What are your thoughts on jeeps Veeky Forums? My gearhead brother keeps telling me they're awful meme vehicles...

What are your thoughts on jeeps Veeky Forums? My gearhead brother keeps telling me they're awful meme vehicles, but what else am I supposed to take into the mountains?

probably anything. a subaru could do that.

A M I G O
M
I
G
O

They are less reliable than most everything and expensive. But the most capable offroad. If you want to get to the mountains, buy a Subaru, if you want to go over them, buy a Jeep.

>Less reliable
My XJ with 243,xxx miles would beg to differ

Pretty much every consumer report agrees with me. Also n=1.

having had a xj before i can say for a fact theres not much it can do that a stock subaru cant.

especially snow, the subaru is more than twice as good

(((Consumer Reports)))
Anything with the AMC 4.0 or AMC 2.5 will be the most reliable car in 1000 miles.
Jeep's stock dana axels are "weak" if you over load and abuse then. But a stock YJ TJ or XJ will outlast any of the competition period.

>Consumer Reports
What is trail riding for $400 Alex

I'd like to see a Subaru on the Alpine loop.

Well the subaru is semitrical AWD (open difs), the Jeep is an open dif in the rear and lockers up front. The Jeep also weighs more.
The jeep is objectively better in the snow, if it was worse it was your choice in tires.

JD power also.

yeah but you dont see stock subarus blowing axles when used hard.

>I had to take my JK in because the power windows stopped working!
>Counts as a problem

Your right, you see them shitting out transmissions.
Launch your stock subaru too hard and you'll puke your tranny. Dank.
Put 35" tires on your Jeep and go rock crawling and you'll puke your dif. Big difference.

what jeep has lockers in front? only the rubicon as far as i know. i stuck a fucking Torsen in mine. pic related, dana 30 torsen and 4.1 gears.

That is a problem. For Jeep, but not the more reliable brands like Lexus or Toyota. Stay salty.

well not to say much, but my subarus transmission lived through hell. i beat it hard.
redline clutch dumps, chirping 2nd gear, one time i took out a front half shaft to try and drive it in RWD mode.

in the end it died from rust and the tranny was ok

Don't forget to pack your tampons when you hit the trail, Nancy

Engine and drivetrain are usually reliable on Jeep vehicles but everything else is cheap crap, computer included. I also own a 4runner and it will match a stock jeep, but once you start adding on mods, the Jeep runs away from the toyota

If only there was a reliable alternative to the shitty Jeep offerings...