Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HPCgr0NmiB4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Echo!

...echo...echo......echo...

I'd swap the engine for an LS1

0-140kmh
youtube.com/watch?v=HPCgr0NmiB4

I'd like it as a second car to my E39 to take to drive to the station and other errands, nice car the E34s and the 518 is actually no joke

no. Unless it's an M bimmers are pigfat luxury landbarges.
I'd rather save money instead of buying the cheapest rwd car possible.

lmao

if they shoved the engine back to the firewall it'd be a pretty good handling car

honestly
I drive an mrs and I've not had a single bimmer keep up on me in the twisties or in 0-60.
But they make unrivalred track cars due to their cheapness and ubiquity. And once stripped out and reinforced a bit, an e30 will handle very, very, very well.

If you're a half decent driver it wouldnt even be hard to shake a novice in an M2 desu

It looks so lonely in there :c

>518
AHAHAHAHAHAHA What a faggot.

You need to budget for front end parts. Meyle HD or Lemforder is a must unless you want to replace shit after only 10-20k. But they are very nice to work on and excellent long-distance travelers. The slow steering makes driving them around tighter parts town a bit of a chore unless you jam a palm on the wheel lke you're driving a bus.

Any E34 is totally dependent on how well it's been cared for at this point. They are not hard to service, but they must be serviced or shit goes shitty really fast.

>Guy next door has a E34 wagon
>bit crusty round the edges, slightly lowered and on BMW alloys
>Also has a couple of vintage BMWs, this one is his winter beater with kiddie seat in the back etc..
>walk by as he refills coolant
>see it's a four pot, think: huh, turns out they made 518s.
>Onwed a 200E before, so I can imagine how slow this thing is
>Porbably good on fuel I guess
>walk past, say hi
>as I look back I realise there is another cylinder head on the right

Dude dailies a manual 540 wagon, good for him.
Kinda suprised now that 518s actually exist.

Somebody needs to do a backwards engine swap one day, something like a 716Li kek

As someone who moved from working on motorcycle to cars, this is kinda appealing.
Friend of mine has an Opel Omega, it's kinda similar. Lot's of room for activities
Omega Bs actually have a 50/50 weight distribution btw

friend of mine own 518 and 728. really weird engine I know, I ask did u refuel a lot on this and how fast it can go? he said the fuel consumption are godlike but really slow, he do a lot touring desu those stupidly big fuel tank he rarely refuel.

Faster than I expected it to be

If you're stuck on getting a 1.8L then get an E30 instead. The little 4 pots are happy in the 3 series but struggle a bit for pushing the extra mass in an E34. If you're only considering E34s then at least get one with an M30.

i would rather a 535i becaue m30 engine

This

>114 hp
I wouldn't take any E34 below 530i.

yes, they cruise just fine

If it could make to 60 first.

Thank god they never sold them here in the states.