Miata wheels

I'm building a Miata track car and I want to know what Veeky Forums thinks is the best wheel option for a Mk1. I've been looking at your OG TE37s and also Enkei RPF1s, but neither really get me going. If I'm going to be spending THAT much money, I want it to count.

I was going to say RPF1s, but...
Do you have a weight you're trying to stay under?

Bassett Racing wheels.

They're the lightest option, 3 pounds lighter than the Enkei, per corner, and they are over a hundred dollars cheaper, per corner.

They also don't show off how pathetic your brakes are as much.

949 racing 6ul. They're around 200 bucks tops and come in sizes up to 15x11. Check out Phil Robles eg civic

tire rack has a decent clone of the rpf1
only a bit heavier
and WAY less expensive

team Dynamics and konig makes decent, cheap, light wheels too
something like would be a great choice too being light, cheap, and having a ton of sizes to choose from

949s are great too

Not particularly, I'm not competing just yet.
Tempting...do they do any other colours?
I've never heard of that make, but they sure look good. I'll take a look.
I'll check them out

eneki rpf1's are the lightest wheels lmao

I never said they weren't, I'm just looking for alternatives. That, and the fact that they have been done to death.

and for a good reason, but another thing is stop worrying about other people's cars. It sounds like you are building a car for instagram the way you want to be "#different".

"DUDE EVERYONE HAS TE37's anf RPF1's"

*buys rota grids*

I was looking at these for my miat also, I always figured they were much heavier.

oem ones

they are heavier

>building track car
>wants to use wider tires
>you suggest that he usees OEM wheels

fucking idiot

Haha, not the case. I'm just trying to find other options that I may not have thought of. Also, Rotas are ass.
Too skinny, heavy and ugly.

miatas are slow on track unless turboed or v8 swapped.

What exactly makes TE37's worth like 4k for a set compared to other wheels? I don't know anything about wheels or any brands or good cheaper options etc.

Where are you getting charged that much for a set? I'm seeing them for £1500~

I think I saw it on some website, I don't really know where to find these sorts of things.

I just spent a bit more time looking and found them for $400 each which is better than I expected. Not that I have a car worth putting those on though.

get some used wheels for cheap

I don't know anything about wheels, just used volks, or is there other brands I should look at? Probably will be lame though since my next car is probably gonna be a 7th gen civic coupe.

Does anyone here run Bassetts, like actually? I've been looking at a set of 15x8 DOT-approved ones for a foxbody Mustang but it's hard to find reviews from people who actually street them.

Konig Heliums, Rota Slipstreams, these

p.s. i have slipstreams on my autocross na

>Tempting...do they do any other colours?
Powder coat or paint them brodie

>track car

OEM alloys until you stop getting faster laptimes.

Black or chrome.