>miata questions and answers
>miata hair styling tips and tricks

FAQ:
can I fit?
>yes i am 7'2" and fit easily

can I daily drive one?
>yes most people can daily drive a miata no problem

even in the snow?
>yes miatas can drive very well in the snow. the light weight of the vehicle improves traction

Last thread: →

Other urls found in this thread:

gumtree.com/p/mazda/mazda-mx5-eunos-/1267418671
prioritymazdaparts.com/timing-belt-water-pump-kits-2001-2005-miata-non-turbo-w-ac-and-w-ps-timing-belt-water-pump-kit-pkmk013?parent=1001
gumtree.com/p/mazda/mazda-mx5/1269599451
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>waiting for years for a miat with telescopic steering wheel
>sit in an ND
>still none

What the fuck
In a car with a snug interior how is this not the first feature they think of

thoughts?

gumtree.com/p/mazda/mazda-mx5-eunos-/1267418671

Where do I get good wheels in Germany? Am I doomed to fix my air leaking OEM wheels with baked on brake dust?

>>>>>>>miata

Usually you can get a good enough fit by playing with seat and positioning and wheel tilt, unless you have some freakish combination of long legs and short arms, in which case Mazda just doesn't care.
Needs fuzzy HIV balls with rotato cutaway

wagwan lads

excuse my dirty bitch

>find beautiful rust free NA
>good price
>clean
>low miles
>stock
>......automatic
>mfw

Can we fast forward a few years to where my truck is paid off and these are a cheaper? That would be great, thanks

Looking to buy a NA Miata, anything special i need to keep in Mind? Whats a good price range?

$3k-$6k

it all depends on your location, the shape its in, mileage, etc. do some research on the internet. This info isn't hard to find.

How do I rust-proof my NA for a mild winter?

google.

So you're one of those manly fags?

>paid off
>he fell for the financing jew

Is it possible to convert an automatic NA to a manual?
There's a beautiful, clean one near me except its a fucking auto. Wouldn't mind a high price for conversion because the price is so low due to it being an auto

What qualifies as a good wheel to you?

Just get an older Miat then.

>Is it possible to convert an automatic NA to a manual?

Maybe you should google it? You just asked a very stupid question, like actually think about what you just asked.

bitch

If you're paying $4-6k for a Miata you're getting ripped off

look for $1k-$3k

I have an NB2 and haven't been driving it much lately.

I've noticed that the coolant level in the expansion tank is dropping, I have to fill it every few weeks. Should I just get this kit and get to work? prioritymazdaparts.com/timing-belt-water-pump-kits-2001-2005-miata-non-turbo-w-ac-and-w-ps-timing-belt-water-pump-kit-pkmk013?parent=1001

I've never done a timing belt change before (and my car has 130k miles and might be on the original timing belt), is it something you think someone with average mechanical ability could do? I've replaced waterpumps on my BMW and can follow DIY guides.

>I've replaced waterpumps on my BMW and can follow DIY guides.
Yes, you can do it. Get some kind of (Hayne's) manual where it's described because it's inconvenient to do it while skipping through a Youtube video though. You also need to look up a couple torque specs.

Yes. From what I've heard it's not too bad compared to other cars.

You probably aren't on the original belt, they're supposed to be changed at 75,000 and if they car had dealer work in that time they definitely changed it. Still, at 130k you probably need a new one. Take the timing cover off and just inspect the belt for cracks while you replace the water pump. If you see even the tiniest split or degradation in the rubber, replace it. Since you'll be replacing the water pump anyway you'll want to drain and remove the coolant from the car, and when you put it back you'll need to burp the system, or you'll be really confused when you think it's full but all the fluid in the expansion tank disappears after driving for a while.

If the expansion tank level is dropping while the car isn't moving, check and replace the coolant lines and clamps too.

Get a cam holding tool before you do the timing belt, or do the belt slicing trick: cut the original belt down its length so it splits in half, then pull half off the engine. Slide the new belt on next to the cut belt, then cut the old belt completely apart and remove it. Slide the new belt on the rest of the way and you're done.

This works as well

What do you guys think of this?

I don't know if I would grow to love or hate the colour..

>>yes i am 7'2" and fit easily

lmao

What are these wheels and do they come in bronze?

I want these on my Emerald Mica NB

bruh, just swap it

?

the transmission

find a 5-speed transmission from a junker for $300 and put it in

Looking to buy a brand new small roadster.

Whats the popular opinion on the Miata RF?
All the old poorly kept miatas turn me off, desu

Peopel who bought the RF seem to like it. Not all old Miatas are poorly kept though.

Is the 1.6 terribly less powered than the 1.8? so many clean 1.6L in my area and no 1.8. Was waiting for a 1.8 but I'm getting impatient.

If its not super noticeable then I'm good

An adjustable steering wheel adds weight, complexity, and could affect steering feel.

It's noticeable, but not super noticeable. Brah, we are talking 3 scooters difference.

mate, THREE scooters?
sheeeeiiiit

Or half a dirtbike. Or ten hoovers.

Or 12 hair dryers.

My S2000 is superior to your shit slow homo poser roadster in every conceivable way.

You yould have bought a superior Mustang or Camaro for the same price.

cool, it's also about $10k more expensive, and once you get into that price range, you could buy a decent C5 for the same money, which is a superior car to the S2000 in almost every conceivable way.

Mostly true except for cuteness and price
Holy shit the s2000 is overpriced

I took my '91 on the interstate for the first time yesterday, holy fuck it was terrifying

livin that 4k @ 70 life senpai?

yeah buddy

Knew someone that used to work at a Honda dealership says the odyssey was faster than the s2000 when they would hoon after closing time he drives a Honda himself

cool, you spent $12k on your car, I spent $3k on mine, If I were to spend $9k in mods on my car, it would throw your shitbox into the cuckshed

hell, even $3k of mods would do that

i took my '99 to 100 and it was as happy to scream along at 6000 as it was cruising at 4000.

get a load of this faggot

Manual is so cheap already it's not worth it

this isn't worth the effort, this guy is making it out to be way easier than it actually is.

basically what said

Do you guys like my hardtop i got the other day?

The red on silver is nice.
How is it? A lot quieter inside or mostly just cosmetic?

There isn't much of a noise difference, there is a lot more space inside though which kind of surprised me. I hear they stiffen up the chassis a bit too but i'm not sure how true that is. I also ordered some mounting brackets today so hopefully they'll get here by the weekend so i can uninstall the softtop and bolt the hardtop back on.

Guy is selling this 104k miles NB for 1000 bongs

This is the MOT. Dude has a receipt for the new timing belt but it doesn't actually say it was fitted to this car..
Said sills had been repaired but rear arches have some bubbling

What do you guys think?

gumtree.com/p/mazda/mazda-mx5/1269599451

nice pants nerd

There's a really nice clean NA near me
I'm not sure because its red though, please post some red inspo pics

>rear arches have some bubbling

It's gonna rust away from under your butt eventually. Depending on how prices are in your area, 1000 bongs for owning a Miata for a few years might be a good deal.

Just touch up these arches to make it look nice and don't worry too much about the rusty unibody. Car should be good for some more years. And check the front end of the frame rails. These like to rust from the inside on the NB and they are structural.

don't own a miata but I saw one coming into the school I go to. Cherry red NB with a hardtop and a "bad luck club" sticker on it. Cleanest bitch I've ever seen. s/o to that nigga if he ever comes on here

JUST LOOK AT THIS SAD MIATA

Sitting in the dank cold basement just waiting for that baka owner to drive it in the mountain.

I AM SORRY, MAYBE NEXT WEEK

why not just keep the soft top on there and get some toplocks for the hardtop? unless it will strictly be a track miat

>What qualifies as a good wheel to you?
I can't find brands like KÖNIG, Enkei and such in the German market. Either they don't pass inspections, have no market here or I'm just blind.

My S2000 is superior to your shit slow homo poser roadster in every conceivable way, when its above 6000 rpms.

ftfy

Haynes says that i should put anti-seize compound on the spark plug thread.
NGK says that its ok without and it can throw off the torque setting.
For now i am going with the haynes nerds because its specific for the car.

If you want a quality secret top tip for finding very light Miata wheels in Germany, consider the following:

The German wheel manufacturer ATS's most basic aftermarket wheel classic is the Cup wheel. It's a cast aluminium wheel with not quite enough offset to fit perfectly on a Miata. Also not very light.

Now there is a special edition of that wheel where they cranked out about 1800 sets in the early nineties. These are:
>15x7, offset 38
>forged, not cast, about 5.5 kg each
>there is a German TÜV Gutachten for them with the Miata specified in it that you can get from ATS
>you can find them on eBay Kleinanzeigen for around 200 bocks because people don't know what they are
>protip: they have a flush horn instead of a lip like the cast wheels and instead of a KBA number they have "70535" stamped on them

Now whether you like the look is up to you.
pic related, black hub caps are on the way

Lel, 150€ for 4 wheels on ebay while one new costs 200€. But I don't think it looks good on a Miat, it's more for a golf 1. But damn, 5.5kg is nice actually. Guess I will get pic related with 6.5kg

I really like that vintage look personally.

Autec looks real good though. 6.5 kg is still light.

Bring this faggotry back to the TOP

Is the NB the best track car Miat if I can't afford an ND?

What is the go to option for brakes upgrade on the NA?

Just do your pads and rotors. Braided stainless lines if you wanna go crazy. Street cars on the stock motor/ FI up to 250 dont need anything more. Saw an interesting write up about a spec miata guy who deleted his booster but used a dual master system w proportioning valve for rock hard feel

Probably. It's the best Miata for the money since it's the cheapest.

>Go to a nice rich old dude's country estate to look at his miats for sale
>Ad says he's an 'enthusiast' and each car is top notch
>Has like 10 NAs and NBs most of them for sale
>We chat about miats for like 30 mins
>He prattles on about how rare the limited editions he has are
>None of them are even Japanese Imports
>Finally pick the ones I like and start my check in the engine bays
>instantly see huge oil leaks
>blue exhaust smoke
>frothy oil caps
>arch filler (though pretty well done)
>oil fill port blasting out air with the force of a thousand braps
>"oh yea...I see that now"
>"yea well I'm not a mechanic yknow..I just swap out the panels and roofs.."
>Wont move from 3000 bongs

I basically shit all over his cars mechanically just by lifting the hood (in a polite constructive manner) I don't even have an mx5 yet and I seemed to know more than he did - I guess that's the power of the internet.

He even thought Mazdas had V-tec..
>mfw

You dont get rich by being honest.

isn't air blasting out of the oil filler hole normal?

You are going to tarbo it anyway. So go for it or do an engine swap.

I am looking around for a replacement air filter and everything is obscuring the shock tower and a potential strut bar install. This is pretty gay.

>He even thought Mazdas had V-tec..
Well, the 1.8 NB-FL did have VVT, so he isn't completely retarded.

Most cars have VTEC, they just don't call it VTEC.

>t. Man with no idea what VTEC is

>variable valve timing isnt real vvt unless is uses caveman tier physical intervention to change the cam timing

>VVTi varies lift
Ok fella

well shit i thought it was literally the same thing...
explain how its different?

To explain in basic terms you have a chance to understand with your child's mind, VTEC has separate cam lobes that are taller and therefore push the valve further open

I thought VTech was duration
as is vvt

Don't post on this board again unless it's to ask a question.

>tfw no meme

>tfw no carbon fibre meme

>tfw no smug anime faec meme

are these period appropriate?

You don't need it. If you must put some on, put the tiniest amount on. I see people gob that shit on and then wonder why they're getting a misfire

SSR Type C, and yes they do.

Blasting? No. Some air coming out is normal but if air is gushing out that means your rings are letting a ton of air pass by them

VVT on the NB just advances or retards the intake cam. That's it.

VTEC changes duration and lift as well as timing

Intakes don't do anything unless you go cold side and delete your maf

4 u
bby ricer

Anyone have a picture of how the carbon fibre roof looks with a white car?

like this but more expensive

My friend is getting a 1991 Miata soon. He doesn't think his car is gonna get called cute. How do I convince him?