www.games2gether.com
> Planets Stats
i.imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
> Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
> Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA

STELLARIS
> Pastebin:
pastebin.com/YHdisqem
> WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1:
pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
> Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5:
www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
> Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
> The Development of Stellaris
www.gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php
> Steamgruppe
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

ENDLESS LEGEND
> Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
> Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com

CIVILIZATION
> Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
> Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors:
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
> Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
> Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
> Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
> Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
> Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
> District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District
> /civ4xg/ steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

ALPHA CENTAURI
> Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
> Official short stories:
www.mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

Last Thread:

Only viable faction

HAK HAK HAK

What's the best ascension path?
Are kinetics still the one weapon to rule them all?

The arguments in the pastebin for Kinetic Battery in Large slots and Plasma on smaller slots seem solid to me.
Large slot kinetics bring down the shields, then when in range the plasma melts the armor.

put

/cbg/

/rtsg/

in

the

op

Voidborne -> Genemodding

A slinger will never do better than an archer.

so why am i only getting 1.6, i researched all the +1 max influence from parties techs or is it just not giving me the right information and thats the max its showing me as +1's.

Define "better"

It's still modified by how big the faction is.

redpill me on stellaris

It's an okay game but it's design has various minor issues that compound together to weaken the experience

the more members in a faction the more influence they give, it's multiplied by 0.32 due to it being small

>Wiz is a faggot

They're not mutually exclusive though

You need another ascension perk already for genemod so
First Perk: Voidborn
2nd: ?
3rd: Genemod
4th: Genemod+

It's good that planets aren't just color swaps.

>Be me
>play ES2
>finally find a MP game
>Empire Ahoy
>Horatio attacks the colonies. Vodyani send an ark to the capital
>Successfully defend both due to stupid good start.
>Gather up an attack force to counter attack Horatio.
>Success! He quits. Except no manpower to take his worlds.
>Gather up another to hit Vodyani.
>He already lost an ark to me, what could go wrong.
>twf he is a cheater.
>twf he has 8 arks parked in his home system
>twf still kill 2 of them
>After cheating in a few more arks he quit. Leaving us with an AI on the rampage.
>Sign truce with the AI
>Oh well at least I get Horatio home worlds.
>Tree branch spreads from neighbouring constellation.
>Tree spent that antire time building up a fleet.
>Be losing to the tree.
>AI parks an ark between me, and Horatio home worlds where tree is invading and my base.

I couldn't make this shit up folks. We ended up having a good laugh an quit the game.

Yes he is

>waaaaah I want a cookie cutter symmetric strategy game where everything is the same with no variety and everything is a copy paste of everything else with a different shade of red

fuck off to starcraft you annoying baby

In MoM they will

This. Mods help a lot though

>Everyone starts with the same type of planet because the others are shit now
>"balance lol"

Get fucked

thanks

>Cheating in a 4x game.
Why do people do this.

You're the only one acting like an annoying baby.
And throwing out insults left and right does nothing to support any sort of argument you try to make.

Horrible UI. Mods like Tiny and 1080p help immensely.
I tend to say that mods aren't mandatory, but when it comes to the stellaris UI I might make an exception.

Mechanically the development is pretty lackluster compared to every other 4x.
In theme and atmosphere it is alright.

Good luck doing anything if all you colonize are 1 type of planet that spawns as equally as the rest m8, I predict you on 3 planets while everybody else is >15 by 2050.

Looks cool, has a better range, better armor penetration, can poison his arrows, and has one extremely muscular arm...

>Why do people do this.
Well in this case his ark rush strat failed, for Vodyani losing an ark early on is gg, and he apparently decided that ruining the game for everyone else is a nice cancellation prize.

>You need them at the start for advantage
>They still remain important for the rest of the game

In the game halfling slingers are even better than high elf longbowmen though.

At recruit level of experience Longbowmen deal slightly more damage, but halflings block more damage.
Every level after that and they deal equal amounts of damage, or the halflings start dealing more at the high levels.
Buffs also affect halfling slingers more than the others, since the halfling unit has 8 figures, while other archers have 6 figures, and if you boost a units attack by 1, you boost each figure in that units attack by 1.

> >15 by 2050

eat shit faggot

Quick Stellaris question: can I vassalize a faction if the war score cost is over 100? I notice when I hit 100 war score I can force my demands on them and it says 1000/Force Demands so I'm curious if that really is the limit.

Give me the rundown on Distant Worlds anons. What do you think of it?

Wiz why don't you fix your fucking game instead of shitposting in here.

I played it three times.

And yet I have more than 30 hours played according to Steam.

Ever since Johan started calling monarch power mana, he has made it a Paradox rule to shitpost on Veeky Forums generals of their games for at least 1 hour a week and mine memes.

>tfw pic related appeared on a Huge Atoll world next to your home system

Anyone got any tips for playing Cultists in Endless Legend?

I just noticed there is a face with bleeding eye sockets on that pic

Wut the fug I see it too

that's nothing user
>be sophons
>search curiosities all over my constellation
>dust nebula right next to my capitol system
>behemoth song on another system right next to me
>both antimatter and palladian in another system, pretty much every system is covered in jadonyx and bluecap mold
>two systems away, garden of eden on a perfect production system
i'm on normal occurrence for resources and anomalies, this start couldn't be better

Fuck you, now I see it too.

It must be like Don't Starve.

What game are you guys even talking about?

Master of Magic you pleb

Master of Magic you scrub

>micromanage your pops every single turn
>keep your hero in the army and search ruins until he hits level 2, then stick him in the capitol and never let him leave; you should be levelling up his FIDS skills and aiming for the "city ignores winter's effects" trait at the top of the common tree
>always parley with minor factions, if you get a really shitty quest out of them bribe them; burning the village down is a last resort, since it doubles the influence cost for converting them
>if you see another faction's borders with your first scouting preachers, WALK AWAY. the last thing you want is for another faction to know you exist while you're vulnerable
>build up a home army as soon as you can to guarantee your safety; fanatics are pretty much just a placeholder frontline if you don't have enough good beefy minor faction units, preachers should be given magewands and paired up with units that have all around high stats, and nameless guard are your DPS core
>assimilation bonuses are IMPORTANT! the three you want most of all are kazanji (+% influence), erycis (+movement speed), and tetikes (+vision range)
>INFLUENCE PRODUCTION IS IMPORTANT! the rate at which you can expand to grab villages, providing you with armies to defend yourself and strike out against rivals, is entirely reliant on your influence production
>RESOURCE TECHS ARE IMPORTANT! your converted villages will leech resources from their home regions, but only if you have the relevant techs for it! this is how cultists get pretty much all of their resources
>if you have shadows, SPYING IS YOUR WORST ENEMY! get security-boosting traits on your hero and research security-boosting buildings; the two worst things that could happen to you outside of a siege are being forced to round up your 60+ population or getting your only city sabotaged!
>if you have tempest, keep in mind that you can convert fomorians, making you one of the better naval factions (still not as good as morgawr, though)

Thanks user, thats really useful.

Master of Magic you cool guy

Master of Magic, you sexy asshole.

Was a little too young at the time it came out, my first fantasy 4x-ish game was AoW.

Mastery of Nature you beauty

I didn't play it until 2011.
Thought AoW2 was amazing, and assumed MoM would just be an obsolete AoW, but that really wasn't the case.
MoM knocked AoW2 out of my 3x3.
Give it a try when you have time to try a new 4x.

i play a lot of cultists; if you've got everything down pat, it might be worth looking at advanced strategies (I.E. fitting an army with camouflage to instantly raze the opponent's capitol while your converted hordes are engaging their main forces, or using privateer tech to raise hell with the enemy)
just never underestimate how vulnerable you are; spies, hidden armies, and sieges can VERY easily be the death of you, so make sure you get your hands on true sight early (jf you're playing against forgotten or real players, because otherwise AI won't use camo)

The first strategy game I ever played was Dune. The DOS version, who looks like some visual novel.

I have fond memories of it, despite it being linear as hell.
I do remember that if you don't rush to the Harakeen palace as soon as the battle is over, the fortress is turned into a sietch and everyone goes "I have nothing to say" and you can't finish the game.

Then I later learned the game had music and animated travel cutscenes with the ornithopter, while on my version it was silent and you just saw the desert under you.

Please do not bully the Riftborn.

How do I deal with early game major factions just razing my converted villages?

I haven't played endless legend since the guardians DLC came out, did the game change much since then? if so, which of the new dlcs are any good?

[Bullies Geometrically]

Who the hell mixes circles and angles?

People with shit tastes, that's who!

building up armies early to guard them, or simply expanding towards villages farther from the prying eyes of other players; the greatest early-game tool the cultists have is hiding themselves

fanatics are there purely for the situation where you don't have any actual villages yet: they're cheap frontliners with well-rounded stats that have good synergy with preachers' +10% to all stats buff

if you're running into the situation where the harassment is too bad, remember that you can garrison troops in villages to defend them

Dyson spheres don't give any bonus on ES2?

Are we dying?

nah

Got a good response at the tail end of last thread when I meme'd it up. Just not much to talk about right now.

I certainly am

Some of us faster than others
You're now aware of the inevitable passage of time and your own slowly decaying body

Thanks, so only convert a village if I can protect it?

What's the deal with Ukrainia in Cossacks 3?
>only one infantry unit
>only three cavalry unit
>no XVIIIth century
They may be even worse than the Scottish.

why do you say XVIIIth instead of 18th

That's how it's written in game.

Plus, using Roman numbers is classy.

Any classiness is nullified by saying "Using roman numbers is classy"

Friendly reminder that you're supposed to be at least XVIII (XXI in some states) to be here.
You sound like you're IX.

Well memed

Huh? Suns? Nah they are just anchors. lorewise they are a leftower of Concrete-Virtual Dust wars and all are unslavagable wreks that would require more effort than a civilisation at your level can pull off.

not so much that as it is "only convert a village if i'm confident it won't be immediately burned down"

if you're drowning in influence or you're converting villages far from danger, there's no real downside to converting villages past the point where you can reliably protect them
even when you're close to other empires that you're at peace with or that aren't aggressive early on, it could be worthwhile to convert villages near them (though that is always risky)

as a rule, try to keep your villages separated from other factions by at least one region

Why did you say XVIII instead of XVIIIth, you classy retard?

You sound upset, mVIII.

>ES2 and Stellaris are the most-discussed game in here

We're definitely dying if that shit is all we have to talk about

We're one of the faster threads on Veeky Forums, if you want to see a dying thread have a look at /ksg/

Trust me I was aware of that for a long time...

Well, I'd like to talk about Cossacks, Supreme Commander, Seven Kingdoms 2, but if I'm all alone, it's not that fun.

And since I never play online, I can't even give strategic advice.

Dying has become a meme. It doesn't really mattter how much posts there are, even if we were discarding half a dozen threads a day, we would still be dying.

Such is the power of Kek.

It happens to every general that experiences a surge of population. People who arrived in the surge and only post in faster threads aren't used to threads slowing down and sometimes even hitting page 8.

B R A V O
R
A
V
O

Paradox

Hey friends!

I installed the New Dawn mod for DWU. Is it normal that it crashes all the time?

Can someone, please, explain how do vines of the Unfallen work? I will eventually get to playing them, but I like most other races more, and would like to know how to stop them for now

>picks the worst ftl type
>blames somebody else

just don't make peace with them, then they can't vine your shit

Have you checked the crash log?
Have you installed it properly?
Have you restarted your computer?

Blow up their fucking vineships. Problem solved.

I'm talking more about dealing with them in Neutral areas, not defending against a direct attack or something like that

Do not go to peace with them. Either stay in cold/hot war or get into a proper alliance.
If you're allied with them the vines offer nothing but benefits.

That can be done when you have a choke point to monitor, but often if you want to contain them you would need enough ships that you can conquer them.

That doesn't really sound like a viable defensive strategy against them.

The only proper way to deal with them is either total destruction or an alliance.
Half measures just result in them stealing systems once you're distracted.

>start off a game
>surrounded by Empire, Carvers, and Horatio
WELP
At least I have plenty of essence to harvest

You all seem to be misunderstanding me. I guess I'm explaining poorly. I can deal with them when they are close to my border, but how do I play containment games with them. How do I prevent their expansion in advance. With most races you can blockade the colony. With vodyani you can just blow up the ark. Sure killing vineships helps, put sooner or later one will get trough and establish a vine. How do I rid of it if it's not linked to a colony on my side?

Galactic weed-killer when

>carvers
Fucking STOP