/dg/ - Destiny General

Poledancers unite to please edition

>>>NEWSRESET INFOLINKS

Closest you will get to cross play with sony being involved though, sadly.

delete this

do we have an official /dg/ clan?

The IGN podcast just confirmed that there will be NO RUMBLE GAME MODE IN DESTINY 2
Discuss

OK

i hardly played rumble, but it always sucks losing a gamemode

og density, but as far as getting groups, there are splinter groups that need bodies for shit from time time, Rakiri group, Eraser group, Drin group

As a PvE carebear, I give approximately zero shits.

Yes but we're too big for it to ever work out the way we want it to.

inb4 they add it in an expansion

That's really annoying. Rumble was the only playlist where I felt comfortable with losing. And the playlist where I felt like I was improving at the game.

Rumble Pit has always been my favorite gametype, FUCK you Bungie.

pretty sure they just said it won't be in at launch.

Who cares, the money's in the PvE anyway

post deej

Not surprising, they seem to want to make the whole 4v4 thing the only way to play so shit is easier to balance

Team focus will be the important factor on winning, which means we will fall into the Moba hellhole that is team-dependant gameplay, and matches won't have to do with your skill, but whether or not your teammates are good or complete garbage.

In short, anger and frustration await you in the near future, specially in competitive mode

friendly reminder

its also easier to carry in a 4v4 than in a 6v6

I find it easy to carry in 6v6 because it's a more target rich environment and even if your teammates suck you have quite a few to act as distractions while you finish the enemy off

In 3v3, if you have two braindead morons for teammates, and the enemy team is working together, there's very little you can do by yourself to flush them out

Is that Thomas?

What did I mean by this?

I like this source?

>same fagging
truly pathetic

>autism always tickling me that I never maxed grimoire cards
>don't really feel like playing 100+ matches of salvage and doubles or farming patrol vip kills
>find out Bungie is ditching grimoire cards all together in Destiny 2

Literally thanks for nothing Bungie.

keep us posted

What happened to the rumors of the PC version being bundled with the original D1?

You pondered into the frailty of human life.

Nothing at all ever was said about d1 being on pc.
Don't expect it, and don't be surprised if it never happens.

they were rumors

Unsubstantiated claims, not going to happen.

During the interviews they said that D2 was made in a way that new players can jump into it without knowing much of the story so far. Kind of sad because it implies they have absolutely zero plans to port D1 over.

Hell in the story mission that we are able to view, the other characters don't seem to be affording the player as much respect as he really would command given the full range of accomplishments from the first game.

>they didn't respect my accomplishments

you played a video game, get over it nerd.

>saved the world
>blew up a few gods
>probably the highest light level in the entire Tower
"Hey, isn't this the Guardian you just can't shut up about?"

The City is being destroyed, people are being killed, the Cabal are coming for you, and all you care to think about is yourself?

of course, should i care for the wellbeing of hypothetical others?

>page 10 already
ded thread
ded general
ded orbit
ded game
ded life

Hello my friends just wondering is the game fun/playable solo? It looks interesting and fun but no one I know has it and I don't want to buy PS+.
Also bump because this thread is p10

preorder destiny 2 on amazon, get the beta code, hop into the beta and shitpost here with us and maybe join a group or something. nothing gained if nothing venture, my friend. if you dont like it, then cancel the preorder, you only lost a month's cost of ps+, if you do like it, then you decide

Do purple engrams drop from non-group content?

yes

Pretty much every enemy has a chance to drop legendary engrams. All ultra-tier enemies can also drop exotic engrams if a three of coins is active

Thanks, I'm new

No problem friend. If you need help on anything, drop a name and console

I never played D1, but looking at youtube videos and a few streams made me interested in getting D2. The thing is, I still don't know how expansion packs work in destiny. Will I need to buy every expansion to continue playing D2? Is the expansion pass worth it, or should I just buy each expansion once it gets released separately?

No you can get D2 on its own, you may just fall behind on the content people want to run as you won't have it.

So I just won't have access to new missions, right? What about PVP maps and guns?

pvp will always be available in some form for you, in destiny 1, new maps were locked to the current expansion but eventually they migrated to the legacy playlists so base players did eventually have them as well.
new guns im not sure about

Can't wait for rift in destiny 2 where instead of 5 people not protecting the runner, we get to have 3

I see.
How much did each expansion cost? Is it worth getting the expansion pass instead of buying them as they come out?

the expansions were 20$ each originally, 30$ for the pass, but that was later replaced with a single yearly large update the cost 40$.
cant say what theyll be doing for destiny 2 but we are starting back off with the expansions but we dont know how much content will be in them this time; we might get two smaller content updates or they might be big enough to each be a destiny 1 "large content update"
it is also possible that theyre small expansions with another large update next year followed by two more smaller update passes. essentially, we dont know what their plan for payed content will be moving forward.

tldr: small expansions were historically 20$, if you like they game then get them otherwise you risk falling behind depending on the content. season passes are always cheaper than buying individually

Alright. Thanks for clearing all that up for me anons.

Titan Skating being removed hopefully turns many people away from the titan class.

I want less tards playing my favorites.

I like playing titan, but have never quite gotten used to titan skating.
I just like dunking on nerds.

>Watch the Destiny panel with Big Show
>Guy is actually really cool and into the game

The story how he was a new hunter and got aided by randoms on patrol was endearing.

>Bubble confirmed to return
>Shield is a roaming/ranged super
>Still have Supression Grenades

Damn are Sentinels to go-to class this time around?

>removing skating will stop people
they look too cool now

>Titans growing larger

We must stop them.

Nigga, I'm pretty sure the people who play Titan just for the skating are 100% tryhards that do nothing but win pvp matches. Not tards. Most people that pick Titans are the normal people that just wants to punch shit. If anything more tards will play Titans cause it's more like "normal" jumps. Titan skating unironically seperated the tards from players.

>having shoulders so large you cant fit through the average doorway
yeah nah. but that helmet and chestpiece are sexy

For titans walls are just doorways in the making.

>Not leaving a Titan shaped hole everywhere you go
It's almost like you don't know what being a Titan is all about.

>giving away your location to the enemy
boy i hope you dont join the military

This ain't the military this is Destiny.
And we're Titans our location is everywhere.

>seriously thinking that Titans give a single fuck about being found out
You must be a Hunter. Titans exist to punch. Not sneak around with tacticool knives and gay shit. No, Titans always go face to face with the enemy. They're meant to take all enemy focus. That's why they have a Smash that surrounds them. A fucking Bubble. They hold down the fort. That's literally what Titans are known for.

>military
Get a load of this guy.

>this aint the military
the number of drill sergeants you would trigger with these words, good lord. and before you equate no military + no drill sergeants, they drill into you that everything is the military, essentially a lifestyle
>dissing the military

For example, the wall they built being a doorway for everything outside it because it's so easy to break.

fuck off you moto boot motherfucker

I mean, to be fair they came from the air mostly, no?

>the number of drill sergeants you would trigger with these words

A drill sergeant that gets triggered has no place in the military.

I'm not dissing the military, I'm only kind a dissing you. Unless you ARE the military. In which case I guess I am dissing you.

So minecraft is getting more platforms available for multiplatform cross play. Which will be pretty much every platform that has mincraft save for sony platforms.
Which isn't whats important.
Whats important is sonys reason to not be included.
Which is "we want to protect the kids. Because most of the people with ps plus are kids.".
Lol, fuck off sony.
I want to play destiny with the rest of the playerbase without having to switch which console I'm using.

>he can't into Titan

>caring about cross-platform play

trigger as in getting your ass chewed out not enraged

>not wanting 1.5-3 times the playerbase for games you like
I mostly want to be able to play destiny with my siblings without having to buy a second xbone/ps4.
And my older brother wants to play destiny 1, but doesn't want to buy a console.
Instead we're just going to play d2 on pc. Good thing the story from d1 won't really matter in d2 beyond some extra [[[deep lore]]].

PvP can have queues which are platform restricted and queues that are platform free. If PS players want to match up with Xbone players, by all means. If they want to enable matchmaking with PC players, let them knock themselves out, especially if they're actually playing with a keyboard and mouse adapter.

The superiority of KBM does not matter in PvE.

Pc plays a different version of Destiny than the consoles. I don't think crossplay would work.

>Destiny 2 is gonna have "campaign exotics"

>No rumble

Not that I was playing it a lot
Still sucks though

>they still call it Drins group
>not the van full of retards

Thats's shame really
Even butchered Destiny built some classy sci-fi universe, it would be a shame if they flushed it all in favour of some capeshit story

Don't do it. It's a trick. They'll make you a meme and turn you into a girl.

but i'm already a girl though?

Raikiri... ha. He's no leader, he's no badass. Hell, he's certainly no shinobuu. Plus he always has that overly pessimistic fuck with him.

sorry, but literally who?

Anime was a mistake.

they also have that guy with the cringy ass voice. god i hate that guy.

You'd just have to be there to get it.

...and that has anything to do with me being a woman...how?

Irrelevant. Leave this place child. Run away and never look back. This is the home of debauchery and sin.

but bideo games tho. also a friend from here told me i should come here for help. he says you guys are fags but cool fags like freddie mercury and that dude from the beatles.

>the blade of the irons is mounted directly inside the rear sight

Son of a bitch. That... that is memery of the highest choir. Good for you menstruationfag.

nigger

On occasion, yes, but never when I'm playing Destiny.

Never played destiny before since I dont use consoles

Is it fun?

If Destiny wasn't fun it would have died two years ago.

If you don't care, yeah. Everyone and their mother complain about PvP but when you don't give a shit, it's really fucking fun.