Toyota to Unveil GR HV SPORTS concept at Tokyo Motor Show 2017

Looks like an 86 clone with a hybrid drivetrain. Personally not a fan of the fake manual but might be cool otherwise.

Sauce: newsroom.toyota.co.jp/en/detail/19001900/

AYO HOL UP

THAT'S A TARGA TOP

Guess this is their RF miata competitor, shit is ugly as fuck. Their prius design team must have worked on this

They should've made the rear look like pic related

Sure is my man. A return to glory, in a way.

Why can't Toyota just put the V6 from a Lexus in the fucking GT86. THAT'S WHAT EVERYONE IS ASKING

But no, another hybrid "sports car" nobody asked.

FT-HS coming to life boys? pic related

im interested on the weight on this thing. I hope it doesn't completely go against the principles of the 86s.

looks cool as fuck
too bad it'll either stay a concept or will be japan only

That looks vaguely like the Lancia Statos concept from a while back. I actually kind of like it. They should the rear end more sporty and give it a ducktail. If they use the hybrid drivetrain for performance instead of just dumbass eco shit then I'm on board.

i wonder if the regular 86 would get a targa

cuz no one else is gonna buy lexus then probs

Holy shit I really hope this thing makes it past concept, because it honestly looks like it's a really fun car to drive.

>Targa top > T-tops > soft top
>Gives you all the pleasures of a soft top with more structural rigidity

>hybrid with sports car handling in mind
>fake h-pattern, but they tried to make it sporty

This could be the savior of sports cars

I want this. It's like a Corvette without power and good mpgs.

But knowing toyota it'll have like fucking 150hp without VVT and it'll just be even worse than the FRS. Either that or it'll cost 50k.

what year? god thats sex

I think that's the entire purpose of this
>well that was a sales disaster
>say we have the tooling, let's make a Targa 86

Is the Celica coming back in it's former rwd glory?

Literally who asked for this?

>hybrid
>automatic
>FR
>ABSOLUTELY HIDEOUS, LIKE WHAT THE FUCK TOYOTA

I could overlook everything else except for the fact that it's FR. Literally why? The 86 is already a thing, and the A90(?) Supra will likely be FR, maybe AWD. It is trying to fill a niche that the 86 already can cover easily.

It is a well known fact that MR is the layout to go with in motorsports, hence Indy cars and F1 cars using MR almost entirely (if not entirely). The MR2 would have been able to fill the gap of a competition car that Gazoo and Toyota can use in actual races. Hell, Gazoo even made a fucking hybrid spiritual successor prototype MR2 thing a few years back. (pic related)

What the fuck Toyota

It's just a concept, but I think it was from 2010. Completely agree btw. One of the best looking cars that'll never be made. RIP. This Toyota is close though. Few more tweaks and they'll be there.

>automatic
>H pattern
Is Toyota mad?

Holly shit we can launch missiles now?
Also, what does the H pattern shifting does if it is a automatic? I mean, it does not have clutch, what would moving the stick do?

Spiritual successor to the MR2?

instead of push button start we now have shift pattern start
it sort of acts like a lock code and the car starts up only if you put in the correct shift order that the owner put in

This looks cool. Gonna be honest. Even on paper, it looks really nice.

na it seems like its a 6 speed auto that can be turned into a simulated 6 speed manual without having to use a clutch to shift gears...hence the "M" button

that actually sounds kinda cool, if it were real