Hey Veeky Forums I got a screw stuck in my tire recently and tonight I just finished doing the repair with one of those...

Hey Veeky Forums I got a screw stuck in my tire recently and tonight I just finished doing the repair with one of those mushroom plugs (pic related).

My question is, how long do this guys last in a tire?
My manual said to run it no longer than 100 miles and max 50 mph. However, I've read some articles saying that they will last the lifespan of the tire.

Is my manual just covering their ass's legally or should I actually take my tire in for a secondary repair? Thanks.

Back in my multiple burnouts a day, wearing tires down to the metal, days I used the old school black string type plug and never had any come loose. Even if it does come out the air loss isn't dramatic. You shouldn't go over highway speeds though.

Are you retarded?
It’ll last somewhat if you’re commute is -20 mph stop and go cuck traffic of less than 5 miles.

Replace the tire and stop being cheap

plugs are meant to be temporary fixes. they'll last a while if you drive like a babby, but some (especially the type you used) may leak after quite a few miles or if you put your tires to work. either way look into replacing the tire if you can asap.

yea ive never heard of these not lasting forever, but never seen the mushroom style before

Patch that shit asap, plugs are absolute shite. Or a new tire if your rich.

Pay some tire shop to patch it or replace the tire

i like the gummy patches, that shit lasts forever

>all these people saying to buy a new tire

Lel. As long as it's 10 years old or less, has good tread and the screw isn't in the sidewall, this tire is 100% fine assuming you didn't drive it when it was flat.

Have a tire shop patch it or do what said. Those snake like plugs aren't as good as a proper patch but they'll last a lot longer than anything else you can buy in a store.

Take it to a tire shop to get it professionally fixed with a combo patch/plug. Those are lifetime. Anything else is just to get you from the side of the road to a tire shop.

t. tire tech

Walmart patches tires for $10, permanent patch

The snake type plugs combined with some type of tire plug glue will work better. So long as you don't try to hoon on it, it should last the lifetime of the tire. Possibly some air leakage with changing temperatures akin to a leaky bead or a bad valve stem.

I put one in the tire of my Audi on a trip and managed to drive around for ~300 miles on highways at 85 mph with no issues. Let er rip OP.

Got one of these a year and a half ago. Forgot I did.

>had nail stuck in tire
>tire shop fixes it for free
>tire pressure warnings all day long
>inspect the area, see some metal thing sticking out
>assume they half assed the repair and didn't remove the nail
>take it back and have them redo the repair
>realize it was just the end of the plug and nope out of there

technically it was their fault for not equalizing the tire pressure but i still felt like a retard

most big name shops do it for free

Tire shop said this was too close to the sidewall, tryed selling me a new tire.
Spent $10 on the deluxe plug kit simular to That was over 2000miles ago and its still fine no leaks. Even did 100mph on 2 occasions with no issues

>be having to take an emergency road trip
>catch a screw on my way home to pack
>instant panic, too late to get a shop patch
>used before and failed
>hole caused sidewall damage, not kits fault
>remember it's a 5 time use
>ream and clean, apply gummy w/cement
>patch holds through 600 mile trip
>patch continues to hold through ~2k miles of daily driving
>patch still holds through another 800 mile trip
>finally replace tires
>mfw only tire worth keeping is the patched one

It doesn’t want to die user. It’s holiding on and fighting for life.

Nigger that is too close to the sidewall

The amount of people in this thread that feel it's safe driving on a plugged tire rather than one repaired by dismounting and applying a patch on the inside is staggering but does reinforce my idea that people who enjoy S2000s, Miatas, Evos, STIs, and old 3 series BMWs lack brain cells.

have fun with your blowout on the highway and your ruined rim