Rising Storm 2 General /rs2g/

I saw on that ivory face the expression of sombre pride, of ruthless power, of craven terror—of an intense and hopeless despair. Did he live his life again in every detail of desire, temptation, and surrender during that supreme moment of complete knowledge? He cried in a whisper at some image, at some vision—he cried out twice, a cry that was no more than a breath:

"The Horror, the Horror" Edition

Last thread spotted
This is a general for Red Orchestra 1/2, Rising Storm, and recently released Rising Storm 2.

Red Orchestra and Rising Storm are semi-realistic mostly multiplayer first person shooters with vehicular combat.

The latest iteration, Rising Storm 2, focuses on the Vietnam conflict.

>Official Steam Group Edition VVVVVV
steamcommunity.com/groups/rs2gsquadup

>Red Orchestra Ostfront store-page: store.steampowered.com/app/1200
>Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm store page: store.steampowered.com/app/35450
>Rising Storm 2 store page: store.steampowered.com/app/418460

This webm lacks woodstock filter and it would have been perfect.

I have footage
but I don't like it

why is the ground hands

AMERICANS GET OUT OF MAI RAICE FEELDS REEEEEEEEEEE

War is Hell

I'm wiggin' out man

no really why is his ground hands is that like a video setting

Did you replace grass with limbs
What the fuck dude

>Running through the jungle™ in Song Be
>some black GI in my squad goes DON'T WANNA DIE after we take some fire from the treeline
>muffled vietnamese in the foliage
>unload the M16 on the trees
>one kill, then silence, all is quiet again

Man, fuck the jungle.

It was a map. I have some footage of it

There was a tall spiral stair of corpses in the middle of the map.

Who /walkthroughthejungle/ here?

What's the name of the map?

So its been three weeks or so, any news on more maps?

yeah there's this one with hand grass and corpse staircases

hey does anyone know what they added in the new squad update.

Wh-what?

Fuck off Charlie

Night of the living dog
It's on the 60hz server run by Boxman

look at the op image and comments in thread
is it an actual map or just a retexture, it looks like hill a lot

It's an actual map made from scratch
There's a tower of dogs near VC spawn, it's a joke map that's in rotation for some reason

has anyone found a way to level up faster yet

Q3 2017

>Firing two slugs at once
Does... does that help?

>4400 players online 2 weeks after release
yep dead game

Theoretically two projectiles should have a larger chance of hitting.

that's pretty much the same number of players it always had on weekdays since release

That's part of the charm of RS/RO. More tight knit communities. There's always someone worse than you to shit on anyway no big deal.

There are some issues that need ironing out. And more fucking maps.

I wish I had a joint right about now.

I had this happen more often than I am comfortable with.

DELETE THIS IMAGE IMMEDIATELY

Could his reactions be any slower?

how do i join?

>fly loach on hill
>spotting is pretty much pointless because those dumbasses on the ground dont get uphill kills
>aiming with the machine guns is hard as shit
>if A and B are capped than you get shot out of your cockpit pretty much all the time

why bother

fly a real helicopter, not the pilot school toy

It's a git gud issue
The Cobra needs your spotting to blast tunnels, you also make jobs way easier for competent commanders
Dshks shouldn't be a problem to decent Cobra pilots, but in case they are, just do diagonal horizontal passes behind the guns on C-D. If they have all three guns manned then yeah you're a bit fucked and have a life expectancy of about 8 seconds

>The Cobra needs your spotting to blast tunnels, you also make jobs way easier for competent commanders

Yeah the cobra pilot had a bunch of kills thanks to me I guess but I didn't even get a single point for spotting for an entire round which I can't believe

shhh
attak on my maak

Is territory mode just incompatible with RS2 or are the 3 maps we were given just extremely shit?

that is some scary shit

they shit

>Don't do anything at all
is that a reference to white rabbit by jefferson airplane?

welcome to hell

the mode and maps are fine
there are only shit teams

Complete shit

>think the commanders a retard half the time for dropping on my shitty old marks without asking
>get a chance to play commander once for myself
>SL's don't mark for shit past the first 4 minutes

If anything, I've learned how critical SL's are for commanders.

>all the CoD fags left

tears of joy

But you can place marks yourself and use those. You're not hiding at spawn right?

By the time I got back to a radio after making my own marks they were out of date. The guys playing Radiomen were avoiding me like the plague.

maps are complete dogshit for terrorteries. Very lazy compared to some Supremacy maps which are quite good.

Also why the fuck does firing the RPG randomly kill you sometimes? I'm not talking about black blast or shooting a wall right in front of you. Sometimes I just randomly die when i fire it at a distant target.

>The guys playing Radiomen were avoiding me like the plague.

FUCK YOU COMMANDER SENPAI NEVER NOTICES ME

I'm not joking I caught up to one, said over voice chat "Hey, Radioman stay there for a second."

And he turned, looked at me, turned again and bolted.

Radiomen are a mixed bag. Occasionally you'll get great ones who follow you around sensibly, cover you in fights and know exactly where to sit. And then at other times people don't seem to realize they have a radio on their backs and play it like rifleman.

Reminds me of a time in Battlefield where I was standing over a medic who was lying prone with his rifle, while spamming the "medic' voice thing and hitting him with my shovel. It took him a full minute to realize what I wanted and drop a health pack.

I honestly wouldn't mind playing front line commander if I had a radioman that was good.

Yeah, when it works well it's really fun.

Servers down?

Do you even get much for being a radioman? I did it a couple times during the beta and the few times the commander actually used me for the radio I got like 5 points. Never done it since, I'd rather be a rifleman so I could be on the point at all times than babysit some nerd.

I think it works best if its a Radio/Commander combo with people who know each other.

[this post was sponsored by Rock Island Auction]

>Ianposting is becoming a thing.
I like this

>What are we gonna do on the range?

Would be more if supremacy wasn't such a piece of shit gamemode that all you have to do to win is just join the gooks

>See a punji trap.
>Walk over to disarm it.
>Step on a landmine

Typical FNGs getting themselves killed

I love to do that as a engineer.

Mud Test

What really give the gooks the advantage?

I've really only played the game for like two hours

>see tripwire and punji trap across sandbags in tunnel
>vault over to disarm them
>click

Fuck you, Charlie!

>Tunnels can be placed anywhere on the map, meaning the vc can continuously pressure important points like e and f on an lao, or g, f, and e
>Meanwhile hueys can only land on certain areas that can just be easily ambushed just by any class (also requires good pilots to not crash all the time)
>Class like the sapper can easily hold a point by himself just be spamming mines everywhere

Every time I have played supremacy it has always been with the american side losing

>better guns
>better spawn system
>better camo
>better traps

give US tanks
problem solved

Don't the US spawn system work better? I'd think being able to instantly spawning in where the SL is would be better?

It requires the sl to be constantly alive, where the tunnels can be just about anywhere.

This is heavily counteracted by Americans being able to spawn on SLs. If you play with good SLs who don't rush in and die you'll see a massive difference.

are those dog models from the game files?
does this mean we are getting gook tracking dogs in an update?

If you set the ground in the map editor to the gore texture and shoot it, it sprays up blood.

I made a boxy skirmish level out of it and its like playing a really advanced DOOM mod.

They're really large dog models. The large "tower" is made up of them. There is also some type of fort(?) on the US side.
Isn't the SDK broken? I really want to use it when it's fixed.

That requires someone to play a "good" SL, which means he never exposes himself to the enemy. The USA SL gameplay just isn't fun at all, so people would rather play a bad/mediocre SL instead. Meanwhile the VC SL can just plop down a tunnel and do whatever he wants.

SDK is broken in the sense that it crashes all the time.

I thought they were horses

These things are bullshit incarnate. There's nothing you can do about them other than hope the guy doesn't hit you on the first round, and even if you do manage to kill him, he or someone else will be back on the gun within ten seconds.

>waaah, I can't rain death from above indiscriminately
>What do you mean they can fight back?

Why so salty GI?

You have so many rockets and ways of killing him before he can get 2 shots off lol, being a heli pilot is about memorizing where they are, good pilots/gunnners have ZERO problems dealing with these things

just use the autocanon on the cobra lmao
u can hit the dishka from like 1 klick away

which rifle is the best out of the AKM , 56, or 56-1?

Being on a Dushka when there's a competent pilot around is pants shitting since I have to know exactly where to lead the shots without getting blown up. With shitters who hover waiting to get killed its piss easy. Sounds like you're one of the latter heli pilots

AKM is probably best general use, although there's nothing wrong with the 56 either. 56-1 is wonderful if you expect lots of close range engagements or enjoying hanging around in tunnels.

What are the differences in the way they handle? I can't hit anything with the AKM unless I'm right on top of him but I'm a murder machine with the SKS

Change your fire mode bruh.

Single shot is ridiculous

I prefer 56 because despite the roughly same recoil, higher fire rate means that first 2-3 bullets land closer than on AKM
Honestly AKM is kinda shit, it's fucking revolting

How to get good with transport helis?

All the Cobra does is tk me and ignore my marks, and strafe C though.

Turn advanced flight model on for proper control of collective.
Read an irl helicopter manoeuvre handbook.
Join empty servers and practice landing close to points.
Make a really good playlist.

Already did the advanced flight model and I practiced mostly on An Lao and some of Song Be. So far, my helicopter movement is so far average after practicing

I'm having struggles with landing due to the speed that my heli has. Also, vietcong shooting at me is causing some problems.

To lose speed you'll want to dump collective until you're dropping at around 1m/s then either pull straight back or swing around hard. Once you get the hang of it you should be able to go from 100 to