/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Mistakes into miracles edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Extended footage: mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31388446
↳Blurry demo footage: u.nya.is/fzyrht.mp4 | mega.nz/#!XtAyQabZ!cpb1tCm8embSW0EwwSAZ9M05AuFJCl9k0JhPIq5J1Uo

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

First for Switch Axe

Second for Insect Glaive

Third for Greatsword is Great.

Fourth for cute Zin huntresses.

>Metal Rath "hoo I hope you have purple sharpness in HR"
Is there anything worse than the rath making a small adjustment and you bounce with white sharpness and get locked down into an attack? Am I just fucking terrible?

6th for CLIMBING AEDs

*blocks your path*

user! Don't forget to brush your teeth before bed!

you pretty much need bounce protection. And hone your superman dive skills

Poogie better be in World

What game are you playing?

Try getting Steve armor if it's 4U or Gen, I think it gives constitution and your attacks won't bounce and it makes the metal raths much more tolerable until you get better stuff.

If it's 3U...well, time to git gud, my man.

>shitters giving advice

It's not really worth making a mind's eye set since I only need like 4 rath gleam. I didn't cart but it took me like 30 minutes of bitching out. And I didn't get anything to compensate.

*Baahs your path*

the first showing had
>GS and he witched to longsword after he quick travelled home

>second preview that had multiplayer was lance, GS and Bow and the GS user still switched out to a LS.
i think that was in the leaked footage too?

>3rd was dual blade
maybe the best weapon i saw, it was faster than the normal db skill set and had 2 stances, i dont know who was playing but he could basically reverse his blades like a ninja style, i think you get to see this one the 20th.

Do we know how drop-in multiplayer will affect monster's health yet?

MHXX fucking bouncing is driving me crazy

All right, so we got people's 5 favorite monsters, how about 5 least favorite monsters?

1. Kirin
2. Dreadking
3. Gammoth
4. Shogun ceanataur
5. Goldian

XX I have a mixed HR Rath set that has AuM, Tenderizer and Razor Sharp and the hyper Lagi weapon that has decent white sharpness.

>An ordinary man in a dead end job discovers that he is actually the descendant of an ancient hero. He must travel to a mystical world to train to become a Monster Hunter, before the mythical creatures from that world destroy ours.

>It’s on the level of like a Star Wars movie, in terms of world creation. There are no real central characters so it’s a bit like when we first approached Resident Evil and imposed our own characters and story on that world. I think this is a perfect IP for us to do exactly that same thing again. The Monster Hunter world includes these huge deserts that make the Gobi Desert look like a sandbox, and they have ships that sail through the sand. These full-on galleons, but rather than sailing on the ocean waves, they sail through waves of sand.

>You’re fighting these giant creatures, some as big as a city block. They live underneath the Earth and when they burst out, it’s like the best of Dune. You also have these flying dragons, giant spiders, the most wonderful creatures. That’s what really attracted me. I felt there was a fresh, exciting world that we could expose and build a whole world around, like a Marvel or Star Wars universe. Everything is about world creation, nowadays, and how can you build a world where you can have multiple stories going on? I thought this was our opportunity to have a cinematic universe.

>The central characters are very relatable American characters. You take a person from the ordinary world who thinks they’re in a dead end job, they have no future, they feel like their life’s a failure, it’s going nowhere, like Keanu Reeves in The Matrix. It’s about a normal American who gets dragged into this parallel world, this Monster Hunter world. Then eventually the parallel world ends up coming to our world. So you have the creatures from the Monster Hunter world invading our world.

What asspull made the monsters immune to conventional weaponry?

This is worse than erotic fantasies Anons have left here in pastebins.

MP doesn't affect monster health based on player count anyway, right?

I'm assuming they will separate into village and MP quests and MP monsters will have more. The drop-in thing makes me think you can call some hunters to help during the quest or beforehand, probably so that if newer players feel overwhelmed solo, they can call backup if necessary.

I wouldn't make a mind's eye set, just use switch axe or greatsword or something

1. Gravios
2. Lavasioth
3. Plesioth
4. Cephadrome
5. Khezu

Will the NA version of double cross be dead on arrival? Meaning no players

Something about the properties of Rathalosium and Magalium shells.

>MP doesn't affect monster health based on player count anyway, right?
I-it doesn't? Have I been misled all this time?

>no real central characters
What about the ordinary guy?

>build a whole world around
NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOO

Anybody who played gen will just play XX so no.

>on the level of like a Star Wars movie, in terms of world creation
Sequels! $$$
>no real central characters
Spinoffs! $$$
>central characters are very relatable American characters
Shit!

Is Guild GS still the go to? I can't use SA for the life of me.

1. shogun ceanataur
2. shogun ceanataur
3. shogun ceanataur
4. shogun ceanataur
5. shogun ceanataur

There aren't separate village and MP quests.

I would assume it doesn't.

Gotta keep things easy

Blood splatter is still in also

IVORY
Gen 4 Daora
Glacial Agnaktor
Black Gravios
Alatreon

I might not understand what you're saying.

Say you have a monster with 5k hp in village. That monster then has 8k hp in MP with just 1 hunter. are you saying that with 3 or 4 hunters the monster's hp might be bumped up to 10k or something? Cause I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

My list is too long, so I'll shorten it down to every monster/fight in:

1. Gen/XX
2. Gen/XX
3. Gen/XX
4. Gen/XX
5. Gen/XX

You can't kill what's never happening.

yes, the monsters always have the same HP range regardless of the number of players. The HP range changes based on the quest, however.

[nervous laughter]

it doesn't scale as far as I know
Gathering Hall quests will have straight health increases/multipliers across the board because theyre scaled for 4-players always

>Nibelsnarf
>Cephadrome
"No."

khezu
gravios
silver los
cephadrome (hard to pick between this and plesioth, but I'll take broken hitboxes over chasing around a monster that doesn't want to fight for 20 minutes any day)
daora (in 4U)
I wouldn't know, I haven't used much GS in anime hunter

>LS got a vaulting attack
It's like a mix of two shitter weapons in one now.
>knocks you down with spirit combo
>heh, nothing personal kid
>je suis monte while running down the spirit gauge they just built up

1. Tama
2. Peco
3. Diablos
4. Mantis
5. Brachy

>trying to explain to someone across a language barrier about dps and using it when spirit is about to expire
It's gonna be a ride.

I must have gotten it mixed up with dark souls bosses that get more health when you summon, damn.

>Superior to the shitty pig
>Probably wont be seen again after Gen/XX
It hurts.

>Own a 3DS, PS4, and Switch
>Tfw the MHXX Switch version reveal got me way more hype than the MHW reveal

HOW IS TAMA YOUR LEAST FAVORITE MONSTER

g e t
o u t

Raths
Mizutsune
Dromes
Zinogre
Gravios

I might get the switch for mhxx, any pros and cons from your usage?

Diablos
Dreadking
Garuga
Astalos (mostly Azurestriker because lmao 5 ohko attacks)
Snowbaron/Redhelm/Crystalbeard (shitzones and not very fun fights in general)

Absolutely garbage taste

And tama is my least favorite monster too

You've been memed. Monster health doesn't scale with the number of people.

It's kind of boring.

*Glares*

Of my Switch? I actually really like it. I think the gimmick of it being both a handheld (Even though portability is an issue and it basically requires a carrying case) and a home console. I was surprised that the Joy-Cons felt as good as they did, though I spend most of my time using the Pro Controller, which is hands down one of if not the best controller on the market, and handheld mode, which I enjoy lying in my bed and getting comfy with. I can't say I have too many complains about it, other than the portability of it. It fits my hands quite well, though I could see some issues if your hands are bigger than normal.

>1. Kirin
>2. Lagiacrus
>3. Khezu
>4. Shogun ceanataur
>5. Goldian

>Tama
What, you bad or something? Its actually the least disgusting of the 4 of them and is about even or a little worse than Glavenus.

BUT IT'S STILL GOOD RIGHT? THAT'S NOT FLASHY AT ALL UNLIKE THOSE STUPID X AND XX MOVES AHAHA 4THAPLAYERS, DINO™

*I think the gimmick is great

1.Gigginox
2.Shogun ceanataur
3.Diablos and monoblos in one area
4.any poison spamming monster

wow dude you sure are mad

>plot is trying to redpill audiences into realizing games are escapism from the nwo globalist nightmare

Nigger raths are one my few "gun that shit" monsters.
Fuck that noise.

AND EVEN SO, the fuckers are obnoxious because devs decided to make the fucking legs a weakzone for gunners, so you have to be super careful to not trip your teammates.

At least I can scratch super raths's backs with pierce.

kek, haven't had a laugh this good in a while

*blocks dino™'s path*

Ahh, so this is dynamic hunting huh! Not bad....

For especially special Tigrexes

>It's another Hunt 2 Khezu's key quest

FUCK YOU

I don't know anything about gunning but I was going to make a G rank set since I got some decent normal up+5 000 charm, but this is just HR rath and I can't find people online to help.

>Vespoids will have the best AI in MHW
>Gunners will HATE him

*stops you from mining*
heh, nothing personnele... hunter..

1. The French
2. 3U Lagi
3. Gen Lagi
4. Volvidon
5. Gammoth

>Doesn't use dung bombs

>gun that shit
Please, don't make me remember my gunner days in Gen.

I still remember getting one shotted because Fagcom didn't give us proper armor to deal with Hyper Silver Raths

>we're back to cuteposting
I love /mhg/

All three piscine wyverns
Khezu
Rathalos and all versions of him
Zinogre
Nibelsnarf

1.ALL Deviants
2.ALL the Fated Five
3.Gypceros
4.Alatreon
5.4U Deviljho (Deviljho is actually my favourite monster)

There can never be enough Raths in this World™

This. Why do people like Lagi so much? Just an atrocious fight all around.
>b-but muh cool electricity nessie!
Cool electric monsters are a dime a dozen in MH, and Lagi ain't one of em.

I unironically agree but whoever touched windpress and Raths in 4th gen needs to go

>walk anywhere near a rathalos
>get stunned
>it instantly fireballs you, almost killing you and setting you on fire
This shit annoyed me so much.

Lagi is cool, underwater he's easy
Ivory and Gen Lagi are terrible

Hyper lagi has to be one of the worst fights in monster hunter.

I'll never accept people praising 4/4U, it ruined so many monsters.
At least Brachydios and Zinogre were better.

How exactly is clawing supposed to work on a Dualshock?

Anyone else going to download the JP version of XX SwitchKino? I think I might.

I hope there's a demo too.

Clawing only exists to separate subhumans who play portables from real people by having them be easily recognized from their deformed hands

Ever played MH1 on PS2?

>Gold Rathian in the air next to you
>you're in the sweetspot so it can't hit you with the straight or the twisty tailspin
>it instead just slams back down to windpress,
retakes off to windpress, then does the twisty tailspin while you're immobile for ~5 seconds
Worst fucking monster.

>Pellet shots
>Continue hunting like before.

Getting really fucking sick of faggots spamming them in Gen though. Faggots need to stay far the fuck away from my weaponfu and go back to the buguette stick.

Why would you claw on a dualshock instead of just using the second analogue stick?
As a bow user I Khezu is my favourite chill fight, it's just so easy!

samefag

That's the beautiful part, you don't have to.