/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Sweetheart edition!

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1 (embed) (embed)
↳Extended footage: mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31388446

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free.youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928 (embed) (embed)
-Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed) (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread (Cross-thread)

Other urls found in this thread:

u.nya.is/fzyrht.mp4
bilibili.com/video/av11376919/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sorry boys looks like I'm hype

Localize Doube Cross!

anime was a MISTAKE

>/mhg/ 2023
who cares if you're given i frames while healing, you shouldnt need to heal anyways now that you can just mount the monster forever

u.nya.is/fzyrht.mp4

Well, this looks even a lot worse than I thought.

>basically cinematics and mounts the whole time
>instead of classic MH gameplay lure Monster to shit all the time and it will be pretty much UNPLAYABLE online because everyone wants to do something else with the AI
>even more cliffs and shit that's in your way than in the worst MH4 areas, hammer should b e basically unplayable in this game
>absolutely horrible, clunky, wannabe realistic animations

"Le using le environments" meme is what killed Monster Hunter. You read it here first and in 10 years you will all know it's true.

>you lived to see monster hunter become typical western garbage

>cucked out of the real Monster Hunter games
How hard do you think the nip fanbase is laughing at us?

reposting the link for the leaked footage

bilibili.com/video/av11376919/

Why does MH have so many useless items like Chilled Meat?

>Dark Souls is harder than MH definitely

The tutorial monsters in MH are harder than the bonus bosses in DS

>>even more cliffs and shit that's in your way than in the worst MH4 areas, hammer should b e basically unplayable in this game

MH4 started this cancer, though. It really looks like MH3U was the last good MH... Forever.

Yeah, that's why some casuals can easily beat them, "omg, so epic, wow, nice mount, bro!".

World is shit. Dark Souls is shit too and barely even a video game, though.

MonHun is a shit copy-pasted series and Dark Souls is superior in every way

someone wake me up when all of the shitposters are gone and we can talk about monster hunter again

>angrily renaming files

I hope they don't fuck up Gunlance

>Can only bring 5 Cold Drinks on a quest
>Do an event quest which takes 50 minutes to solo

Hmmmmmm

This part looks OK, I guess. Gives you an incentive to hunt alone rather than summon a million hunters at once.

Apologize.

F

People are unironically defending damage numbers, cliffs and le organic gameplay now.

Even here on /mhg/. What a strange timeline.

S

>wants shitposters gone during e3 mode Veeky Forums
Fuck off newfag, you're the shitposter. Gb2redt

I'm sorry. Please take MHO 2.0 back.

F

I'm sorry

>slime hunter 3U
"But hey, you DONT have to use them like Arts and Styles right?"
Go make your own 3U general then.

Don't ever reply to one of my posts again

The majority of people are hype.

>and le organic gameplay
huh, pretty sure that's always been a desire of mh players
>cliffs
who?

dunno what this laser shit is, at first I thought it was gun lance but it isn't.

everyone bringing up DS needs to be gassed
and to all the soulfags, fuck off, don't care if your franchize is dead, go play with the vampire loli with a bane mask or something

This is what we always wanted!!!

Damage numbers, cinematics, Dark Souls drinking, realistic, janky animations!

THIS IS /OURGAME/

SWITCH BABBIES BTFO

THANK YOU NEO CAPCOM

WE #MAJORITY NOW

MH SHOULD ALWAYS CATER TO THE MAINSTREA, THIS IS WHAT WE WANTED ALL THE TIME

YAS

>WALK WHILE HEALING WAS FINE IN SOULS, WHY ARE PEOPLE LOSING THEIR SHIT OVER SUCH A SMALL CHANGE? FLEXING WAS STUPID ANYWAYS!!!
I've never wanted to be wrong so much in my life before

The grappling hook animation looks really janky, the hunter just stops midair for a second to shoot it, it's strange

dumb nigger
>"basically"
it's a demo retard
> online unplayable because of other people
wow it's like that doesn't happen in any other MH game! whhhoooaaaahhh. if you have such a problem with it, don't play online with retarded people troglodyte
>too many cliffs
this is only a single map (ancient forest), so it isn't the entire game. if you can't enhance your combat with a weapon according to each environment, git good.

Yeah keep telling yourself that my man

>this damage control

>le organic gameplay now.
So the fantasy that people wanted since the first MH? We went from tribal villages to final fantasy airships in the span of a single title.

fuck you, gtfo of my website

he said wyvern fire

how did you miss it, the pronunciation was funny

>renaming my shit and uploading my shit
K

>huh, pretty sure that's always been a desire of mh players
Pretty sure MH players were perfectly fine with monster animations which is why they were MH fans.

You mistake them for plebs who play MH for 100 hours, beat all bosses once and then never touch it again.

Not even one actual argument.

wew dial down the autism a little bit

How dare you reply to me after I specifically told you not to. Who gave you the right?

Making an account right now. Fuck this "Organic" gameplay.
/mhg/ plays on TW, Right?

Wyvernfire S

freedom unite may be good, but monster hunter tri is epic!

Think you have that the wrong way round, son

Pros
>revamped mounting
>lots of new weapon moves
>lots of environment stuff
>ecosystem and monster battles
>fighting two monsters at a time might actually be fun
>mantles look cool

Neutral
>Faster health regen
>lot of ledges

Cons
>too much scoutflies
>almost no blood
>a few technical issues

looking pretty good so far

Giving this shit 10 years. Capcom is not in good shape right now. Just look at MvCi

>So the fantasy that people wanted since the first MH?
When by people you mean retards who have no idea how gameplay works, then yes.

Dude I hate Sonyponies and Switchfags and am doubtful for some stuff in the gameplay but overall it looks likes a really good game.

There's no need to be critical over little stuff.

I think the only person who doesn't notice is you

Will the portable team save us from this nightmare?

this, only nintendo games are good

I asked your mom, just like I asked her to open her legs that day and eventually bring a turd like you into the world

By people I mean people who played the series from its first installment in their adolescence. Naturally this excludes you, as you started with 3U

I don't think they even care about us. They're getting 2 monster hunter games

This is that MHW audience Capcom keeps talking about. Note how they fucking hate MH and anything that defines it.

I'm getting the strangest flashbacks to when 3U was released and some fucking idiots said MHFU was "too archaic"

>Not even one actual argument.
>i haven't learned about reading comprehension yet in grade school

not many from /mhg/ play, but the biggest english playerbase by far is on TW.
fist.moe has details on the english guild, don't expect active ingame guild chat, discord has kind of taken over the purpose of guild chat.

Uh, misogynistic much?

The nightmare of evolution

>lots of environmental stuff
>a pro

Spot the casual.

Guess why you don't have focus on environments in curazy games like Bayonetta or Devil May Cry (let alone fighting games like Street Fighter)? Because it's shit and contradicts the core gameplay.

Enjoy your Uncharterd meets Dragon's Dogma, though.

/mhg/ is dead. Say hello to the new casual wave.

Psst, stop posting, casual.

>pretty sure
well you're fucking wrong
>you mistake them for the plebs who play for 100 hours
no, pretty sure that's you lot who haven't seen anything but a nintendo MH and post that retarded fantasy over and over with no basis

"perfectly fine with" and "which is why" are completely separate, people were fine with the animation and have always wanted the game to get better

the people wanting janky shit are fucking autists and weren't around before even mh4

Ahh, yes they'll save us with more epic arts and styles.

>much?
No, much more

>Psst, stop posting, casual.
hit too close?

>No Paintballs
>Gets replaced by magic tracking flies

>*drinks juice while running away*

I think monster fights would've been better if they ditched the animation that plays when they first meet each other, but I get why they did that. I also think the fast health regen is a demo thing or an armor skill.

>picks an area he didn't mention
>no follow up to the post itself, not even indicating if it has any replies
>tries hardest to make poster look like a moron
>heh looks like I win this time kiddo
I too took a course in Argument Building for Niggers

This will be my first Monster Hunter game, and I'm gonna be staying here in the general for a while.

but gunlance sucks. it could use a good fucking

I think the Heat Gauge in the Gen demo is only a demo thing

>Portable
Hmm?
There are no more portable games. the partnership with Nintendo is over.

Enjoy your stay

>R3 Focus camera
CAMERA LOCK AHAHAHAH

Paintballs already magically tracked. I guess they wanted to combine them with psychoserum or something.

>he literally wants monster hunter to be closer to bayonetta or devil may cry
can't make this shit up

>posts the same shagaru video over and over as if it's good that you can predict what the monster can do a full 10 seconds ahead of time
lmao, when did you join monster hunter, and how long after that did you adopt an undeserved oldfag mentality you fucking autistic faggot?

Well, thank you for posting /mhg/ on /v/ all day, Capcom shill. Now /mhg/ is 100% trash.

>the people wanting janky shit are fucking autists and weren't around before even mh4
But the MH animations are not janky, they look somewhat unrealistic (when going from animation to animation), but they looks great themselves and are pretty much perfect video game animations.

World is the one with the janky animations. The monsters are seven somewhat teleporting at times.

Yes, your ad hominem and speculations hit very close.

>not a single furrypost in days

Ill try asking here one last time here. It seems I can somehow transfer a save from generations to double cross since I read the op and that is what it implies in a pastebin. Will I still be able to play online using my english 3ds with the a eng patched XX?

>paintballs not magically tracking
And explain psychoserum to me.

Go away.

Reminder that the majority of people here are excited for MHW and there is nothing you can do about it.

>Yes, your ad hominem and speculations hit very close.
>ad hominem
That was an insult for the purpose of insulting. Sorry, I'm not sophisticated enough to have an argument with a ninny.

Why not make a 3U general instead of continuing this losing battle?

There's a homebrew app that lets you convert your Generations savedata to X, then you can move that X save data to XX.
>Will I still be able to play online using my english 3ds with the a eng patched XX?
Yes you can.

Have fun with the last real Monster Hunter game!

>>he literally wants monster hunter to be closer to bayonetta or devil may cry
Closer to Devil May Cry than Uncharted? Uh, yes.>>posts the same shagaru video over and over as if it's good that you can predict what the monster can do a full 10 seconds ahead of time
>good animations make the game too easy, waaaah!

And yes you would get killed if we tried a 140 Shagaru now and you would never make a room so I can join you. Weird. Why do I even reply to you? Fuck off.

/ignored

Yes. Why wouldn't you be able to play online?

C-careful boys
I don't want to drown

>when going from animation to animation
relatively speaking they look unrealistic nearly all the time

ITT: Retards who couldn't beat Vanguard/Asylum Demon/etc and now are getting mad that their shit series is even more casualized

whats wrong with coming to Veeky Forums in 2015?