/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Premature localization edition #mhxtothewest

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Extended footage: mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31388446

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/kHh6uSQu
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

delete these generals desu
there is no actual game discussion, and nobody's actually playing anything. It's 100% shitposting.

I'm not really into MH clones because I just don't like playing clones in general since they make me want to play the original, but Disgaea 5 on switch was fun so I might buy those too, is P3P worth it or should I just get P3FES on PS4?

pastebin.com/kHh6uSQu

Can I come to MHWorld?

Reply if XX not getting localized made you upset
I cried

P3P is most definitely worth it.
It's a wonderful game.
Although P3FES has some more story content not in P3P I own both and played the shit out of both.
PSN also has the PSP monhun games if you have an itch for those.

no fuck off your design is good but your fight is shit

Why not just import?

Ever notice how his theme has MGS music?

I already have FU on PSN so that should be fine, I just kinda wanted to buy it to keep me busy until the end of the year when the Switch library fill outs more
>XX not coming over
>friends recently said he's not interested at all in World
>no more MH buds

>Chameleos in permastealth
>Have to track him down by using your scoutflies
>All while using the new stealth mechanic to avoid being caught while he stalks you
How likely is this?

It really did upset me, I want to play this game in my worthless gaijin language and I want to buy a Nintendo switch

Yeah it would have sold the switch to me way harder too.
I also wanted the new mario.

>Chameleos can swallow scoutflies

>people want more of this

Perhaps, but MH4 also has Kirin and Dah'ren Mohran in low
rank caravan.

Gen has Kirin, Shagaru, Kushala, Teostra, Chameleos, and technically Narkakos in low rank, though some are gated behind HR3 than village.

>"at this time"

Who knows if it'll still actually happen though.

I'm in for Xeno, NMH, Mario, and SMT but XX would sweeten the deal a bit despite me rather having a new MHP game.
Biggest downside to MHXX Switch is the cross play forces the game to run 30fps.

Import? You have Kiranico, Ping's Dex and Wiki to help you and Switch is region free.

yeah I really do and I'm not going to apologize for it because I love her.

I was hyped for World until the realization of us not getting portable monster hunter games localized anymore hit me. Now I'm not sure if I want to play World anymore.

all these hunt-a-thon hyper monster quests make me want to cry

I need Yian Garuga parts but I don't have the quest unlocked. Kiranico says the prerequisite is Remobra Remedy, but I did that already.

What do? MH4U btw

Hugs!

Rathalos wants to give hugs now

#
If anything I fantasize about some brutal guro shit where a pack of blangos are tearing at a huntress and the blangonga violently mounts her to the point of spinal damage and massive hemmoraging, leaving her broken cum bloated semi concious body in the snow for the blangos to playfully tear apart as she rapidly bleeds to death in a state of siezure

Considering there's supposedly an assist character and full voice acting I can just see it now.
>Hunter can you hear me?
>You're stalking a Chameleos this time
>Using a unique cloaking ability the Chameleos can maintain a low visibility state bordering on near perfect invisibility
>Your scoutflies can only take you so far on this one Hunter
>It has near perfect 360 vision so keep to the ground on this one. Use the brush to stay out of sight until you find it.
>Hunter, beware its tongue. It can fire it at a speed that can cut a man in half.
>Good hunting out there.

I'm already playing XX, but I was looking forward to playing with /mhg/.
The Switch release would have brought in a surge of new players, both nip and importers, and the localization would have kept it going.
No english release also means my friends who refuse to cfw their 3ds won't be playing anytime soon.

Now everything is a mess.

you can play gen with me in the meantime :3

>me praying every night that I will wake up to an XX announcement

>huge surge of new players
>when X only sold like 300 thousand copies
>now on a system barely anyone owns

XX fags are delusional

No way fag

But I want to play XX

>being baited this fucking hard

Then play XX...?

Hack 3ds, download game from freeshop, install english patch

I am 2% hopeful, 98% apathetic. I need to see a 5min game play highlight for every weapon. Better have Brachydios on release too. Fuck the world I want my Dios Demolisher.

Also rate my palico

The word huge isn't in that post and you're delusional if you don't think you'll see more english players playing because it's an actual console and no region locking.
Try again.

Thread, pls don't bury my question

I don't have any friends who are into monhun and I don't want to play alone

>The fucking MOMENT Nintendo gets a home/handheld console hybrid, this shit happens
This whole debacle has ruined my enjoyment of this E3

Play with the literal 1.5 million japanese people over the internet then, or /mhg/, or the 20k nonjaps who pirated it

nobody posting plays monster hunter, it's all just console wars.
Also google it, kiranico isn't telling the whole story

This is my first time being disappointed at E3 and over my favorite game too? What a mess but at least I have some games to look forward to until XX is localized

The way the PR is handling everything isn't great either.
Just a huge shitshow in general.

Welcome to the reality where we got stuck with 3DS MonHuns instead of Vita MonHuns. You should have seen this coming when they decided to port XX to Switch. It was the death song that Sony hear with Portable 3rd HD.

...Isn't the Switch region free?

Fluffy
r8 mine

yes, but learning to read moon is a pain. Their retarded script is ten times harder than their actual language

It is. That's why people were looking forward to just downloading XX on their switch.

That's a damn fine palico. I bet it gets you out of all sorts of scrapes

>huge shitshow in general
No, not really. It's more like a select group getting pissed off and refusing to wait and see while passing off kneejerk reactions and fake leaks as gospel.

Charge shield, hit monster a bit, then press R + A to charge phials. Press A again directly after to change into axe mode and do a quick precise strike with a phial. All nice and fluid movement from start to finish.
vs.
Charge shield, hit monster a bit, then press R + A to charge phials. Mash X + A to do a retarded combo of moves that shifts you all over the place before having to hold back + X and hoping your slow imprecise attack isn't the one that blows your whole load. All the movements are clunky and make no sense.

Which is better, /mhg/?

Im not joking at all I have fapped to paused cart animation huntresses so many times thinking about how brutally some of these highly territorial, alpha monsters would ruin that sweaty huntress to assert dominance, violently and or sexually.

Oddly enough most /d/ shit doesnt interest me but I cannot deny the boner on this one. Even the small handfulls of good doujins for this are too tame for me.

Do you really think I want to pick up the Japanese I need to understand the menus or go buy a Switch when I have a perfectly working 3DS that I've bought 4U and Generations on already? How about Capcom eats shit and dies.

I don't play with memeblades

The first one. I could never get holding back to work. There is no room for maybe when pulling my combos.

Yes and so is the 3DS. The 3DS also comes with free online play, a bottom screen and you can play moon games in English if you want. Clearly the 3DS is the best choice for playing XX.

Climb onto the monster and unleash AED on it

Wow, you can actually talk about Monster Hunter now.

What are the chances that someone will be able to use the 3ds to switch save data transfer to create and english patch for XX?

It's monhun dude. Just learn like 10 essential Kanji for elements and play the game. The numbers are all that matters.

You should know katakana and hiragana by now anyway.

bedtime for the kiddies

Considering that Switch currently has no homebrew, 0%

Hide in the bushes, unleash AED upper cut

How kanji heavy is monster hunter? If I don't have to learn much of that crap, I can deal with it. Kanji are stupid.

kids are all tuckered out doing summer things

Post huntresses being destroyed by monsters

No. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops when a company is both fully capable of localizing something and would make a profit off of it. It's painfully obvious that they're trying to drive all the hype to World in the west, but that's going to backfire on them. I'm not giving these fucks money for XX, let alone World unless a lot of people around me pressure me to play with them. Fuck this company.

As long as you dont care for the 'story' and just want to play the game, it's fairly easy to understand, especially if you've been playing MonHun for years. 90% of the game is going to be the same as X as far as menus are concerned.

>new flagship doesn't just jump the shark, it fucking blasts off with rocket wings

Shit on MHXX all you want (I certainly will) but you have to admit, at least it's truth in advertising.

>handheld/console hybrid
>having video-out now constitutes console hybrid

PSP was a hybrid console?

>drive all hype to next mainline entry
>instead of a port of a handheld game

user, you're not seriously saying Capcom is dumb for this are you?

Yeah but you can't port your generations save data.

>company makes a sequel for a console for the first time in a decade
>surprised that they are focusing on it

You can if you do the homebrew XX method. If you don't dabble in those sorts of things at all you're fucked.

>a select group
Just say Nintenyearolds. We all know their the only ones shitposting about MHW, while the rest of the world is ecstatic to finally have MonHun off Nintendo hardware.

Of course they are. They have two audiences with an amount of overlap: Switch/3DS owners and PC/Xbone/PS4 owners. It's not like releasing XX competes with World in any significant way, though there are plenty of people who would buy both. They should absolutely hype up World in the west, that's no problem at all, but refusing to localize XX just to push World is a mistake.

>You're a baby or self-entitled for wanting something

this looks like god eater with worse graphics

>waaaaah why they didn't they port the upgraded version of this flop for a console that no one even has waaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Just learn the kanji for attack/defense/poison ect. and you'll be fine.

there's more context to the situation than that but if you're going to gloss over details to suit your argument we don't need to get into it

>going on trip soon
>XX comes out after I'll be back
>wanted something to play while on the ride

Fuck off back to /v/

>Stamina doesn't deplete unless fighting.
Stamina doesn't deplete unless fighting.
Stamina doesn't deplete unless fighting.
It just keeps getting worse and worse.

There really isn't any more context to the situation. World is the next mainline entry. XX is a port of an old game.

just fucking learn moonrunes already, you don't have to be fluent for video games

We're playing it in nip now, we'll play it in nip then
The fact is we get 2 MonHun games on our TV screen with in half a year or two shit MH games, if you so believe I don't know

Source?

You're a baby and entitled when you're crying and saying "Fuck this company" because they put out a game you don't want.

his ass

>farming hyper monsters and no one wants to farm them as well. Getting good guard lance armor is aids sometimes.