/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Couldn't deal with the triple humiliation of dying to poison, dying as a blueberry and getting gestured on
>App 1.14, Regulation 1.35 Patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/3044845282383816896

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/211177
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Little early there, buddy! I saw this thread at #7 on the front page but the old thread was only 740 posts and #1 on the front page.

Please practice good thread creation ethics.

>poison in Irithyll
shit I wish I'd thought of that

How is the Greatsword of Judgement? Doing a int build for the first time around and was wondering. The stance giving a buff seems pretty cool. At 60 Int and minimum Str/Dex how does the buffed GSoJ compare to MLGS? Is the projectile heavy attack of the weapon art any good?

It's a nice weapon.
Kinda like a budget MLGS that deals a fair amount of PHYS damage as well as MAGIC damage.

Int scaling drops at 40, whereas mlgs continues beyond that.

Bloodborne dagger is the patrician choice, though.

>this isn't the game for it
Explain this then.

At 60 INT alone the GSoJ will be worse than the MLGS. At 60 INT with base physical stats for both the GSoJ will be 506 AR (242 physical, 263 magic) while the MLGS does 573, most of that pure magic. GSoJ is a Quality/INT weapon, the base physical damage is highest so DEX and STR scaling will give more effective damage to it. The ideal build for the GSoJ is 26/40/40 STR/DEX/INT.

post stylish webms pls

>Start playing arena for the first time
>Kill some fags with 2 hits from GS at 66 str
>Only got the first rank, already got invited to 4 meme groups from mad shitters
best decision ive made

Did any patches improve this thing? I don't see a point to using it over a straight sword.

Who gives a shit lmao?

based enb knows the ringed city is shit without having even played it

Cute!

By the way, I may be a little less active since I will buy Persona 5 soon and be occupied with that... I'm a bit tired of Dark Souls 3 PvP, tried Bloodborne PvP again and rediscovered how it wasn't my cup of tea, and I got excited for the next patch and saw that it doesn't help with the changes I wanted (a nerf for Black Knight Shield and Pontiff Knight Curved Sword, mainly). I have like 1300 hours on this game and I have already tried so many builds. I should still be able to come here though! This thread needs cute dragons.

nice

Is it worth the extra 5 points or w/e into faith to get blessed weapon for heavy infused pure physical weapons e.g. splitleaf and LKGS?

it works best at minimum investments

It got its WA stamina consumption lowered significantly so it's very smooth to use now.

I never got prostate from patches and I'm already at the twin princes. Do I really have to go to NG+ to unlock it?

Slutwear was needed in a game like Dark Soles

please sit on my face

Ugh, don't remind me that soles is over...
;_;

What we really need is an extra slot for pants and shoes.

Sword Master is more stylish than I could ever hope to be.

It has a better moveset than a straight sword. Dagger attacks are the only attacks that can't be reaction rolled, keeps your weight down so you can get that long roll mages love, the and the sword form has seemless transitions from long swipes to those sweet dagger punishment stabs.

Most importantly it has BONAFIDE TRANSFORM ATTACKS for rolling, running, and transforming mid-combo

How do all the Intelligence weapons fair? Looking at what there is to choose from there's:
>Aquamarine Dagger
>Cleric's Candlestick
>Greatsword of Judgement
>Moonlight Greatsword
>Crescent Moon Sword
>Crystal Sage Rapier
>Heysel Pick
>Immolation Tinder
>Friede's Great Scythe
>Darkmoon Longbow
>Preacher's Right Arm

Can someone give me a quick rundown on each of these, assuming I have minimum physical stats and 60 Intelligence?
I don't really know much about what are the best sorceries and weapons. I've been using Soul Greatsword, Farron Flashsword, and Great Heavy Soul Arrow up to this point. I didn't get Cleric's Candlestick because I thought at the time that the dark spell would be better (I tried it once and it was useless). What are some good infusion weapons for Int? I'm assuming Drakeblood Greatsword due to the inherit Magic damage. Anything else I should really know about, like what spells besides the biggest soul arrow/spear I can get my hands on?

Sorry for long post. I prefer asking questions than just search through guides and shit, feels more human to me.

>the AI did a ravioli backstab
IT'S LEARNING

This game impresses me every damn day.

The only people who would hate this combat are people who have reflexes of a dead cat and prefer slooowww and clunky moves.

Can't speak much to partake arm, it's supposedly quite good.

Heysel pick is amazing. True combos r1-r2 into old moonlight at 10 dex with sage+2, you can't ask for more.

Aquamarine dagger has BONAFIDE TRANSFORM ATTACKS THIS MAKES IT THE BEST WEAPON
Great sword of judgement is for hybrid builds, int scaling falls off. Good projectiles.
Moonlight greatsword is always fantastic.
Candlestick is for buffing casts and nothing more
Crescent is outclassed by dagger
Can't comment on the rest.

if i wanted to play a stylish action game i have many choices

dark souls is supposed to be slow, weighty and satisfying

>Aquamarine Dagger

Great moveset but meh damage on 60 INT alone, needs a 40/40 DEX/INT builds.

>Cleric's Candlestick

Awful, worst weapon catalyst in the game. Terrible damage, bad spell buff and a useless WA that is only usable by having the basic Straight Sword R1s.

>Greatsword of Judgement

Not great on 60 INT alone, needs a Quality/INT build to reach max potential.

>MLGS

Great, useful for both pure mages and poisestacked GS builds.

>Crescent Moon Sword

Shortest range curved sword, awful damage that is only 'optimal' at 40/40 Dex Int.

>Crystal Sage Rapier

Great if you can afford the Dex investment, the longest ranged thrusting sword with alright damage to boot.

>Heysel Pick

Amazing, fast hyperarmor start-up R1s, great spell buff, and the ability to combo R1s into Soul Greatsword/Old Moonlight with Sage Ring on. High recommended.

>Immolation Tinder

Also good but the Faith requirement is a downer. Longest range halberd with good spell buff, no spell combos but it's very good.

>Friede's Great Scythe

More a Dex weapon that also works great as a DEX/INT weapon. The physical damage scales mostly off Dex with the INT scaling only affecting the WA left-hand scythe damage which really helps the WAR1 damage combos but does nothing otherwise.

>Darkmoon Longbow

Single handedly the worst weapon you can use in the game with only the Soldering Iron possibly being worse. Everything about it is awful in every way and it's amazing this thing hasn't even gotten touched by the buff stick once.

>Preacher's Right Arm

Great, best thing to happen to Sorcerers in the DLCs for 3. As a casting tool it's a slightly worse Court Staff at 60 INT but the WA makes it very useful to use. It's basically a longer-range version of Farron Flashsword you don't have to attune that is very fast and does good damage. Highly recommended.

Actually l can, Friedel scythe is for dex builds, not int. The main attacks don't even get int scaling.

>Crescent Moon Sword
>Awful
Say that to my face, you wretch.
CMS is fun as fuck.

Dagger works with just 60 int base dex assuming you're a sub 70 invader, which all sorcerers should be.

Continued:

>What are some good infusion weapons for Int? I'm assuming Drakeblood Greatsword due to the inherit Magic damage. Anything else I should really know about, like what spells besides the biggest soul arrow/spear I can get my hands on?

If you want to use Drakeblood GS you want to leave it uninfused or with the physical infusion that gives the most damage and buff it with Crystal Magic Weapon. Good infusion weapons for INT are the basic Longsword/Lothric Knight Sword, Astora's Greatsword, Scimitar, Great Corvian Scythe, Carthus Curved Sword and Follower Sabre, Four-Pronged Plow and Claymore.

For spells that depends, if you're going PvE Great Heavy Soul Arrow is really all you need. For PvP Great Farron Dart, Farron Hail, Soul Greatsword, and especially Homing Soulmass should be added to your arsenal.

It's alright due to having the curved sword moveset and the WA speed being very fast now but the damage on its own is awful you have to admit.

>>Darkmoon Longbow
>Single handedly the worst weapon you can use in the game with only the Soldering Iron possibly being worse. Everything about it is awful in every way and it's amazing this thing hasn't even gotten touched by the buff stick once.
I cry everytimem, I get more damage from a long bow at 16 dex/40int than I do with darkmoon bow

>Vendrick's Blessing doesn't carry into NG+

Is this true?

Because what's the point otherwise,
I'm always rolling in humanity/embers late game and effigies seem to be going the same in my playthrough currently.

In all honesty, the damage isn't all that bad.
Due to how fast you can swing it, coupled with it's weapon art, you can get a fair amount of damage out in a short time. Just enough to get your opponent on edge, but not enough to make them start chugging.

Any time the tripfag is active, it is never too early to make the new thread.

>dark souls is supposed to be slow
says some guy
find me a quote from miyazaki saying this and i'll take you seriously

>spergflailer midir
not a hard boss if youre not greedy but too big of a healthpool

shouldnt have hit filianore baby's legs

Is it considered discourteous to use healing items when challenging a spirit through a red sign?
On one hand it's putting the Red on unequal footing.
On the other hand he wouldn't stop hugging the fucking npcs.

Stop trying to attack his ankles.

So I am basically your Bogeyman. LOL.

>stop trying to attack his ankles
what? why wouldnt i attack his head.

The literal definition of artificial difficulty.

Normally yes unless he starts healing first. Unless it's a miracle in which case it's iffy depending on who you are. If he was hugging NPCs in what was supposed to be a duel scenario though and wouldn't go and attack you he deserves that.

I've been using a heavy infused drakeblood great sword for my off hand and it works great. Work great for dealing with those annoying quick enemies.

Well, if you want to do an Intelligence build but put ZERO points into attunement on a class that starts with no attunement slots and you still want to be doing some ranged magic damage but you don't want to equip any rings that give you more slots so you can equip spells or spell boosting rings and you find that the projectile weapon arts just hit slightly too short then you have a reason to use the Darkmoon Longbow.

If you are attacking his head after every attack he does, the fight should be pretty quick.

>Hear that Miyazaki has apologized for the Bed Of Chaos multiple times
Now, is it a "I realize it was crap" apology, or a "DUMB ROUND-EYES CANNOT INTO PUZZURU. NEVER AGAIN."

Can I effectively use the Aquamarine dagger on a SL60 build?

>spergflailer midir
I think user's implication is that he moves around too much so the fight is dragged out, which is true.

>Performed the Road of Sacrifices ladder trick on a host and his fuck buddy.

then how have I managed to keep my cool and kill him in like 1-3 tries with my characters?
checkmate

>artificial difficulty
I genuinely don't know what that phrase even means anymore.

>british lower jaws
not even once

Lol just head his head you mong.

Idiots in these threads use it to mean, "something I am too stupid to figure out." What it really means is making something harder simply by increasing the numbers. For example, giving enemies more health and damage in NG+ is a form of artificial difficulty. Just keep in mind that artificial difficulty is not inherently bad.

So was there ever a consensus reached as to whether or not Lautrec was good or evil?

i just beat him, i actually got a run where he didn't jump away nonstop and flail about.
this

You can open a can of ravioli with one of 'em.

Yes. Just get 60 int and base dex. When people don't have softcaps in anything that damage is just dandy, you don't need the push from dex

>What it really means is making something harder simply by increasing the numbers
So Midir is artificially difficult then?

Only on New game +, other then that Midir is a fun and easy fight. Hit his head and learn the dodges and it's over soon. Honestly not that hard

Something like this? mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/211177 although I would want higher stamina.

>have an irl friend who's super into his YT shit
>threw shitfits at me when ENB said he's tired of DS3 and won't play TRC
>eventually he stopped tantruming about it and calmed down
>I told him ENB went to Dark Souls(true)
>he gets all excited and shit
>tell him he's gonna play Dark Souls....1 again
>hfw

Yes but replace fap, chloranthy, and get damage rings and replace scholor or chain with sage +2

>>Only on New game +

This, and like I said, that isn't inherently bad. He should have higher numbers on NG+ to match the higher damage you will do.

Based ENB! Oh boy let me tell ya man!

Post cool environments

These Judicator Giants are so damn cool in their design and moveset. What's everyone's opinions on the ringed city?

Judicator Giants can go suck a dick.

When is he going to suicide?

>Decide to fight every boss by myself without shields, ugs only
>Midir rollcatching me like a motherfucker
just die more 10 times and g-git gud right guys?
They are pretty great, but why are they respawning now? I remember going through TRC and permanently getting rid of the fuckers

Rolled pyro for my first Dark Souls playthrough yesterday and I just got to Gaping Dragon but I'm still using my starting gear.

gimme some upgrades I should have now or soon

>15 vit
>with all the items I need i get 70.1%
>taking off a ring gets me under 70% but the ring is essential
I can't handle having 16vit, the number is too atrocious

What's the quickest way to change my summon/invade lobby? Full game restarts seem to work but that's such a pain in the ass.

How does Str/Fai hold in DaS2? Any good?

Jesus christ
There really is no hope for int builds, is there

Honestly the only concern for you as a pyro is to keep upgrading your pyro flame. You could go and upgrade any weapon that does physical damage to as high as you can.the next boss is immune to fire so you want to have some physical weapon.

Also invest in attunement slots.

>give Looking Glass Knight a shot while still hollow just to get an idea of his moveset
>Invader works in perfect tandem alongside LGS to prevent any meaningful trade in melee
>die

>unhollow
>use nearby summons to give me a fighting chance if another player shows up
>NPC pops out of shield, acts like a sluggish retard and dies immediately
>boss offers only token resistance to gangbang
Damn, now it feels like I wasted the encounter by cheapening it.

Doing a hollowslayer GS playthrough for my last run. Should I start knight or warrior?

You should have at least 4 or 5 different weapons upgraded to +5.

You should have a couple different armor sets with varying upgrades, swapped between them.

You should have a +5 pyromancy flame and some varying fire balls and combustion spells.

Probably knight because the dex requirement is higher than the str. And it's a quality weapon.

The NPC it usually summons, usually a guy with Pate's Shield and I think a Lucerne, is a certifiable idiot. I had Benhart distract LGK while I dealt with the NPC, took maybe ten seconds.
But Benhart is a very hardy summon, and Boyd is incredibly powerful. Against Freja, he's a monster.

>Str
Really good in DS2. Ultras are the best in this game compared to the other games, strike damage is godly.

>Fth
Best support spells in the game, but awful ranged casting. You won't be chucking lightning spears except against a few bosses. However, lightning infusion is the best PvE infusion and you have access to multiple good lightning boss weapons (defender GS, thorned GS, dragonslayer spear, bow of want). Recommend you supplement your casting with pyromancy, since enemies that resist fire are usually weak to lightning, so use fireballs for ranged cast and swap to lightning spears when you face a fire-resistant enemy.

Also, healing spells don't scale, so even at low faith you get massive healing capabilities.

I wanted to do a run clearing out everything I might have missed, essentially collecting all spells, hexes, miracles, and pyromancies, just to get the platinum. I already messed up a few things on this NG cycle, such as my dumb ass setting Navlaan free before I finished the assassination quests, but I have NG+ to do it. And the Chancellor sells all the covenant rewards in ++, so I'm in for the long haul.
After all that shit has settled, I need to run through for the sake of having fun. This seems like just the thing.

alright bud

I've played SotFS for hundreds of hours and this is the first time I ever notice this part of the gutter... huh.
I always wondered where the sauron set was.

Has anything changed since 1.13 patch?

No, the game is still shit

If you really want to go exploring, light all the sconces

really you're only hurting yourself by not item collecting before jumping down to the next area/boss. Blacksmith sells infinite upgrade materials for a reason.

What is a fun weapon with a good moveset for low sm pvp in ds2

I do try to light up everything, but I just didn't notice you could drop down near the dog area.

anybody get Invalid Data?