/twg/ - Total War General

Roman cosplay edition

New Race Pack for TWWH1, New DLC for Rome 2 and other stuff:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - FREE FOR ALL, Magic, Campaign, Fortress Gate Battles:
youtube.com/watch?v=3sgjUxVPtY4

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - Dragons, New Units, Geomantic Web, DLC Plans:
youtube.com/watch?v=t48El9jBvr0

Articles on Warhammer 2:
polygon.com/2017/6/2/15724926/total-war-warhammer-2-e3-preview-hands-on
venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/segas-creative-asssembly-unveils-a-massive-new-world-for-total-war-warhammer-ii/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-02-everything-weve-learnt-about-total-war-warhammer-2

Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=g3CmxjTFv_Y

Lizardmen and High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=HVyRy3OUtKg
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=BKMR08CpxCU
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

>Warhammer II
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Vision Dev Diary:
youtube.com/watch?v=v6WW1Nc537g

>DEAD Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Campaign-posting and screenshot-sharing encouraged

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sQkUBoGptGI&t=0s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hello

You did it, user!

Reminder that this is a history and anime general

thanks for believing in me~

Where's the campaign map CA?

I'm confused. Is this still happening?

Reminder that this is a Fantasy General

We should probably add this vid to the OP
youtube.com/watch?v=sQkUBoGptGI&t=0s

I hope that in all this hype for Mazdamundi we still get regular Slann Mage priests that are just as strong.

People seem to forget that in tabletop Warhammer you could spend a ridiculous amount of points on upgrades for a base lord & make him just as strong as the named characters, if not stronger.

The battle of Zarakzil
After months of long campaigning, dozens of schemes and tricks, one failed waagh and several ingenious victories. Skarsnik has pushed Belegar Ironhammer and the last of his army to their final settlement of Zarakzil. Having previously been defeated in the underway roads beneath Karak Izor, Belegar grudge against Skarsnik has intensified greatly. But unfortunately for the dwarf lord skarsniks victory has summoned a Waaagh and their force outnumber the dwarfs by an amount too large for dwarven victory.

Nonetheless the king without a kingdom is resolute that even if he does not retake karak eight peaks. Skarsnik will die.

Pictured here is Skarsnik and his pet Gobbla, a local grey mountains night goblin known as ruglash who has brought a waaagh for skarsnik, and upon his spider mount is skarsniks personal assassin Sly da miser. Behind them is skarsniks army combined with the waaagh.

Will Dismounted Mazdamundi be a good duelist?

Anyone have a good torrent for Rome 2?

>Dark Elf slave resource confirmed, I think accidentally

This and capitals being (retroactively) upgraded to 8 slots are in a tiny little online PCGamer article.

fuck no

>health: 6406
>armor: 30
>speed: 34
>melee attack: 20
>melee defense: 26
>weapon strength: 300
>charge bonus: 12

>dark elves vs high elves
>no naval combat

Even in a fight as one sided as this Skarsnik is not willing to fight fairly. As the arachnorak spider crashes into the dwarven line a large group of particularly sneaky and cunnin skulkers and night goblins move hidden to open up an assault on the dwarven flank. Skarsnik does issue a command throughout his army. Belegar is his to kill.

>he always tries to kill your king
>no chance of him just being a regular stonemason
>no chance of your killing him causing a faction-wide decrease in industrial income

It did and you missed absolutely nothing

Nope, it was canceled.

The two rivals see eachother across the battlefield. While the other parts of the armies began to engage eachother. Belegar and Skarsnik sprint towards eachother, and then both leap forwards.

was it?

>implying skarsnik stands a chance against belegar in a 1v1

>implying belegay nohammer is prepared for skarsnik's sneaky stabbin

he's arguably one of the best melee fighters in the game, besides kholek and grimgor

Although the goblins do well during the fight with their superior numbers and flanking maneuvers. Beleagr, full of rage and eager for revenge lands blow after blow upon Skarsnik and his pet. And in typical goblin fashion Skarsnik abandons any pretense of a fair fight and flees. Luckily, from their high perch upon the arachnorak spider some goblins are able to see Skarsniks misfortune and provide some help. (of course the warlord will never admit that he needed this help and claims that he had already killed belegar when the arachnorak showed up)

>this fucking slow death leak of information
God fucking damn now its just getting fucking annoying.

its also a fantasy and anime general

And with that the battle is done. The dwarfs that do not die there, flee and die later. Hunted down by wolf riders or captured and eaten during the celebratory feast.
Privately, skarsnik gives some riches to the arachnorak drivers, and a few days later (after sifting through the arachnorak waste) finds Belegars body and takes his head as a trophy.
Do not lewd the goblin of schemes and mushrooms

FOOKIN L E G E N D

so the youtubers are gonna release their game play footage next week right?

However, as Skarsnik celebrates he receives ill news, the wood elves of wydrioth have declared war against him, his presence so close to their homelands is threatening. This does not sit well with the goblin who had hoped to get on the road back to karak eight peaks as soon as possible. But nonetheless he decrees that he will "giv dem pansy treelovas a few broken twigs to cry about".

CA please respond to my meme

Damn. Glad we have mods at least, Radious'll fix it.

No.

What are the chances of CA ever allowing battle hosts in online to impose their own rules? for example, for better battles there was cwb rules, but you had to have faith on everyone in the battle not choosing arty and not surpassing the unit limits in cwb rules (max 6 missile units of wich there can be max 2 horse archers)

im not saying CA should enforce unit limits in online, but they should at least give AN OPTION for the host to do it.

This is why I love having at least one light cav unit per army in Attila

Unfortunately, an overeager goblin shaman marches his army into Athel Loren, underestimating the elves he suffers a defeat. But the elves lose much as well, too much, their army is too small to take on the large garrisonin Karak Norn. Skarsnik annoyed by one of the arachnorak spider drivers who demand more compensation for saving him from Belegar. Sends the annoying git to ask for a peace treaty, expecting the elves to kill him. But not yet aware of the effects the battle had on the elves, the elves agree to peace. Pleasantly surprised at the peace and disappointed at the gits survival. Skarsnik directs his waaagh to the border princes, hoping to sack a few towns to fund his next campaign against the stunties.

how historically unnacurate are fire arrows?
its impossible for 80 men to be able to put arrows on fire that fast right? where do they even get the logistics to get fire for every men on the move in the battlefield?

>WRE Separatist Large Onager manned by Hunnic crewmen

They must have captured the onagers after defeating a hun army

what are some mods for mino" historical accuracy fixes to the vanilla game in Attila, without huge gameplay changes?
for example towers in cities not being gatling guns.

Flint, tar, and rags, not sure if an arrow can hold it's flame while in flight though.

each archer had a lighter, duh.

now name him karl tanner

While the WRE Separatists initially had good relations with the Vandals due to their shared hatred of the WRE, the WRE Separatist's conflict with the ERE would eventually lead to their subjugation, which meant they had to join their overlord's war against the Vandals. To retaliate, two vandal armies sailed from Spain to strike at the Separatist lands in southern Gaul - one army sailed across the mediterranean to attack the Sep holdings from the south, while another sailed around the northern end of hispania to attack from the west. The latter army landed just south of the Saxon city of Burdigala, which was besieged by multiple Separatist armies. Noticing the Vandal army landing to their rear, the Separatists sent several armies to attack the Vandal forces, but were defeated.

The Roman spears couldn't break the Vandal shield wall, and the Roman cavalry was outnumbered and outclassed by the Alani & Suebi cavalry contingent of the vandals. The Roman skirmishers took many losses from the Alani warhounds, and the clever maneuvering of the light Vandal raider cavalry ensured the the Roman artillery had minimal impact in the battle ( )

Do beastmen breyherds ever get any units other then the base spearmen?

Whilst raiding tilea a humie army tries to move into the mountains and burn down the holds skarsnik recently stole from Belegar. Foolishly the humies try and outrun skarsniks army but skarsnik's superior goblin mind (and tilean ignorance of the land) allows his army to catches the tileans before they reach the goblin hold.

This battle will be different then the others he has fought. As he must contend with a new and possibly terrifying enemy. Horses. A good thing that Skarsnik's cavalry is much larger and lead by his Assassin/bodyguard/manservant/cavalry commander/ tribute extorter, Sly da miser. Who commands the cavalry a safe distance away in the back of course.

Weren't they pretty good with footage and I for WH1? Or was that closer to release? Feels like there is a lot less info this time.

Brayherd/Waaagh units are based on the composition of the base army, so as you get more elite units so will the brayherd. Your army is probably spear spam right now as well if that is the comp the brayherd has

The tileans cavalry, exhausted from their long march are swiftly caught up and eaten by the squigs and wolves the goblins ride. With no cav support the Tilean infantry do not last long against the night goblins and skulkers, especially when Sly does what he does best to their general.

No it was at the end of the eye for an eye campaign and it was still just spear. I had 4 Minotaur groups and other late game stuff. Must be one of my mods?

Nicely done

Maybe. Could also just be an eye for an eye thing

playing elves for the first time in total warhammer

what am I supposed to do in the early game?

I was at war with carcassonne but there's no way you can take their castle in the first turns so I went after their smaller settlements. Thing is, I was attacked by khazrak and some other beastfag as soon as I left the forest (turn 4) and they destroyed my main settlement. I didn't lose because I still had the oak but it was pretty much game over, orion's army was like 3 turns away from that settlement.

I had a smaller army (a treeman and 3 spearmen units) in my settlement so I could defend the city but they got fucking ambushed for some reason.

But even after the battle the tileans troubles do not cease. With great speed Sly catches up to them and assassinates a captain which was attacking local goblins and framing skarsnik for it, an act meant to cause a rebellion against him. Meanwhile, in Karak Norn a group of goblins have come together to create a small workshop so that better tools may be invented for skarsniks army.

Never leave the forest
Take it easy

it proves fortunate for skarsnik that the Tileans moved so far into the mountains. As both a rebellion and a dwarven army from Karak Hirn have popped up. However not only hostile armies have arrived, the army that lost against the elves have replenished and come south, aiding skarsnik in destroying the rebellion and providing extra protection against the stunties. All the while Skarsnik's waaagh burns and raids Tilea.

Some folks make a dash to norsca to get some amber and dosh but I usually try to raid the brets for a few levels and then march Mel Gibson to kill every orc and dwarf in the mountains, in my experience having bretonnia being an ally and a meatshield from beastmen usually works best.
Or some user with far better skills than I will give you better advice.

always. in every total war. especially in empire.

Extra help then comes from the black venom tribe. The tribe, also at war with Karak Hirn but with a much weaker army, agree to join to Skarsnik's new gobbo empire in exchange for protection.

If you are playing tree hitler go remove that little cunt skarsnik in the north, and if you are lucky you can also steal some of reikland from franz by fighting the secessionists

If you are playing the beastman, idk since I haven't played a campaign as him

How many times do I need to send Arachaon to Davy Jones locker before he stops coming? Do the hordes ever stop?

that's right. Stand there and take it you stupid AI.

Any mods to make Skarsnik look cuter?

the work is not done however, as Burdigala is still under siege - The Vandal force attacks the Roman army, and although the Saxons sally out as well, they suspiciously arrive immediately after the battle is over

Disaster. Pure disaster for Skarsnik. As his waaagh moved to assault the tilean capital it was destroyed by a larger tilean force. Not only that but the former black venom army was sent into the black mountians to take an undefended stuntie settlement only to be beset by infighting and not have enough men to conquer the city. All the while karak Hirn's army moved into the border princes and are poised to take the now undefended Karak Anghazar. It appears that in the end, the black venom bowing to Skarsnik for help did nothing to aid them.

Additionally, Skarsnik's shamans have been acting odd lately. Having strange visions, even when not eating da mushrooms, and warning that "doom 'n' destruction for all tings is coming from da norf"

Ignore them, they probably are just saying that for attention.

What's he going to do, sit on someone?

To the east, Baduila, the King's brother, fights off a Roman force sent to break his siege of Aquae Sexitae

Donut bully Crypt Lifters
They just want to get bigg

> Mootland General (lord)
> Master Chef (hero)
> Housewife Lady (hero)
> Halfling Militia (spear infantry)
> Halfling Scouts (ranged infantry)
> Halfling Poachers (elite ranged infantry)
> Halfling Cooks (seasoned infantry)
> Halfling Pantry Guard (elite infantry)
> Halfling Housewives (frenzy infantry)
> Ogre Maneaters (monstrous infantry)
> Treeman (monster + halfling riders)
> Poultry (swarm)
> Swan Riders (air cav)
> Goat Riders (skirmish cav)
> War Sheep Riders (light cav)
> Battle Ram Riders (heavy cav)
> Sheepdogs (leadership buffs for cav)
> Shearer (light chariot)
> Reaper (heavy chariot)
> Chuck Wagon (buff chariot)
> Hot Pot (artillery)

Absolutely horrifying.

>Halfling Cooks (seasoned infantry)
That got me good.

I'll get my wallet.

NORSCA SPECULATION OF LORDS N' UNITS, LETS HEAR EM

LONG LIVE THROGG.

>> Poultry (swarm)
Is there anything more homosexual than short men riding cocks.

>diplomacy bonuses to the empire,
>diplomacy maluses to Averland, Stirland, and VC,
>all buildings reduce corruption
>can deploy cooks in foreign territory for a diplomatic bonus to the targeted faction
>basic infantry is goblin pre-skarsnik tier in stats
>elite inf is equal to empire infantry with sword and shields

Elves.

Roosters can be pretty terrifying.

How can you deny the very straight love of a dark elf man and his mommy.

Why does he need a cod piece. His dick is probably burned off.

I guess they would have to mostly be diplomatic, not a strong army but people are always willing to defend them.

And come Ogre Kingdoms, when you bully the Moot people, a terrifying mountain empire of big gutted all consuming mad men declare war on you.

Every man needs a codpiece user.

Thatsva whole different kettle of fish right there.

And Louen.
And Franz.
And Khazrak.
And Vlad.
And Archaon.
And Glombrindal.
And Orion.

EGIL STYRBJORN. HIGH JARL OF THE SKAELINGS. SLAYER OF SOULS. BUTCHER OF IMMORTALS. WHY? HE IS ONE OF THE STRONGEST MORTALS TO WALK THE WORLD, READY TO SLAY IN THE NAME OF KHORNE, BUT IS NOT WITHOUT HONOR AND REPRESENTS THE OFT-FORGOTTEN MARTIAL HONOR ASPECT OF THE BLOOD GOD. HE ALSO HAS HIS OWN ITEMS ALREADY SO THAT'S NEAT.

i attended the E3 demo today, ask me anything. Saw campaign map and played battle

Thoughts?

Is the campaign map nice? Is it warhammer 1 dwarf/greenskin land quality? Or warhammer 1 human land quality?

Did you spot any of the rogue armies or Old World races on the map?

>spend ten turns being lovey dovey with Wissenland and sending Eben gifts
>suddenly his wife calls me
>says it's nothing personal but she doesn't like me and I need to fuck off
>Wissenland has broken its alliance with you
>Wissenland has ended its non aggression pact with you

They would still have a difficult start considering that both vamps and stirland would probably prioritize them for death.

Is their any reason why Averland hates the Moot? I remember that Stirland claims it as their own, but what's Averland's gripe about halflings?

fool. The wife wanted Franz's BIG IMPERIAL DICK. By failing to provide her that she broke off the agreement.

Thoughts are that the map looks great and is filled with juicy lore goodies. Battle was hard as hell and I got my ass kicked by HELFS

Better honestly. Ulthuan was fuckin amazing and lookedreally nice with the phoenix gates and blue gold towers of their cities. When it coasted over the sea into lustria you can see the vampire coast and skeggi. There was a crazy weird ship that looked like bone and I couldn't quite identify it. Armies can choose to plunder lost tombs and cities or colonize them I guess.

I saw a rogue army led by a dark treeman. Didn't see any more than that though and it didn't show the units. I also saw an empire army and i looked slightly different from the regular general, could be estalian. Also saw a vamp army but they were attached to the city.

>High Elves will have access to less lores than the Empire

Makes me pessimistic about Wood Elves getting the Lore of High Magic at any point as wel

Sounds good. I'm guessing if skeggi and vamp coast are there Santa Magritta the estalian colony must be as well.

Also no surprise the battle is hard. After fighting a big army you dont have much to stop chariots as lizardmen and you have 3 mages on chariots to deal with.

whats a good time to settle when you're an horde? tis my first horde campaign.
its kinda dissapointing how predictable the AI reaction to cavalry usually is
thats why id like to play online more

I think the moot could talk its way out of a fangbang.

G O B L I N S

Don't forget Kathleen!

Dark treemen? Tellmemore