Hey Veeky Forums my first post here and I have a question for you because it has been killing me for some time now

Hey Veeky Forums my first post here and I have a question for you because it has been killing me for some time now.

I've heard from a friend of mine, who's dad had a new (straight out of the dealer New) mercedes Benz, that it was low quality. All the shit inside was constantly breaking down, from the engine to the seats in like 2 years from the purchase. So he went to the store again, and they offered him a deal:
You give us your shit quality car back and we give you a 50% discount on a new one you buy.

And he obviously agreed. Friend explained me that they want to protect their trade mark so hard that if something like this happens they offer you some extra shit just to cover it up.

Ever heard of it? I want to have cheap new Mercedes too

Pic not releated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XV9rJwEOCus
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bumporo

>ever heard of it
No, not in this extend
It's commonly know that mercedes will spend a certain amount of money for customer satisfaction depending on the segment of the car, but that reaches up to 3k. If you are a long time customer and this is your 14th mercedes and the first time they let you down, some quality manager maybe come up with a more drastic offers. It's an individual case built up over years, nothing you could pull off.

sadly this happens a lot. mercedes, and other german cars are notorious for being fragile. new, used, really very common.

buy a lexus

Ah yes, you're now ready to take the scotty kilmer pill
youtu.be/XV9rJwEOCus

So never heard of it going to the 50% amount?

And any other offers from quality managers you heard of?

Look up trade value of the said Car. They might just low ball the “bad” one.
I never trust dealerships, specially if they offer something out of “goodness” of their hearts.

oh i might have used a wrong word.

When I said 'dealership' i meant the original, manufacturer. I dont know how to put it in other words. Like, the official seller of Mercedes

or even the company itself.

Bump

I'm pretty sure it never happened. At least the part about being offered an absurd discount. The breaking down part is utterly believable.

People will tell all kinds of fucked up stories that make themselves look good. Especially when it comes to money. Unfortunately, without access to the details of the deal all you can do is smile and say something along the lines of "Isn't that nice" while inwardly calling bullshit on the whole story. Anything else just looks like sour grapes on your part.

Well the source is actually pretty trustworthy. I've just heard the company doesn't go around talking about it much because they want to protect their tm

No, the only up the amount they spend on fixing the car you already have and give you some sort of compensation like fancy tickets, a watch or expensive sunglasses. The only scenario I can think of where the new car would be 50% is if they offer a buyback of the old car (like a c-class) and put the money towards something like an s-class. Or they had something like a short-term lease in the garage, 3-6 months old and "like new". Otherwise his dad could just buy an s-class maybach edition for 50% off and sell it the second he drives of the parking lot and make like 50-100k off of it.

Literally every single dealership does this dude. Jesus, what are you, 15?

have you ever witnessed such a deal? how did it happen

dude help

Well I guess it's possible but I have no idea where to ask for such stuff

It wouldn't be surprising. They offer special deals for used cars over hear. For example cheap parts or cheap labor. Mercedes is probably the only brand that cares about their cars reputation.

This never happens. No way. I call bullshit.

Mercedes-Benz would NEVER discount one of their new cars 50 percent. Not going to happen. And I say that as a loyal Mercedes-Benz customer for years.

At the very best, he got a good trade in price on his 2-year old car and it amounted to 50 percent of the cost of whatever he bought new. Easy to do with a Mercedes-Benz if you drop one class when you do it (2 year old S-class to new top of the line E-class for instance.)

yeah ive heard that they threatened the mercedes with going around media and telling everyone that this new car they go straight from mercedes broke down in 2 years

so to protect their name they discounted a new one for the guy and then took the broken one from him.

Ever heard of it?

you got lied to OP stop pretending

My dad had a Saturn in the 90s he purchased new, and the engine block cracked out of warranty. The car had 40k miles iirc. He wrote a letter to Saturn and they sent him a check for $2k.