/ovg/ - Initial D reference edition

>Previous Thread:

>Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
get-good.net

>Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

>Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

>Equipment Guide
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

>We're racing ARCA and Sega Rally on Saturdays! Check out our Google doc for more info.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/hXmJrJr
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1855179789
gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/clubid/1074107/
get-good.net/index.php?title=OVGGT6_SuperGT
gtplanet.net/forum/threads/bop-class-regulations-dtm-gt1-gt2-gt3-gt500-lmp900.346620/
gtplanet.net/content-leak-reveals-new-porsches-project-cars-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

/ovg/ Discord link
discord.gg/hXmJrJr

rertard

>mfw we actually out-perform F1 2017 unless it's an F1 race weekend

Also the PC sim community is woefully small and console sales are exponentially larger.

Will racing games ever top this?

k

"""""""we""""""""

Wait is this the blatant shilling thread?

BUY CADILLAC AND CHEVROLET VEHICLES AND CADILLAC AND CHEVROLET VEHICLE ACCESSORIES

BUY THE BEST NSX

>shilling a car that doesnt even have a modern equivalent
no its not a shilling thread even if j*mes is here

What real car looks the closest to this?

looks like a corvette GTP

The one it is

4agze is torquey (in comparison to standard) other than that not sure. If it is an a-series bolt pattern you could shop around d for bell housing adapters.

25% grade.

Good digits

Hey I got a couple FM7 questions
The homologation system seems lame, but is there just like a singleplayer free race mode that doesn't use that? And if so, can I make custom inter-divisional championships/races? And have they ever added more tracks as DLC or is it just cars?

I was super excited about Forza until i heard about the homologation system. what the fuck is even the point of having so many cars if you are restricted in how you can even use them. it was fun as fuck racing a GMC Typhoon against Honda NSXs on Suzuka in Forza 4. can't do that anymore because trucks HAVE to race with trucks and muscle cars have to race with muscle cars and nothing else. they want to encourage you to hop from car to car as oppose to sticking with just one go-to car but that's exactly what made Forza great. being able to stick with your favorite car only up to its physical limitations.

You also have to earn "collector tiers" in order to buy certain cars. if you have the money to buy a super car you need well the game won't let you do that until you buy a bunch of poorfag mobiles that you don't even want in a lower tier.

How they fucked this game up so fast after making it almost perfect in 4 is amazing.

Yes
Yes
Yes

>The homologation system seems lame, but is there just like a singleplayer free race mode that doesn't use that?
Yes, you can disable it for free races in SP and MP

im starting to think t10 shot themselves in the foot by locking off so many cars. i can see how it may be nice to have some cars be rare when dealing with progression and endgame content but are people still going to want to race those cars ?
i dont think id go back and do a series just to race a '15 xkr-s though i would have used it for one race had it been available and the same is true for a lot of cars.

>The homologation system seems lame
it is

>is there just like a singleplayer free race mode that doesn't use that?
yes

>can I make custom inter-divisional championships/races?
races yes. you can setup multiclass racing and specify division, handicaps(grip front/rear and power) or manually homologate the class by setting power, weight, drivetype, engine location, cylinders, make, model, country, years, and pi limits
this can be done for both groups individually

>have they ever added more tracks as DLC
only VIR as far as i know of and iirc it was bundled with cars

It sounds like they tried to listen to the incredibly idiotic Forza forums community, homologation sounds like something one of those autists would ask for because they cannot stand people racing inappropriate cars despite that being the entire point of the game.

This shit is why I had a track spec wrangler in fm4.

They actually implemented it to get rid of meme cars. Forza always had those cars that would dominate the leaderboards because they had some sort magic setup that made them instant win machines (FM4 was dominated by AWD Vipers), so they added some kind of restriction to make sure everyone had a fair chance at the leaderboards, making it more skill based. At the same time, they fucked up the career mode, killed sleepers and made Rivals a shell of what it used to be.

>we

>wuz

Stop blatantly shilling this game. Subtly shill it and more people will buy this god-tier game.

>FM4 was dominated by AWD Vipers
lmfao! what i odd ass setup.

>tfw drifting my Trueno is SRS
I'm starting to not suck.

*in SRS

>tfw circuit racing the Mercedes AMG GT like a mad cunt in pcars 2
>mfw it starts raining on the second to last lap

>lolis

desu they didnt need homologation when they could have tried to restructure the pi system

>everyone had a fair chance at the leaderboards
i havent looked at the leaderboards but i doubt this is the case. if anything other than the volvo is at the top of touring car leaderboards ill eat my shoes

>drift half of a NASCAR race
>1st place

There will always be meta cars, breaking down the game to classes just makes for individual metas. I recall the vw golf being top d class car it was the meta car to have

dude, the leaderboard cars ARE NOT what i'm talking about. I'm talking about shit like that '59 Caddy that was an absolute cornering monster if you made it A600 but was relatively balanced with other cars in those classes like Lotuses.

Another great start to an OVGRAGS race

Most of the field made it through turn 1 before the first caution

Friendly reminder that both laying back from the car in front and accelerating before the leader are restart violations

What?

can someone post turnleft strategy. is it fastest to stay high or low? is it even legal to go extra low on the flat?

You guys know you're supposed to go when the leader does right?
Sorry for clipping you RBDK

Fresh tires are magical. Line is almost always wide entry, as close to the apron as possible through the center, wide exit in ASRX.
Driving on the apron is legal everywhere but Daytona and Talladega.

>but Daytona and Talladega
interesting. is there a reason?

C O M M I T M E N T
O
N
E

It's a NASCAR/ARCA rule.
It was added for the 2001 Pepsi 400, but I don't think NASCAR was ever clear why it was made a rule. Supposedly to prevent dangerous passes.

Why do people play GT3 so god damn much

Another race with no green flag run longer than 5 laps

Wow its almost like catering to shitters and putting more emphasis on meme liveries makes the racing worse.

Basically because at those tracks instead of entering the corner from the outside of the track you have a line of cars running along the inside. So because everyone wants to try to get to the inside to make a pass dudes would block each other all the way to the grass or force it down on the apron so it turned into a game of chicken to try and get back on the track before the corner with the result of 20-30 cars getting junked spectacularly if it went wrong.

iRacing IndyCar always had a fun version of this because every goddamn track was a conga line around the bottom and there's no active enforcement but in real IndyCar you aren't allowed to use the apron at all on any track and a car coming back up from the apron can be protested for causing a crash on iRacing so you'd constantly get big junk from vigilantes refusing to let people back up on the track or slicing people off no matter why they end up down there because U NO APRON. Like here the two fucks in front of me ran into each other off of 4 and I dive to the inside to get clear of them and the one turns across 5 lanes to block me into the grass then claims he was justified because I had two wheels on the apron.

>DiRT is exclusively focused on rally
>PCars2 is 90% tarmac
>DiRT has inferior dirt/snow physics
Why is this allowed

NASCAR never had a problem with cars running on the apron back then. The Talladega race before it was implemented even had no wrecks and no cautions.

why do cars turn sharper through a tight turn in a lower gear even if you're traveling the same speed than in a higher gear?

Also, is ABS-on shitter mode or is it ok? fucking with the brake pedal to keep it from locking sucks.

>tfw

don't clip the candy canes in the ram runner. bad times.

Or fun times if you can control it.

So is there a list of cars that are crate exclusive?
I'm trying to get the Abarth Punto and am unsure if I'm wasting credits or not

If you're talking about fm7 then the car collection page shows the locked cars but I don't think anyone has a full idea of how it works outside of throwing credits at crates

senna pls

As far as I know none of the cars are actually crate EXCLUSIVE. If I understand what T10 said correctly you can buy the harder to find cars over time in the specialty dealer when the cars become available on there. You can also win them (or get steep discounts on them) upon leveling up

I know somebody junked it in turn 1 at Dega or Daytona at least once. But "no problems" is definitely not true, go watch the last few laps of the 2000 Winston 500 and you'll see Sr. doorbang two guys up the track to get back on the track, cars running through the grass, Jr. having to lift out then nearly pile up the field when he rejoins in turn 1 because he got hung out on the apron and a bunch of other stupidity. The weaving down the apron on the backstraight was especially bad because it meant that they were sometimes weaving around slow cars trying to get back to the pits or back up to speed.

It wasn't a formal rule yet but they started enforcing it at that caution free spring race, not after by the way. Sure as fuck not in the Busch race though, they were below the apron on the backstretch and all the way down to the tri-oval grass on the front.

Well shit. I'm currently level 80 so the game barely ever offers me lower than purple cars for leveling up
I just really want to finish out that Modern Hot Hatch category. The Punto, 2013 Clio, And Scirocco are the ones I'm missing and trying to get, both are common and uncommon rarity

MEET US TODAY ON OVGT6 SUPER GT
das rite
jabanese ricers
Sign up here docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1855179789
Join /OVGT6/ club gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/clubid/1074107/

GT500 class in just 4 races on the best 4 tracks
Penalty ballasts for each top 4 finish: 40 kg, 20 kg, 10 kg, 5 kg

TOMORROW RACE #1 @ SSR5 AND RACE #2 @ HURRDURRING GP

MOAR info:
get-good.net/index.php?title=OVGGT6_SuperGT

gtplanet.net/forum/threads/bop-class-regulations-dtm-gt1-gt2-gt3-gt500-lmp900.346620/

Yea you sound fucked

Fucking AI is always slamming into me so my cars are always damaged in screenshots.

could be worse I guess

iktf

So what tracks are being added in the DLCs?

>community liveries

When you're so desperate for money you """"reward""""" your community by """""letting them get their work in the game"""""""""""""""

Without breaking NDA, it's stuff people want.

This is a pretty good indication of what to expect.

gtplanet.net/content-leak-reveals-new-porsches-project-cars-2/

>Carrera GT

FINALLY
FUCK

Way too fucking many games these past few years just skip this car.

Give me a touge point-to-point and some more slow nipshit, I don't care really care about more racecars.

so tougeshit and road cars?

Is it seriously that hard to click a link?

>when you take your shilling so seriously even shitposts aren't safe
Jesus man.

I fucking know the feel, I usually have to take screens right at the beginning of a race because of it.

>using the M4 FE's stock livery
disgusting tbf

>tfw GT sport is launchabe
>tfw you can't do anything in it aside from look at the menu or look at random replays.

FUCK IT'S BEAUTIFUL THOUGH.

Why should I be excited about a LMP1-H car in a game that doesn't do even the slightest bit of hybrid simulation

Ehhhh I just switched to the car because the brakes on the hellcat I was using in the previous race might as well not even be there.

How much better would the Genesis be if it was RWD with a decent LSD stock ;_;

The only trim worth buying has an LSD stock

So much better desu.

FUCK I want to play this shit right now. The fact you can launch it and only sit at the menu right now or watch replays is such a fucking cock tease by PD and Sony.

Also FUCK you file size limit. Let me post my glorious 4K screenshots.

in the horizon games there's a button to reset visual damage, it's not in the motorsport ones?

just save them as jpeg you massive retard

They then look like shit

GT sport is going to be ass

Does GT sport even have a career/champonship?

Don't save them with mspaint and they look just fine

Good thing I have both Forza 7 and GT sport and am able to form my own opinions.

It has a basic SP mode that's more or less a tutorial, plus arcade mode for offline play, that's it.

Eh, saving them to my phone because it's easier to pull screenshots off the communities app.

I just use a USB drive desu, like on PS3

>all these games with pit stops and refueling
How much does it cost to get into actual circuit racing? I'm sick of realistic video games.

All my USB ports are taken up. One in back taken up by power for my headphone mixamp, left front taken by PSVR, and right front taken by external HDD

Shitbox racing was $1973 CDN for one season.

You can buy a track ready used kart for about $2000

If you're in the Nordic countries, going folk racing costs about €1500 including suit and helmet and car

Depends on locale.
Where do you live?