FAQ: pastebin.com/YLYWL75e
Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/vRytNg3E
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.

>Useful Links (More in pastebin)
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Recently Released
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal (Trial) - mega.nz/#!V0RCWBZR!xxcBbospzU-0V3PXMsBrWdc-HASgp7eBD1cQ0R5pwY4

DARKNESSHERO Rance Mod - Beta FFA mod released

Rance 5D and Rance VI (English and Decensored) - Released
Orders open at $34.95 for bundle
mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1004
Check pastebin for download links or for hints

>What is the status of Rance Quest?
Depends on when Mangagamer announce it. The great sales of Rance VI mean that it will happen at some point and probably sooner rather than later. As far as we know it is at least 70% translated.

>Upcoming Games

Rance 5D+VI (Hardcopy) - To be released 7th July 2017
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal - To be released 28th July 2017
Rance X - Announced. Delayed to 2017
RPG - by the Evenicle team (New IP)
Modern Setting - by the Rance 03 Team (New IP)
Loli MILF Nukige - by the MILF nukige team
'Heartwarming' VN - by the Atlach Nacha writer

Haniwa Development Studio: blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4771534.html

>Upcoming Events
Veeky Forums League 8 - Starting June 9th
Drawfag Weekend - Sports and/or Summer starting June 16th
Drawfag Weekend - Shizuka Weekend starting July 30th

Remember to use spoilertags when discussing and posting images of plot elements, especially those of untranslated Rance games. Ignore and report any blatant shitposting, including nameshit.

TT2 user makes me want to start a commentary of my own. I'm going to do Sengoku Rance, since I haven't played it in a while. This is a new install, so we'll be doing the true route. I might ask for the thread's input on some decisions, but I reserve the right to overrule them at will. Don't tell me to kill Kenshin or something, okay? Rance is kichiku fighter. We go on his adventures or some engrish I've forgotten. Wasn't that in a kichikuou art book?

Says the guy that was fucking useless most of the time.

Everyone and their mother played Sengoku, though.

And here is our hero. Sengoku was my entry point into the series six or seven years ago. As soon as Rance's theme kicked on, all my reservations from reading about the protagonist being a jerk went out the window.

Did bestmom play SR?

I miss when Rance wasn't a pedophile. Too bad. At least Kou's adult concept art looks good.

But he was already one by then.

>when Rance wasn't a pedophile
He fucked a 13yo in the first game, dude.

Yeah that was in KR.

But yeah go ahead. Nice to discuss things.

Damnit I hate being on a first game. I can't get her. Can't declare war on anyone but Hara on turn 2 either. Normally I agree with Rance and prefer to fight 2 or 3 countries at once, but I can't do that here.

Nakadashi time.

He genuinely tried to put it into a Sill that was younger than Kou, offered it to Wenlina pretty freely and IV was basically "Rance being a lolicon" the game.

Rance was a pedophile long before then.

So, a lot of things have happened really fast.

In summary, you had sex with some rich bitch and she granted you enternal youth. However; you must now subsist entirely on the souls of angels. There is some unspoken contract which requires you to obey her every word.

Luckily, your conviction that you are the Good Guy in the story has not faltered.

Also the villian kidnapped anime love interest girl and also Serena.

In parallel to the Toushin competition, you also retained the bitterly contested (self-styled) title of The Most Humble Man on Earth.

Your mission now is to descend to the bottom of the dungeon and rescue a man called Rance.

You search (rather fruitlessly) for a Save Point.

T-thanks

From my encounters with Alicesoft Angels in Kichikuou Rance I do not think they are Good creatures.

I mean they glitter and make everyone happy when they are around and only do good things, but I bet it's all for show and in reality they go around donating to the poor because they want to build dependency on hand-outs.

>not 5SNB

Alicia and Cynthia in IV are 14

And there were also Julia and that kid the Youth Group sent to him. He did try to fuck them too, didn't he?

You meet a woman who has an Iron Hymen. You try to break it with your penis, but it doesn't give.

After three tries you give up and grab your sword.

Bizarrely this scares her.

What a wimp

What about one-off whatsherface from the Youth Club? She was at least below Mai's age, wasn't she?

Strictly speaking there is a different word for liking teenage girls, pedophile usually is reserved for prepubescent girls.

Alright haniho, fishface wants gold. Should I pay him? I failed to take Hara's castle, but it should fall next turn. I captured a lot of his guys.

>Paying fishface
>ever

kill him.

How do I uncurse Motonari on Kenshin's route?

You're starting to sound like Rance user. You okay?

I'm a little upset at being raped and then having my soul sucked out and being turned into a slave for a woman that I hate but otherwise i'm fine thanks for asking

I like the way this thread thinks. Saves me from declaring war on him next turn after Hara caves in.

That's a good point, if we go physical age, Mill would technically be both 9 and 19 (her adult form being based on Milli means that she's probably around the same age).

Hara's out of play. I could start recruiting the prerequisites to getting Dousan or start attacking Shit. Thoughts? Also Shouji is sitting in prison. I usually let him rot, but if the thread wants him out, I'll do it. Kitty joins next turn.

Go fuck Shit up. Archers are trash, so unless you want to experience his fantastic story arc, leave him there to become happy pokkuru in near future.

Done, got one territory. I also grabbed Fuuka. She was cuter in KR. Oh well.

Jokes aside, what do you think of the game so far?

Shit successfully fucked up. I got Isoroku, but not Ikkyu.

How the fuck are you supposed to beat Baba on Kenshin's route? Am I supposed to get her to level 70?

Oh nevermind, Xavier fucking read my mind or something.

wait that's the wrong one. Well I'll search for the Kanami fuckup webm tomorrow.

Stay alive.

How does this league shit work anyway? Is some user actually playing the game or is it all CPU vs. CPU?

A fucking nukige has no right to be as good as SR is.

CPUvsCPU

thanks

You descend into the dungeon, where you find a strange plum man who offers you a free gift.

Surely not a trick.

Which do you choose, /hanny/?

In other news you use the money you got from the tourney to buy yourself a house within the city limits.

You've already tried once to escape the city and it made you explode. You will probably need to kill the evil woman before you can leave, but you don't know how. Pressing Assault on the conversation menu has no effect.

tsh...she must behind some sort of immunity field. In that case it can't be helped. You bide your time, waiting for her moment of vulnerability.

That's because SR is an eroge, not a nukige.

SR has a shit ton of sex scenes, but it's not sex focused enough to be a nukige. They kind of suck on the sexiness factor and are usually more funny than anythinh.

>They kind of suck
d-delete that

Rance is slave sexual, so that doesn't really count.

The chef thinks you're a pussy

HA

SUCK IT OPTION EATER
GO CHOKE ON A WALL OF DICKS

I, SEED, THE (self-declared) HERO OF MODESTY AND JUSTICE, HAVE FIGURED OUT YOUR WEAKNESS

AND NOW YOUR MOLESTING DAYS ARE OVER

I, SEED, THE (self-declared) HERO OF MODESTY AND JUSTICE, WILL SAVE ALL GALMONSTERS or at least the ones I have tied up with S&M capture rope FROM YOUR VILE ADVANCES

Seed is insufferable. If I were Gaston I would cuck him out of contempt.

Besides that, the story is pretty good. Twist was well done: I had not been expecting anything supernatural. It could have benefited from some more background construction, it is a little sprung on you.

The girl as motivation post-toushin is weak. Without a clear path to freedom you are forced to de facto cede your agency.

What did you think of the story?

This is why I find it amusing when people say to switch out team members. They're all the same, essentially.

There are many cases like that in the game. Luckily, they're normally super obvious.

you sell the whales for 10k a pop and purchase the house expansion for 40k. you have a gorgeous painting.

aforementioned painting. A bargain at 12000 gold.

Gunagan would be proud

Alicesoft pantheon is full of surprises

>He genuinely tried to put it into a Sill that was younger than Kou
Having played only 01, does Rance I have a depiction of Rance and Sill's pre-Hikari life? Or is that from some interview?

He got his hands into a Lolifier potion, made Sill drink it and tried to fuck her before giving up because his dick couldn't fit inside

You suddenly are overcome with pain, and wake to find yourself in a padded room.

The door opens, and a woman is pushed inside.

Your raging erection bursts your straightjacket apart and you ravish her mercilessly, not stopping until you collapse from exhaustion.

It's happened. It's finally happened.

You've begun to become a man.

So proud.

Also apparently you are now dependent on drugs which only that evil supervillain woman can provide.

As if blackmail was not enough.

WTF Seed, how could you let this happen.

His fault for sticking his dick into crazy.

I mean, he didn't have a choice.

On the 28th floor, you find a dwarven city under siege by an army of Snorlaxes.

The dwarves bitterly contest the walls as Body Slams rain from the outside.

Then, tragedy strikes: a traitor in the ranks undermines and collapses a section of the wall. Snorlaxes roll in by the hundreds, and you only just manage to get the situation under control when a Colossal Snorlax charges the entrance.

Prepare for trouble.

I still can't get over how that whole floor felt like an Attack on Titan refence except two decades before it even existed.

Which game had that duel or whatever where Rance made his enemy's love interest pose naked as a distraction?

III/03

I can't seem to find the relevant CG.

There's no CG of Shizuka naked if that's what you're looking for. Just of the totally fair and honest fight.

That's what I was looking for. Thanks.

On 03 is not a CG, you just have a scene with Ithere pov and Shizuka naked standing image (on pic). Although gyokai did a depiction of that somewhere outside the game, maybe on Shizuka History blog post.

I remember seeing that fight. It was honest and fair and nobody cheated.

They just keep coming.

You run out of magic hammers, and you fight them with your fists.

As the Colossal Snorlax charges through the defensive line, you realize all is lost.

You abandon the city to its fate and rush down into a cave behind the city.

Suddenly. A flash.Your head spins as you are thrown into a montage. You are to be congratulated for finding a path to the next floor of the dungeon.

Which reward do you pick, /hanny/?

Dual Wield is the objectively best skill

>flashbacks from Kichikuou Rance
>flashbacks of Portugal burning
>flashbacks of bloody bodies
I don't want it

That's what I went with

Are you trying to imply something?

You ignore the PTSD-inducing hooker and head to the 29th floor.

You see some sort of insane savage barking in his pig tongue. No idea what he is saying. You cut him down. Behind him you spot a treasure chest and one of those evil trickle-down economics loving angels.

Time to level up.

You approach it, but her coy girlish eyebrows make you take a double take and she dashes off before you can make a grab.

You kindof like it when they play hard to get.

A snack and a piece of meat

Ah! Foiled again!

Sneaky angels. They must be evil!

Aren't Permits kind of busted?

Aha!

Justice comes from behind!

Ahhh... she breaks down crying

Your soul is torn. She is so beautiful. To destroy something so precious... It's one thing to chase and to boast, to achieve sexual conquests... but this is murder.

Can you really do it, /hanny/?

How do I get 4 action points for Rance?

Action Textbook2

Where do I get that?

I think it's a 30 search treasure in some province... let me look it up.

Oshu

Really? I remember having 4 actions in my first playthrough without conquering that far.

fuck.

i don't know if i can do it.

You've already done so many horrible things, adding one body to the count doesn't really matter, does it?

They also drop in dungeons as random loot if you are lucky

I never realized how hard it is to be a good person until TT2 made me weigh it over how much I want to see a H-scene. I fucked at least half of the angels in my first playthrough and always felt like reloading afterwards.

She is going to DIE if I do it.

I'm not being forced to do it, I'm not INSANE at the moment, I'm not even particularly horny. She isn't even annoying, the crying is just perfectly pathetic.

Cold blooded rape and murder. To eat her soul.

How can I do this and still be the Good Guy?

Am I too soft for the secret edgy rape club?

SAT into Rance's better troops, then you can pick +1 Rance's action point in SAT bonus twice.

It was never a big deal to me. I resented whatsherface for turning me and didn't use the angel eater power to get back at her. Raping her would have been okay, but innocent victims? Nah.

I didn't rape a single angel. I'm too pure I guess.

You shake off the stupor. Why the sudden change? A spell

How could you hesitate? It's not even human.

The accursed creature must have cast a spell on you!

You steel yourself. This is for Hizuka!

Rance wouldn't hurt a girl.

Rape them all, rape them for special powers.

Mind posting the Kou's adult form. I can't find what you're talking about.

I can't blame you. Toushin Toshi II is probably much better at guilt tripping rape than feminists.

Almost immediately your body rejects the angel, forcing you to bonsai out. You awake in a padded room with an erection whose very sight could kill a nun.

After satisfying yourself with a woman slave, you collapse in the bed.

You sleep fitfully that night, with dreams of your childhood friends and innocent joy.

Dreams interrupted by the screams of angels.