What can I do with £3,000?

What can I do with £3,000?

Buy an extra comfy dick sucking mat.

Virtually nothing.

It's about six months of savings for the average person in the UK.

But you can still do virtually nothing with it.

No, I didn't think so. thanks for being honest.

btw most of the people around me seem to live in debt/overdrafts, living paycheck to paycheck. I count myself as lucky t b h

I can understand why people live that way desu. Even if you save a large proportion of your income, everything worth owning (IE A HOUSE) is still forever out of reach unless you're on well above average wages.

Save it

The people I mean, the ones living in constant debt (ie. 5 digit credit card debt, constant mortgage problems) seem to have got a house and a car. So how does that fucking work. We're not on decent wages here.

They are married with kids though. Being single is no good for money I guess.

I pay into a pension, have an emergency fund and about £15k available credit, this is just a little spare money to do something with.

Don't say property is the key to all finance either. My landlords' property has lost value consistently over the last 10 years. Its funny, I rent from the same property. Down the road there are people with estates. Not houses - full estates with large gardens and a fleet of vehicles.

Yeah but its spare cash tho. Doing nothing with it isn't interesting.

Use it as a down payment for a loan that will purchase something that generates income.

I think that's the min for a Vanguard account. Go for it.

Are you me OP? I was gonna put 2k into Premium Bonds and the rest into a LISA when they start in the next couple of months. Pretty boring and not really gonna get much return on the 3k but it's a safe way to park some cash instead of it losing value against inflation (my bank gives 0%). I know Premium Bonds give you 0% but at least there's a monthly chance I'll win something instead of guaranteed nothing in a bank account.

Thats called leverage you double nigger

Tesco bank current account gives 3% on the first £3k. No need for any direct debits or monthly inputs either. Just open and drop it in there until you can find something better to do with it.

Alternatively open a stocks and shares ISA and put it all on a mutual fund.

SIPP

Vanguard FTSE 250 ETF

9% compound returns 30 years = £40k

say if i put 3k in a fund, and i want say 40k in 10-20 years time. is that possible with any ETF or index fund?

>What can I do with £3,000?

send that woman back to America

Buy 3,000 pounds Nike and Coca Cola, take profits up 7%, maybe you'll gain 200 pounds in 3 months.

You could buy 3740.93 Francs

Vanguard only offer the FTSE 250 as an ETF

Yes it doesn't really matter if you buy the ETF or fund

interesting. which instruments have this kind of return?

i'd imagine FTSE 250 is less than this.

kek

bitcoin

everything else is dogshit

>9 trillion in world investments are all dogshit besides bitcoin