I really want to get a focus st for my next car, can anybody tell me anything about them...

I really want to get a focus st for my next car, can anybody tell me anything about them? Like what am I getting myself into?

a fwd turbo shitbox driven almost exclusively by fuccbois

/thread

Go to youtube or forums for actual information about the car. If you want it, and can afford it, get it. Don't listen to anyone on here, they just larp about shitty old Japanese cars from Initial D.

boyracer fwd shitbox that gets massive amounts of torque steer and wheel hop. you'll kick yourself in the ass you didn't man up and get an RS

I was retarded to think people from Veeky Forums would actually help

>implying i have 40 grand to throw at a focus

Fuck that I'm just going to get a low mileage used one

FPBP

OP you do not want to belong to that crowd, it's instant bitch-nigga status.

Might as well get yourself a flat-brim snapback and some MONSTER decals right now.

Basically the replacement faggots for the Subaru STI/Mitsubishi Evo crowd. I'm still trying to decide if FiSTing faggots are more cancerous than STIfags.

I don't care how fast it is. It's still a fucking Ford focus

It's a fun, quick hatchback with comfy seats and an otherwise shit interior.

Dont know what the rest of these faggots are on about, it's a fine car.
Also check out the speed3.

>speed3
Lole

Problem little bitch?

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

>I don't care how fast it is. It's still a fucking Ford focus

my busrider detector just went fully erect

It's 22k of fun.

with value that plummets like the Challenger space shuttle

Literally the same car, bud. Ford copypastad the suspension off the Speed3 before Mazda bought back the company.

>bought back the company

Nigga they never owned Mazda. At the HIGHEST point of ownership, Ford had like 33% stake in Mazda.

And the R&D they are still using is totally legal, they bought into a partnership with Mazda because Mazda engineers are fucking god-tier and Ford engineers are pants-on-head retarded fuckwits. It's why they're STILL using MZR technology over a decade later, while Mazda has completely moved on to a new breed of engines.

Ford literally cannot into engineering, they're fucking niggers like all the North American automakers.

Save your money and get a FiST. You'll get the same, if not more, enjoyment in exchange for slowness

It's a Ford focus with an exhaust lmao. Why do people buy these pathetic things

Because they have shit taste and know nothing about cars, obviously.

Why does any piece of shit car sell? Why are RAMs so popular? There's no shortage of retards, and with 0% financing it's way too easy for them to get set up in some horrendous shitbox with +250hp.

Which was lauded as one of the best driving compacts when it came out. Yeah, terrible.

>Ford copypastad the suspension off the Speed3 before Mazda bought back the company.
The 1st gen Ford Focus (which came out in 1998) had the control blade rear suspension. The 2nd gen Focus platform was shared with Mazda and Volvo(hence them both using the Ford designed control blade suspension).

>Ford literally cannot into engineering
Yeah, that's why VW copied their suspension set ups.

>It's a Ford focus with an exhaust lmao
shitty bait/10

IT'S A FUCKING FORD FOCUS LMAO. Nobody is impressed

>buying a car to impress somebody
>not to enjoy it

Seek help you narcissist.

>not enjoying impressing people
Seek help autist benchracer

Then why buy cars to attract others attention? Or do any sort of non performance modification?

Because I like it?

Given that you've posted a heavily stanced example that'll crunch on every speed bump it tries to pass, you'll fit right in with the vapers.

No comments on the car itself but it's effectively the new not-a-WRX that also isn't a Golf GTI. I hear people lauding the Fiesta ST over it, so that might be worth a look too.

>needing to buy others admiration
>enjoying your car has anything to do with benchracing
>being this desperate

Again, seek help for your narcissism.

>Then why buy cars to attract others attention?
Are you asking me why others do this?
>Or do any sort of non performance modification?
Aesthetics are subjective and it seems a fair amount of people do at least tint and wheels because they think it looks better than stock. This even applies to basic cars like camry's and shit.

i'd recommend checking out the elantra sport. it's lower on power but it's low key, fun to drive, has a decent suspension and does well on gas.the interior in it is way nicer than fords. also hyundai is practically giving them away. i've seen people getting them brand new at 19k OTD.

>low on power
>fun

Said no one ever.

33% is more than enough to control a company, m8

It wasn't about dickwaving, it was about tech sharing and developing global platforms that would benefit both companies. Ford had no intention of fucking Mazda and they didn't, Mazda is stronger than they've ever been.

I really don't get this misconception Americans have about Ford's partnership with Mazda. Every car company goes through ups and downs. About 10 years ago Ford literally fucking shit the bed and almost went bankrupt - they had to fire thousands of people and close factories just to keep the lights on.

They didn't need a bailout, but if they had wanted one America would've done it. Japanese government WON'T do that, so Ford essentially bailed out Mazda in hard times.

So tell me, how much of Chrysler or GM does the American government own? How many decisions do they make? C'mon nigga, stop playin.

always wanted one of these.

they are cheap now. saw one on craigslist for 13k with 46k miles.

the thing that turns me off is the style. it just is so unsexy.

>not wanting to drive a car with such awesome rallying heritage

>he’s never pushed a 90bhp shitbox to the ragged edge
>he follows the marketing that a car can only be fun if (((they))) say it’s fun

i only see them driven by boy racers with their seats all the way back, phone in hand, fart can on exhaust

no matter how good a car they are, some faggots will make them terrible, please don't be one of those faggots.

I have one. It's a fun sport hatch that won't break the bank and is just as useful as a normal focus. You can get 30mph highway and bang through gears with a smile, not at the same time though. ST2+ has a nice interior. Sync3 it's pretty good but I mostly use Android auto for maps and music.

The shifter is smooth. The stock tires are fat, it grips the road really well. It's not a true race car but fuck the bus riders who think you either need a 3k Civic or some rwd rice tax meme mobile to have fun.

The Fiesta ST is slower and has a 1.6 instead of a 2.0 so it's more highly strung and has less tuning potential. The reason people prefer the Fiesta is that it's significantly cheaper, to the point where it's debatable whether the plus points of the Focus are worth the extra Ps

>implying i have 40 grand to throw at a focus
get a GTI then, it's better than a Focus ST