teamfortress.tv/servers

>Tips and guides
Blog: tf2.com
Wiki: wiki.tf
Class guides: pastebin.com/u/TheOperator
FAQ: pastebin.com/6t7WNtgn
Mods: pastebin.com/bzzUK5tz
Steam status: steamstat.us steamgaug.es
Preview Loadout: whatsnext.loadout.tf | steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/158547475
HUDs: huds.tf
Game Traffic: steamcharts.com/app/440#1y

>Trading
Sites: scrap.tf | tf2outpost.com | backpack.tf | bazaar.tf
BP check: backpack.tf
Prices: backpack.tf | trade.tf
Scrapbanking: scrap.tf | scrapbank.me
Skins: p337.info/tfview/

>Competitive
Basics: playcomp.tf
Comp Wiki: comp.tf
Lobbies: tf2center.com/lobbies
Scripting: pastebin.com/1VmngMfJ | pastebin.com/H3WfKLaB
TF2 streams: teamfortress.tv
UGC (Global): ugcleague.com
ESEA (NA/EU): play.esea.net
ETF2L (EU): etf2l.org
AusFortress (AUS): ozfortress.com
AsiaFortress (Asia): asiafortress.com
FBTF (Brazil): teamfortress.com.br/forum/

>IRC
irc://irc.rizon.net/tf2g
pastebin.com/9S37Kk0W

>/tf2g/s looking to party queue
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15-e-Sut2sj954Cjm8aGzXMaN4dSSop7xgiyp9DCdOK8/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dD5eYwIVeyY
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SFM/Adding_objects
youtube.com/watch?v=B0JkLflW3ns
web.archive.org/web/*/http://steamcommunity.com/id/chaosheim/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for heavy

i want to fug ze medic

3nd for STOP TRYING TO BUFF HEAVY TO BE USED 24/7 IN 6S FFS JUST GIVE HIM LESS DAMAGE FALL OFF SO HE CAN PARK HIS FAT ASS ON LAST AND BE BETTER AT HIS ROLE, WHICH IS OFFCLASSING TO DEFEND LAST

3rd for wheres the update?

post texans NOW!!!!!

thats not a texan, thats a ghoul

here's my engie ;)

uhhhhhhhhh imitation loadouts

I should actually update this I don't have the unusual sombrero anymore

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>tfw friend you used to play tf2 with hasn't logged in to steam in over 4 years
>he really liked having fun
>tfw liked getting good
>we used to talk about hats and getting lucky in mvm while having fun
>he fell for the overwatch meme and will never come back

youtube.com/watch?v=dD5eYwIVeyY

in sfm, how do you attach a cosmetic from the workshop like a jacket or pants (any item that attaches to multiple bones) to a character model?

>tfw sitting in mumble with 6 greatest friend
>tfw only 2 of us are playing tf2
>overwatch

Pull the plug, Valve

End TF2

frag man will tf2 ever come back to the big time

You have to link the pertinent bones to the pertinent bones, they're named the same thing.
Then you zero out the difference between them.

but tf2 is dead
you said so yourself

yes, it's very possible as long as more developers join the tf2 team, they give the game more exposure than it has gotten over the past months, change default settings, make tutorials and probably add hidden rating to casual, i wouldn't be against giving people with less hours played have more chance to crit because if it keeps them interested enough they'll probably stick to the game

it's not game balance alone that's causing it to slowly die, do you think a person coming into the game will have religious thoughts regarding weapons or classes if they've only played 50 hours?

do i link the bones from the model to the class, or from the class to the model?
or does it not matter

reminder that if you are annoyed that i invite you to play TF2 you should just delete me from your friendlist instead of whining here. you are of no value to me if you dont play TF2, i dont like you and theres no reason for us to have each other in steam if you dont even play THE GAME

What an ugly fucker hahha

did his brain damage start leaking
>inb4 "you are too poor to afford brain trauma"

>tfw nobody invites me to play with them

>could afford laser eye surgery to get rid of those disgusting glasses with rims thicker than his dick
>could afford liposuction to get rid of all of that disgusting fat, or just a gym membership
>gets a hat for a game he doesn't play

>tfw I got one of my Overwatch buddys hooked on TF2

Guys, guys what if they cancel on posting the balance blog post?

im habby wid by body :DD

I don't do enough SFM to know for certain, but you want the motion FROM the bones of the chaaracter model to transfer TO the motion of the model you're adding, so it does matter.

Test it both ways, you'll figure it out

this is actually one of the things i've been thinking about a lot. the lack of the blogpost thus far is what's inclining my opinion towards the update not being released this month, because they would have to take in all of that fucking feedback from so many different sources and rework what they've done based on that. that could delay the update substantially based on how much recoding and balancing they'd have to do in order to find a relatively happy medium that doesn't result in another phlog buff incident or bison nerf incident. that is assuming they will post the blogpost though, if they won't, then yeah, it still might come out this month, but i still have my doubts. if they cancel, the update will get released sooner, if not, they might have to retweak a lot of things unless they magically made perfect changes across the board.

we march to protest at Valve HQ

what is better
>small updates every week or 2
>one fuckhuge update every year that introduces a lot of broken shit at once and everybody hates it, will get updated next year

oops posted in the wrong general

Depends on your term for "small update"

>valve stopping before meet your match shitshow
thats whats better
TF2 team should be fired, put the CSGO team that actually listens to the comp community in charge. they can actually build functional comp MM and casual MM

but we already get small updates every few months in the form of fucking cosmetics nobody wanted

i definitely don't like the tf team's current policy towards balance changes and updates being that it all has to be condensed into one MEGA SUPER AWESOME update sprinkled with some small updates fixing all the shit they broke after the fact. i'd much prefer it that some blatantly overpowered weapons wouldn't have to wait until the mega update to just get fucking fixed.

whenever i slide the "zero" bar, it moves the character model as well as the class model. this happens either way i connect the bones.

developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SFM/Adding_objects

Subheading: to put a hat on a character

Do this for all joints

ebin

My friend is giving me a FN knife but told me to pick one, Blitzkrieg Knife or Blue Mew?

Blitzkrieg, definitely.

rate my demo

HABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEB

KA-BOOOOM
youtube.com/watch?v=B0JkLflW3ns

Pyro secondary

The Vile Arch
Level 5 McDonald's employee manual
On Taunt: Channel an attack that marks all enemies within a 180° angle in front of the Pyro with a non-damaging flame. Can channel for a minimum of 1 second and a maximum of 5 seconds. Flame has unlimited range but is immediately removed if the enemy leaves your field of vision.
On Cancel Taunt: Deal 50 base damage to all marked targets, plus an additional 50 for each second spent channeling. This deals up to 250 damage per target and ignites enemies for 5 seconds. If the attack deals 150 damage or more, all afflicted enemies are ignited with mini-crit afterburn for 10 seconds.
When Drawn: 25% faster movement speed on wearer

be the arch vile from doom and frag EVERYTHING but also you have to stand still to frag

Pyro primary

removed

be the removed from the removed and stop being a cancer that plagues tf2

did i do good

haha fagger

Only 9?
They have a ringer?

haha fragger

takes a long time, but this worked, thanks

Your Eternal Reward fix
Level 1 Knife
>Upon a successful backstab against a human target, you rapidly disguise as your victim
>Silent Killer: No attack noise from backstabs and backstabs do not show up in kill feed for enemy players
>Silent Killer: No swing sound or hit sound at all
>Silent Killer: Mutes automatic voice responses (i.e. THE CART IS FALLING BACK and on-kill taunts) and prevents enemy team from seeing your voice commands
>Silent Killer: Wearer's class and death status are not displayed in matchmaking. Wearer cannot be seen by enemy spectators.
>Silent Killer: 75% reduction in decloak noise on wearer

>Wearer cannot disguise
>All of these stats are unlisted and just displayed as "you sneaky nigga"

spy should have event related responses disabled by default
ive caught so many spies that i shouldnt have like this

At least wanderer looks cute as a beaner.

>THE CART IS SUPPOSED TO MOVE FOOOOORWARD

Big Beef
Level 20 Full Pound Angus Burger
>On consumption: +700 base hp
>Player model scales to 1.5 times its normal size for ten seconds
>Move speed decreased by half for ten seconds
>Immune to critical damage and backstabs during this time
>Cannot be healed during this time
>Player reverts to initial size and half of original health after ten seconds, and is marked for death
>Lunchbox takes twice as long to recharge, cannot be replenished by healthpacks
>Tossing provides a full health pack, cannot be picked back up by the same Heavy

fuck off wanderer

Not me.

>WHY IS THE CART NOT MOOOVING

fuck off wanderer

FAT FUCK

im fat but my shoulder span is like double viva's and i can see my penis

do i get a big guy pass

no

dumb twink

>9 killstreak
>As demo on 2fort
No. No you did not.

maybe not all of his weapons are killstreak

playing some casual (NA) for a few maps if anyone wants to join send a message or an add.

People still play TF2?

I'm about to test the kart map, need warm bodies for that, afterwards I'd play some casual.

If anybody wants a sneak peek at the current track I've got it on server:
198.58.114.237:27015

>capture point
>each team is racing to capture a point
>we could cap ours first if the scout helps out
>the scout run to the point, then changes direction at right in front of it to go kill some far off enemy
>other team caps and the point we almost capped locks
FUCKING

which class has the best array of cosmetics and why?
id argue demo since his character ranges from standard explosives guy to scottsman to (arabian) knight to pirate

definitely not spy

Still pretty sad display. He has 0 streak at the end of the game. Meaning he just respawned. Meaning he's bad. If you aren't racking up big kills as an explosives man on 2fort, you are doing it wrong. Also what kind of poorfag can't afford a ks GL/Sticky launcher kit?

offense:
>scout
>soldier
>demo

defense:
>engineer
>heavy

support:
>medic
>pyro

pick:
>spy
>sniper

rate

Seems right

shid i like this much better

power: pyro demoman heavy
pick: scout soldier sniper spy
support: engineer medic

soldier has very slight overlap with power

dont you technically support your team by playing power classes

sorry i'm late just gotta pop in to shitpost before watching shitty CGI anime

MAKE THIS COSMETIC WORK IN AN OUTFIT

this is the all class loadout i use that fits with pretty much every robo cosmetic i've tried

>the pipe isnt even in the demo's mouth, its just welded right onto the metal beard

>ok ill match it with the FR-0
>paint only changes the headband on the FR-0
>ok ill paint the beard then
>painting the beard only changes the color of the pipe

jesus christ this shit really is irredeemable

i cant decide if thats genius or retarded

>put item on sale
>someone instabought it even though it was just 10 cents below then cheapest one
>what the heck
>check their profile
>no known aliases, no profile image, no hours on tf2
>last online 252 days ago
>1 guy on friendlist, probably owner and this is an alt
>check guy's profile
>last online 199 days ago

im really fucking confused right now

i tried

now that ive checked, the alt doesnt even have anything in its inventory but somehow has untradeable tf2 items without having played that game and the main doesnt have any tf2 hours either
now im puzzled

what looks best w/dangeresque too? reggaelator?

company mann
bounty hat

ok other than those i dont wanna be too good looking

ouch what happend? nose bleed? mosh pit? somebody insult your style?

for those who care this is why i dc'ed.
just showed up randomly during the match and couldn't see shit. restarting tf2 seemed to fix it though.

Huh. I've been bullying people in cp_orange servers since you guys dipped.

>first server I connect to has a 2v2 going on
>miss several headshots at first
>lead a sniper and get a headshot on him
>disconnects
>headshot on a scout running away
>he disconnects
>have to leave since it's just me and the server owner otherwise it'd be kinda awkward

>people who disconnect after losing once
i never got this
you never learn if you only face easy challenges, and once a hard challenge comes across, people give up way too easily
staying up against a tough opponent is my most favourite thing to do, and when your kd turns positive you know you accomplished something

web.archive.org/web/*/http://steamcommunity.com/id/chaosheim/

Oh, the memories, seems like there's always been someone related to tf2g posting in my profile, what about yours?

im a literal who so ive got jack shit.

basically every post on my profile summed up
>nice trader
>fast and friendly trader
>sent offer
>check your trade offer
>you won a raffle
>thanks for using our mvm ticket bot because fuck trading with real people