Snap oversteer memes aside, is the MK1 MR2 a good first trackday car?

Snap oversteer memes aside, is the MK1 MR2 a good first trackday car?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GuDjjBbdKYg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

miata

They're slow, not fun, more expensive than the competition and very hard to get more power out of

Yes

The one I was looking at is an ex-spec racing car and has been professionally prepared (has a cage, bucket seats, harnesses, it's been stripped out, has a performance exhaust, induction kit, etc.) I think it makes a little more power than a stock car.
She's bootiful, user

everybody says they're one of the most fun cars they've ever driven

i highly doubt you've driven one

Not OP but
Drift or grip?

Grip. Drift gets boring pretty quickly, and unless you are Tsuchiya, it isn't faster.

Holy fuck what a sexy thing

Integra R destroyed by MR2 in a track
youtube.com/watch?v=GuDjjBbdKYg

I guess it's a good car for tracks

>G-Limited
Find me one.
>OP:MK1 MR2
Mission Failed, we'll get them next time.

I haven't taken it to the track yet, but I can still hit 200 kph on a 200000 mile engine. I grew up with gokarts and the handling feels very similar. It's a super fun sporty thing. Get it. If you are in a scenario that requires turning you will wreck almost any domestic like nothing.

*Domestic to America*

I hear the snap oversteer makes this car bad for skids, is that true? Why or why not?

skids in ur undies

Haha one of the Integra's features is "FEELS". After that, I'm sure it is.

sure just be super gentle with the brakes
and steer the car by easing off the throttle while reducing lock
consistency is more important than outright speed
accidental drift
.eg going so fast that the drift is just a matter of course
see Peter Brock

the police would have never got to a superior shooter

There are better options that are not much more expensive.

b-but muh 4AGE

The SW20 is one of the most fun cars available for the budget. OP posted the slow AW11

No idea about track but I daily an AW11 and on back roads and just about anywhere with long stretches or a bit of wind it goes like a rocket. It's one of the most fun cars I've ever driven, maybe it's the rose tinted glasses, but honestly I wouldn't trade it for the world (maybe a supercharged version or one of the rarer OEM colours) they're just magnificent fun. You may not win at the track but you'll have a better time than most of the people there.

track day car yes DD no.
ive owned one: tiny fuel tank that only holds a thimble of gas, need to put weight in the front or under steer, known for overheating, and its just a FWD corrolla enginge mounted in reverse.

JP-ooita

get third gen since it's lighter and will work out of the box.

even bimmers will get completely destroyed by any mr2 in twisties.
Unless it's at least a track going daily driven by someone who knows what they're doing. Then you need to git gud first

Sure. Another alternatives are
miata if you want fr for some reason
sw20
zzw30, which i highly reccomend since I track it.
Good thing about last one is you don't need to touch the brakes as stock it will outbreak 99% of production cars

Just don't be a benchracer and expect to win anything since you got a good car.
You still need to learn to drive it.
And honestly keep it as a track car, don't give fucks about it, if you are not worried about trashing it, you will be a few seconds faster.

Its a serious problem. I have aw11 its keeping me from the w30.

wew

dat trimmmm