I legit wish we could govern all vehicles to 120 mph. I enjoy most of the automotive community...

I legit wish we could govern all vehicles to 120 mph. I enjoy most of the automotive community, almost every separate section of it, but I sincerely feel like there should be some sort of special registration for vehicles to have their governors removed after 120 or so.

Don't get me wrong, if I'm driving from New Mexico to California or something and I see a long, empty stretch of road with no other cars for miles, I'll let my car open up a bit. You're going like 30 miles without another car in sight, sometimes more, even I've let my car get up to 115 in those conditions. I usually keep it around 95 though.

It's just these fucking teenagers that get a hold of 500+ horsepower mini-monsters that run over 160mph that piss me off. You'll see them on long stretches of road hitting 180, or swerving in and out of city highway traffic at 120. I saw some shit like that recently that got me thinking, what if we nationally just had some sort of rule that didn't allow anyone under the age of 21 to buy, own, or operate a vehicle that isn't governed to ~115 mph, unless you have some sort of proof that your vehicle (and added insurance) will be used as a form of racing/sporting car.

I don't mind car enthusiasts that let their engines roar on open highways, it's whatever. But some 16 year old driving a >2000lb vehicle at 140 like he's a professional racer and slamming into some family sedan isn't acceptable.

So question for Veeky Forums. Am I alone in thinking if you're under 21 you should be limited to the kind of car you can own/operate? Maybe another sort of scanner that can read your driver's license and govern the engine of future cars depending on your age? I get someone could steal their mom's license, but hear me out. If you're under 18, no driving over 75 mph. If you're under 21, no driving over 115.

Can we have similar legislation for baby boomers?

Here's another idea: Parents could actually teach their goddamn children not to do stupid shit in populated areas, and not buy them new Hellcats if their kids are especially stupid little shits.

You can't expect parents to raise their children properly in modern society. You also can't expect rich parents not to want to buy their kids bullshit they don't need. My old coworker wanted an old civic or corolla when he turned 16, his parents bought him a 370Z instead because they didn't want their son looking poor or some shit. He didn't want nor ask for it, they just had to spoil their kid. I get it, many parents want their kids to have awesome shit they didn't have, but come on.

if people weren't retarded this would work

This. Wanting the government to tell me not to do something doesn't sit right with me.

>Wanting the government to tell me not to do something doesn't sit right with me.
>what are speed limits
>what is a driver's license
>what is insurance
>what is smog checking
>what is having rules of the road
>what is etc. etc. etc.
They already tell you everything about driving. This would just be telling kids they can't own or operate vehicles that go 400km/h so they don't end up doing retarded shit.

That applies to the parents themselves, too. It's wealth creep, it's been getting me for 15 years now.

fuck off leftie.

>T. 16 year old wannabe racer
Maybe if daddy didn't buy you a hellcat you wouldn't give a shit about this thread.

>t. literal faggot who wants big daddy government to fuck his ass

see
They already govern literally everything you do on the road, and for good reason. Go ahead, own all the guns you want, but don't tell me a child should be allowed to get behind the wheel of a supercharged vehicle that can kill other innocent drivers on the road because they want to be cool and edgy.

Why is your arbitrary definition of safety the one we need to comply with? It's probably safer to put everyone under the age of 18 in a chastity belt. Should we do that too?

>It's ok. They already regulate almost all of it!
just fuck off retard

This is already sort of the law in france: the first 3 years you have your driving licence you're supposed to do 80kmh instead of 90, or 100 instead of 110, and 110 instead of 130

Of course no one cares, not even the police and the first thing i did when i bought a car that was not painfully slow was accelerate to top speed

That user worded it poorly, but there's a difference between guidelines to follow and physical limitations. Would rather just have guidelines.

Governments love making laws. They don't like getting rid of them. Once you give up a liberty, getting it back is nearly impossible.

WTF BAN ASSAULT SUPERCHARGERS

>underaged newfags try to argue why they should be allowed to drive any speed they want
Just wait until you're 21 guys it's not that hard. Government isn't even regulating anything in this hypothetical unless you're a fucking child, so calm down.

>getting btfo
>>you underage children! calm down! it's just a hypothetical!
typical retard behavior.

Post car with bread on hood busridah

>having an online discussion about a hypothetical law that would limit ((children)) to the kind of vehicles they could operate
>getting btfo
Sorry kiddo, maybe next time.

Really though, who cares? I've been on board with the majority of Veeky Forums on the concept that the minimum age to have a driver's license should be 18. This would just be regulating how fast a car could operate, just put a governor on it, they can still drive. It's literally less restrictive and yet people are getting booty blasted for no fucking reason.

Just deport all Chinks.

I legit wish we could raise the speed limit for all vehicles to 120 mph.

>giving 16 year olds licenses in the first place

here in crocodile land we get our "learners permit" at 16- where we are only allowed to drive with a full licence holder instructing us, our "probationary licence 1" or P's for short at 18- where we have to display red P plates in our windows, can only drive cars with less than 130kw per ton or something (basically no turbo cars or hoon cars), can only take one peer passenger we're not related to (people under 21 iirc), and in some states can only legally go 90km/h. We then move onto our P2 licence where we show green P plates and can carry more passengers, but still can't drive higher powered cars.
You'd probably like this OP, and it seems to work well though it does kinda suck when you have to go through it google "aus P plate restictions" if you want more info

>Having a candy corn shaped head

>Be madcunt
>Live in open speed limit area
Lmaoing at speedlets itt lololollolollllolllollolool

We have tiered motorcycle licenses here in yurup.

Well, guess what, every kid gets the A2-48 hp license done, then buys a """"restricted""" 600 sport. Do you really think any of these bikes do these 48 horsepower?

I got my car from that same exact dealership in vegas.

How was the service? Regardless of OP pic I see a CPO'd 2015 Accord I wanted to pick up, since I'm paying cash I feel like I can get away with getting it for cheap.

We should do what Japan does where the car is governed to 112mph or so (really it should be 90, since TX SH130 has the highest speed limit of 85) and then it opens up when you're on a track.

move to aus

What's worse? A speedlet, or a brainlet driving a Mustang?

Nothing compares to a speedlets.
Also
>imblying I could afford a mustang