/dbt/ - Suzuki general

You meet the nicest people on a Suzuki edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Tips & Tricks
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Motorcycle Chicken Strip Support Group

/dbt/ map: Meet & fuck.
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Nobike? Start here:

A2 bikes:
>a2bikes.co.uk/

Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Webms with sound:

Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n0LSh97AbMw
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_R1200GS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

blue wheels look great you gaylord

youtube.com/watch?v=n0LSh97AbMw

Only semi true
Most of the gsxr riders I know are tools, like the one harley guy that post here.
Most of the people on other models tend to be pretty chill.

W R O N G
stop having poor taste, young man

enjoy your generic baiku and girls as dry as the sahara while i drown in moistness from my blue wheels

imo it's about the type of blue
most of the ones people use are too fabulous.

Suzuki gets all the gets

except praise
lmayo

actually a good one

I love triumph bikes. What a great day to be British my friends.
Let us rejoice and all be British on this blessed day my friends.

OI OI OI

Is there a better cheap used bike for all around practicality (touring, twisties, commuting) than this? I was also thinking about a Honda Hornet, but they are ugly and have no wind protection.

>he doesn't want to feel the wind

Y A M A H A
A
M
A
H
A

you feel enough of the wind

>dbt posters don't lift
This explains a lot

Are you okay?

I had the later model, great bike for being decent at everything.

I don't lift, I ride

still in recovery

Of course I lift, I ride a suzuki

I deadlift my bike does that count?

>Never lifted in my entire life (xcept your mom lmaobbq)
>Lifted my pigfat gs first try after droping it one morning
Never understood this meme, basicaly only skinnyfags lift.

>GS
>hard to lift

Easily done one handed, if it's not fully packed.

>lifting when you could be riding
You some kinda faggot or something?

>not wanting a cute twink physique
yucky

Lifting adds mass, mass is bad for riding.

It was packed, saddle bag and topcase full, still, that's a little 220kgs to deadlift but ok tough guy.

>GS
>220kg

Wait, what GS are you talking?

2006, 229kgs .

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_R1200GS

What about at night, during winter, when its snowing?

Goddamnit they became light

Mine is 250kg, without any cases.

You ride, wuss

What about that?

1150 user, i knew it was you, always ready to diss my beloved tank !
Why the fuck take a picture instead of picking it up though?

The 1200 is just the lesser GS.

>Why the fuck take a picture instead of picking it up though?
For shitposting purposes.

r8 my bike

>The lesser gs
Pic related.
When will you have enough bucks to get yourself a real one? :^)

But I have a real one.
Not some ride by wire plastic knock off.

You didn't deadlift 220kgs.
Even when completely dropped there is some mass on the wheels and for every centimeter you lift the bike, less mass has to be lifted.
A twink manlet can lift a heavy bike with technique but struggle to deadlift 1pl8.

Nice try but no ride by wire until the 2012's models, buddy !
They're practically the same bikes, but i don't really like the head of yours, bit too round. But to each its kinks.
Thanks for the explanation fitizen, why did you escape your circlejerk?

I don't lift anymore but don't delude yourself that picking up a bike is anything like actual lifting.

Gaudy disfunctional joke. You must be Filipino.

Friend lets me try motorcycle gets me all hyped to buy one he has a 600 keep asking him if I should get a 300 tells me no no get a bigger block. Buy a yamaha r1 dad bretty much bans me from riding it since I still live with him hes convinced im going to die. I'm scared of the thing too I should have just bouht a fz07 :(

Use some punctuation next time fag

You meet the nicest people on a Honda, not on a Suzuki.

Pic related.

Good day to you, sir.

wrong

Should I go for a CBR or ninja 300? I'm stuck between the two and not sure which I want.

>one harley guy

There is more than one of us, I am selling mine anyway, getting a z1000sx instead.

So many bikers I meet tend to have some big opinion on people who ride a type of bike they dont have/like its kinda gay desu.

What do ya'll think of my sv?
Just painted it, since this was taken i put a delkevic shorty on it too. Sounds and looks proper.

ninja between those two.

or pick up a 600 cruiser off CL. Used beater you wont care about, sell it later for the same vaule then go get yourself a nice bike.

Great bike, currently repairing mine, a lot of power and the most amount of power you can reduce for a2, cant wait to drive it without cuck reduction. Weird lack of power from 6-8k with reduction, 6th gear gets 160, 5th 170 and 4th 180 kmh, really weird, but probably fine without reduction, you need to rev like crazy for power as its a 600 i4

Looks tryhard faggoty, like you tried to paint it to make it look like an old r1

lol not sure which r1 you mean. Just cause it's white?
All i've done is accent the shape of the plastics with red. Looks good imo.

is it solid rear? looks really heavy

Br/os/

I'm supposed to commute 200 miles on Thursday, which I've been doing the past few weeks, but the forecast is calling for rain.

I have rain gear, but I'm afraid. Hold me.

Hey guys, i dropped my suzuki (pic related)
Do you think the city will come after me for the damage? It took a crane to get it out

>this fucking meme

FACT:
In general, suzuki motorcycles are heavier than their competitors

I just did some offroading on my R1200R with limited ground clearance and road tyres, also weighing in at 220kg wet, because my sat nav told me to go down this road and it was too narrow to U turn and too steep to push it back out.

It was extremely muddy and slippery and my bike nearly went over into a river.

It was a very intense and unpleasant experience and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

What did you guys get up to today?

Why the fuck won't honda let me on a testride?
I'm here with a license and everything, on a bike that's worth more used than the majority of their showroom new and they still refuse to let me on a bike

Not even anything remotely overpowered: just wanted to try out a viffer or any of their dct bikes

Ive never test ridden any bike ive ever bought ever. I dont see the point.
If you want it, buy it.

A lot of dealers will let you test ride a similar "test ride bike" that's gotten knocked around the block a bit.

I'm sure a lot of guys come in and say they've been riding for years, then proceed to drop brand new bikes pulling out of the parking lot.

Cucc
I want to try their fancy shit, I have no intention to buy one right now, much less a newer model
And I may be an asshole for that
Still, I think it's a huge mistake on their part to drive away a customer out of seemingly no reason

Degreased and lubed the chain. Went for a quick twistie ride before going on vacation for a week.

>don't want to buy
>just want to ride their expensive bike
You're a piece of shit and they know it.

Fair enough, I'd have taken that
I've asked quite honestly "I'd like to try any one of your dct models" i'd have settled for an NC or integra

It just comes off wierd to me, as BMW will let you testride even if unlicensed and MV practically begs you to sit on a brutale

That's pretty neat user.
>Buying a bike for the looks only
That's a nobike first mistake, they end up with an underpowered pos or a crotchrocket they'll die on.
Try another seller then, or test ride an equivalent from another brand, which model are you into?

No one said anything about looks
>look up specs and like them
>look up ergonomics and like them
>price point is correct
Buy bike
Whats the issue?

>Expensive
>Like 4k brand new
Lulz
I just want to try their automatic models
Already tried the FJRe and it was decent

>4k
>fancy shit
>honda
Lulz

I broke down and bought an old man touring jacket so I don't freeze my ass off this winter.

The riding feel, your position on the bike, the general comfyness of it...
Never buy without at least taking it around the block, even more for a second hand.
My old man bought the Africa Twin with dct and he's pretty satisfied with it, it's strange the first times you ride it but it's actually pretty cool.

Bikes feel like bikes
The position can be changed with bars, pegs, seats, etc.
Never had a bike i didnt feel comfortable on after minor changes.

Is it a test ride day or are you just randomly going in asking to ride around on the bikes they are trying to sell?

as someone who commutes 20 miles a day all year round in the UK you need to ditch style for comfort. I look like a complete nerd in my high vis touring jacket but it keeps me really warm.

>not stopping riding in winter
>buying efficient gear without caring of it's look
A Ducati guy not being a living meme ?
I don't know which reality i'm in but by god i like it.

>Buying a 10k moped because you like the looks of it and read once it was zomgthefastestttt
>Spend another 10k on a bunch of parts to make it manageable to ride to your comfort

Yeah, real genius bud, you're the Harley guy right?

No one said looks
You're exaggerating because you have zero argument.
Harleys are for power bottoms

It's not a ride day, I've already had to book one, but i've yet to meet any other dealer who won't let you testride a 3 year old model, or at least book a date or make some sort of arrangement

>tfw

>extremely muddy and slippery
mmmmhh, the best kind

so after covering my bike with ACF 50 that's it? No need to clean it ever, and it's waterproof?

>not Teflon coating your bike

>extremely muddy and slippery
just like ur momes ashol lmaooooooooo

>ACF 50
>not CRF50
Pft

Suzuki a shit

speak for yourself, mr. bend plate

thanks ham.

4k brand new is like bottom of the barrel at the showroom lol

>10k
10k? Bars and rear sets wouldn't exceed $300.

bro do you even bend?

Top kek, literally sounds like my first time offroading on my 650GS. Towards the end I cursing and damning my bike to hell but eventually she pulled me through

Yes
pic related etc pp and so on, as you surely know by now

convince me whether I should or should not get a sport tourer like a VFR 800 or Sprint 1050.

Damn, how much did that hover bike run you?

The hover bike is given to you by god, you can't just simply go out and buy one

yes i saved tehse

Yeah man I had to outfit a windscreen to my bike and start wearing my hi viz warm jacket in the mornings. I never thought I'd do it but it's worth it so you can ride more

r-really?