*stops selling the most successful car*

*stops selling the most successful car*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nUH1ncClaHQ
youtu.be/B4iz-VVap1w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

um, so besides the uncreative nu-poster of an OP, I'm also curious why Honda stopped selling these.

I want a roadster-type car and while I like the MX-5, I hate how they look (yes, form >>>> function in how one likes the car).

I mean, simply put it wasn't making enough money.
There is plenty of speculation why, but my guess is the decline of "sports" car buying with a weaker economy, and the platform probably was becoming outdated.

But it wasn't FWD.

Then make less of them.It's a niche market, who knew?

It's not like Honda isn't making money elsewhere. They make ATV's and lawncare motors for crying out loud.

Hondas just Roadsters and queers. And I dont see any roadsters anymore

*stops making anything remotely interesting*

>brings back their best looking car
>makes it fat ugly and electric and more than twice as expensive as the original sold for

>most successful car

one sold in australia last year too

2008 recession, wasn't a high volume seller, engine wasn't clean or fuel efficient enough for California, etc.

>$20k on the used market vs $5k for a Miata

>2009 happens
>GM kills off sports car sales
Like I needed more reason to hate them

>miata an undesirable piece of shit
Shocking

How come the Miata is still alive?

Exactly

S2000 sales were not that great towards the end. Same thing with Supra, and nsx. Now go to sleep kid

>miata
>sports car
They're cheap and cuter when new.

the miata is set up in a way that old people can enjoy it, in comparison the s2000 is too edgy

i wish mazda would offer a dudebro version of the ND miata with harder suspension and a bit more power and higher red line. That's basically what the s2000 was.

feels bad man
prices are just gonna go up and up

>old
>expensive
>shit saftey
>shit mileage
>shit emissions
>global recession
I wonder why

Sells for 2/3s of the equivalent Ferrari, same as the original

>i wish mazda would offer a dudebro version of the ND miata with harder suspension and a bit more power and higher red line

eh, isnt the whole point of a miata to tinker with it
there are plenty of mods you can do to achieve that and that way you get more satisfaction

That's the thing though, dude bros who want that stuff can't actually afford it

Where the fuck is my s2000 successor honda

How is the S2000 any functionally different from an MX-5 though? Even their styling is almost the same, although it's admittedly better than a Pontiac Solstice.

Prices are on the incline . 2000 Ap1 still goes for around $15k while you can get a dirt cheap Miata

youtu.be/nUH1ncClaHQ

It's build to be an actual sports car, rather than a ''sporty'' car.

Rumor is they're making a new one finally

Platform got old, not enough money in the segment to justify R&D
Meanwhile, K-cars in japan had a nice boom, so Honda made the s660 for that market
Just too bad you wont be able to drive it for the next 25 years

I remember people arguing the death of the Evo and the Lancer platform becoming boring sedans because Mitsubishi had no WRX competitor, they only had an STI competitor
And just recently I found out they did have a inbetween the boring Lancer and the Evo, the Lancer Rallyart
Had the same power as an WRX, had the AWD and similar price point
So why the fuck did they just gave up?

They already have an s2000 successor
Its called the s660

>S660

How is a 59HP 900kg and 11.4 second from 0-100kmh for 17fucking K € even remotely near a s2000?

nobody cares about irrelevant european fagmobiles

s660 while cool in concept, in reality just a slow car for japanese boomers

The only sell it in Japan Cletus

Their financials

>european

Its a low quality “sporty” convertible
It has a weakshit engine
Its a boyracer/girl car
Nobody with a brain actually wants one, which is why theyre always going for dirt cheap prices

A turbo isnt wasted on an S2000
On a miata it is

This. They default to the miata because the S2000 is too well desired

Those are in millions right haha??

To be fair, this. NSX was going for $90k back when an S-class was $60k.

The ralliart was gimped by mitsu from the beginning. It had less hp than the wrx, weighed more, and only came in auto. Mitsu didnt want the ralliart to step on the toes of the evo which kept it way out of competition with the wrx.

Mitsubishi only wanted to sell 15k lancers or 33k evo and only slightly pandered to folks in between.

s660 is a remade Beat, not an s2000 dumdum.

It's coming. With a hybrid power train of course. And probably autotragic only.

They sold over 110k. Thats definitely succesfull

I test drove a S2000. Was interested in buying, before I saw what it really was, maintenance.

Probably the best driving I ever had.
Let me just say that you cant ever beat the thrill of unleashing a 9000 rpm demon that starts a thunderous roar at everything around you at 6k rpm, deafening everything and everyone.
I loved it. Seat position is super low.. Feels like a race car and you see everything around you. Handling was super sharp. Loved the design.
The best part is that the EU version has AP2 suspension, body and whatever changed but only the AP1 engine remains in there.

Let me just say that it was owned by a girl. And you saw that in and out.

Still makes me sad that I dont own one yet.

>bring back the NSX
>design team comes together "how can we completely blow the fuck out the original and make a sporty car that's more New more Sporty and more eXperimental than it ever was?"
>begin setting out on a quest the BTFO Senna and his slow naturally aspirated fangirls
>do just that in perfect style

Never has a car been more worthy of the title "NSX".

It's a soulless shitbox designed by women and nu-males. At least it's ''faster''. Good job.

So the only thing bad about it is it doesn't please boomers.

Good job indeed.

The good thing is that a lot of them are owned by old men who never beat on too bad. Honda engines are generally reliable but anything that gets hammered at 9k daily needs a lot of maintenance. Oh yeah and the rear diff is made out of class.

And this is how I know that you guys have never driven either car

>what is profit margins at scale?
>hurrrr why don't car manufacturers spend hundreds of millions to make 3 million

Inflation based the 1991 NSX was $109,433. It was $115,000 at the end of the run based on inflation. The new one is $156,000. So the new car has a TON more shit in it and cost $40k more.

It’s same thing with integra type r.
S2000 was not as profitable as they wanted. Now we have kids crying “durrr why they discontinue”. Once again if you never bought new sports car, you can just shut the fuck up. Once manual is gone you have no one but yourself to blame

*stops selling any of the niche products that made them interesting now that they grew and have more money to make niche products*

New Legacy GT, Forester XT, and Outback XT when? New SVX when? Levorg/WRX wagon and manual Legacy/Outback in America when? Impreza/Crosstrek with an acceptable amount of horsepower when?

You've only had record sales globally for 8 years straight, Subaru, come on.

Same with every other high performance car

The 911 originally sold for like $50k adjusted for inflation

>Die a hero
>Grow old and bloated
hmmm

So I heard you like that FWD CVT with glorified haldex that can sometimes send some torque to the rear? Sure you would not want a proper 6 speed manual with DCCD that could even in stock form withstand 500whp... CVT for you!

How about we give you infotainment with screen at least 2 inches smaller than entry level econoboxes have these days? And our safety package with stereoscopic camera? Ever asked how much is that windshield if you have those cameras? Hahaha, don't ask your insurance company, they will laught just as much :)

Have you heard about our new universal platform chasis and how much better it will be in every aspect? Perhaps we will push the engine even more in front of the front axle, like, 2 blocks ahead of you, like Audi.

Also, we would like to keep engines solid, which means underpowered. It is okay to make 150bhp from 2 liter, who cars that S2000 back in the days did 230+. And don't get me started, we can't put BRZ engine into other models to have that 200hp in smaller cars - you would buy impreza then, wouldn't you? And we want you to shill money for BRZ, don't you dare buying it from Toyota tho...

>"Hey Subaru I know that you learned making sports cars was a massive waste of money...... But why can't you just use your profits to waste more money?"

A lot of economics are involved in designing, maintaining and manufacturing cars. As much as we hate how so many cars share the same parts and designs among each other, it's the reason why it keeps the costs down. Keeps costs down, and then sells the boring vehicle to some retarded baby boomer for 25-50 percent mark up or whatever. A lot of these sports cars/performance cars/fun cars have gotten phased out during the 2000s because it costs more money to keep a unique car in the inventory in the hopes it sells than it is to sell 1000 chebby malibus to mom and pops. Boring drivers, buttfuck baby boomers, and everyday drivers is what makes money, not dumbasses like us.

This is nu-Honda

>Only 60 000 in the whole USA

I saw 7 in one day a week ago

Honda/
S2k meet perhaps?

>buy used 2002 WRX Wagon as first car freshman year of uni
>keeps running way longer than I thought it would
>graduate uni in 2015
>get job
>save up money to buy a nicer car
>2017 rolls around
>Subaru dealership
>"hey I want this but in 2017"
>sales guy takes me to WRX sedan
>"oh I meant like a wagon"
>tells me it doesn't exist
>starts showing me Forester XT instead
>"No I want a goddamn WRX Wagon"
>starts showing me XV Crosstrek
>fuck it and leave

I'm literally ready to buy a new WRX wagon and will continue to drive this old shitter into the ground until Subaru stops this shit. 344k miles on engine #3 and gearbox #2. I looked at used and they're so close to the new price but with LOTS more miles than I want to pay new car money on...

What's really kekworthy is that my shitpile WRX is still worth like $4k going by the retarded prices of the used market.

110,000 world wide

not enough money to develop a new generation

plus nissan now owns mitsu and nissan only cares about cuckovers with cvts

Are you Doug?

Few years and it will just start going up if not already.

They made Obxt's and legacy 2.5gt wagons

Yes
youtu.be/B4iz-VVap1w

Recently had a very similar conversation with my own Subaru dealership. I have an OBXT and after 25X,XXX miles the engine finally crapped out.
>show me the closest thing you have to an OBXT
>Forester XT
>No, I want a wagon not an SUV
>XV Crosstrek with STi package
>fuckin whatever, I'll take a 6 speed
>sorry, if you want manual you have to get the poor-spec one with cloth seats, no infotainment, no bells and whistles.
>Because fuck you that's why
>that'll be $25,000 plus tax, destination, and dealer fees please
>fuck it and leave

Couple weeks later I bought a 90k mile manual LGT for $2000 on Copart so now I'll have a 90k mile engine, transmission, and turbo for my OBXT all for about $3000 installed. Fucking kys Subaru.