Younger car guy wanting a nice car. This car is available to me. About average auto knowledge

Younger car guy wanting a nice car. This car is available to me. About average auto knowledge.

How much would it cost, how hard would it be, and would it be worth putting a 440 Hemi in this car, and lowering the suspension.

Also further along the line, tires, exhaust, hood scoop, and headers.

(1967 Plymouth Valiant)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PY8gkwjh86g
youtube.com/watch?v=avu7x3N7PW8
m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2056088.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xproject cars.TRS0&_nkw=project cars
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wtf is average auto knowledge?

buy a civic and shut up

>440
>hemi

>might as well just go with a donovan block youtube.com/watch?v=PY8gkwjh86g

Sorry I corrected that earlier.

Jesus fuck the guys on /b/ were more helpful...

>average auto knowledge
>440 Hemi

Ironically the Hemi was based on the 440 engine clock. so what he said wasn't completely false. I have owned both a 440 and a Hemi powered car. IMO the 440 is the better motor for the street. youtube.com/watch?v=avu7x3N7PW8

I was deciding between 426 hemi and 440. Accidental, im not that stupid.

If my memory serves me right a Dodge coronet 4 door has the same wheelbase as the 2 door and it's possible to do a 2 door conversion on them. Not 100% sure though.

But what do you mean average auto knowledge? You think you can just buy a big block V8 and fit it in any car with no issues and it will work like factory new?

Fuck no I dont. but ill be damned if theres no way to try. I just dont want to waste time and money without knowing it will somewhat work.

Then hear the first post (best post) And dont try to do something that hard up front.

Get a shitbox. Get an 80's or 90's civic. Get a REALLY base shitbox with no technology and try to learn there. No need to practice on a nice car.

get a 3k shitbox

hopes ded

No. I didn't say "miss this one".

Just leave it in the garage and learn to wrench on another car.

Alright. Instead of starting another thread, know any older muscle cars I can get running for not over 5k

Bumping because I am also wondering the same thing.

m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2056088.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xproject cars.TRS0&_nkw=project cars

I don't know.
You tell me.
If you want the basic "running with four wheels and a seat and brakes" type of muscle car and you already have access to the necessary tools, then you should be able to find something here for less than 5k in repairs.
That does NOT include the price of the car though.

Also, for fucks sake don't annihilate the suspension.
Stancing things is for fucktards who don't know how cars work and how shit can go fast without getting fucked.

Don't rice it.

Lowering it for more control around corners and less lean.

>less lean
It's like you don't like fun.

all depends on how much money you can throw at it

After browsing for a bit, is it logical to make a career out of buying pieces of shit and selling them on a different site for more cash?

>1966 mustang, working engine, needs trans - 500$
>lol steal
>Gets it
>Craigslist "1966 mustang, working engine, needs trans - 2000 OBO"

People do it.
I've never seen someone who does it with a nice paycheck though.

Personally it's something I'm considering trying as a side job.

I gotta crash, thanks for the help.

No problem man.

On the chance you check this thread in the morning, I just want you to know.

I'm in almost the same boat as you.
I got my first two cars without months of each other, and the first one isn't even running yet.
Both are classics.

Drop by classic car general some time man, they'll ehip your ass into shape.

>work like factory new

its a dodge from 1967 that's not a fucking plus lmao

>should I do an xhibit hack job to this beautiful well maintained piece of automotive history
no. You should be ashamed for even considering it.

Buy a project car to work on. Not a nice driver car like that one.