Fwd handling 101

instead of shitposting like 90% of Veeky Forums threads i figured id make a somewhat informative thread
>own modofied fwd hondas all throughout high school, only real education in driving technique was via original forza
>get an RSX-S at 20 and procede do do a full N/A "build" (cams,high quility bolt ons including intake manifold, and finally dynotune at 236whp) and strip out 100lbs + worth of wieght(i only wieghed 140lbs at the time) also tien coilovers
>i took it down through the appalachian mtns after only driving through mainly flat and straight midwest roads, quickly found out first hand about understeer although it was muted due to hondas lack of tq.
>even with stiff coilovers i noticed i could compensate a bit by braking late into a turn taking most of the wieght off the back tires and causing some oversteer and snaping back onto line keeping my revs high and accelerating
it really wasnt that effective though since honda motors are all revs and no tq, slowly getting back on the gas through the turn worked about the same if not better since understeer was limited.
>i did however perfect this technique in my saab 9-3 which was a completly different beast
>this engine was all low and mid range tq, at about 230 whp and 260 ft/lbs after bolt ons and a tune
>the slightest bit of accleration mid turn would cause exagerrated understeer
>on the windy roads in the hills of southwest WI i practiced dipping the car under heavy braking and slightly kicking the back end out, quickly easing on the gas and having the tq understeer to pupp my car back to the edge of the road exiting the corner
>i only used this on mid speed corners at about 40-60mph entry speeds
>it took me about a year until i could confidently pick lines using this, but if you have balls and good cordination it atleast feels alot faster going through coners

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/P5-rKLvQYtc?t=10m10s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pt.2
It was a $2000 car that i had confidence it wouldnt kill me if i crashed being a saab. Its a bit tricky and maybe not the safest thing to do but it feels amazing once you pull it off.
>any other tips or techniques for driving fwd cars?
sorry if i sounded like an autist or retard i just kind of self taught myself.

> fwd handling 101
>proceeds to post a blog
fuck off op

tl:dr;

Someone once posted a rally racer (forum i think?) instructional with all the techniques you can apply to fwd and awd cars
Anyone have it?

>wall of green text
just stab my eyes senpai

You can drift an FF

youtu.be/P5-rKLvQYtc?t=10m10s

So slow-in fast-out like every car?

so lame loll

>no track experience
>no racing school experience
>muh wannabe touge shit

yeah, you have no useful info for anyone.

I did the same thing in a 9-3 tuned to 350 wheel horsepower and 375ft/lbs of torque.

You've now mastered FWD and switching back to RWD is going to be difficult because it won't be as much fun or as technical.

Welcome to the club.

More like mastering trailbraking and weight transfer.

Fast in, shift weight to rear tyres to kick out lightly, tap brake to restore weight to front, accelerate hard out. You don't bleed lot of speed and it's pretty good fun.

Hoon / 10

I love how this post has literally no useful information whatsoever about handling in fwd or what you can do to make your car or yourself handle better in it

please kys op

It does. It's called weight transfer you muppet.

Don't get snappy at me because your thread is shit you cunt

thats not even me m8, do you really think i would samefag

You can stop samefagging so hard now it's embarrasing

Must suck to not be able to read.

>full n/a build
>cam and bolt ons
Can the newbies stay in their box please

>2017
>not understanding ironic use of quotations

>tfw almost crashed my fwd shitbox on the toe gay tonight from understeer
halp

The more you turn, the less you throttle.

You can lightly break with your left foot while you're on the throttle.

You can jab the break in a corner to kick the back end out.

You can combine the Scandinavian Flick with a break jab for super special extra rotation.

Learn how to fucking Trail Break.

This.

*Brake
sorry, 'tism thing.

My truck understeers hard as shit in turns out on the trails. I have to really give it a hard flick and a lot of throttle early on, or it just slides.
I'd definitely recommend OP go desert racing, or go find a good dirt road. You really learn a lot of car control because it doesn't take as much to slide.

Based on my experience with rally and awd, I'd figure that front drive is about the same.
I always late apex. It's safer, and has its advantages.
Under heavy braking, you want to use all that downforce on your front tires to your advantage. Give it a bit of opposite direction just before your turn in point, and then flick it back and give it a lot of initial turn in. Now is the hard part. You basically want the rear to slide out enough so that your front wheels are straight and the car is pointed at the exit just before the apex. Start acceleration when you are close to the wheels being straight, to bring the rear back in line.
You don't ever want to countersteer to compensate the rear. It's slower, and you've basically got the rear too far out, or are entering too fast.
It's hard to put into words, I just naturally do it at this point.

Did you have an Aero or a tuned to shit Linear?

How does one avoid lift off oversteer in a fwd car?

this thread already happened years ago
I covered it all from mechanics to kinematics
>Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine