ITT: The dumbest things that happened in Initial D

ITT: The dumbest things that happened in Initial D.
S P O I L E R S
>Iketani's super autism
>Takumi has to blow a $20000 racing engine in order to beat some 15 year old autist because he has a 86 sedan despite having a car tuned and maintained to perfection as well as having years of driving experience.
>Dagumi only wins a race because some guy had to throw up
>Anything involving Iketani
>Nakazato is portrayed as a great racer, but drives into guard rails every single time and always loses.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CFnucJtjzOg
youtube.com/watch?v=7w67YfN8dvo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Iketani is literally me though so it's ok

Iketani is literally me minus friends,decent driving ability, a girl that actually showed interest,S13, and job.

I'm thinking about watching Initial D but everything about it just sounds kind of bad.

>Repetitive story
>No real tension because Takumi ALWAYS wins
>all the characters are bland

Watch First Stage at least, it's the best season because it's more slice-of-life stuff that you can actually relate to (that one friend who thinks he knows shit about cars but doesn't, the joy of a full tank of gas, that feel when no gf, etc).

it peaks in the first season, where its more about the atmosphere of the town and the characters on the cusp of adulthood

I wouldn't call this stupid but actually really clever. While never mentioned at all, Dagumi overtakes Nakazato because there was no longer a fence, not because Nakazato took the turn wider like it was implied. Also considering Dagumi kept trying to overtake him on the outside.

This scene manages to be both really amazing and really dumb at the same time.

>he forgot about the most important part of initial d

It makes sense to me in order over take on a tight course, but to keep doing it in order to try and shave off time is retarded.

I'm not sure rocket boosters are road legal

>240

>you will never drift a Volvo 240 down Akina Pass

>not wanting your girl to be an expert in drifting while also owning a practical reliable car that will be able to carry your children in too

the one battle with Takumi and the EK9
He literally let takumi pass him

>throwing away the entire setting and turning it into a cookie-cutter villain-of-the-week battle shounen with toegay races instead of fights
They could have at least ended it with a rematch against Bunta.

>tfw you became Iketani

for an anime initial d had such amazing characterisation, and really believable and relatable writing

Hey guys, when I was in Gunma last night, I saw these two guys, one was a manlet with eyeliner and the other was a guy with greasy long hair and a double chin. Those guys wouldn't happen to be friends, would they?

>a girl that actually showed interest

>tfw you will never know if this happened because if it did you would be too autistic to notice

>really believable and relatable writing
yes because everyone is a complete failure romantically

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>>Dagumi only wins a race because some guy had to throw up

This one's pretty reasonable though. Max Orido on Hot Version couldn't continue driving Techno Pro Spirit's MR-S during the touge battle because, "the g-forces hurt my ribs". Old people just can't keep up.

Sweaty God hand didn't drink water at all, if I recall correctly. Dehydration is serious.

I ended up enjoying all the seasons of Initial D, but just because I ended up liking Keisuke more than Takumi, because his races had less bullshit, and I was expecting him to job everytime just so they could build up a race against Takumi, but it never happened.

Also his eurobeat is better and he wasn't cucked

>because he has a 86 sedan
Fucking speedreader. Did you miss the part where team Sidewinder also make their own aftermarket parts and is a time built around the idea of tuning their cars to perfection?

Here is a list of every modification Shinji had to his 86
Toyota OEM Rear Spoiler, TRD Sports Muffler, RS Watanabe Eight-Spoke F8 wheels, Cusco 7-Point Bolt-On Roll Bar, OEM AE101 Throttle Bodies, Black Valve Cover, TODA Cams (272/272), TRD 0.8mm Gasket, TODA Cam Pulleys, TODA Air Intake, Tomei Pistons, TODA Conn. Rods, TODA Header, FREEDOM ECU, TODA Timing Belt, TRD Plug Wires, TODA Valves, OEM AE111 Forged Crankshaft, & AE92 Kouki Redtop Block.

>implying I can read
The show is the only thing that anyone cares about, and they never mention anything about Shinji's 86 besides it being a Sedan, it was repainted and his father that died owned it.

His father rallied the 86 which means it was never stock but even if it was turned back into a civilian car after his father died. It was still mentioned multiple times that every car in Sidewinder was modified extremely well, the philosophy of the team was the modify all of their cars

FOREVER YOUNG

Itsuki's cuckening was truly the hardest part of the show to watch

We need an edit where he just continues, flying away into the horizon

I always hear about this issue, but have the opposite. I've thought so many girls are into me when they aren't.

God that was fucking harsh

It makes sense to you because you have never driven a car

I'll have you know that I have driven some of the finest cars available on the market in the past 30 years

Such classics as the
>GMC Jimmy
>4th Gen GMC C1500
>Prius
>2015 honda accord
>2007 honda accord (stalling it in a parking lot)
>2001 ford taurus

one could say it's all downhill after that

Favorite Eurobeat theme?

What might that be?

Both this and those.

The one redeeming feature of Impact Blue.

You had one fucking job Keisuke

Did anyone get and keep a girlfriend in this series? Shigeno's new comic has me expecting the same again.

Takumi managed to snag the rule 63 version of himself that played golf. Besides that not really.

Unless you count Ryosuke, he kept her in the sense that she was his until she anheroed.

He is based
Shinji's mother is Takumi's Rule 63 version, she is literally Takumi with tits, vag and a ponytail

>49kg of ballast

Pic for reference

As we go further and further from First stage, all the characters gradually become more and more takumi ish

There is a reason the only memorable characters are in Stage 1, the only exceptions are Sudo, God hand/feet and....

Well, the Shinigami

Im on stage 2

is there any point watching past the 3rd series

if they just ruin the characters I cant bear to watch it

>thread says S P O I L E R S
>shows up in the thread

Fourth stage is villain of the week and you only really get to see the spin brothers and dagumi

Unless you have literally no time to spare, watch it all.

imo fourth stage is pretty good. the lack of earlier characters is a bummer but it's not complete shit like final stage. yes there is less slice of life, but the racing is still fun.
fifth stage is still worse than fourth, but final stage gets the brunt of my hate.

the biggest thing for me personally is that the cgi in the first three stages is dogshit compared to the last three
kinda ruined the excitement when I went to rewatch the first stage
they don't ruin the characters, it's just that they show up less often, excepting dr dorito and his entourage of driving autists.

>Watch First Stage at least,
Fuck that, Second Stage is better.

there's no specific point where it suddenly goes to shit (unless you make the argument for project d's inception), it's just a slow slide into racer of the week mediocrity. i'd at least watch part 3 since it's probably the best looking in terms of sheer production quality

BACK ON THE ROCKS, BACK ON THE ROCK
BABY

youtube.com/watch?v=CFnucJtjzOg

Keisuke's races > Takumi's races

the 2d art in 2nd stage is shit, that ugly over-saturated look of early digital inking

4th stage has several good moments throughout it, despite its flaws. I can't really say it's something you ought to watch, but it certainly can be enjoyed as long as you accept that not everything can match the quality you already saw before.

Of course, if you go so far as to finish 4th stage, you may as well finish the whole series and see where the ride takes you.

The races and technical aspects are good, but I only finished it like a month ago and have forgotten just about every single race/driver besides like maybe 3 or 4. Nothing really sticks out to me (unless I forgot) as really memorable. I enjoyed it while watching.

I like fifth stage more as a whole due to the gtr battle that actually had stakes, the more back story that ryosuke gets and the 350z guy. If I watched them both again though, I'd probably like 4th more due to the battles.

I don't really hate final stage, I like the battle as a self contained unit but I don't think it was a great way to end it all.

>If I watched them both again though, I'd probably like 4th more due to the battles.
That was my experience rewatching 4th and 5th stage. The GTR race, an enormously welcomed change, didn't have the same impact or enjoyment when you already knew what was happening. In my opinion, that was the only part of 5th stage that was truly enjoyable the first time around, so without it there was nothing left.

On the other hand, I DO hate final stage. I can't recall another time watching an anime in my adult life that made me legitimately angry from watching it. People get upset over winning because the other driver suddenly had to puke. I didn't get upset over that, I understood it and found it totally plausible. But there was so much wrong with final stage, so much that didn't make sense and shouldn't have resulted in what they were showing us, that I got angry watching it both times.

Nah, just stop with Third Stage. Hell, the credits song is called "The Race is Over."

were they standing close together? If so, they must be friends.

I can see at least two redeeming features right there

Patrician taste. My friends and I agree that Keisuke is the true MC starting in Fourth Stage.

How did you manage to forget the time that rally driver driving Suzuki Cappuccino was beating Dagumi's ass but decided to slow down because of random cat just enough to let Dagumi pass him?

I also call bullshit on SW20 driver spinning out when landing on pile of leaves. What bothers me here is that the driver was supposed to be a god-tier professional racing driver so he should have had the reflexes necessary to correct the slide and the fact there shouldn't have been a slide in the first place the car lands on ground right before the leaves with it's front wheels pointing straight and no power send to rear wheels.

>How did you manage to forget the time that rally driver driving Suzuki Cappuccino was beating Dagumi's ass but decided to slow down because of random cat just enough to let Dagumi pass him?
You're mixing two episodes up,
The fucking cat was with the yellow civic, the suzuki cappucino was simply a less powerfull car and dagumi passed him in a straight line at the end

i dont have a specific favourite, but this is the one with the most replays
youtube.com/watch?v=7w67YfN8dvo

Initial D would have been far better if it focused more on the local racing scene as a whole instead of just one guy getting in races.
Prove me wrong.

That was more or less entirely what Stages 1-3 were about.

>Max Orido on Hot Version couldn't continue driving Techno Pro Spirit's MR-S during the touge battle because, "the g-forces hurt my ribs". Old people just can't keep up.
fucking MRS underrated god machine
>broke lap records multible times
>BTFO every single car
>driver reached its limit before the car did
truly a touge monster

You forgot the teleporters

The MRS was such a god machine that Dagumi had to teleport to beat it, and in the ending spun out again. Dagumi needed multiple deus ex machinas to win.

*teleports around corner*
nothin personnel kid.....

>Sweaty God hand didn't drink water at all, if I recall correctly. Dehydration is serious.
You recall wrong. He drank water but only plain water. The issue was salt depletion, not water depletion. Nausea and vomiting are known symptoms of salt depletion.

I watched the first episode of this last night because of this board.

What the fuck is wrong with you guys? This shit is stupid

You found absolutely nothing enjoyable about it?

I wanted to fuck the rich girl. I get that part now

Mogi? you should keep watching user, you're in for a surprise

It's a dude, isn't it

What I am always amazed at is that Takumi broke a suspension joint lifting his wheel well over a berm, but this fuck survives multiple 4 foot drops onto the same single wheel.

No, although that would only make it better.

>inb4 faggot

It's a joke

>It's a joke
Sure, faggot

No, we need an edit where he lands, the suspension shatters, and he spins into the guardrail with Takumi giving him that same blank stare.

Should try to avoid posting next time

Anything past 1st stage is shiiiiit.

>Dumb slut finding out Tak is secretly master illegal street racer is my canon ending.

But then you miss Keisuke's ascension to THE TOP

>Literally says Fujiwara Tofu on the side
>somehow people have no idea who or where this downhill expert is
Bunta let him street races for free advertising desu

Look at how shitty the writing on that radio is.

This is actually true though

the shinigami vs ryosuke race was probably my favorite

It was a very nice change of pace, I liked it a lot

>not dagumi dumping dumb slut and suffocating in sayuki's rockin' tits

>free advertisement
>has literally two buyers, lake akina hotel people and Iketani
and this guy has a spot on the commerce council

>Watching Ep1 of Gundam Wing about 5 min ago.
>Zechs Merquise shows up.
>"I recognize this fucking voice..."
>Same voice actor as Ryosuke.

Makes sense I guess.

Well he's raking enough dough in to buy Takumi a new set of tires after he wrecks them every night drifting so he must be doing something well

Iketani drowns his sorrows in fried tofu, Bunta actually makes more sales from him than he does from the resort.

Tfw bunta makes more money betting on illegal street racing than from tofu.

>Bunta's whole plan from the start was to build the ultimate sleeper so that everyone betting would underestimate that piece of shit despite of it beating every single car it ever encountered