AMA. Hey Veeky Forums I operate a car window tinting shop, with my dad, in Houston,Tx ask me anything

AMA. Hey Veeky Forums I operate a car window tinting shop, with my dad, in Houston,Tx ask me anything.

Can I get a window tint please

is it difficult tinting cars underwater

mmmm yes ill tint your boipucci user

>AMA
>operate a car window tinting shop
NiBBa, tinting "businesses" are just some mexicans, pakis or slavs attaching the film to windows. It's literally nothing.

why does old tint turn purple and gross?

Lmao, honestly we thought it was going to be very slow after Harvey but everyone started to get new cars and wanted window tint and business is great.

What would you say is the percentage of different customers race?

Do darkies prefer a darker tint?

We are mexican lol, but our shop is not some shitty shop, we even have contracts with 4 the dealerships that are around us, to put tint on all of their cars that have bought tint from their aftermarket.

Do you have the same upsell shit where you have normal tint and premium tint which lets you see out better?

oh yes, when i see a black dude pull in with his impala or a mexican with a dropped truck. 90% of the time they want 5% all around. But then again if a white dude withy confederate flags stickers comes in with a lifted truck hell probably get 5% too so im guessing it just has to be the super extreme of the races.

we do have ceramic tint (which is the higher quality one) but we never up sell anyone,we only have for when people asks us.

In what part of town are you located? I have a meme machine that needs some tint. Can an autist get a discount or something?

i would tell you where were at buttttt, this is Veeky Forums i dont want to put our business out there sorry :(

what type of car is it though, i can tell you a fair price for it o you wont overpay.

Aw11

Is it legit worth it?

ooooo ive never tinted a Aw11 but you shouldnt be paying no more than $120( for their regular tint) at a well reviewed shop i would try to see if you can find one that will do it for $100 though, thats the price that we would do it for.

furfaggot get out

Is that a price for all the glass? I'm thinking about a small eyebrow for the front windshield, and maybe tint for the T-Tops. Nothing too dark though, maybe 25% max.

Older tint was just made with shittier materials honestly, and as for the purple its bc the tint id died with ink (really dark purple ink) so as time goes on the sun just lightens it up. The tint might of looked black when it was first installed but it was actually really dark purple and thats pretty common.

Speaking of furfags, where's mrcummy been? Did he finally snap overmeme off a cliff?

Thats the price for the 2 doors, the 2 little side windows and the back glass. As for the eye brow it shouldnt be more than $20, and as for the T top about $50.

Honestly man the cheaper tints have come a long way according to my dad and we personally think its not worth it. We just have it bc people with nicer cars always want it. As long as you call the tint shop and ask them what tint they use so you can look it up you should be good.

Or..... people want 5% because Houston is hot as fuckass.

that too but if you get it on the front two windows thats illegal, so thats why i said all around, but it just comes down to the type of car that their driving because ricers also always get 5% all around.

I want to tint pic related. What percentage is a good light tint? I dont want anything really dark. It looks like the previous owner put some kind of clear uv tint on which has done a great job of protecting the leather seats but its all bubbled. How much would i expect to pay at a shop for good quality tint with no bubbles? I guess I'd have to go out and read reviews but ive never had a car tinted before.

what state do you live in? if you live in texas i would go with 35% on the two doors since thats the lowest you can go legally and 20% for the back glass and the two smaller back windows

forgot to give you a price but expect $100-$120

is thier a tint that protects me from uva uvb and cools the cabin? i don't want that silver tint as it wont go with my car

>Houston,Tx
Have you met scotty?

Your best bet would be ceramic if you want a higher quality tint than the regular kind, it also looks black like regular tint

i cant say that i have, does he also do tint?

Do tint shops still use "smoke" tint? I know mirror tint is illegal, but what about lighter color with the same %?

Im guessing by "smoke tint" you mean like the blackish colors? if so then yes

How much should i pay to tint my single cab silversdo or any pre cut you recommend or better to leave it to pros?

i would leave it to the pros, tinting looks easy but its a bitch. we get so many people come in to the shop who tried to put on tint themselves and fuck it up.

and as for the price no more than $100, im sure you can find someone that can do it for $80 but $100 is the max

Have you ever had a white customer?

I know 35% is limit do they charge more for like 20% 35 feels like its weak

plenty lol

No, more like grayish color, like it appears to look like smoke in the tint, used to be huge in the early 00's

we personally don't charge more for darker shades since all of the tint cost the same to us, you would have to ask around because im sure theres shops that do charge more for darker tint even though they don't pay more for it.

New jersey so i get a mix of hot and cold. Hey thanks man im looking into it now

ooooo now i know what you mean and no, most of the tints used now are shades of black

no problem :)

The fuck, that shit needs to come back
You mean no one makes it or y'all don't carry it?
You want low % tint without getting fucked with? You use smoke tints

How is 25% on the sides and 5% on back and 35% on front?

im sure they make it but we dont carry it since we've never gotten someone that wants it

We can only dream

Order a sample roll and demo it, I guarantee you'll get sales, but save it for the cool whites and spics, fuck the nigras

usually people go all one shade in the back but that should be good, and by the front do you mean the windshield ?

alrighty will do

i hope so, guy was fucking cancer

My dipshit GF put fingerprints all over my tinted windows... what is the best way to get them off? Can I use windex?

What do you know of the electric tint that can change VLT on the fly?

Baby wipes then dry with microfiber, seriously

Hi friend!! We're in the super secret club I can't mention *wink*

I know you. I won't say your name, but you also play drums pretty well. I remember you. Hows the buisness going? do you still listen to grindcore?

What do you think of 3M window tint?

What's the highest quality tint you use?

haven't touched a drum kit since i was 5, and ive never listened to grindcore lol

3m tint is good, it used to be the best tint out there but now theres a bunch of companies with the same quality but cheaper. We use ceramic tint.

Is this the best way to clean tints or would a non ammonia auto glass cleaner be good?

non ammonia is for sure the best

Baby wipes clean a ton of shit and don't use caustic chemicals because their fucking baby wipes, I'd say it's safe for tint