The CEO of the company I work at is coming to our office for a visit

The CEO of the company I work at is coming to our office for a visit.
I've been asked to him pick him up at the airport.
My boss and my boss's boss are stuck on the other side of the country because of flight delays, and aren't expected to make it back in time, which is why I've been tasked with this.

I plan to rent a car to pick him up in, since I don't want to do it in my shitbox.
I called the rental place and they said they have upper trim Accords and Passats for pretty cheap, or I can get a Mercedes E-class for about 50% more.
Apparently this dude is 6'7", so the car should be comfortable for a taller person to sit.

Please advise.

why doesn't he just call an uber?

>or I can get a Mercedes E-class for about 50% more.
Is your company paying for the rental? Because they should.

Trade your shitbox for a Yamaha R1. Pull into the lobby of the office on one wheel with the CEO on the back seat.

pick him up in your shitbox.

Don't get anything too flashy because you're ultimately spending their money. Go with the Passat.

get a van. like the other user said ya on company dime. and the van will be big enough for tallest dude

fukken this

but also

if boss is a snob, e class

otherwise passats are pretty nice

Have the company pay for a Turo rental and rent whatever you want.

The passat should be fine

Tell your boss about your plan and see if they'll compensate you for renting out a nicer car. If not, you can tell the CEO about it when he sits in your shitbox.

>rent exotic car
>Pick up CEO
>After hours of bewilderment the CEO addresses the elephant in the room
>What's the deal with this car?
>You get a smug smirk and lean over to him whispering
>bitcoin

Clean your shitbox and use it. If he complains or gives you a look, tell him that you need a pay rise to buy a better car.

I can see this as the start of a great sitcom.
Your boss is really into cars, so he keeps chatting to you on the ride over, thinking it's your car.
He's actually coming down to say they're moving their corporate office next door to where you work, and starting soon. So your CEO keeps asking you about cars, and eventually you go out and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on cars just to keep the CEO impressed.
Last episode is him driving himself to work one day, and he shows up in a prius.

this

clean it out properly
do not make it smell nice but also don't make it smell bad
also reattach muffler if youve pulled it out

Wacky!

Est

Well follow the line of your superiors, ask the person that told you to pick him up what car you should get, if he doesn't know ask his boss and so on, maybe even the ceo's secretary to get to know what his standards are.
Don't you have a single company car at your office? Like not even your boss's boss has a company car (which would be free when he is away)?

OP here.
I ended renting a Toyota Avalon. One of the guys that works at the rental place is 6'6, and he sat comfortably in the front seat, so I took it.

I made small talk on the way from the airport to the office and we stopped at a local diner for breakfast.
Apparently he drives a Golf GTI (he said he wrecked one in college, so his wife bought one for his birthday last year), so I feel a little like a moron going through all of this trouble to find a full-size sedan.

If I were told to pick up my CEO, I would just bring a spare helmet and suit.

He can ride bitch if the company is too cheap to supply me with a car or get a taxi for him.

A golf gti has a shitload of room for large persons tho, so your idea was quite good.

kek

Should have gone with the shitbox and talked Veeky Forums things. Glad it went well, though.