/dlg/ Duel Links General

Duel Links General #64

Motivational edition.

Last Thread: Latest News
>The world qualifiers are now over. Rewards for those who got ranked in KoG should be available so claim your prizes now
>New box Crimson Kingdom is out. Lots of Zombie, Fire, and Red Eyes support, as well as good generic beaters
>The "Duel-A-Thon" event is here until the 18/19th. Get extra rewards for grinding every day and throughout the event
>A new legendary duelist will be arriving soon, stay tuned for more info
>Yami Bakura will return with a gate based event at the end of June
>The first update to the limit/ban list is likely coming soon

Useless (Duel) Links
>sites with good info on LDs, skills, deck lists, beginner guides, etc.
duellinks.gamea.co/
duellinksmeta.com/
yugidecks.com/

>android emulators
bignox.com/
bluestacks.com/

A few tips for new players
>What is this game? It's mobile Yu-Gi-Oh! using the speed duel format and a smaller card pool. Great if you played the TCG previously and feel nostalgic about it, and not too difficult to learn if you're completely new
>Create and link a Konami ID to play on multiple devices and save your progress in case of a crash
>Turn your battery/power usage bar up to max in the settings menu for a smoother experience
>Decide on what deck you want to build before spending gems. If you're really unsure about what to buy, Crimson Kingdom has high attack 4-star monsters at low rarities
>Some people recommend not leveling your stage past 35, but if you're not having trouble with the standard duelists advancing stages nets you some gems and jewels
>Level up Mai and Keith quickly to unlock Windstorm of Etaqua and Metalmorph for free
>expect f2p friendly decks to be nerfed faster than p2w ones. Activate those almonds while you can

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x3myCWZuI74
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When?

when

rank 4 was a mistake

Cyber Dragons being added to the game would be some huge power creep

WHEN?

Repostan' because it's fun

youtube.com/watch?v=x3myCWZuI74

>It's a "Pegasus turned the gods into cartoons for kicks" episode

There's also a Joey Vs Pegasus one where he uses burning abyss monsters instead of toons, I'm watching it right now but it's not that fun

An exciting mistake

The BA vs Red Eyes duel was so fucking stupid. If you turn the volume up you can hear a couple of people calling almost every move he makes because of how boring and predictable the deck is.

consistency = competitiveness

It was still one of the worst duels they've ever done. Nobody was hyped up and I'm pretty sure BAs still won in the end, which didn't even help them sell Red-Eyes cards (since the duel was meant to advertise them).

nice vagina

>handless deck wins qualifiers
>handless everywhere
well then...

happens with everything with tournaments

>tfw I got your hopes up when skimming the box because Silent Insect has a similar looking art at quick, small glance

>THAT'S A BIG TALK COMING FROM A MAN WHO LIKES CARTOONS

/co/ BTFO

When?

the new counter traps are neat with voltanis, especially ultimate providence. too I can't ever pull voltanis in my starting hand despite having 3 and if I do it's all 3 of them at once.

Whatcha think of this pull?

>3 star demotion: break one of the biggest rule in the game to summon a boss monster for almost nothing
>luck on your side: just activate the card effect to destroy everything
why would they add ridiculous skills like this?

It comes with a price. 3sd decks get dicked by burn

when

>most handless decks rely on wild tornado + storm for removal
>I've been playing a Tyrant Dragon deck

>dueling a random yami yugi
>using rex so have the dino field up
>he opens with double summon and brings in that skeleton gemini monster
>"oh shit he's gonna double summon to give it it's effect and a boost from my field, this is bad"
>he summons a sonic duck instead
>my turn just run over his gemini with crawling dragon
>forfeit

i haven't seen tea in the last 20 duels i've had
also no other deck besides tea runs burn and even if they did who carries enough burn for 100-2k damage?
3SD was a mistake

Friendly reminder that instead of properly nerfing 3SD Komoney instead banned Dark magician

Really makes u fink

>dat OP

>inb4 busta bladder

Just use Dgate with basically any other monster lmao

A lot of people forget that you benefit from the opponent's field

I use normal harpies as ammo for OTC so I can counter HHG as well

If it was an honest mistake then it's alright. I thought you were just being mean spirited at first.

Damn Toon Kingdom seems really fucking good.

don't forget easy barrel dragon for the chance to pop any of your monsters

blowback dragon when
gatling dragon when

Demise when?

accidentally pvped on a modded apk.. rip my f2p 1000 pack account from day 1.. rip 3 soul exchanges.. rip my life.. fuck me

>keep losing in silver ranks to the stupidest fucking decks filled with random cards with 0 synergy
>just because they consistently topdeck their 1-in-30 card that happens to counter my strategy
every goddamn time this happens i get more of an urge to build a harpie deck
it's painful

>life cost 0
>cyberstein in beud
>ritual summon this
>get cucked by enemy tossing kuribohs at you

>Duel-a-thon meter doesn't fill on casual matches

Fuck you too konami, fuck you too.

You gotta learn how to counter bullshit with bullshit, user.

Is that cheating?

Silver is basically casuals. Just don't win too much at you get to gold.

No its his skill, [Recontract Universe]. Available in Duel Links coming the year 2020.

i wanna say that's an illegal move but with all the novels printed on every card i won't even question it

i just wanted to climb the ranks with dino beatdown, mainly because of the release of black tyranno, i don't wanna resort to cancer that is harpies/relinquished/3SD

wait you can't pvp? are you just playing the game to duel the SD?

i use a modded apk to farm, and the actual apk to pvp. i mixed up the emulators..

>i don't wanna resort to cancer that is harpies/relinquished/3SD
why?

>It's a Relinquished in casual episode

I'm actually happy my connection crapped out before I had to deal with that shitshow

because i'm sick of seeing it everywhere in higher ranks, my boredom of it is why i degraded back down to silvers to begin with
except harpies, i've just always hated them

Will amazoness be good when they add more of the cards?

I hate it too, but you either run meta decks (Harpie, 3SD) or run anti-meta decks (Weevil, Clowns), or you're pretty much stuck in gold

When?

i wish!
apparently it's only a secret card you can use with pegasus skill "creator of the cards" or something. defender and breaker

Actually dueling 40 Mai and not farming her is a pain in the dick so probably.

of course, that's just how competitive games (especially card games) work, but the underdog mentality keeps me trying to break through them with something different anyway

i managed to hit platinums with a basic incomplete dragon deck a while ago but that was probably a big chunk of dumb luck to get there, didn't even have any totem dragons or a third vanguard

Ooh, I want Breaker too. Sucks you can only use them atm because of a skill.

when

PSA you can chain two pronged attack to bonfire collossus' effect to destroy an opponents monster for no cost

more reasons to wish I had pegasus

>1800/2200 in Yami
>Once per turn, if a spell caster would be destroyed, you can remove 1 spell counter instead
>citadel of endymion spawns spell counters
>never ending once-per-turn defense of your maidens, defenders, endymion, etc

any tips?

I'm just using Curse as fodder until I can get a White Horn.

>but the underdog mentality keeps me trying to break through them with something different anyway
same, I tried many different non-meta decks before I just gave up and went full harpie retard.

Good luck in finding something that works user

Don't you have a luster dragon to use instead of curse?

Either way, seems like a lot of tribute monsters even with the two totem dragons. You could get dead draws way too easily

i'm really gonna need it, my only options are to finish my dino deck or finish my dragons deck
just used up the last of my keys on him too and trader is being very stingy with his vanguards and totem dragons

>on him
*on rex, rather

Don't give up on it, user. I'm on the same boat, I have underdog/special snowflake mentality and keep trying different things. Like this stupid ass plant deck.

We'll make it soon brother, keep your chin up

3 wyverns

Post your plant deck.

I'm playing bluff trap right now but 3sd is not a good match up.

t b h this is how I think the game is the most fun. When you're trying non-meta decks trying to make your way up the ladder. Sure, get KoG a few times, but after that it's more fun IMO to ignore the meta.

I'm gonna make Plat with my kickfire deck, you just watch

>plants
even i think you're crazy

but that also sounds too cool to not try at some point, what kind of secret tech do the little guys have?

Psyche, It is I, Shitty Theme Duelist user once again to report...It's still garbage! But I think I'm making progress.

Right now that's the best I can do. I can deal well enough with most normal drops and 4 stars but the moment something strong comes in I'm fucked, that's why the Wonder balloons and metalmorph.

Naturia Strawberry is my absolute nigga. Seed of Flame, not so much. Dead card most of the time

You want to know secret techs? Wonder Clover is actually surprisingly legit. It works on any monster so if I have gearfried or the bean out I can surprise people.

The trick here is play defensively. I have a tendency to attack things like a retard, but since strawberry is so weak I have to set up traps and wait until they attack first. Plant Food Chain is the only reason this is marginally viable.

I used to have treaty of uniform nomeclature earlier, but it's just not worth it. Storm gets me more milleage.

I always thought Yami Marik's voice was done with a machine.

>I took over the cameramans mind and zoomed in the camera

Kek

What are people thinking about the new booster?

It's got some pretty good stuff, but has limited staples like NI and UR have

I once ran into someone who I thought was a retard because he was using plants. He the proceeded to empty his deck into the gy and then use that one raging mad plants cars. Then I magic drained it so now I'll never see the end of his super plant combo.

Pretty neat.

Here's my updated plant deck. Swapped up mirror wall and windstorm for Dgates because I've been running into so much BS lately (relinq, 3sd, otc). Half shut because plants have low defence.

P o w e r c r e e p
Kabazauls and Angus are great beatsticks

i like it
adds a new element
URs are pretty good (red lotus)
a lot of players are hype for the red eyes support though (even after shitting on super joey)

Actually, I want ZeXal Form Yuma to be added to Duel Links as an event enemy (like Bakura and Yugi currently are), and I want his Lv 30/40 skill to be Re-Contract Universe.

>Yeah, that card I just played? Completely different card now.

Retrains are cool

Event enemies for Zexal might be the Barians, Astral, Eliphas and some of the other side characters. I hope to god Anna is a main character so that I can go full train autism.

Though it would be funny as fuck if 90% of the Zexal skills are just Shining/Barian's Draw, the Seventh One would be too broken in this game though.

Man, I really want Lekunga. 1700 atk would make it an actually halfway decent drop that I could use to attack, and get rid of fucking seed of flame.

I'm not gonna get D. gates but once I get Mai up to a high enough level I'l train Kaiba and get myself some matter transporters. Should work just as well.

Plants have a great cardfu either way.

When?

Dgates are much more versatile. Being able to steal your opponent's monster on top of dodging bs is very powerful.

I wouldn't run more than 1 IMT.

STARSCREEEAAAMMM!!!

Well I can't acquire a D. Gate at all anymore since the paradox brothers aren't in an event, so I'm shit out of luck either way. I'll make do with one IMT and something else

what's the relationship between gaia and BLS?

I'm assuming it's just because Yugi used it to summon BLS a few times in the anime.

A lot of cards are mude purely due to synergy.

>This card's artwork is taken from Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist Duel 59: "The Legendary Swordsman", specifically from the panel in which "Gaia the Fierce Knight" is shown charging "into the black pits of chaos" before becoming "Black Luster Soldier".

>Joey have a tuner
>doesn't have any synchros
>no fucking Flame Swordsman synchro retrain