/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>/palg/ Discord
discord.gg/SNwXWHe

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB52)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?43857

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=2qlES6unUwY&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=0p9Ptob5pC4&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
paladins.guru
mypaladins.com
masterpaladins.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=djwTm1sFHmY&t=128s
youtu.be/-Hx_ENXDSSA
youtube.com/watch?v=04F4xlWSFh0&
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want to care for Fernando's wellbeing!

Essence

lewd

>Instead of doing 30% less healing with Lifelike, you do 50% less SELF-healing and normal healing for your allies
>Mortal Reach now adds 5 seconds of cooldown
>Grover's passive heal is now 150 health/second and Blossom's cooldown is now 8 seconds
>Grohk now is officially homosexual and chokes on dicks everyday

Did I fixed the supports?

(reposted it from last thread with a slight modification)

I approve of this.
t. Grover

Replying it here too

I have all the cards in the game so no worries there, regardless I feel like I'm being lied to, you don't counter majority of the attacks in the game, drogoz ult went right through it both times I tired it. You can't cancel it so if people see what you're doing they just don't fire it and kill you after the duration is over if you don't run away.

I can't see how you can use this against decent players without fucking yourself over. I'll test more games but it feels like trash,. If you could at least cancel the animation it wouldn't be so bad but its like shooting at Reversal, no one sane is going to do it.

Counter legendary is shit, definitely got tricked mate

This is my beautiful and perfect wife, Ying. Please say something nice about her.

Your wife a shit even willo looks better

VHS VHS VHS VHS VHS

Terrible fashion sense.

I'm pretty sure the reason why is because either your aim was off or there was still time on Drogoz's ult so he landed a 2nd hit on you. You can absolutely counter 90% of the Ults in the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=djwTm1sFHmY&t=128s

His counter build still relies on people going full retard on it though.

She looks cool as a robot.

So it is a meme legendary like I said in my original post?

Nothing wrong with that but it just feels like it doesn't actually trigger off anything and even when it does the range is so short you can't really do shit, having it keep going post the first trigger will kill you more often then not against good players. Even with countering dumb lizard they're never going to ult you intentionally as a flank unless you're the only easy target anyway.

Again need more practice, but fuck.

Does she force you to post here?

She's good with animals.

Is there anyway to get these tryhard ads to NOT show up on my main screen when in game?

30%

Mortal reach is the shit legendary anyway.

But 5 seconds is bait-level of added cd. Try 1 second, maybe 1.5.

You just KNOW

Not disputing it, it's very niche skillset that is really easy to get around if your opponent knows what he/she is doing. The most success I found with the legendary is to use the heal-on-counter ability and stick right into the face of the highest threat.

You want to position them in such a way that their entire team is always in front of you so you will heal and kill your target if they try to save their friend or at the very least get a full heal. The problem with this build is actually getting to your target with vertical mobility. I basically gave up on chasing Drogoz and just Ult him as often as possible.

>being able to heal your flankers across the map and heal your tank even more vs needing to get 4 hits on a single target with your slow weapon for a 1s stun, while missing a lot of potential heal

How is Mortal Reach the shit legendary? The only downside to it is when you heal the wrong person, which is a 2 sec cooldown and the ability to stop the heal is permissive.

THREADLY. REMINDER.
That Drogoz is the best husbando!
No one can stand before him, he is the true perfection.
He'll always be spicier and hotter than Fernando,
Always cuter than Pip,
Always more handsome than Ying.

>level 25 guy tells people to flank on the open map side of Jag Falls vs a Torvald
>they listen
>Torvald gets a free triple kill

Not even mad that shit was hilarious

Seris has the best skin concepts and those who say otherwise will get cauterized for life.

Seris also does amazing damage and can completely lock down half the cast with good timing on her 1s stun legendary. If you are across the map you are useless for damage, a flank will just kill you after you pop out of your invisibility, you need LoS which you won't have 90% of the time on someone who needs healing, and her heal is already really long range without the card. The maps just aren't made for long range.

This is Ying.
She is my wife.

Impostors keep appearing claiming she's their wife, but all of them are naught but liars.
It is a shame, because it's easy to see why anyone would wish to have such a loving and beautiful girl as their wife, but she's already my wife and our union is sacred and unbreakable.

Don't lie, user. It's not healthy for you.

But user, what if people vote for Voodoo?

I stopped playing around the Lex release.

What has changed?

>New healer: Oracle of shadowy origin called Seris, has some pretty ridiculous single-target healing
>New damage: Slightly odd looking fairy called Willow, uses explosive seeds and anti-healing fields for area denial
>New frontliner: Armored lady with a flak cannon called Ash, mostly a knockback bully
>New flanker: Chinese badguy with a flaming sword called Zhin, now sword edgelords can compete with revolver edgelords
>Grohk's Ult now heals himself as well
>Inara is actually tough now
>Androxus and Drogoz got nerfed a bit
>Chests have been reorganized a bit
>You can now use crystals to enchant radiant chests so you don't get dupes
>A lot of the champion master rewards have been stripped out and replaced with emotes/poses/skins you can buy with gold
>New team deathmatch mode

Hi-Rez should add the ability for us to see our legs/torso when looking down. I want to feel like I'm playing a girl.

It's not worth coming back to.

>New team deathmatch mode
To be honest, it's almost more of a KotH mode. You could win by just holding the point and not getting kills.

Nice

It also pops up to tell you when it's being contested.

I think it's a neat mix of both team death match and king of the hill, like how siege is a mix of capture point and payload
normal payload and survival seem so boring compared to the hybrid game modes

>can't cancel zhin's counter or billow
this actually makes no sense

when are they going to make a fucking skin showing of Yings feet

I actually voted for Voodoo but there's no art of that.

but user, there is already Seris's feet.
and Mal'Damba's

I heard they changed how items worked, Is that the case?

I don't think they changed burn cards at all outside removal of aggression.

Whats the other site to use? Guru is fucked.

mypaladins.com
But get ready for your ego to deflate when you see the tiny number on it.

For the people that will get an Xbox One X, Paladins will be 4k 60 fps on it.

youtu.be/-Hx_ENXDSSA

>consoles
>>>

I was only like 1800 on guru so np there

Good taste.

That actually looks pretty good.

I get 150fps for this game, don't give me this 60fps bullshit.

You better have a 144Hz monitor otherwise it's useless

Finally, now I can put my founder's pack to good use.

Have consoles given up touting 30fps as the standard?

I don't think there's any going back once they go down that route. Consolepeasants won't want to go back after getting used to 60fps. They better hope their technology can hold up

30fps is merely "cinematic". 60fps is "uberorgasmic".

if it can run 4k at 60 fps, i think 30 fps is long gone.

The last 3 generations or so all started off running games at smooth 60fps, but slowly turned to 30fps as vidya developers added more and more technology.

So it seems like they are really putting their eggs into the 60fps basket this time, which could bite them in the ass.

I've had a 100% win ratio using this and smoldering on onslaught so far, he is pretty fun. No idea how you'd justify taking him over Andy/Lex/Evie/Buck on the real mode though. He is a gimmick that gets rekt by good players.

installed Dirty Bomb cause it gets mentioned a bunch.
so far the gameplay feels good except:
HOW DO I DEAL WITH THE P2W FATMAN OF "BRRRRRRRRT"?
He's got at least twice both HP and DPS.
If engaged out of ideal chaingun range his Androxus style revolver shreds me.
good fucking balance

Generally, the best strategies are to blow the shit out of him or shoot him from very far away.

rhino is ezpz

It's honestly pretty awful for balance, but I still have fun.

>Consolepeasants won't want to go back after getting used to 60fps.
Really, they'll take what they're given.

when is skye getting a rework

They're pushing for the 4k meme harder than the 60 FPS meme. At E3 they almost never mentioned FPS at all during any conference, but kept spouting about 4k (which I honestly don't get because their hardware could instead EASILY run 1440p at 60+ FPS instead).

This trailer just mentions FPS because they have the PC player mindset where they care about decent framerate.

>Microsoft's hardware could instead EASILY run 1440p at 60+ FPS instead

At what resolution would it have to run on Nintendo Switch to be 60fps? It's the only console i'm interested at the moment. Portable Paladins would be great.

youtube.com/watch?v=04F4xlWSFh0&

I don't know much about the Switch. other than that ARMS is fun and the tournament they had today was the shit.

Zelda needed to run at a lower resolution for 30 fps. It'd probably be stuck at 720p at the best.

I'd get a switch if they got some good shooters for it. The new mode in Paladins would make it work pretty well for portable too.

Is 2k MMR really in the top 1%? That doesn't seem right.

Elo is like IQ. Most people are at the middle, and it gets sparser as it goes out from the middle.

I know the ELO system is universal, but I'd rather see a chart for this game instead of one for CSGO.

Most people hover around 1600~, its what it is.

Actually managed to find one. It's really old, but same curve.

>Not being in the top 0.80's.
Only people in the top 0.90 or more should post here.

b-but i just started playing last week

And I felt bad for barely breaking 2000.
But you know, I don't really play much. Haven't even reached lvl 30 after "playing" since the game was released on Steam, and I almost never memestack.
It's actually pretty sad to imagine 99% of people with accounts - abandoned or not - are legally retarded levels of bad.

there's no way these are accurate, even the lowest of the low I see in my matches are close to 1700 elo

Most people are retarded. The skill curve for almost every game you play is similar to that, with you way up there just for not being an idiot.

Are FPS issues still happening or is it safe to play now?

Should be fine.

What's the best legendary for Zhin, billow or counter?

Unless you are an e-celeb and have a shitload of friend requests then you should be fine.

counter if enemies are retarded, guillotine if you're really bad with zhin, and billow for anything else

As entertaining as the Counter one might be, what with slapping Ults out of the air and such, it's pretty reliant on people being dumb enough to feed you attacks from head-on. Billow lets you float away while cackling nefariously and healing most of the damage people dealt to you, which seems handy and suitably villainous.

You won't know if the enemies are retarded or not at the point where you can pick legendaries, so Guillotine.

No genie skin no waifu.

So neither mypaladins or guru are working right now?

Rhino is one of the weakest heroes. Shoot his head.

>le p2w

You can unlock him just like any hero, jesus christ.

Why does this game have such awful servers?
Why can I not leave during the potg?
Why does the potg glitch out and not even work most of the time anyway?
Why does the item system have auto-buy on by default without telling the player anything?
Why is there no scoreboard in-game?
I really like this game, but so much of how it works is a complete fucking mess.

Shazbot.

I miss old damage class Ying

Fixed in OB52. Also patchday.
No idea why.
No idea why.
It tells players in 3 different ways. One in the champion selection screen (the small tickbox), one at the start of the game (a tooltip for when something has been bought automatically), and one inside the item shop (you cannot buy anything if autobuy is enabled and there's a huge button telling you to turn off autobuy)
Press Tab or Press Esc.

My client keeps lagging out on the champion select screen and even in the match loading screen forcing me back to the home page and sit out until the match is over. How to fix this? What causes the problem?

Why was Barik's old ult replaced? His current one is complete dogshit.

lmao why are zhin's sword skins fucking 9500 when everyone else's are 4750
and his uncommon head and body is fucking 15000
are you kidding me jew rez

How the hell is the "comeback mechanic" an acceptable feature of siege? It's supposed to be the main competitive game type but this mechanic actively fights to keep scores even.

Too OP.

the score system in general was made with "comebacks" in mind (in other words, with losers in mind)
if you cap the point 3 times and the enemy caps once you lose, I've been calling out this bullshit for ages now but nobody seems to care

Imagine how long games would be if one team caps it 3 times, then the other teams caps it 3 times.