Tell me about aftermarket wheel's Veeky Forums, I know nothing about them

Tell me about aftermarket wheel's Veeky Forums, I know nothing about them.

Do you need to spend $400 a wheel to get nice ones?

What makes a wheel good or bad?

Is there any good budget ones?

Other urls found in this thread:

summitracing.com/parts/AEO-50-184720S/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Forged are better than cast. Forged are much lighter and are better for racing. Forged will bend instead of crack on a super hard impact. Forged are a lot more expensive than cast.

Cast are much cheaper. They're heavier than forged, but are still fine for racing. Cast will bend to an extent on certain impacts, but will break if it's too much. Cast is much cheaper.

Cast wheels are a lot more durable than they used to be. While they're still not forged wheels, they're not going to shatter unless you really hit something hard, and generally anything that'll destroy a cast wheel would have destroyed a forged wheel too, it would just have been an unfixable bend than a break.

>$400 a wheel to get nice ones

For forged, yeah usually. Cast is closer to $250/wheel for nice cast wheels.

>good budget ones
Enkei RPF1s are probably the most popular, well made, budget wheel. (About $1,200.) Pic-related.

summitracing.com/parts/AEO-50-184720S/
Not exactly alloys, but these look pretty neat, does anyone sell these type of wheels but that are okay for highway and road use? I'm no racer.

just get Rotas or other replica wheels that you can buy an entire set of for $500

expensive shit is a meme

Basically all this. Also look on car forums for used wheels, and CL. You need
>OFFSET
>width
>height
For your car/needs. A bad offset kills the car.

Are Rota's any good compared to higher end stuff? I don't seem myself doing any racing, but if get myself a project car like a olf FB/FC or 280z, I might want to put some nicer wheels on it and mess around with it.

Besides being made by south east asian jungle niggers, what causes the price gap between Rotas and higher end stuff?

>look for good brand with good reputation
>weight is all that matters
you can go mid tier like JR or rota or ronal but no lower than that

If that's too expensive just buy steelies and paint them

theyre fine but heavy as fuck

Rotas are cast wheels and lets say you go flying into a curb or a bad pothole they like to crack or shatter compared to expensive as fuck wheels that bend

people like to shit talk Rota based on ancient stories but their quality has improved greatly

retarded tripfag with his retarded cancerous benchracing opinions pulled out of his ass at it again.
Only thing you are is 100% reliable.

aftermarket wheels are trash. oem is best.

This

nice on topic post
>can easily be heavier weaker and uglier

oem is usually garbage

first mod I made when I got my car was get aftermarket wheels.
One of the best mods I made.
Enjoy parroting memes busriders

Are they heavy in comparison to cast/forged wheels, or are they even more then regular stock wheels? How big of a difference does light vs heavy wheels make on regular driving?

light wheels don't make too big of a difference but wider wheels do. Light wheels reduce the weight of the car entirely meaning a slightly better power to weight.

regular driving it isnt much different

but in performance unsprung weight is the best weight to get rid of

16x7 wheels

Rota TE37 replicas weigh in at 16 lbs
real Volk TE37s are 11.2 lbs

for stock wheels it depends on the car but they can easily weigh more than 16 lbs
the damn 15s I have weigh over 20 lbs from the factory

You are fucking stupid.

how can you justify this when you want wider tires? Or just better looking and lighter wheels?

Serious question.

Lighter wheels make a huge difference man. I put some fd rx7 stockers on my car and it was like night and day.

Either laws of physics have changed or you're fucking retarded

If you think the OEMs actually design or manufacture specific parts I have bad news for you.