Hand made cars

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7LEBcn92EpU
youtube.com/watch?v=muLmD_7DANw
automotive-technology.de/leichtbau-lanxess-zeigt-erstes-in-grossserie-gefertigtes-vollkunststoff-bremspedal/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So

>"Car manufacturers are inefficient. If Silcon Valley were to make cars we could make 10k units a month for $3-$5 million"
10 years later

They employ spics so who cares

>Speaking to the Wall Street Journal, unnamed sources claim that major parts of the Model 3 have until recently been built by hand, a slow process resulting in the low numbers. This by-hand assembly was reportedly done without the knowledge of customers who ordered the vehicle, among others. The Model 3’s production started this past July.

t. white neet who lives in a flyover state and has absolutely zero accomplishments

Says the sister fucker who drives a Mexican built truck

After this news broke, The stock was up strongly, so who cares about production.

>assblasted chicanos think they matter
>implying disgusting indios like yourselves aren't the worst cousin fuckers

CARAJO

t. wetbacks driving a 20 year old tacoma that is half rust

Im white brother but keep on projecting!

Who the FUCK cares, if they're legal?
IIRC they basically have to slow down for a few components that were shit when automated, like headlights. I expect them to sort it soonish.

>defends members of other races
>not a cuck
Oh, I see you're a worthless nu-male, pppffffthhhhaahahahahahahahaha

Send the ICE over

What do they exactly mean by "built by hand"??

Literally, all cars are fucking built by hand. Other than the process of welding the frames together, stamping out metal parts and most of the body paint, everything else is done by hand.

t. car factory worker

EXACTLY. it's another goddamn hitpiece.

Tesla's response to the shitty WSJ article:

"In a statement, a Tesla spokeswoman declined to answer questions for this article and said, “For over a decade, the WSJ has relentlessly attacked Tesla with misleading articles that, with few exceptions, push or exceed the boundaries of journalistic integrity. While it is possible that this article could be an exception, that is extremely unlikely.” The Journal disagrees with the company’s categorization of its journalism."

then, Tesla also responded to the jalopnik article:

"This reporting is fundamentally wrong and misleading. We are still in the beginning of our production ramp, but every Model 3 is being built on the Model 3 production line, which is fully installed, powered on, producing vehicles, and increasing in automation every day. However, every vehicle manufacturing line in the world has both manual and automated processes, including the Model S and Model X line today. Contrary to the Journal’s reporting, this is not some revelation. As we’ve always acknowledged, it will take time to fine-tune the line for higher volumes, but as we have also said, there are no fundamental issues with Model 3 production or its supply chain, and we are confident in addressing the manufacturing bottleneck issues in the near-term. We are simply working through the S-curve of production that we drew out for the world to see at our launch event in July. There’s a reason it’s called production hell."

why do "journalists" have a hard-on for shitting on tesla? I don't get it

>One worker who spent time in the Model 3 >shop—dubbed by some as Area 51 because of >the limited access and secretive nature—described watching young workers in >September struggling to move large pieces of >steel to weld together instead of using robots >as is traditionally the case.
>“In place of the robots…you’ve got two >associates lining up with a big, old spot welder >hanging from the ceiling by a chain, and you’ve >got one associate kind of like balancing it and >trying to get the welder in position, and you’ve >got another welder with his arm guiding it,” >this worker recalled seeing. “Sparks go flying.”

I now know what they mean. Yeah this shit hasn't been done in over 30 years at minimum in any car factory, even at my rickety one we have lines of robots that do that shit automatically. You are talking about work that will literally put the workers on the line for social security disability in a short matter of a couple of years, IF they don't damage their tendons by cutting themselves while they try to spot weld car frames by hand, while being paid hourly, fuck that shit.

>Mexican built
By Mexicans IN Mexico. Nobody would hate you if you stayed in your countries

MAGA

This seems bizarre, machine-welding the body together is how they build the S. Why not the 3?

Go back to Africa.

Literally this youtube.com/watch?v=7LEBcn92EpU

vs this youtube.com/watch?v=muLmD_7DANw

Quality, cost and time.

Automated welding lines already can not produce a car without defects and looking alike, they all have different measurements and gaps when you put that shit together, imagine what you get when its done by hand. You are pretty much burning money, and having production not worth a shit if you even attempt to do all that by hand. And my god the time wasted alone means you don't produce shit or anything worth using in the end.

>human made welds on paper thin car components
Guaranteed garbage, there's a reason we let robots do it.

then where are those parking lot full of teslas ready to go out to customers? Here's the reality in the world full of rumours, the reality is tesla hasn''t produced shit, the explanation that they are having problems manufacturing cars and are doing frames by hand makes a lot more sense than the explanation that "everything is fine we just having a few issues".

Yes, but I wouldn't put it past the Wall Street Journal to have literally made this shit up. They're normally a good source but when it comes to anything that threatens the fossil fuel industry they're full on shills.

Anyone who understands the logistics industry can see that tesla isnt a threat to the fossil fuel industry and neither are electric cars in general that is just wishful thinking on the part of many.

Also lol at the fact they only made 260 model 3, we make more than that in a fucking day and we're making some shitty vag crossover.

I'm not denying that they're finishing cars, I'm only saying that these cars are going to be complete junk.

You mean:

>VEGAN ARTISANAL GLUTEN FREE BESPOKE PERSONAL TRANSPORT MACHINES

If that's the case for what you've seen then they've got some serious slop in the arms that are doing the welding.

That fuckkin seam weld OwO

Daily reminder that Tesla shills will defend plastic foot pedals, a shame so low that not even Chinese car manufacturers will try it.

cracked a pillar that they painted over

Tesla can't even tint a window properly

panel gaps are cool right?
the hip new thing yeah?

That big dumb head unit looks great covered in finger shit.

The man is and was an ill informed hypocrite.

First it was tinting the windows now they can't even install them without breaking them.

>THEY ARE A NEW COMPANY
>OTHERS HAVE EXISTED FOR A HUNDRED YEARS OR MORE

Teslas stock value is completely speculative and extremely overvalued.

I wonder how much longer Tesla can operate at a loss for. At some point the investors are going to want to see profit.

>yfw VAG is using plasic pedals in Porsche and Bentley models
I remembered seeing this on some engineering magazine
Source
automotive-technology.de/leichtbau-lanxess-zeigt-erstes-in-grossserie-gefertigtes-vollkunststoff-bremspedal/