Swing Trading

I have less than a week experience with trading and I am already up $20 after commissions from TWTR (Bought 25@$15.595)

Been looking for another opportunity like above but can't find a promising stock.

How do you go about finding good stocks as a swing trader?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GDp7SXhqC5g
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is nvidia at a dip right now and is it time to buy?

You bought 30 shares and your account consists of $500?
Please tell me this isn't the entirety of your capital.

sorry I meant 35 shares at 15.595

my entire capital is 10K Cad or about 7k usd

>up $20
This is a troll thread.

im being serious.

This is my first time making money at stocks and it feels significant

bro you're going to lose money. hundreds probably. Then you'll quit for a while.

hey okay okay slow down kid... You have to pay 25% of it back to the government.

Even in canada?

>up $20
what
the
actual
fuck.

you have to be at least eight years old to post here, OP.

well what the fuck did you expect me to put 7k in twitter? its only been 2 days

if your account is a TFSA then you don't have to pay any capital gains tax.

yes its tfsa

no, it's just funny that your excited. don't invest at twitter at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=GDp7SXhqC5g

then that $20 is all yours, my man. minus the trading fees, which are probably around $5 to buy and $5 to sell, depending on who your broker is.

i factored in the 9.99x2 when i said 20 profit

oh sick! but in my opinion you could have just as easily lost $20, or much more. your (minuscule) success isn't the result of a good trading decision. there's sharks out there, OP.

look up algorithms u cuck

i bought at the pinnacle of the dip tho

NMM is setting up for a nice swing buy when it test 1.77-1.80 range. Swing it to $5
IF you wanna make some big gains buy SGBY and let it fly

>my entire capital is 10K Cad or about 7k usd
Are you under the impression that this is right around how much one needs to have a legitimate shot at trading, and you just happen to have that much?
Or do you believe you can successfully trade with any amount?
It has to be one or the other.

use robinhood if ur gonna use tard money like that.

>50% of profit lost to commission
>tack on another 25-40% for tax

kill urself

You have to ask yourself now. Is what I did pure luck or did I actually know what I was doing?
If you sat there and just watched the charts your going to get fucked. This is the way addicted gamblers think.
If you win a hand you think your hot shit and that you know exactly what your doing despite not learning how to count cards. Then you get cocky and they fuck you.

why exactly will nmm jump? Nothing I've found seems that good about this stock.

Coca-Cola, Nike. The New York times business section. It's very easy to be a swing trader if you're willing to go short and don't shoot for anything higher than 45% YTD.

There are tons of intermediate mid-large cap stock traders that get off by chiseling market makers through charting exclusively. It's not counting cards, it's buying when it's obviously on sale.

Nobody can beat the market. Just do the sensible thing and invest in index funds.

After 20 years you will have around $100!

>if you're willing to go short
I doubt he's able to, with $7K as his capital.

you can't find another amazing opportunity in the entire market that will net you a whole $20 gain?

T H I N N
H
I
N
N

small sample size, variance.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

The additional choice is implied.
Namely, that he believes his capital to be insufficient, yet is trading regardless.

Look into smaller prices stocks with good volume.

I'm up 170 bucks on my AIG trade. am I l33t trader now?

You are are slightly more of a "tard" than OP is. OP is Canadian, no RH. OP is doing his investing under the shell of a TFSA, no tax on interest or cap gains.

can't use margin. so no day trading.

>day trading in a tfsa
Enjoy your buttrape

Seriously? CRA doesn't give a fuck about OP. They are targeting people with TFSA well over 100k or even over a 1m. Since they total culminative contribution for 2017 is 52k.

I just started messing with Investopedia in January but heres how Ive done so far.

>20 dollars per week

You're set for life senpai

>pinnacle of the dip

The word is "nadir", you illiterate leaf.

You're up 4%, it'll be gone tomorrow and back the next, not a significant gain.

Cool now why don't you join the smart guys club and trade cryptos? Your 25$ gain could have been 25k dollars.

this is so fucking gay shut the fuck up gaytard