Brake Checking

Why do this?

"Oh, this asshole is annoying me/tailgating me. I know! I'll quickly slam on my brakes on someone going 65+ and try to make him rear end me. Perfect!"

.t tailgater

Well, where I live
>people who rear end another vehicle are always at fault, no matter what
>lose 4 years of discounts on insurance, ~20%
>big penalties on repairs
But there is literally no reason to tailgate/rear end someone. The only excuse is you were negligent or weren't paying attention.

I only tailgate if someone is driving too slow in a passing lane on a highway. Not once have I tailgated anywhere else.

Besides that. Two wrongs don't make a right. Just because someone is tailgating you doesn't justify brake checking. I've been tailgated numerous times. My reaction isn't to slam on my brakes.
It's either, Speed up or get out the way.

Also. If I weren't paying attention, I would have rear ended someone brake checking me.
Was able to avoid it because I pay attention.

>not just blasting your pursuer with your windshield washer until it's empty

I drop gears and engine brake until I'm idling along at walking pace, at which point they start honking their horn and then finally overtake.

I'm not the moral police here, I'm just explaining that where I live, auto-collisions are dealt with directly through insurance, and they don't care about "brake checking" as it comes down to he-said-she-said, can't be proven. Additionally, the law explains that you have no excuse to rear end another vehicle. So, the answer to the question "Why brake check?" is simple. You're gonna get fucked for your shitty behavior and the other person won't. Aside from cosmetic damage, of course, but you'll be paying for it.

>not blasting the slow fuck in front of you with your reversed window washer

tailgaters bring it on themselves, you know that keeping distance is a primary rule of driving

this

The only time I brake check people is if I pass someone who is going slower than me (I usually go 5-8mph over) and then they floor it after I pass and start riding my ass.

Dude, you were going slower, now fuck off

>I'm driving down this dark road with forest on either side, where an animal could come out and hit the driver in front of me and cause a major accident
>better drive as close to this guy as I can

Tailgaters are scum
OP is a faggot

>as it comes down to he-said-she-said, can't be proven.
It's fucking 2017. If you don't have a dashcam in your car and lose an insurance claim because of this you're retarded

yup im a 3rd world fag and even i have a dashcam. its a piece of shit but it is good enough to record the idiots

Seriously they are like $20. Get one from china that you can't even understand. As long as it records video in high enough quality you are fine

I just throw spent steel case ammunition casings out my sunroof.

Tailgaters and brake checkers are both scum. If you're annoyed by one and not the other, you are a prick.

fellow ak/sks owner detected

I just revmatch downshift and wait for them to hit me or realize im slowing down

Brb ordering IR lights to blind other people's dashcams.
Also dashcams for me.
With a bit of luck I'm gonna make enough money getting my shitbox rear ended over and over to buy a bike.