/bdog/ - Black Desert Online General

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an Korean MMORPG by Pearl Abyss. It features action-oriented combat, open world PvP territory control, player housing, unlimited levels, life skills, and more.

>Latest Patch Notes
forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/forum/6-patch-notes/

>Guides, guilds, Olvia Channel FAQ, and other info
pastebin.com/tGWk2bru

>EnHANCEMENT it's fucking >ENHANCEMENT< Guide
blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/05/19/enchanting-and-sockets-guide/
reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/5gzhox/alexmac_gear_enchant_guide_get_those_tets_boys/

>NewFAQs
Newfags might be overwhelmed by the information overload at the beginning. Do yourself a favor and "turn off system notifications" in the Settings>Game options. Check everything in that window.
Avoid lag by turning off High End mode in the Settings>Screen tab. Be sure to check "Remove other's effects" and uncheck "Display other's names" for an enjoyable world boss experience.
For everyone's sake, read the links, Google it, and Ctrl+F, BEFORE asking the same stupid question other people previously have in the same thread.
If you don't know if the game is "worth it," ask for a guest pass in the thread.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NNGjJtG3KDo
r-a-d.io/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18OKmQdZPgUUF5up2chaqGHaOWFMJhs4-aRUTIvSi-KI/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true
youtube.com/watch?v=nvO6nk935gs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mistakes were made.

What's every listening to while they play tonight?

youtube.com/watch?v=NNGjJtG3KDo

Whatever comes on on r-a-d.io/

I'm a dirty birdy

All I want from this game desu is to be out grinding on my DK and then get jumped by a duo of tamers who quickly beat me to under a hundred hp, but then stop, and tell me they'll only kill me if I try to run. Then they start erping spitroasting my bruised and beaten and bloody body with their massive tamer cocks, making fun of my fat ass and tits, switching back and forth so they can pump my womb full of their superior tamer jizz. Then I'd finally be able to roleplay being a broken cumaddicted slut and follow them around in game and do menial tasks or grinding for them just for another taste of their delicious dicks.

I also hate how long levelling horses takes this blows.

So this... is the power of Sardine. Whoa.

Hot

What are you doing here, Unit-01? Shouldn't you be lost in space?

post pics with your guildmates!

>evangelion
kys, worst mecha anime of all, watch real stuff like gundam, gunbuster or getter

kys crocuta

>Doesn't mention Patlabor or Macross.

I think its neat, I can't ever do cosplay in games...I'm not good enough.

Should I have this button checked all the time or no? My pets seems to be doing weird shit while activated I don't really get what it does.

those are awesome too, well not every macross shows, some are shit

Can someone hit me up with the progression of professions? I just got Gathering Skilled 1 and I have no idea what perks I got etc.

SDF and Plus are pretty much the only good entries in the series. Zero is tolerable, 7 and Frontier should have never been made. Keep up the taste.

Does it still uses the launcher when you buy/start the game from Steam so you can put any ID/Password?

No, you launch through Steam and it logs you through Steam.

No

Yes, you can.

Post you're crush, /bdog/

Gathering: use better tools and have a higher %chance at not spending any energy on gathering attempt.
Processing: higher %chance at proccing multiple items.
Cooking: access to more recipes and a chance at proccing higher quality items.
Alchemy: access to more recipes and a chance at proccing higher quality items.
Training: pointless meme.
Fishing: harpooning at professional, otherwise pointless I guess.
Hunting: can use better hunting gear, otherwise pointless.
Trading: access to level locked trade goods and increases gains from trade items and deliveries.
Farming: pointless meme.
Sailing: access to epheria personal boat functions like instant accel/sprint, otherwise pointless meme.

postan

your*

You are less likely to use energy now while gathering, look it up, every profession gets different perks with levels.

I see..

Thigh valk and pepperoni dk

aight thanks. When I get Skilled 5 I can use the yellow tools right?

Maybe you can through launch options, like --regionSelect=true lets you change between NA and EU but I don't know the command

anyone please?

It's different for each pet depending on what their special ability is.

Hmm.. They mostly have "Finds resources", guess I'll just keep it disabled then.

Ya, magic tools are the best. Read top right here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18OKmQdZPgUUF5up2chaqGHaOWFMJhs4-aRUTIvSi-KI/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

Almost twice as often you'll get a shard with magic versus any other tool.

Naaki!

damn that ratio is pretty good.. Is gathering a stable source of income or should I focus on something else too?

>vjera will never mail you a chastity cage with no key.

>vjera will never deny you use of your clitty for the rest of your life.

I make like 10 million in shards alone with 305 EP. You can sometimes get none at all, or a shit ton of sharps. Factoring everything in though I get well over 10 million per outing which takes less than an hour.

Are there any other drops other than shards or only shards that are useful?

Jamal

ideally you want to have a use for gathered ressources, f.e. gathering meat for cooking, saps for alchemy, rough stone for untensils, ...

Is liking traps gay?

youtube.com/watch?v=nvO6nk935gs

Whats a good order to get Boss Gear in? I know the first go-to is usually Bhegs and maybe muskans after, but how about in terms of weapons? Would it be dumb to get a Kutum offhand first before Dande/Kzarka?

For a Witch if that helps.

Shards are teh most money of any gathered item beyond the golden event stuff that everybody gets (if it's still ongoing). It's what makes it a stable profession getting a random 1,600,000/3,600,000 drop. The materials themselves are icing on the cake. Magic tools more than pay for themselves with shard payouts.

You can factor in something like processing plywood/steel for money too, which makes the gains clear as day.

send help please

Please delete this. That exploit is very harmful

Yeah, sorry dude. You're gay now, a full blown bottom bitch, thats just how it works. See you at the next rally.

is liking alienware gay?

Nice spoiler jamal, kill yourself.

Thanks doc

Have any of you actually gotten a boss drop before or just buy your kzarkas off the market for 400 mil?

Hm.. okay thanks! Atm I'm only really putting in the time in Gathering and Processing so no Alchemy or Cooking, but I heard it is really profitable. Do you guys do only one gaterhing type e.g only lumbering, mining etc. or everything at the same time?

Absolutely not. Alienware is the best gaming gear on the market

I only do one type a day and spend all of that energy on 3 magic tools.

The yellow witch and the other one from sardine.

Don't tell me that kinda exploit works lol..
>worker timers are being stored client side
ffs

Oh wow. Gonna use this hard now.

Like I said. It depends what you need but you'll mostly spend it on one ressource.
When having armor workshops, you'll probably only gather hides, a cook maybe only gathers meat, etc.

I'm currently building Merchant Wagons. Need Brass Ingots and Acacia Plywood.

Enjoy your ban

anyone tested it? I'm not online right now.
really makes you think if these korean 'developers' are better than indian copy paste programmers.

>Trepx gloats about Valencia banking and gets banned
>is unbanned moments after the banwave
It'll be fine, friend.

50% from level 56. someone motivate me to grind pls

Well if that is a risk you are willing to take, god speed

Actually just tested it. Changed my windows clock and it fucking worked. fml worst exploit ever. Storing anything client side is a bad idea

Let this be a lesson to these scumbags who can't code properly.

I'll let you breed me once you hit 56~.

What are you doing on your stupid horse, get back to killing stuff.

Does it work for workers promotion?

not sure whether I should abuse the bug because of the stupidity of the devs or be a nice and honest player and just wait for it to finish..

How can I make the most money off this? Which resource is the most valuable that I can keep producing and producing quickly

Excavation probably, or wood. Mill your workers at level 20 up to Artisan and then sell those too.

This wouldnt happend in korea because, koreans are honest people, unlike you ameripigs.

I bet investment banks will make lots of cash, but then again you are much more likely to be banned. Or just leveling a shit ton of workers and selling those.

>slap a won sign on something
>Koreans will buy it hand over fist
S O U T H
K O R E A
B E S T
K O R E A

>Risking your account with countless hours of farming/grinding
Yeah no

>not living life on the edge
>not taking a risk
Fr*ck off goody goody two shoes, and give me ur lunch money

I'd do this, but I'm a good girl who follows the rules. And also too lazy to bother with that when I can just afk instead.

inb4 someones time is automatically changed and he accidentally exploits an awful piece of code in a game that he played for 2k+ hours and is banned.

does it really work?
it just gets stuck at 0s even if I don't forward too much.
seems like it just displays the time relative to your clock, or am I doing something wrong?

You'll rarely ever have a choice. Bid on everything that goes up and go to every world boss.

Dont gather for brass or acacia, since you can put workers on nodes for those.
You mostly wanna gather ressources that you can't get otherwise.

We could do some real damage :-)

Wonder what other variables are stored clientside.... hehehhe

You can appeal, just tell them that you are autistic, and you don't know what you were doing.

try it out and change your silver by 50000 just to see if it works

Yea I currently have alot of workers around Altinova, also nodes that gather Acacia or Brass, but what kinda resources do you mean? Can't you get most stuff from nodes or is just not that much?

I mean as a newer player I don't have a lot of money. About 400m and 300 memory fragments, so although I have Tree Armor I got off the NV it doesn't feel like a very strong choice to enchant first and use up all my materials since the gain it gives is pretty small compared to something like Bhegs or Kzarka.

>girl
Stop lying there's no such thing in internet.

ikr, I noticed that when the server had Lags I could kill mobs etc. without a problem just the looting took a longer time. I don't really know how much is client side but might be worth a look into.

Damn, how did you get all that money?

The worker time is just a visual thing that indicates a line between the server-side set ending and the client. It will still take the whole time, and all you'll read is a 0s as time. Nice troll there

Daily reminder worldboss loot used to be client side

Well if you had the choice I'd go for the Dande as a witch, sure. But you shouldn't skip trying to bid on a pair of Bheg's you see go up or anything.

idk worked for me lol

this