick up a fnaf plush if they have them.
I just want something to hug that I have some sort of emotional attachment to desu.

it's a lot worst than I remembered

Sonic and Knuckles are also friends, and rivals, so... I don't see the issue.

>Red and Cyan go together
user... I know its a complementary color but is there really good examples of the two together?
Cyan (or a very concentrated/bright blue) is quite jarring with a bright red, even if a typical red and blue can go together.

Pic related seems to be a good example if not bright as fuck.

I wish you good luck then! I have a feeling that Tails would be easier to find than Silver though but maybe you'll get a really good hand.

>I was not trained for this
Yeah, he wasn't. If Buddy ends up so great, where has he been the last 20 years.

The color choices for the bunny outfit with the bikini/lingerie is worse than the drawing itself imo.

>Buddy in the new poster is a cyan wolf
>Knuckles calls him "rookie"
>Tails is nowhere to be seen in the modern area

Why is this echidna so smug?

Because he doesn't chuckle

Yes... yes... it's all going according to plan!

It was drawn and painted by different people. I don't wanna shit on it too much because it was gift

Can't say I didn't warned you tho

RATHER

FLEX

HIS

MUSCLES

Sonic and Knuckles have an established history of being friendly rivals. Part of that history is working with both Sonic and Tails whenever Eggman feels like ruining their day. So even assuming Knuckles is somehow in a position to train someone, which would require addressing his heritage and position as sole guardian of the Master Emerald in order to even be possible, said rival wouldn't have much of a rivalry or even interaction with Tails due to the already established dynamic. If you do introduce someone, somehow this rival needs to both have a Knuckles like ability to compare to, much Tails using his namesake to keep up with Sonic, and be in a position to challenge Tails' tech-know how using something that can, and all of that has to fit in the position or assisting Knuckles in his role, because why the hell else would he train someone.

It's just a lot of hoops that needs to be jumped through that really don't need to be when Eggman and Wave already exist.

What did she mean by this?

Shadow would be a better trainer for a supposed rival.

That was my main "critique". Colors aside, it's sweet that the two people did it for you though.

I'm Nuckols the In-Kidney.

Shadow would train the Dark-Tails rival, a white-and-cyan colored version of Tails. Knuckles would be training a rival that is cyan wolf with abilities separate from Tails, yet countering them.

They'd need to have an ability comparable to Knuckles that can also counter Tails' flight, along with something that can challenge Tails' technological skills... such as using gadget-based eaponry.

Upvoted

Wave and Eggman already fit those positions better, without shoehorning in someone else into the established dynamic.

This is getting too deep for me man

Wave is to Tails what JET is to Sonic. Eggman is also in a different category than what I am suggesting.

C'mon guys, I just wanna be a meme! Pretty please?

Sparky, enough. This is a dumb idea.

You mean the OC you play as in Forces?

Maybe you'll become a meme somewhere when you actually make it back into Sonic game aka never.

Reminder that Jet the Hawk will make an appearance in sonic forces

No, don't be stupid. They're not even similar.

I don't think it's necessary that Shadow and Knuckles need to mentor someone when they're busy focusing on their own interests.

>Using gadget-based weaponry.
Sounds like the OC maker to me.

christ alive.
somehow that's more nightmare fuel than the original

>called someone stupid
>made a ridiculous headcanon

What did you get, user?

what kind of enchilada is knuckles anyways

What are you talking about?

Didn't you see my game that Iizuka put me in!

It was available widely in all Walt-marts and Castcos

Quit trying so hard to make this happen.

I decided to start with something generic and ordered a medium size sonic plush.
The classic sonic plush they had at my local game store sold unfortunately so I just ordered a generic one online.
I also ordered a mini replica springtrap plush cause the real ones where limited run and its pretty cool albeit pocket sized and designed to be worn on a bag or something

Which special stage do you think Mania's will most resemble? Hopefully it's absolutely fucking nothing like the one in Sonic 1.

Spicy

Oh, alright. But I'll be back! And next time, I'll be a meme!

hopefully 3&K

but it's probably going to be 1 or 2

user plz

>I'll be a meme!

I'm hoping for something completely unexpected as a special stage. Largely because Sonic 1, 2 and 3 had special stages that were all different from each other & did something unusual for the hardware. (mock 3D in the case of 2 and 3 at least)

Although if I had to take a special stage style pulled from an existing Sonic game then give me the Knuckles Chaotix ones. Not a fan of 1 special stages and Blue Spheres, and the Sonic 2 style special stages have been done to death now.

Jesus H. Christ, why are you forcing this so hard?

Probably 2, I'm assuming its the most iconic to everyone.

A recent poster had a cyan-colored version of the Custom Hero used in the trailer (the wolf with glasses). That's like... half of it right there. I am not

It's just Millhouse dressing up as his fursona, pay it no mind.

It's going to be a brand new one. Old special stages from previous games are bonus stages.

Haven't had to break this out in a long time.

you have to go back

You're all just afraid of my potential. One day, I'll be a meme so big, you won't be able to look away.

For now, I'll withdraw. But I'll be back.

Hmm, my bad then.

Stupid weasel

Foxes and wolves make for good rivals.

What's even the appeal of Nack Fang compared to other hardly used characters or characters in the franchise?

I suppose it could just easily be summed to "I just like it" but sometimes people go on a rant about why they like something.

Does anyone else think that the soundtrack for forces is kinda lacking?

Probably doing bugger all until shit got fucked. Heard the rallying call for a resistance and joined up.

Knuckles referring to Buddy as 'rookie' is quite a nice touch. Maybe he taught him a few things.

I don't see the connection.

From the different sound rings make when you're inside a tunnel to eyecandy graphics and catchy music, you can say it's really well made. I heard Saturn version was developed by both Sega of Japan and Traveller's Tales, where SoJ was in charge to come up the unique special stages, while TT took the job to port the game from Genesis and modify its graphics and soundtrack.

>I wish my emulator didn't drop frames on them quite so often though.
You must have a really bad computer. I was able to run the special stages from Saturn version on my laptop (at the time I didn't had a PC yet) flawless, even when it wasn't built around gaming.
Alternatively, you can pick the Genesis version. Genesis's special stages are not better but still good, while the version holds different but good soundtrack too.

Probably will either have special stages on S2's or CD's styles, but I want Mania to have completely new special stages like how Advance games handled their own stuff.

I don't mind it. Jet was cool.

From what we've heard it may not be as good as some other Sonic OSTs, but it still sounds good. I'm really looking forward to the final version of the main theme, tho.

why is the filename
>You can tell by the way I walk
and not
>You can tell by the way I use my walk

Same here.

Considering that we haven't heard the fully vocal theme and that we've only heard 4 songs, I'm going to have to say no.

Just speculation.

I recall when a pic of some of the Mania team was posted and it had Blue Sphere on a monitor. People speculated that it was returning as the Special Stage, but Taxman said we haven't seen Mania's Special Stage yet.

So my theory is that all the Special Stages from 1, 2, CD, and 3&K are returning as bonus stages appearing in the remixed levels from the game they are originally from and that all of the actual Special Stages are brand new.

It's mainly his portrayal in the comics. While in Triple Trouble, Fang was kind of a fuck-up, in the comics, he's actually mostly competent.

The song from park avenue is practically unlistenable, makes me want sonic to brutally rape amy.

each special stage will be a level from a different game, a COMPLETELY different game

jump in the special stage ring in green hill = sonic fighters match for a gem

jump in the special stage ring in chemical plant = Sonic 3D

jump in the special stage ring in studiOpolis, 8-bit sonic the hedgehog level

MARK MY WORDS, SCREENSHOT THIS POST

You're getting close to avatarfagging, user.