/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Dozed off during his date
>App 1.14, Regulation 1.35 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/3044845282383816896

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3OD9Ojta5q0
instaud.io/11Ey
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/212397
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/212404
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/212415
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I wanna run a pure physical build, but still have a weapon buff of some sort.

Is it better to invest in int for CMW, or to go faith for LB/DMB/DB?

Also which school will give me more utility? (Tears of Denial, Spook, etc).

thread reminder that deprived has been, and still the best starting class and anyone telling you otherwise is min/maxed SL120 'build' loving faggot

It's not worth going for spell-based buffs unless you go all the way to max caster stats. The strength of a buff is based on the spell buff of the catalyst used, and the spell buff is based on how much Int/Fai you have.

If you can only meet the base requirements for a buff, odds are that a resin/bundle will provide more damage without forcing you to invest in stats.

if you like using stronk weapons with buffs, level faith and str

The best buff in the game is magic shield.

>Scythe supposed to be king of spacing
>Can't space any straight swords because they all have retard phantom range

bravo

>can infinitely farm upgrade materials and weapon enhancements in bloodborne
>throw all that out the window with dark souls 3 even though they were being developed at the same time

Wtf I hate miyazaki now

Running a pure physical build with a dedicated spell weapon buff is kind of hard since you want 60 INT or FAI for maximum power buffs. 40 level ones are better then resins slightly but not enough to make the investment worth it. The best way to go is putting STR up to 26 and then your buff stat to 60 since that gives you 40 effective physical scaling two handed which is what makes buffed Bident so great along with its innate Faith scaling.

As far as which buff you want, CMW on a 60 INT Court Staff will technically outdamage a 60 Faith Yorshka's with DMB by 2 points of AR. 60 Faith Dark Blade is also a great option since most players are weakest to dark.

So how do you make buffs worthwhile? Just base stats for a weapon and then like 60 faith?

27 SP - Great Corvian Scythe 2H R1
18 SP - longsword 1H R1

You're just bad.

>can't outspace a straight sword with some of the longest R1s in the game

Try actually knowing the range of a straight sword.

>oceiros instant charges me in NG+7 for 75% of my HP with no prior attack

hehe epic boss x)

If I wanna run a Washing Pole CMW build (I know, but it's only for PvE), should I run 40 dex and 66 INT?

Only 60 INT.

Ideally, you use a buffable weapon that scales with your caster stat, like the SSS, Bident or Crucifix.

Come to think of it, I don't think there's a single buffable INT weapon.

More or less. That's the whole problem with spellsword/hybrid builds in DaS3, you need to put points into way too many areas in order for it to be worthwhile (Vigor to not die, Attunement for FP, Endurance for swinging your weapon and rolling, Vit if you're rolling a Str weapon that weighs a fuckton and that also requires armor for poise, Str and Dex for physical damage and casting speed, and Int and Fai for getting non-shitty buff values). So the only way to make it work and stay under SL120 is to just go pure caster and get baseline values for physical stats.

PChain helps with this a bit since even as a caster you can get 10 free levels in Vigor and Endurance. But the other problem is that casters also require a bunch of rings in order to maximize their damage output. So one ring slot that you spend on stats is one ring slot that you're not using to boost your spell damage.

Any user kind enough to donate me an Illusory Ring of the Conqueror? 1.9 mil SM on PS4.

>SL175
>still regularly getting invaded by red and blues
>still feel rewarded for completing content
>2 bonfires into Sunken King and having a blast
When is DS2 supposed to stop being fun?

>and stay under SL120
Is that the real problem here? That people decided to have the meta be 120 despite it not making any sense in this particular game and not actually being a high enough level to have finished builds?

Is ZeroLenny literally /ourboy/ ?

youtube.com/watch?v=3OD9Ojta5q0

some people argue SL120 is too high and encourages build homogenity

and since everyone can't decide if it's too high or too low, it's probably just right

But the only thing you can't farm is slabs, and you get more than you really need each NG cycle anyway.

You can finish builds at SL120. If you want, you can finish builds at SL80 too. Pure casters are pretty powerful as it is, if everybody could go full quality and pick a school of casting then build variety would go down the drain.

Old news

I mean, I like it, but it's old news

don't worry about the meta, matchmaking exists so if you invade or get invaded its by another person who needed more than 120 to finish their build.

I honestly stopped caring when I realized MANY people go beyond 120 for character reasons or just their preference.

>first trying Gwyn

His dedication and skills are beyond thine reach.

This buckler on my back is giving me eye cancer. I'm going hollow. Help.

>and since everyone can't decide if it's too high or too low, it's probably just right
:^J

>Can literally see myself gitting gud by doing hour after hour of invading

I can almost sort of fight most 1v2s now

Or maybe it's just because blues are REALLY bad

Blues are basically Hosts with half estus, no Ember HP bonus, and spawned across the map form the fight.

Blues are at a terrible disadvantage for the most part.

Probably because blues are shitters

I've only ever seen like three good ones in several hundred hours of play

A host + blue is like 1 v 1.5 at best

Big slow weapons benefit the least from buffs though since they swing slowly and have a hard time hitting people.

You're better off buffing a quick weapon to get the most out of your buff.

Propaned Greatsword or Lorian's?

Also can someone post the tier list, Im trying to find a fun quality weapon that is good
and isnt splitleaf

Propaned if you want more damage out of Leo poke counters, Lorian's for lower investment while still maintaining good damage.

If you want good quality weapons over half the weapons in the game still work fine on quality, the best pics are in the boss weapon greatswords.

>>Blues are at a terrible disadvantage
They still have it better than invaders.
>Invade
>It's another 3-4 man gank that are clearly communicating with each other via chat
Bonus points if the map's clear of enemies, not like anything in PVE poses a threat against 4 players anyway.

Heavy Corvian Scythe

There is objectively nothing wrong about this build.

>Twin Princes Greatsword
>Combine two powerful weapons to make a new, upgraded version
>Outside of having someone drop it for you, it requires you to beat the twin princes in the base game AND NG+
>it's worse than the originals

what did miyazaki mean by this

This is awful but here, have it.

instaud.io/11Ey

For the same number of levels invested and 2 handed, Sharp is easily better.

Heavy is better than refined at 40/40?

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/212397

Does this look decent enough for a immolation tinder build?
I dont mind going a bit over 120

No. Heavy infusion is useless for CGS.
40/40 refined gives you about the same value as 40/40 Sharp too, only giving it the advantage of ~20 more AR when 2 handed.
It's a dex weapon, not a quality one.

Seriously, why can't you get Gotthards early? Wouldn't that be a good reward for beating Dancer and Dragonslayer at low level?

Host is AFK

Should I kick him off the cliff or just farm blues?

>28 attunement

What the fuck user, that's way above the 24 of most casters and not even 30 for an extra slot. Drop it down to 24, that also puts you right at 125 to be at the high end of the general meta. If you want to go over might as well put the points in something more useful like VIT or END.

Also you need way more poise for the Tinder, with that amount you can't even tank a Straight Sword 1HR1 with a 2HR1. Drop the Greatsword of Judgement and just hotswap to it when you want to use it and get better armor. You want at least 21.43 poise to tank Curved Sword, Axe, Katana and Spear 2HR1s, and 27.04 if you want to tank running 2HR1s from all those weapons.

What is the blody point of the Corvian Scythe WA, anyway? I don't get it. A tiny bit of extra damage in exchange for being super parry bait.

No fun allowed.

The fact the whole archives is closed off is completely retarded and unnecessary.
There's a door right before Twin Princes that they could have locked instead.

It's for hyperarmor trading against ultras or other HA attacks, it's one of the best tools it has against Friede's Great Scythe WAR1 for example.

It has hyperarmour and massively increased range

He's saying Demon's Souls is shit

Here's a revised build with the highest poise you can get on that VIT without GSoJ.

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/212404

This should let you tank all the relevant small weapons while you have the range and spells to deal with greatswords and ultras. Also replaced GSA with Great Heavy Soul Arrow and Mercury with Great Farron Dart since those will be far more useful to you on average.

>Invading world as dark spirit...
>A connection error occured, returning to your world

If you're gonna pull the plug as soon as you get invaded why even play Dark Souls

My world my rules :)

Cucked by ALT+F4 true combo

Thanks so much! is the 27.04 the same for all halberds?

I really like being a Moundmaker, but why do people only summon me to duel?

Yes save for Dragonslayer Swordspear 2HR1s which are weaker and Crucifix of the Mad King which has Greatsword 2HR1/R2 poise health.

I think I'm starting to get the hang of scythe spacing, at least against anything except spears

>anything being worse than Lothric's

>See a guy with a washing pole
>Switch to my pontiff sword
>He claps

Hahaha yo

I so badly want to do a worker cosplay build with a pickaxe and four pronged plow on my back but its going to be so bad

I don't get it.

How does pontiff sword counter washing pole?

Does this look decent enough?
I really want to try out a strength build. I wanted to have an open face helmet type to see my face, but w/ this helm I get 30.75 poise.

i dont get it

See top tier weapon, switch to another top tier weapon

Otherwise I roll around with mid tier shit

>Splitleaf Cancer

It doesn't even matter

Fair enough.

I don't think weapon tiers matter at all unless you're talking about super high level MLG nolife PvP.

30.75 is enough for most small things you have to worry about with a halberd, for greatswords and above just outspace them.

Yeah but washing pole is a huge red flag

I've never seen a washing poler that doesn't just spam running R1s until he dies

Thanks
Really have only ever done caster builds.
Have another fashion setup that gives me 40 poise though.
Probably overkill, but definitely cool to have I think.

It seems like a fun weapon. I've seen people use the WA and it looks cool.

How is Washing Pole still top tier though? The running R1s were nerfed ages ago.

Went from hitting acros the map to merely hitting across a football field

The running R1s were barely nerfed and it got huge buffs to its regular R1 and Stance R1 attacks like every katana. 1HR1 Washing Poles have even more insane range than they did pre-TRC, and with the Sharp infusion changes an 80 Dex Pole will have barely any less damage than the Chaos Blade without any of the latters weaknesses such as not hurting yourself on hit and being buffable.

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/212415

So I revised a few things. Fashion and a few other things in mind.
Do you think this setup would do nicely?
I am thinking I could have a lothric sword infused crystal as a backup weapon. Maybe a rapier of some sorts also. But switch as needed.

That looks good, I would swap Farron Dart back to Great Farron Dart though, there's no reason really to use the regular version since GFD is so cheap in FP cost as is.

>start using uchi on Str build
>fighting buffed pole
>they running r1 into my parry
No one really expects a katana user to actually use their WA, huh?

Oh, good catch.
I was thinking may as well equip crown of dusk also.
Just re slot it to something else against a magic opponent.
Thanks again. Should be a fun time.

Crown of Dusk would be a good idea since you don't have Young Dragon Ring, I hate using it because it looks awful on any non-female character but practically speaking it pairs well with Tinder + Scholar stick.

dead again is shit even as a pure PvE spell, the range is short as fuck, it's literally only for trolling in the graveyard of the deep

>Corvian Scythe WA
>Enemies go under it when they use spin WAs

This is bullshit

god fucking damn it every time the fucking frame I raise my foot he lowers his shield and begins attacking

>the only reason to ever use the Gnawing spells is for the bleed, the scaling Dark damage is piss poor
>Deep Protection doesn't scale its bonuses based on spellbuff
>Dark Blade only uses Miracle spellbuff so you can't use Caitha's to buff with it and get insane damage output
>Lifehunt Scythe fucking sucks even if you cast it in the middle of a bunch of mobs
>Vow of Silence doesn't reduce the duration on self based on spellbuff
As someone whose first DaS2 character was a Hexer, I am mightily pissed at how shitty they are in this game.

It is possible to guard-break them, but you need to be super fast about it since they don't keep their shields up for long. And since it's a greatshield you also need either Horse**of or K***ht Slayer's in order to break it in one kick.

>tfw small penis

What weapon would confidently compensate for this major flaw, in both PvE and PvP?

broken short sword

Profaned
Washing Pole
Exile Curved Sword
Any hammer.

Fume Ultra Greatsword

>tons of set up
>tons of fp
>300~dmg
my sides

Splitleaf, Gael's GS, Crucifix, Washing Pole

That's right user, nobody uses the edgy Katana sheathed stance with weebrush and parry montage options. You are truly a unique spectacle.

Because they coded that way. They've a random chance of triggering an attack the instant you do something, so going for a kick when they're holding the shield up isn't reliable. Just 2 hand something of straightsword or heavier weight, and plow through the shield to stunlock or riposte them.

do corvians drop their weapons? I heard they do but this is the 20th shriving stone i've gotten and i'm starting to doubt they drop anything else

yes
the ones in the road of sacrifices after the Outrider knight?

i got the corvian knife, the scythe, and the staff from them

>pyro is the worst class for every fire embedded weapon because none of them scale with those stats
uh??????
Does this mean that there is officially only one starting class?(Knight)

Deprived for pure fun

>SL 141
please leave

Is the Heavy Crossbow or Knight's Crossbow better?

Avelyn requires me to pump up my DEX, and the Arbalest is fucking hideous.

post your build and loadout