My brother died in a car wreck and I'm very nervous driving...

My brother died in a car wreck and I'm very nervous driving. Not to mention I just looked up the crash tests for my car and they don't look good. Would people look down on me if I added a roll cage and harness to my shit box? Has anyone else done this just for daily use?

Unless you wear a 5pt harness and helmet every-time you drive you'll be making your shitbox even more unsafe.

If you're that nervous, please, please do yourself a favor and just take Uber.
I'm not even being sarcastic.
Please don't drive if you aren't confident in it.

Is your shitbox an XD-XF Falcon like pic related? Yeah, they're shithouse in a crash. They literally fold like paper mache when you try to wrench open the doors post collision.

Don't forget the Hans device.

The problem with roll bars is they're designed to work in conjunction with harnesses + helmets. If you get into a wreck with a roll bar and don't have either, you'll just slam your head on a metal pole and do even more damage to yourself. Not to mention, the cost of creating + installing a full cabin roll cage would probably equal the same of just getting a whole new shitbox.

Sorry about your brother, user. That's my worst fear.

Lol faggot i ride a motorcycle every where i go, and youre scared your cage isnt enough?

Car cucks are truly pussies

Get back to /pol/, and never come back.

>motorbikes are /pol/
are you ok?

>implying im pol scum

Kek. Fuck pol and fuck you, cage cuck

Watch out bro i got this

Is it weird that I hope I die in a car accident? I love driving all the time in all conditions, and would rather I just get instakilled by a semi running a red light someday or something rather than dying of cancer or some bullshit.

Some people enjoy and care about their lives enough that they are concerned over arguably low risks.

>caged up cuck
>enjoying life

Put on your seatbelt little jimmy it's unsafe to not wear it!!!!!!!

>ITT:
City people...

Is this the sort of attitude you get when motorcyclists realize they can't corner?

>having to calculate your route to avoid road snakes
>not being able to go anywhere in the rain
>can't corner

>me cor-nor! Connor!!!! CONNOR!!!!!

btfo

There are these things called bus passes you might want to look into.

this seemed like steps in the right direction.

Your brother deserved it and hopefully you die due to sheer pussyness.
Be a bus rider like 50% of this stupid board. Stay off my road, weakling. I'll leave you in the dust to die. Pathetic.

I know how you feel. After looking up fatality statistics after the Pulse shooting last year I realized my old beater that god a poor in the frontal offset crash test was a killbox. I looked into exactly what you are thinking of doing, but the costs didn't make sense and the added inconvenience of driving with a harness and helmet was stupid. I ended up selling the old car and getting a new one that had the highest impact rating I could find for cheap. I would advise a similar route.

The most safety for money you can get is a used Saab 9-3 or 9-5.

My father died in a bike accident and that didnt stop me from riding bikes, just because its not scary riding a bike doesnt meab ita not djucking dangerous. I almost died a few times myself and quit that shit and youd have a hard time finding a biker that didnt lose other biker friends in accidents. Kys

As for op, i guess his mom cucked you. Ppl die by walking in the sidewalk as 30 of car accidents. Unless you really are frozen when driving dont deny yourself the quality of life that is a car. Take some driving lessons and see how it feels. If old women can do it so can you. Again, its only scary cos u didnt do it. Kinda like girls. You always have a risk of catching am std, doesnt mean you stay a virgin.

Also, if you look up statistics of beef, alcohol and other foods youd find scary shit. But statstics isnt real life. Jogging is healthy but you look up statistics and youd be worrying about your knees. Get my point?

>Aaah noo i might die better stop doing this

Hahaha look at this nerd it's like he has a reason to live or something

What a fag

What about a Jeep?
Jeeps come factory with roll bars right next to your head.
I don't buy the shitty nonsense argument that roll bars are unsafe because you could hit your head on them. You could hit your head on a lot of things. You're probably more likely to smash your windows with your skull than you are your roll bar, but you don't see people advocating for driving with your windows down. Hell you should be driving with full goggles because you could easily get a glass shard in your eye in a collision. It's tempered after all, so when it breaks it breaks big time.

user don't stress yourself out if you're genuinely too nervous to drive. A nervous driver can be almost as bad as a nutcase driver sometimes, so it might be best for you to just take the bus/train/uber where you need to go.

If you're dead set on driving, remember these mental rules;
1. Never be afraid to pull over and let people pass if they're being cunts, flashing lights/honking horns/tailgating, etc. That sort of shit will build on you and make you more nervous until you fuck up.
2. Above everything else when driving, be decisive in your actions. If you see an good opening to pull out to, take it. Waiting and thinking about it too long will make you miss it and you'll end up sitting at every T intersection for fifteen minutes for the rest of your life.
This goes for other things as well. Merging, braking, accelerating, etc. Being indecisive is just a road to making yourself a driving mess.

Above everything else, don't worry. Crashes do happen, but you just have to remember to drive responsibly and reponsively and you'll be fine.

looks like, is it just me or does it have EA rims on it?

and OP its pretty simple actually [spoiler]just don't have an accident [/spoiler]

SKELETOR

Above your head and doesn't have an X-brace or harness bar. My old man raced circle track and went backwards into a wall one time and hit his head off the X-brace- Even with his helmet on it rang his fucking bell. You don't see people talking about cages being unsafe because people dailying with them is just not common. Why don't you see people talking about the nonsense argument that horses are dangerous because you can get kicked by a horse? You can get kicked by lots of things!

People probably daily drive with a cage at about the same numbers as people who commute by horse so the people talking about safety for either is probably similar and segmented. Just because you don't see people talking about it doesn't mean it's not an issue.

pic related

I'd rather hit my head on a metal pole than on the bumper of a Ford Excursion as it decimates the cabin. Laceration and trauma > skull smashed like a watermelon. Also you can pad rollcages if you have a roomy interior.

Padding barely does shit, you get domerocked by one of those bars, even with a helmet, it feels like the padding isn't there. It's probably better than nothing, but if an SUV is hitting your vehicle hard enough to cave in the superstructure of your car and kill you, it's going to cause you to hit your head on one of the bars hard enough to kill you.

You underestimate the power of TUUUUBES. Use thick ones, arch them to the outside, arrange them in triangles. They'll take a lot of force. Only question is whether your vehicle can take the extra weight.

t. metal constructions draftsman

I'm not arguing whether or not a cage will hold up, I'm saying tubes > sissy human brainpan.