/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Apologize to your elders now edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1 (embed)
↳Extended footage: mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31388446

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free.
youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
-Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In World, shoot your flare up while in the overworld
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
gamespot.com/articles/e3-2017-capcom-not-bringing-switch-version-of-mons/1100-6450954/
youtube.com/watch?v=wF5azoX-Auw
youtu.be/Ro6r15wzp2o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

help, gore magala keeps bullying me

Post elder dragons

>Just to clarify: our official response is we have not announced any plans to localize MHXX at this time.

XX localization reportedly not in the works. gamespot.com/articles/e3-2017-capcom-not-bringing-switch-version-of-mons/1100-6450954/

So what are the predictions for how much more XX will sell than World in Japan?
1 million?
2 million?

"at this time"

Bully it back with fire. His big meaty arms are also susceptible to pierce HBG.

Post 1 if you think Monster Hunter World will be successful/critically acclaimed.

Post 2 if you think it will be casualized shit and hurt the franchise.

It's being announced at the Treehouse.

How was Tri hard?

Oh yes of course, why did I forget that? Who doesn't know about the huge PC gaming crowd in Japan?
Japanese Salarymen playing MH on their laptops in the train?

XX is already out. XX on the Switch won't sell much, why would it. MHW _would_ sell a lot, IF it was on a handheld.

But it isn't. It's doomed to bomb.

At least we get Stories, hype....guys...........anyone?

every day they delay is another nail in their own coffin

successful/critically acclaimed =/= a good monster hunter game

>His big meaty arms

they say hope dies last, but i hope it dies fast

Gaijin not smart enough for two game.

FUCK XX AND I AM GLAD WORLD EXIST
DIE FRONTIERSHIT
can't wait for the 20th

>Backpedaling this hard after people tell you that they're not going to tolerate their shit

Yeah, Stories is rad.

i've killed him plenty of times but I seem to have become retarded lately and can't do it anymore

Obviously what we need right now is more pessimism. Fuck the optimist.

What's the single piece of new that you hate most about Monster Hunter World.

For me, it's the target fps being 30.

>I don't like monster hunter its too hard!
wtf? I LOVE monster hunter now!

There won't be a PC version in Japan.

MHW is PS4 exclusive in Japan.

The character design is great in that game. The combat seems really shit though, looking foward to playing it.

>we did however announce MHW, go buy that

The obvious backdoor shady deals is obvious as fuck.

>Sony shills thinks this is even in the top 5 worst things Capcom has done to us

Remember that time we went 4 years without a Monster Hunter game? Any MH game whatsoever?

The 3DS got 5 Monster Hunter exclusives, I'm set for the next decade. By the time I'm done, there will be 3 new traditional Monster Hunter games on every platform but the Vita, because Japan can't get enough of good ol' MH

Now who's up for some goddamn hunting?!

I'm excited for Stories!!!

Radial item menu, damage numbers, and over the shoulder camera

Half of the trailer wouldn't have even been MonHun if the guy didn't have an Agito on his back.

Hype!

Portable HD > Portable => Home Console HD > Shit > MHO > Frontier > Even More Shit > Dauntless

am i getting this right

moving while using potions
removed gathering animations

CONSOLE KEK
U
C
K

given capcom wants to expand the audience of MH be reinventing the western appeal, it actually doesn't really make a lot of sense to announce MHW and then also release an older MH that represented all problems as to why the old MH games weren't selling better.

I imagine a girl would think differently of her macho man date if he suddenly started talking about all the gay anal nigger sex he used to have.

>Thinking the average jap has a PC powerful enough to run anything that isn't a VN

Obviously what we need right now is blindly trusting Capcom and rewarding them for their double crossing and betrayal. Fuck the critical guy.

I'm excited!

>XX on the Switch won't sell much, why would it.
Because people didn't buy XX on 3DS because they anticipated it coming out for the Switch?

"No plans at this time" is always the response. Gamespot is dumb for trying to make a stink.

that it's not on handheld
i'd buy it even if it was on any handheld tbqh

i hate to be tethered to a couch or to where i work to play videogames

but that makes me a faggot and a nintedrone(?), right

Have you ever done any scientific study ever

why keep playing the hard game like this, just say yes or no, at least people will be able to move on from this endless shitshow and eventually just focus on MHW

gen room up

I think MHW looks great except for the boring looking t-rex and I've put 1000 hours on every generation since 2nd. Ask me anything.

>mfw it's going to bomb because western faggots will think it's too clunky and difficult and the nips wont buy it because it isn't on shitty underpowered nintendo console #10
MH6 coming to Switch soon

I ate those mon

NintenDROME

Gathering animations were already too short in recent MH games, now they're just making them even shorter.

SHOW ME THE PALICOES IN WORLD YOU FUCKS

Lets all give our most favorite monster; Rathalos some good coddles!

No underwater combat. Im serious. There's so much potential in it, even since its back on a console (idk how it went with 3U on 3ds) that removes past limitations. You could do some grappling hook water shit for all I care and I would be happy.

Also changing weapons mid hunt

swap mho and frontier and yes

On the contrary, gathering once takes much longer in X and XX

Gathering multiple times was shortened which doesn't really help when you're picking up shinies

I love Nintendo and I'm not a drone, I criticize them a lot, but still love them. I also really like Monster Hunter and I can say without a doubt that Monster Hunter World is looking to be amazing and the best of all is that they're not replacing the traditional mainline Monster Hunter games, it's literally a win/win situation for everyone. Heck, even XONE fans are getting it, why are people so mad about the game?

the neogaf tester mentioned that the GS charge audio visual effects were pretty shitty

youtube.com/watch?v=wF5azoX-Auw

>changed his roar in World

c-cute

Time to jailbreak my 3DS I guess

XX was the best selling game in japan for like 2 months man. It outsold that new zelda by like 4:1.

that mention in the tweet is not indicative of anything. He could have been saying that just cause he didn't want people to think there would be a switch version and hold out on getting the 3ds version. And honestly it doesn't really matter what version anyone has since switch and 3ds can play together over the internet or even local wireless - the graphics will just be a tad better on the switch version, on top of having a more shitty control method for lack of the 2nd screen.

>On the contrary, gathering once takes much longer in X and XX
That's the one good thing.

Reminder
>>You can lock down monsters in multiplayer in a firing squad of 3HBG/1LBG
>"Just solo you shitter!"
>>Longsword is introduced to get more people into Blademaster in 2ndGen
>"Just use other weapons!"
>>Blast attribute removes any incentive to craft other weapons
>"Just don't craft them!"
>>CB is a do-it-all weapon that convinced a fair number of people to stay in 3U
>>IG can jump at will and gains innate earplugs under Triple-Up
>>Arts and Styles break the game(AR especially invalidates the existence of Steve weapons)
>"Just don't use them!"
>>Midquest Supply Drops act as a crutch for forgetful shitters who rush to the departure gate
>"Just don't use it!"
>>Flexing is gone
>"Just don't get hit, shitter!"
>>Hookshot allows you to reposition after being dismounted
>"Just don't use it!"
>>Ghillie mantles allow you avoid fights for a period of time
>"Just don't use it!"
>>Scoutflies help identify gathering spots and footprints
>"Just dont use them!"

Still didn't meet sales target, still hasn't met it.

They did WHAT?

>don't live on a timeline where the Switch also got MHW and literally no one would be complaining
I fucking hate this timeline.

The instant I saw how fast they made the greatsword, my heart fucking dropped

It looked like every piece of casual garbage I've spent the past 12 years ridiculing

This is MH now. Thanks, Sony.

Speaking of effects, when you're poisoned you get the same effect as when you get wet in Dragon's Dogma by the looks of it.

>Own a Switch and a PC that can run MHW
>On the middle ground for both MH games but looking forward to more games
>If one fails there's always the other one
>If both fail I get to keep playing MH4U with my buddy

I just like playing Monster Hunter games

>The instant I saw how fast they made the greatsword
wut

Why people are complaining about the lack of gathering animation. There is a ton of small features and touches that make MH unique and interesting, but I don't see why we couldn't have a press once to get everything from this pile of materials. Carving and shinnies are another story....

>Gathering animations were already too short
What?

They're complaining about the game, not its platforms.

>every game, Rathalos gets cucked
>finally looks like it's alpha again
>roar changed

have you ever written a post that made sense?

>don't live on a timeline where Nintendo is fucking competent and make consoles with good hardwae
yeah , fuck capcom xD

1:20
youtu.be/Ro6r15wzp2o

>death of monhun as we know it
Never been a better time to be weaned off of vidya gams and start prioritising adult, real life things

>no 3rd gen monsters except Zinogre
>none of those trash 4th gen monsters
>none of those disgusting monsters from X or XX
>glorious designs in a new golden age that we haven't seen since the MHFU days

Watch faggots, watch as based Sony and Capcom erase the shitstains that are gens 3, 4, and X that were spawned during their days with Nintendo. Keep crying nintentoddlers,

>>>Midquest Supply Drops act as a crutch for forgetful shitters who rush to the departure gate
>>"Just don't use it!"
You haven't played XX.

What is monster hunter stories exactly? Im interested

@179756064

given your response I'd assume your answer to be no
makes sense you wouldn't know what a control group is

do you realise what board and thread you're posting on?

>thinking world looks clunky

>>finally looks like it's alpha again
Das right user, I'M THE MUTHAFRICKEN ALPHA

>actually like Gen and the additions it added
>know for a fact that there's people here who enjoyed a lot of what it had to offer too
>now that MHW is coming, MHX and anyone who like it will get shitposted to death with muh adept style and gathering missions because any positivity for MHX is impossible
>any of the good stuff like super fun aerial styles with hammer and insect glaive, prowler mode, all the fun new mosters, hunting arts, sns juicing, transmog, and more are all completely ignored and tossed out
>not even going to get MHXX in West to enjoy the definite edition of it
T-thanks I guess Capcom

Not with that sore throat, RathaLoser

I get why they did it from a marketing standpoint but as someone who wanted XX localized for Switch I think they should fuck themselves in the ass with a rusty spoon. I would've gladly bought both games but now I'm going to pirate out of spite.

Nice bait. 4th gen monsters are so much more fun to fight than anything before them, since everything before them is TURN TWICE CHARGE

1.5 million sales for an effortless cashgrab expansion is fuckin' generous, man. I'd say it well exceeded their internal sales target and not their PR target.

>>no 3rd gen monsters except Zinogre
Will doggo make a return in MHWorld?

They also never denied that P3rd was going to be localized.
Capcom never says no to these questions, they just don't answer them.

Good goyim. Now go and buy a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X (if you're feeling like an extra stupid gaijin) to get ready for Monster Hunter World, coming early 2018!

Man I loved Aerial Hammer but I moved away from it for the same reason I moved away from IG in 4U. Mounting is just so overpowered it feels boring and repetitive after a while. I don't think I'd mind if they removed it entirely. I have no idea how to effectively balance it.

>Monster Hunter goes to Nintendo
>P3rd doesn't get localized
>Monster Hunter goes to Sony
>XX doesn't get localized

Pottery.