/utg/ - Undertale General

His Melody, Simple As Can Be Edition

Previous Timeline:Spoilers ahead, proceed at your own Frisk.

-The Game
>store.steampowered.com/app/391540/
>undertale.com/

-The Demo
>undertale.com/demo.htm

-Artbook
>pastebin.com/1MRmU0Gk

-Booru
>under.booru.org/

-Recommendbin
>pastebin.com/fsqd5Sa6

-Writebin
>pastebin.com/UCr5qFpc

-Fangamebin
>pastebin.com/ZHASpj9h

-Steam Group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/undertalegen

-Flockdraw
>flockmod.com/undertale

-Zeemap
>zeemaps.com/map?group=1873782

-Shimejibin
>pastebin.com/YFEGhgxY

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/HeY9LCuX
youtube.com/watch?v=KhAm81VYLN4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thanks Noodle!

Chisk

How utterly discomfortable

Does anyone else think it might be time we updated the writebin? Is there anything new or of interest we should have on there that anyone's found?

Nothing compared to Asrichara, the yandere brother who slices you with a knife and says he loves you THIS much while being a very cute goat with cute bandaids

;~;

I thought Asriel and Chara's kid was named Asara?

PasteAnon posted a few weeks ago saying they were updating it.

But why tho

Asgore. Also brush pens are fun.

Thank you

delicious

Akapo..

Two dots aren't grammatically correct bro.

I googles akapo, it appears to be some sort of footballer.

Still don't get why you're posting it in utg tho.

On an unrelated note, I wish cry got banned.

Alphys and now on to papyrus.

>Asriel finally gets the family he wanted back together
>even Frisk is here now
>he's stuck as a kid
>Chara and Frisk get along better
>Toriel busy with school
>Asgore busy with human relations
>all alone

I love Charisk more than anything, but I personally like the idea that a saved Asriel/Flowey sticks around with the pair firing sarcastic quips and such

Undertale has delivered the word "Howdy" to thousands of Asians.

Wow Flowey brought Alphys laundry to Undyne for wash and sniff! Nice thanks Flowey!

as if a saved asriel wouldn't be lavished with unholy amounts of attention from everyone he'd ever known regardless of how he looked

the ptsd-riddled little squirt would have problems with that too obvs

fish fingers

What are all the potential character arcs for each of the main characters (Frisk, Chara, Flowey/Asriel, Toriel, Asgore, Sans, Papyrus, Undyne, Alphys, ... Monster Kid, Napstablook, Mettaton,...W.D. Gaster) in a sequel?

Spanking your favorite!

Somebody in the last thread said "Papyrus please." Makes me think of this.

How is there no AU or whatever for a situation where Chara and Asriel never died and act as Undyne's older siblings

It's basically foolproof

Depends

Sans would hate his guts if he knew everything Flowey had done to him and Papyrus
Alphys would be very uncomfortable around him and blame herself for all his suffering but wouldn't hate him
Undyne would be angry at him at first but I think her connection to Asgore would win out and she'd take the kid under her as
Toriel would go full denial mode either not seeing Flowey as a real part of Asriel and pretty much ignoring everything he did as him or not seeing Asriel as her actual child at all and abandoning him
Asgore would blame himself and forgive Asriel right away
Papyrus wouldn't care but would just be happy that Asriel was saved

>Undyne would be angry at him at first but I think her connection to Asgore would win out and she'd take the kid under her as
Meant to finish this as a little brother

This is the end
...Of group stages.
We're up against /nepgen/ today at 2:30 for our final game before the knockouts. Only 2 teams from the group are going to advance, and the /sog/ v. /aceg/ game will determine whether or not we have to beat /nepgen/ to advance. As you can see here, we're only secured if /aceg/ beats /sog/ at 2:00. Otherwise we'll have to find another win (or draw and have a larger positive goal difference). It all comes down to this, and our curtain call is at 2:30 EST, so make sure you're there for what could potentially be our final game of Veeky Forums League 8!
Link in the pastebin: pastebin.com/HeY9LCuX

Here's my view of the main characters:

Flowey/Asriel: active redemption.
Frisk: adjusting to new life and ambassador duties.
Toriel: learning to deal with human children, and the realities they often go through.
Asgore: also redemption, and leading his people through integration with human society
Sans: Regaining his hope, reinvestigating Gaster.
Papyrus: tempering his naivete into a more grounded form of optimism
Undyne: learning to appreciate humanity even when they're not as kind as Frisk
Alphys: joining surface anime communities, learning to forgive herself for her past sins and open up to people.

Not including Chara because I hate them.

I think you've got Sans and Undyne mixed up. Sans would probably not really care either way as long as he wasn't causing any more trouble, while Undyne would be pissed as hell.

Remember that in-game, Undyne is suspicious and self-righteous enough to consider a human child who hadn't done anything a de facto murderer she needs to off for the good of all monsters just because they were a human, and then think what she'd do with a person who in fact did murder every single monster in every possible increasingly horrendous way, including his family and her loved ones. Then consider that Sans doesn't really care for your potential murders as long as you stop killing people in the end.

Yeah no if you fuck with Papyrus than Sans shits on you regardless of anything else you do. If he found out that Flowey hurt Papyrus he wouldn't stand the kid at all regardless of how sorry he was

all those garbo sans au's might have painted him as a vindictive lunatic but i think he'd eventually get over asriel's past actions after a deeply uncomfortable adjustment period, considering how far you have to go just to make him get off his ass in the game proper

holding onto grudges is too much effort for him anyway

Frisk > gender reveal story arc
Chara > dindu story arc
Flowey/Asriel > soul sharing
Toriel > rehab & soriel story arc
Asgore > ambassador shit
Sans > ptsd recovery because genocide routes
Papyrus > papyton story arc
Undyne > being a loving friend and shoulder to cry on as frisk tries to win over sans from her whore mother toriel
Alphys > same thing as undyne
Monster Kid > finally getting arms and they're robotic
Naptsablook > obviously becoming famous through shit music
W.D. Gaster > since dadster is a really popular headcanon im just gonna go with that

I don't know, Flowey implies that he was particularly vicious to Papyrus.

All this assumes that Asriel / Flowey told the entire cast everything he did in detail

He shits on you if you kill Papyrus, yes, but he doesn't shit on you if you kill Papyrus and reset to not kill Papyrus.
He cares about the ultimate end result, not so much about what you might've done during your past resets.

>but he doesn't shit on you if you kill Papyrus and reset to not kill Papyrus.
...because he doesn't know you kill Papyrus. Don't tell me you actually fell for the Sans remembers resets meme

He'd probably supply ample amount of ribbing, but in the end holding a grudge over things that technically were erased and stuff he can't do anymore is way more effort than he'd want to put into anything. So long as he's not actively threatening everyone, they'd pretty much get along as much as a lazy slob and a temperamental child can.

He only said that it took a long while before he got bored of Papyrus. Depending on how you look at it, sure it can mean he just ran basically the entire Saw franchise upon him, or just that Papyrus is unpredictable enough to amuse him for a long time.

I'm gonna steal that cute little goat!

I get the impression that Napstablook is still unaware of Mettaton's true identity. That could make for a good character arc on Mettaton's side at least.

You're all assuming they'd learn of the things he's done. I don't think Asriel would just go around telling everyone all the horrible things he did as Flowey. Sans doesn't know or remember anything than what is going on around him but he is very observant. He deduces that you MIGHT have met him before many times thanks to how Frisk supposedly reacts to him in continuous attempts.

I literally said that this all assumed that Asriel went clean, which if he actually was saved and looking for redemption should do .

He's very good at looking at expressions and even better at deducting exactly what's going on, though.
Even if he doesn't remember exactly what you did, he probably has a pretty good idea.

>Asriel goes clean
>the little shit totally throws Chara under the bus, pins everything on them since they can't do anything anyway, even though they did everything to help Asriel since they were children

the little fuck is more than happy to shit on Chara post-TP already, no reason to assume he wouldn't just keep doing it to save his own sorry hide

I like that you've taken' is good at generally knowing what someone is thinking because of their facial expression' to the extreme of literally omniscient

Imagine how embarrassed he's going to be when he learns that his idol is actually his cousin.

Going from guessing if you've heard a speech before, or how many times you've died, to near-precise details is a pretty big fucking leap.

If Frisk behaved very nervous and apologetic around Papyrus, he'd sooner assume Frisk is in love with him, than feeling sorry they killed Papyrus four scores and three resets ago

I laughed

How would he pin everything on Chara without sounding insane? Chara doesn't cause any damage until the genocide route and even after that nobody remembers any of it because they were all destroyed.

All he'd have to see is a slight twinge of guilt while talking about Papyrus and he'd have his proof, though.

And even if Sans somehow missed all of it and in fact can't put even two and two together all of a sudden, you gotta remember his reactions during repeat run judgements.
youtube.com/watch?v=KhAm81VYLN4
Doesn't seem like the kind of guy that holds grudges across timelines.

he'd pin the plan, its failure and his actions as Flowey on Chara

>how many times you've died
Isn't that a near-precise detail right there, though? Certainly a lot more precise than guessing that this kid with the power to kill any monster and the power to reset time might have killed Papyrus by the way they're acting.

he stops being able to count after like 4 or 5

If you reset after killing Papyrus, Sans at the bridge will say "here's some advice on fighting my brother. don't."

The only thing they'd really be responsible for is the plan, everything Flowey did was his decision and the main cast would know that.

yeah, it'd probably be like that chara fic CN wrote where sans just starts pranking him at the end, and then even starts to lay off that a little when he realizes what a terrified mess the kid is

sans can be a jackass but he's not malicious

I do not think he'd do this. He seems to take Flowey's actions on his own tally after you SAVE him

Dude, if you've heard a literal speech twice, word for word, of course you'd have a bored expression on your face, and considering Sans at the very least has an idea that resets exist, he'd probably put that together at least.

He guesses like half of them at least, the fact that he gets them right is just for the sake of the narrative. If he has pitch-perfect memory, then you'd get a hell of a lot more reactions out of him, especially after stuff like stopping genocide before killing him.

And Toriel has deja vu about your pie choice, your point is?

If he really was an angry, vengeful guy, he'd attack you right then and there, wouldn't he?

He doesn't care enough to fight back until his own ass in on the line

he already threw Chara under the bus by pinning all the bad parts of the plan on them, if he was saved, he'd just do the same. claim he adopted his worldview because of Chara and rake in the sympathy from everyone, just like he had from Frisk

he doesn't give a shit about Papyrus one way or the other, he's good for deflecting blame and talking big empty threats, but even if Frisk kills him, he does nothing. he keeps sarcastically mocking Papyrus about how 'cool' he is throughout the game, if anything Frisk just released him of a burden

Why are you so afraid of admitting that Sans might be the character he is shown to be in-game instead of a powerful dom daddy who never forgives that you have to resort to this level of doublethink?

Why are you so afraid of admitting that Sans might not like Asriel to the point that you have to resort to saying he doesn't give a shit that Asriel murdered Papyrus over and over for kicks?

because I'm an insecure reader, who is afraid that daddy will take by well-trained obedient fish waifu away, especially now that she stopped that silly lesbian rebelling.

the more I can smear him, the less worried I get, since the lizard is already out of the picture and undyne just needs to remember that I'm all she needs

teMMie FIGHT for HOnor!

He completely respected them as Flowey, and when he was Asriel he was only willing to say they weren't the greatest person and even went as far as staying in solitary because of his actions and because he was going to turn into Flowey again.

I never said he was an angry, vengeful guy. I was just pointing out that Sans is somewhat aware on some level that you killed Papyrus in the previous timeline. Probably due to deja vu.

Sans is too lazy and apathetic to really care about what you do. Sans just knows that Frisk/Chara is the anomaly that is resetting the timeline, and that the very end of the Genocide timeline is the END OF EVERYTHING, which is something that he needs to prevent at all costs. Killing Papyrus is something that'll make him sad, but he's not going to retaliate for revenge because of it.

Sans will only ever care when it comes to preventing the destruction of the universe.

Wrong user, user

>Sans will only ever care when it comes to preventing the death of himself
fixed

Sans doesn't give a shit about what you did in past resets as long as you do the right thing in the end, so why would he give a shit about what Asriel did?

The only way to make Sans into your angry person who turns on his fire eye and starts going on about Bad Time whenever Asriel steps into the room is by arbitrarily deciding that his exact and correct deductions don't mean that he's capable of guessing you might have killed Papyrus in a past reset, even when he has a DIRECT REACTION to JUST THAT EXACT EVENT. And even if it is a deja vu, like the one Toriel has, then with his knowledge he would correctly assume that you had killed Papyrus, and, according to you, he'd be vengeful and violent for the rest of the game, but he isn't.

Not to mention, most of what he says is consistent with Chara's behaviour on the tapes. And going to see him is completely optional and he has nothing to gain by lying to Frisk.

which makes it pretty clear he considers Papyrus a burden and the sooner he dies, the happier he'll be in the long run

he might feel sad, but it's the kind of sadness you get when your pet gets run over

Who is best scientist?

Sans cares about his brother. Every time he says Papyrus is cool, is genuine.

Gaster

So what would it take for Papyrus to be angry at Flowey/Asriel?

I'm thinking nothing less than personally witnessing him kill Sans.

Alphys.

Canon >>>>>>>>>> au. Always.

he doesn't give a shit though whether Papyrus is alive or not, he just talks and does nothing. he might pretend he cares, but look at Papyrus, look at their interactions and it's pretty clear Sans is constantly bullshitting him to make him feel good.

Papyrus just easily makes friends with people who are willing. His attitude towards Flowey is probably not that much different from his attitude towards neutral/pacifist Frisk.
And Papyrus gets angry at Frisk during a genocide run, so I don't think it would take that much. Try to distinguish between being angry at someone and losing faith in them.

Nothing. Papyrus will always forgive Asriel/Flowey.

Killing Frisk might also do it.

He might forgive Undyne for it, but Undyne would be pragmatic, whereas Flowey/Asriel in this scenario would be sadistic.

Papyrus is autistic, so pretty much nothing. Flowey might threaten to kill people and abuse Papyrus, but he's far too weak and meek to call for help and will rather watch people believe Sans is beating him, than do anything to hurt Flowey.

You are just twisting the facts to suit your own twisted belief. It's obvious that based on everything he says, that he genuinely loves his brother.

I never said he didn't, I just mean he loves him as one loves a pet, a desk, a lamp, or a pretty painting

why does burgerpants have hair

Did Papyrus ever manage to help Undyne recover in the ending where Alphys "disappears" and she's left hopeless, broken and jobless on his couch

she works at sans's hotdog stand

No, because the world ends in every ending, when you close the game. There is nothing further programmed, so the story ends there and the world just stops existing. It's all pointless in the end.

Not as pointless as your crotch

>the story ends there
Yes.
>and the world just stops existing
No. Flowey's post-pacifist dialogue says differently.

Not even Flowey knows Toby never programmed it that far. The story ends where the game ends, there is only emptiness beyond it.

Q&A says otherwise

Most games don't canonically have the world end the moment you finish them. Why is Undertale different?