twitter.com/AnonBabble

none

well there's a tiny cubby in front of the shifter that can't fit anything

that's about it?

It burns a quart of oil every 150 miles

>naturally aspirated
>has a hood scoop factory
What did they mean by this?

No matter how slowly you go my mustang auto will only shift smoothly when your going WOT through all the gears

>press clutch
>*squeak*

there's absolutely nothing
it's probably the most 'normal' new car i've ever driven

Fiesta ST?

When I roll up the back seat windows there's like a crunching sound, I don't know what it is and it didn't always do it.

My car's only door lock is in the fucking center of the console. My only question is why?

the interior fan on my a/c sounds like a card in bicycle spokes. ac works fine but goddamn its annoying especially when its on full blast, which it often is.

I have a 2 door car with 4 seats. If the seat is moved too far forward after being folded down, it can’t fold back up as it’s too high to get past the slope of the roof.

So if anyone gets into the back the seat has to be moved back, then moved forward so they can get in, then moved back, then folded up, and then adjusted for proper driving position.

Also, when I unlock the car only the drivers side unlocks. I have to unlock the other door from the inside to let passengers in. This is a safety setting that I could change if I felt like diving into the menus but I haven’t felt the need to do so.

Why not? I have a Focus too and I don't consider it a quirk.

its called a cup holder

They saved five cents by only having one switch.

my steering lock only comes on after turning the wheel 90 degrees to the right (instead of a small wiggle left/right) and there's a noticable barking sound when i let off the gas over 4k rpm

still works fine so idc

It scares other cars as it passes and their alarms go off to alert their owners of the danger.

The pedals and wheel vibrate uncomfortably if you hold it at 4k RPM in fourth gear, which is about 100 mph. Anything above or below that is fine

Fucking this.
Also
>will run fine in rain but the next day engine always floods itself/chokes/dies
>2 door handles for passenger to exit but only one works
>turning off second heater core resulted in much better heat.

y-yes

The 1 train has plenty of quirks, there's a surprise everytime a beggar, busker, or showtime dancer gets in the car

I attract 50 year old females like you could not even comprehend.

Feels noticeably slower when my father is in the car, it's like it can sense how much of an asshole he is, like a horse trying to buck a rider

Fellow bmw/audi turbo owner?

I guess one more ""quirck"" is the elastic that holds the owner's manual in the glove box. pretty nice feature that leaves the glove box free for stuff I want to put in there instead of manuals

Look at the positive quirks user. The stock Potenza tires were originally developed for the Ferrari Enzo, that's pretty fucking cool.

No, 1zz toyota

and they're pretty good but the 140 treadwear is quite low for a car in this class.

>tfw just put winter wheel/tires on yesterday
4-6 inches tonight, time to get H E K T I K

Inside the trunk theres an area inside this panel that is really easy to rust and kills your non-superbeetle, but is a very interesting area that some last owners *lost* things. I've found a fucking watch on mine, but is common to find tools

It's really not an issue, it just seems like an odd and fairly standard thing to change for no real benefit, although I've had passengers bitch about it before.

It looks like Ford moved it back to the door panel for the refresh.

Lights don't come on, punch dash, lights come on
Engine never gets up to temp, except when it overheats for no reason
Manual lock and windows, but power mirrors
Dipstick will not come out of the engine no matter what.
Odometer is only reports about half the miles actually driven yet still read 200k
Stock tire worked amazing in trails. Put bigger more aggressive tires on, it's worse, science cannot account for this.

MAN IN DANDISM

jalopnik.com/i-am-completely-mystified-by-the-toyota-mr2s-floormats-1796550681

I too have a Fiesta ST. Don’t forget the door lock button in the center of the dash. Also, you can have the panel that hides the spare in a higher or lower position. I keep mine higher to store my skateboard and detailing supplies.

I don't know what they we're thinking with that trunk space design, changing the position is a pain in the ass and it won't fit the OEM weather mats in the lowered position. I keep my cleaning supplies/air compressor/car cover/survival kit down below and leave it in the upper position.

Get this annoying fuck and his face wart off my Veeky Forums REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

None since he didn't talk about any since he reviewed my car in his video

My car has a multi-position cargo shelf that can be used as a picnic table, or in 3 different cargo height settings, or as a divider for the rear area. Also, the rear seats are removable and have carry handles and feet so they can be used outside the car, and the passenger seat folds flat to allow for cargo up to 8.5 feel long with the hatch closed. When folded flat, the passenger seat becomes a work desk, and is hard plastic with a molded-in tray for pens/pencils.
The glovebox (which locks) has small indentations with clips marked ‘airguage’ ‘pen’ and ‘flashlight’, and the owners manual has a slot that it sits in perfectly.
The bottom of the center stack (with a/c, radio, etc) has lights that dim with the dash lights, and shine down to allow you to see the cup holders and built-in change holders without using the map-lights.
It has a power-point in the hatch area, along with a cargo light.
The hatch area also has a small cubby that you could get an optional 10” Kicker subwoofer from the factory, which my car has.
When the car blows a fuse, it pops out of its slot a bit so it’s easier to grab.

A quirk of my particular car would be that it leaks power steering fluid but the level never ever gets low. Nobody can explain it, but you can see where it’s leaking from the p/s rack and it leaves a decent stain wherever it goes. In 6 months, inter level hasn’t dropped at all despite constant drips.
Also I seem to have a slight issue with mice nesting in my air box... so it’s become routine that I pop the hood and open my air box to glean out nuts and grass and twigs every morning, even in winter.
For some reason, the 6-disc cd changer won’t play track 6 on disc 3, no matter what album it is. It will play all songs on 1,2,4,5,6, but never on 3.

In cold weather, the CD player will skip until the car has warmed up.

>CD player

whats it like being a peasant?

I don't have enough cassette tapes to justify installing one.

BUMPER TO BUMPER WARRANTY

Whenever I'm driving my car I can only think about sucking dick, but when I get out ready to suck some dick, my need disappears.

you drive a miata too?

it has a 20gb hard-drive from 2004 and the only way of putting songs on it is to record them from the radio like a cassette player

they mean old air is better than hot air

It doesn't connect to the intake though

When i turn the key in the trunk latch, the car starts.

It stalls if I give it gas in reverse.

The horn has been rewired to be a button below the dash instead f the steering wheel, because the wheel is cracked and will eventually give out (I'm gonna order a new one and fix this)

It's from Canada and I'm in Alabama.

I have to ease the gas pedal while I crank it if I want it to start.

It can't ever decide if the wheel wants to sit straight or slightly left when going forward. It doesn't even wander, the wheel is just strange.

the car stalls if you are being too easy on the clutch

>not stock engine
>older then me
>always broken
>driver window wont work
>slow

There is a switch that sprays windshield wiper fluid at the intercooler to cool it down.

Why does this faggot think that every car made before 2010 is "QUIRKY" and "HILARIOUS"?

>power steering doesn't work
>car randomly shuts off, even when a fair bit above idle
If I'm moving I normally just try and use the momentum to start the engine, lucky its manual.
>fuel gauge doesn't work so i just guess when to fill it up
>no aircon or radio, so i just drive with windows down
My car is a piece of shit and I've got the money to get a new car but I just can't decide on a new car, considering the 86 even though
>muh speed

Is there a remedy for this?
It happens in my wrx and the only cure I have is cranking up my music

Depends on the source of the squeak. Sometimes parts of your pedal assembly just need grease, sometimes you can grease your clutch fork bush, and sometimes it's the clutch pressure plate and you can't do shit without replacing it entirely.

Can't operate the lever that opens the hood without having the driver side door also open.

The clutch squeaks

The rear right turn signal/brake light doesn't work

The rest of the turn signals stay steadily lit if you turn on the indicator so you have to flip the lever multiple times to get them to flash

The clutch is extremely heay and first gear "crunches" about 20% of the time when shifting

The engine light is always on

There's an oil leak and you have to add 2 quarts of oil about every 500-700 miles

My exhaust tip fell off sometime either when offroading or doing stupid shit and as a result my 95 hp 4-cylinder engine can be heard from blocks away.

There is no rear bumper and instead there is a bar with a trailer hitch that is rated for towing 4000 lbs, meanwhile the actual truck isn't rated at all for towing shit.

The roof cover in the cab is gone so it's bare metal

There is no AC (taken out by previous owner)

Either has 45,000, 145.000. or the most likely based on what I could find, 245,000 miles on it.
Seeing as the odo only goes to 5 places you cant tell.

For being such a low hp engine 0-40 is fast as fuck and I can beat most riced civics and other shitmobiles

40-60 takes just as long as 0-40 if not longer.

Top speed is (approximately) 95 mph.
Speedometer only goes to 85 so thats guessing based on how far the needle went past.

Getting to the top speed takes probably 6-7 minutes (if the freeway is traffic free enough to even attempt to do so).

There is no factory rev counter, however there is an aftermarket one.

Which used to work until I got my master cylinder replaced and now it doesn't work at all.

I uniornically love my Danger Ranger.

youtu.be/cp9iqr-rUIU

This might help, i think silicone grease would also work

lmfao

Nice but please stop the reddit spacing

>Weird noise coming from rear. Guessing suspension is going
>Passenger heated seat on heats the ass
>One of the plastic panels raises up in 20°C or higher weather, goes back down when cooler. Luckily it's small
>I would say starts everytime, but it's Japanese so that's pretty normal

Also, shifts rough when going slow or not revving high, but shifts super smooth at high revs

Saving money on not having engineer a proper door and switch. Fucking Ford. Every fucking time

>W124 Mercedes Benz

Asymmetrical side mirrors
One windshield-wiper instead of two
Small useless sun-visor on top of the rear view mirror
Car has 4 air-vents 2 in the middle and one on each side, cool air only comes from the middle ones and hot air only on the side ones
There is a button to lower the headrests of rear seats (For what purpose?)
There is a "missing" tail light bulb in the passenger's side
You can open the hood all the way up but only if you fuck around with small thinges requiring you to walk around the other side of the car at least once to get both of them in the open position
While not specific to W124 I fucking hate the pedal operated parking brake (Seriously WHY is this a thing?)

Starts the first time every time when cold. Won't start about half of the time if its been running, gotta wait 10-20 minutes and then it'll go.

Other car:
Narsty spring compression sorta noise from the front right wheel area when breaking. should probably fix this.

It'll start without the key in, and you can remove the key without locking the ignition or when the car is on.

Doors are quite a bitch to engineer, it's hard to cramp in so many parts while interior is fighting she'll. It's not only ford but every german carmaker. Don't know about US carmakers, I heard they are driving around plenty of air in their vehicles

>t. miata

Probably your pedal bushing, replace with delrin/bronze for no squeaking or side-to-side play

The mode on the Webasto turns from ventilation to heating if the outside temperature drops below a certain point, even if you just set it up before exiting the car.

>5 degrees during the night
>sunny and 26 during the day
>turn on ventilation, but it goes to heating instead

ワン・フォー・オール

Key in centre console
Overly complex cupholder
Headlight wipers
And motherfuckin NIGHT PANEL, turning my car into the ultimate nighttime highway cruiser

>Engine doesn't start without 1/4 can of engine starter in throttle
>handbrake needs to be slammed down for release button to come out
>extractors burn out knock sensor once a year because to close.
>extractors fuck big red starter motor cable and slowly melts
>extractors slowly fuck clutch cable over about 2 years
>sub that last owner installed behind passager seat gives passager limited leg room but I don't want to remove cause sikk beats

Sounds like you already found the fix.

Wiper stalk works in reverse to any other car I've had, you push up for one wipe and down for the different speeds.
There is no low beam indicator light on the dash, only high beam.
There is only one fog light and it's in the rear of the car.
There is only one reverse light and it's way too high up so it doesn't really illuminate the curb so I have to open the door and see how far I am from it when I parallel park at night.
You have to unbolt the rear backrests first to remove the rear seat, something you learn if you have to open the fuel tank.
Fucking Nissan.

I hate this meme

It's literally too hard to read otherwise.

If someone posts a wall of text with no spaces I will straight up skip that shit because my eyes are too bad.

What kind of car? I want one now.

I must know what you are driving as the only women I have a hard-on to are MILFs in their 50s.

pt cruiser

Burns oil from full to half dipstick in 5000 km
If I stay in neutral on the traffic light several times in a row transmission goes berserk with jerks
If I turn engine on and not move in 5 minutes the engine will overheat
Drivers seat is crooked a little bit
Back AC blows hot air and cannot be adjusted to cold
Fucking cupholders broken by previous owner
Hood and roof are now matte black because of sun damage
Round "blind zone" mirror installed instead of right mirror which broke, electric controls still work for some reason
Coolant tank is duct-taped because mounts broke off long time ago
Always have spare coolant and oil in the trunk

Wtf. What car

It looks sporty but isn't.

It has banana Dials and a futuristic digital dash (futuristic for the nineties)

Doug has got to be the most uncharismatic guy in history

Burns half a quart in 200 miles.

wait really?

The center of the steering wheel is fixed.

The corner lighting is actually in the upper headlights instead of using fog lights for superior lighting.

The cupholder is in a retarded spot and rests underneath the center arm rest.

The gearbox is from a bimmer (and shifts quite well)

It looks much more expensive and elegant than it actually is. People mention my car all the time and how someone my age can afford to drive it.

A lot of things are easily serviceable.

The car has a "Check" button which makes it scan for any potential errors and alerts you about them on the display.

Also citroen suspension I guess.

youtu.be/STdVLEO4MxA

what quirks she doesn't have
>already underpowered engine kind of struggles to accelerate
>first gear has a ~30% chance of switching back to neutral by itself
>loose steering wheel
>handbrake barely works
>starter sometimes shits itself
>doors can be opened with a nail clipper
>engine overheats easily
and yet she puts me in a good mood every time I drive her

>brake at speeds over 60kmh
>brakes vibrate hard enough to make you think theyre coming off
>brake
>rear left drum does a grinding sound but not all the time
>driver door hold open thing is rusty as shit and obeys its own laws
>the alignment was done with the wheels not straight and the blinker goes out whenever
>the engine mounts sometime sounds like theyre inexistant and the engine clangs around but not all the time
>the suspension sounds like its going to eject itself as well during these noise periods
>trying to unlock the driver door will sometime result in nothing at all and you need to lock it to unlock it
>sometimes run like its got 50hp @5500 rpm while it normally has 73 @6350
>smokes blue as fuck all the time, even on the highway at WOT despite not burning a single bit of oil
>done a quick radiator fix after an accident, now works better than ever
>handbrake light stays on forever
>high beam dash light is very visible in broad daylight, but the rest of the dash (bar that fucking handbrake light) is darker than a nigger's asshole, including the low beam light
I love her
I think the car might be dying but it drives perfectly fine.

the driver window crank makes an awful squeaking sound and its HARD to use and i cant take it off because i superglued the bolt in place because that was stripped and i cant replace the speaker as well

Let's not forget about the pneumatic central locking system.

I love my W124 though, for all its quirks.

Weird noise when clutch is released.

Exhausts sits too low in one section and bangs against the ground.

Clutch is so heavy it's like stomping on a dead baby every time you change gears.

1st to 2nd crunches half the time.

On E85 so when idling car smells delicious.

Brembos, so they squeak like crazy unless car is being driven hard.

Teenagers think it's a Ferrari

Vakuum central locking ftw
>W201

Well my car has this quirk where the engine overheats and burns all its oil hahaha I really love it for that quirk.
I've bought a car to dd so I don't have to fix the quirk in my car

My 84 rx7 seems to let in air directly from outside on the drivers side vent. I've tried closing the vent and it didn't do anythjng. Kind of stumped desu

>have to agressivly stomp on the gas in order to start it
>loud clunking sound everytime its shifted into reverse
>transmission leaks fluid
>shifter has to be put into a very precise spot in order to go into gear, otherwise it will remain in neutral
>V8 swapped car with original I4 rear end, it goes sideways when doing burnouts and fish tails at high speeds

over 80mph my passenger door stars making a rushing sound but i can't find any gaps or broken seals around the door or window

i don't get it

That area is there to store 13 and 10mm wrenches along with leaves.

I bought chinese LED headlight bulbs to replace dim trash I had from the factory, both bulbs on left side blew during a roadtrip, so I replaced them back and didn't bother with the right side, and now my car has heterochromia that I can't be assed to fix.

Miata or Foxbody?