[Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/]

You meet the nicest people on a Honda edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Tips & Tricks
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Motorcycle Chicken Strip Support Group

/dbt/ map: Meet & fuck.
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Nobike? Start here:
A2 bikes:
>a2bikes.co.uk/

Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zuCjHXLHGUk
youtube.com/watch?v=eF9AC2Ce2ow
youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUxKdwAQ4w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The only time I forget about >her is when I'm on my bike

I need to go touring

If this thing is still around when I get back in December, prolly getting it and will promptly die the next day.

Y A M A H A the best
carry on

>tfw no Vultus

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JU...

oh wait actually you're 100% correct.

How can the other companies even compete? It's like people only buy them so the engineers dont feel bad for making shitty bikes.

>not the same day
get on my level

Is this true? I have a Yamaha but my biking buddies both have Honda, I thought I had the worser bike...?

If 1 of my exhaust headers is cold when trying to start the bike (cranks all that but wont hold idle) is it my coils? I thought if it was coil related then 2 (of 4) sparkplugs wouldnt spark. Yesterday I tested them and all 4 spark normal and aren't gross and dirty but I didn't check the headers temperature until now.

Bike is a '79 GS550

Well if you have an YBR (Paki shit bike) its worse. But actual Japanese Yamahas are far superior to Honda.

check compression and carbs

Bought these Cortech Scarab 2.0 gloves so I can commute on cold mornings without getting frostbitten/wet hands.

D-did I do g-good /dbt/?

Yamaha don't make good 125s do they?

Post moto-gf

I’d keep her face covered desu senpai

Finally got my baiku back from the shop. They unfucked what the idiot owner before me did yo the clutch. Also, really digging my new jacket and backpack, but why are things in euroland opposite of burgertopia? Helmet sling, quick release strap, both on the right side. But the left is way more comfortable.

Unrelated, where should be weight distribution be while riding pic related? I try and keep my back straight, but my legs are too far back to really give upward support, and my weak ass thighs hurt gripping the tank for too long. I'm trying to keep my grip loose on the bars, any advice? Am I just a bitch who needs to ride more?

Shes a QT3.14 doe virgin boi

Only the YZF-R125. They used to make the DT125 and XT125, they were pretty good, but alas they were discontinued.

>Helmet
>High heels
k

Can't say too much tho
>tfw no moto gf

fug, bois

I posted yours on the OP. :^)

BENIS

nice, how many miles on it?

top kek y u postin my ex bruh
I dont get it u wot m8

C
O
N
F
I
R
M

anyone know of a good cheap motorcycle stand

I don't think trying to keep your back straight is going to help. Find where your knees fit into the tank the best and adjust your feet to keep them there. Lean forward to keep your elbows bent and tense up your abs to keep your upper body from falling. Most of your legs should go down through your legs onto the foot pegs rather than trying to squeeze the tank with your knees.

just put it under your bed senpai

blocks of wood are cheap

it would wake me up at night wanting to wheelie

get front and rear paddock stands if youre that worried.

itll be fine stored on its sidestand though

>squids

pics not me i wear full plated armor when i take my 125cc scooter with gears out

i kind of just want one just in case i ever need it for maintenance anyway

35th for triples a best

*striples not included

reminds me of frizzy, also reminds me of no gf

>streetbikes

>that cut before the fall

I miss her already.

fix your bike faggot

is that an s2000?

alright brehs, had a bit of a fuck up and panic breaked in a corner because I thought i was gonna end up in the oncoming lane

been about 2 weeks since ive turned my bike on because of injuries, i vaguely remember somethin about it being bad to leave your bike off for long periods of time, should i be looking out for anything or is there anything i should be doin before riding again

I think it's a Fiero with some work done

s-soon

I just parked my bike indoors, am I going to die?

Ok so a few years ago I had an incident where my car accelerated for no reason even without having my foot on the gas pedal. The car rug was nowhere near the thing so it was probably an ECU/sensor issue. Luckily I was fine and I got rid of that car. Long story short, I have a low and lingering phobia of automatic cars now (still drive them though because I have to).

I'm trying to get into motorcycles and I noticed that many motorcycles are starting to get into the whole computer craze. I read some news and I heard issues about recent fuel injected bikes w/ throttle by wire where it goes rogue and accelerates like a maniac (Indian and Harleys bikes specifically; not surprising).

Some people say that unlike cars, you can just fix this problem by pulling the clutch and turning the motorcycle off. Is this true? Is the clutch system completely mechanical (computer free)? Also, are the brakes entirely separate from computers/sensors?

Thank you so much.

2 weeks isn't very long, should be fine.

only if you don't sleep with it

Yes, the clutch is a mechanical system still. I haven't seen an electronic clutch and I don't think that will ever really happen. Brakes are also mechanical, ABS is computer controlled but I haven't ever heard of someone's ABS kicking in an preventing you from braking.

Ultimately, the kill switch always exists. It cuts off power to the spark plugs, the bike absolutely will not start with the kill switch on. Racing motorcycles have a lanyard attaching the kill switch to the riders suit, meaning the bike shuts off the moment it doesn't have a rider on it.

>Some people say that unlike cars, you can just fix this problem by pulling the clutch and turning the motorcycle off. Is this true?
Yes, I had something similar happen with my bike when I first changed the spark plugs. After the bike started up it went to redline but luckily I was in neutral. Restarted it and never had a problem like that again.

>Also, are the brakes entirely separate from computers/sensors?
Yes and no, if your bike has ABS then there is a little computer that works with your brakes but only to apply ABS when you slam on the brakes.

alright thanks bud

thank you

Post mods

I don't know if to ask in hereor make a separate thread but I need opinions on the Yamaha T Max.
>inb4 scooterfag gtfo
I live in Europe (spain) so I can get it with my A2 licence
It's a "luxury" vehicle and comfortable as fuck
Can take my gf in the back on long trips while having my ass warmed
still go decently fast
Also I am the type of person to wear button up shirts and loafers so it's either this or a cafe racer type bike

Should I blast my savings on this? Better alternatives?

sounds comfy, and if you have a gf a cafe racer is probably not an option unless you want her to also get one

she is scared of bikes so yeah this armchair is probably the only thing on 2 wheels that i'd convince her to sit on

I want to get my new gf with me during rides but I don't have a second helmet.

Which helmet should I get for her? I have budget of $200 max. It will be my gift.

>ride to caribou coffee
>order usual ice lite latte
>try to hook up with qt barista
>get shot down
>I can never go back to this location

Where did you ride your bike today?

Thought my kickstand was down.
It wasnt.... :*(

I don't know how prices or options are in europe but suzuki has the burgman and honda has the silverwing if you want to keep your options open

through some twisty country lanes, so many guys out on their cruisers today

uni to study
>go out of lunch since everything is dead on campus
>haitian festival literally next door
>hootin and hollerin inside, outside and in the streets for miles around
>suppress inner S.A. user

The YBR is n-not poo in loo

youtube.com/watch?v=zuCjHXLHGUk

Is this the most amazing motorcycle scene in a movie or what?

women come and go
trips stay forever

>Wants to go from driving a car to riding a motorcycle
>So he can feel more in control

Is that your MV? Should have shown her the TREPISTONI sticker, bitches go crazy over it

hecka comfy underseat storage where the airbox used to be after switching to pod filters.

>not being in control of your baiku
cuck

That one is good, but I have yet to see one that even comes close to this.

youtube.com/watch?v=eF9AC2Ce2ow

why did trinity's hair have to be so fucking greasy mang :^[

>t. started on a 125

Let's take a moment of silence for all the /dbt/ newfags who jumped on a 600cc+ for their first bike instead of starting on a sensible 125cc

I started on a 50cc
but that was 8 years ago
what now?
never noticed how he holds onto her legs instead of her body
that old horny fart

I was fine

no u died and this is hell

>i have people telling me that i should start on a 600 instead of the 250 i'm looking at and they're fucking serious
>"yew'll jus get tahred and bored of that weak lil enjin after a few months, get uh real baik"
is there an Veeky Forums equivalent of stupid fucking fudds because i think i may have found them

That glorious landing that would destroy my spine bc my Guzzi suspension is stiff as a dead prostitute

im still alive virgin

>started on 650
>not dead
/dbt/ lied to me!

fuck you

t. First week riding

Give it time

my 19 year old friend got a cbr600rr for his first bike and he loves it. He isnt an idiot and respects the bike. Grow a pair faggot

unless you really really want that low cc bike for some reason
because it looks good or whatever dumb reason you have

get one with more power
just don't be a fucking idiot
it's really that easy

I wonder how many people recommending a 600cc starter actually started on one themselves.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUxKdwAQ4w
at least they have twisties
but
>literally desert level of dusty roads
>no helmet/visor to protect your eyes
he'd stop after 100m of speeding and cry sand like a bitch

ive put 9000 miles on since buying my first bike. Almost no real commuting, since my old commute used to take me through the local excuse for a touge. 3000 hooning miles in the last 5 weeks (oil change 8/26, 3k and next change yesterday). I'm still alive.

I do and I did

I started on a 250 and I recommend a 500 or 650 twin to start. Its the same punch of power, just less buzzing on the freeway.

He still has that thing for sale if one of you guys want it, he's asking 6k, Located in Auburn CA.

pic related :^)

>be 6'
>2017 grom comfy as fuck
Is it because I'm a lanklet?
I expected the lower seat to be a problem

i actually kinda want a gixxer seeing as all the new CBRs went for the dumb looking double headlight meme

Isn’t the double headlight supposed to be easier for normies to see for distance purposes?

i don't know but it looks awful

Double head lights are amazing cunt

Get F4