/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Extended footage: mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31388446

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=monster hunter
youtube.com/watch?v=Vc0rdazCw24
youtube.com/watch?v=s3SagyGnCOg
blog.esuteru.com/archives/20014756.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to check the monster hunter: Worlds stream today.

Double crossed

Monsters in MHW do a LOT more damage to each other than in previous games. A player in the demo did about 15-50 damage per hit with his GS (might have been attacking shitzones), while crashing rocks down upon the monster did about 250, and Rathalos dunked on Anjanath for around 450 damage.
So yeah, make good use of all that ecology shit.

When and where?

4 MIRRION

>extracting 4U for model port shenanigans (needed a bugstick frenchy for a stupid comic I wanted to make in Gmod)

>both male and female player models have like 500+ .arcs for every slot of armor

Jesus fuck, 4U had so much armor. I know a lot of that is relic stuff but still, geez

I might port more than just the shit I needed for bugstick dude while I'm at it though.

Well that's definitely better than past games where they did shit for damage. Last time I remember letting monsters kill other monsters for you being viable was in 3U, during Mark of a Hero

Thank you!

>4U had so much armor
I HATE how many armors MH has with so many being useless

I hope mhw ditches the skill system for something better

>there will never be a Monhun made for Switch

Transmog was a good enough solution but it'll probably never come back.

I'm sure they could port World to the switch if they downgrade it to 3ds level

>it'll probably never come back
thank god

Why? Other than complaining about sluts, it allowed you to use whatever armor you want.

4U was great for fashion hunting. The relic grind was awful but I kinda miss being able to create semi viable relic sets for endgame.

>tfw

Not him but your armor should show what your bringing

It made things even worse. Transmog meant that there was no point in using a subpar set because you liked how it looked. Instead you use the same best setup for everything with whatever skin you liked. Without transmog, you could try and make a shit set useful.

Why? You can tell fully in lobby anyway.

サード デストロイ システム

You can just check their stats in the guild hall to see what skill loadout they've got and what they are actually wearing underneath the transmog

Fun Facts

vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=monster hunter

1) Monster Hunter has historically sell like trash in consoles

2) Even 3DS ports, Japan alone made up 70% of the sales

3) The average Mon Hun game sales that kept Capcom happy was 3 to 4 Million sales

4) Mon Hun has historically have low dev cost cause Handhelds and yet, Capcom called XX a flop when its sitting at 1.5 M sales

West has never, ever cared for Monster Hunter, and Japan has never ever cared for Consoles Mon Hun, so making a Monster Hunter for consoles tailored for the west is like shooting yourself in the foot Twice.

then comes development costs. Capcom Projection of XX was something under 2-3M sales in Japan.

A Monster Hunter game for consoles wont be just 2 or 3 times more expensive to make. so if capcom margins for a visual shit show like 3DS was 3 Millions. a game 3 times the dev costs could easily hit the 8-10 Millions sales window.

Monster Hunter is not capacity can pull those numbers when, back to the basics, Its console based and catered to the West

There's no way every set can be made useful, but at least if every set can be chosen for aesthetics then it's good enough that they exist. And you can still use a set because you like how it looks and gimp yourself in the same way, if you choose.

When did MH ever had low budget? MH4G alone (not including MH4) had more budget than Horizon Zero Dawn.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vc0rdazCw24

i never wouldve thought that someday i would relate to this feel

don't bother, autists don't understand the importance of the feel of a game

it's literally just stats to them

>japan never cared for console monster hunter
if you ignore Tri I guess
1) Console or handheld has nothing to do with it. It's always been what platform the title was released on first.
2) If you're going to pull "facts" out of your ass you must mix them with truth so that people don't easily discover your duplicity.

>literally copy pasting your retarded bullshit your wrote in broken english on /v/
fuck off retard

At least Switch got MHXX HD, and MHW was announced after Switch was out so people actually bought it for that MH possibility. Vita got no MH games, and MH3G AND MH4 were both announced before Vita came out, and MH3G was released a week before Vita came out to negatively impact the launch

Go look at modern WoW, then vanilla and realize how important aesthetic cohesion is

>Gather a bunch of high level monsters
>Fire a signal flare
>Watch nature unfold

>if you choose
Self imposed limitations don't work. It's the same stupid argument as guild/no arts. With transmog, there's no reason to gimp yourself because you can look good and have good skills.

MHXX sale expectation was 2 million bu the end March.
And last time I checked, it sits at 1,5 copies sold to this day.

>Self imposed limitations don't work
I hate how people blame players for the developers failures

If you put in a instant ko weapon people will use it and its the developers fault not the player.

Only on Veeky Forums do we get this consumer blaming faggotry

You should stick to food analogies.

You're like a food analogy. You're rotten.

>At least Switch got MHXX
Switch版MHは大阪の人気お好み焼き店の全面監修で製作中だというのに!
You should seriously read some of the jokes they make about MHXX

Actually he's not entirely wrong. Developers do acknowledge that if you create a path of least resistance, that's what players will take. That path is omitted intentionally.

>XX on switch is developed by an okonomiyaki store
Some japs have humor

>people can see numbers
>now everyone will be a minmax fag
Oh god no

How will i shitpost about how godlike lance is when everyone can see i deal no damage

Min maxing's been a thing ever since Lord Grahf started made that damage formula guide and later started doing videos.

youtube.com/watch?v=s3SagyGnCOg

Ironically people who got actually upset didn't show up en masse until tri. Tri was quite the special social experiment. I treasure my memories with it.

>179795419
I don't get the okonomiyaki store in osaka part

Sonyggers ANNIHILATED

Think of it as a "b" team joke. I think that's the best way to explain it.

Yeah but now its ingame

Most people dont care for minmax websites or looking it up online. Anyone can see it ingame.

But MHXX is already out.

It's talking about who's working on the switch version
I'm not adverse to it. I can finally. FINALLY after 13 years stop needing to formula every single time I change a skill on my elemental set and weighing it against sets with raw. Not that I don't see your point. I completely do. I'm just saying I'm happy I never have to calculate shit ever again

Just like said and it's like they're saying XX on switch was developed by people who have no relation to MH, kinda like saying XX was developed by shit

Very good. It's time to move on from PS2 assets.

Also the Capcom games on Switch currently are confirmed to have been set during Iwata's time.

blog.esuteru.com/archives/20014756.html

thank god, going from PSP to 3DS showed no graphical improvements, it's about time we get MH on something capable

>tfw last mh I could play was freedom unite because I don't own nintendo's 240p consoles
Finally it's here.

You don't have a PC capable of emulating?

Anyone else planning on buying tickets for Japan when XX for switch comes out? I don't know Japanese so I think going there is the fastest way to motivate me to learn it. Plus I can always ask someone around me for help since they can all read it. And since I'm there I can line up on release night at whatever their equivalent of a gamestop is so there's no delay like the localized titles. It's a win-win. Just not sure how to break it to my parents that I'm leaving.

I do have a pc but I was too stupid to figure out how to run the game without crashing the emulator.

Why don't you just import it via amazon or something. Saves you a lot of time and money.

Are you sure you can operate a PS4. It has complex requires for operation such as "eject" and "on"

Good one, weeb.

except transmog is literally patching up the developer's bad balancing or art

>consumer blaming faggotry
yea fuck corprashuns man

>Capcom completely disregards and turns away from Nintendo, focuses on World and western pandering
>World sales 2 million copies in Japan, completely bombs in west
>Capcom, absolutely BTFO, realizes their mistake
>They come back crying to Nintendo, asking for support on their new switch exclusive monster hunter
>Nintendo says they are not interested anymore
>Capcom is on verge of bankruptcy

Tri and 3U both bombed.

>he prayed to mario in his zelda jammies next to his racecar bed

Capcom isn't nearly as well-positioned as they were 7,8 years ago.

Get on it man, you're missing out on P3rd.

There literally is

Which emulator? You ARE using PPSSPP, right?

>7 years ago
That's still bad. And as an FYI they were still in a bad position 14 years ago.

Remember this shit
>“I regret to say that, up to now, we had few plans for the full-scale implementation of DLC.” From here on out, we need to focus on the long-term provision of content starting at the earliest stages of development. Furthermore, in terms of user response, if the additional related content we are providing continually to users online is deemed uninteresting from the start, there will be no ongoing business to pursue. This means that, more than ever before, the creation of underlying content is the key to success.” – COO Haruhiro Tsujimoto

Capcom's history has been pretty turbulent for the entire existence of the company. And they've constantly had to make compromises to survive while still doing their best to appeal to fans despite them.

Post Tammas

Not until you stop calling him "tama" you fucking weeb

Didn't you see the news`?
Worlds not being on Switch clearly means that there'll never ever in a thousand years be another Nintendo MH and all existing ones will be canceled and all sold copies destroyed, it also means that Nintendo killed Capcoms dog and fucked every employees wife in front of them.
Yeez, it's really easy to see.

Nintendo, what the fuck man

?

All that quote says is they got into the DLC bandwagon later than they should've.

Never would have been better.

big fish

Zinogre is NOT vibrant!
We still have hope for /ourboy/ to be in Worlds!

Ah so you don't remember. This was an excerpt of the final report for, what was it 2013? Back when they were in danger of bankruptcy yet again because they had less than 146 in the bank. Blamed their nonexistent dlc policy as they were making literally a quarter of what anybody else with a dlc policy did.

I can't find anything detailing their low money scare back in 2004 anymore. Google sucks, I guess. But that was for another unrelated problem.

Never doesn't keep your company afloat.

>electric dog wyvern thing

Nah, way too unrealistic and the fight would be too hard for Worlds.

Wii didn't have DLC and neither did the DS and they both printed cash.

Really explains why they C&D that Metroid 2 fan remake, other than defending trademarks. It could possibly undercut their revenue.

You're talking about consoles and not video game publishers. Aside from not being apples and oranges that's not even the same world in terms of similarity.

>Nintendo says they are not interested anymore
Yeah cus they sure have a bunch of other console sellers lmao

He's as much of franchise flagship as Rathalos is!
He'll be in Worlds, and so will Peerless Immortal Zinogre!

2 million is a lot.

Pokémon still don't do DLC.

How do I unlock the HR7 hypers in XX?

So all it's really saying is they got into the DLC bandwagon later than they should've.

If you're Nintendo, sure. Everything third party sold like shit.

I have a feeling they're going to be splitting Monster Hunter into 2 series now, the console and PC western-focused line starting with World and the handheld Japanese-focused line starting with X/XX

It's similar to what a lot of companies have done with their games.

Name one other game that do this

>You can play the Fujioka games
>Or the Ichinose crap
>BUT the Fujioka game is westernized
Everyone loses.

Well to be fair. Nintendo proved that all you need to be successful is brand recognition and advertisement. Treehouse is one of the most successful means of selling a product since Nintendo Power ages ago

Don't need to when your fanbase will by the literal same game with patch level improvements every year.

I actually didnt have this one. Much appreciated, user

Works pretty well for Capcom games though, especially SF and MH, though that changed lately with how trash the last entries have been.

> >Capcom completely disregards and turns away from Nintendo, focuses on World and western pandering
> >World sales 2 million copies in Japan, completely bombs in west
> >Capcom, absolutely BTFO, realizes their mistake
> >They come back crying to Nintendo, asking for support on their new switch exclusive monster hunter
it is what will happend indeed, but i doubt they would refuse doing another MH, they could even buy the licence if capcom go bankrupt

4 and 4G were great. X was kind of trash yes, but XX made MH great again.

SFV is unfortunate. But it's not the first time a fighting game has sold well despite good intentions. (Alpha and 3) Ono's hope to stimulate the scene with new blood along with the game being released earlier than it should have been bit hard on first impressions.

Anyways
>works pretty well for capcom games
All of which have dlc. Pretty sure the dogshit that is Umbrella corps has dlc as well. RE7 has DLC too.

The SURPRISING thing of all of that is that RE7's only important DLC is free. All of the important SFV dlc (i.e; characters) is also free with in game currency. Before I realized they suffered financial woe's before SFxT's release I would never have thought Capcom would do free DLC. A 180 from on disk DLC.

It doesn't matter, the only good kind of DLC is considered AFTER the game is a success.

I wish japan didn't use kanji.
I'm a genius when it comes to learning languages for some reason but that's completely fucking me over. I would definitely learn nipponese just for MH.

3U sold like shit, you know