Anyone on here have an ownership experience with a Merc C250?

Anyone on here have an ownership experience with a Merc C250?

Planning on picking one up next week and keeping it for 10 years. What can I expect.

If you want to keep something for the next 10 years get an Accord instead. A higher trim Accord will even have a nicer interior than a base model C class

LOL

jesus christ

Yeah I had one but it was shit so I chopped it in for my Peugeot 106

Right I forgot that this board is filled with bus riders that don't even have their licenses

Shouldn't you kids be at school?

>A Mercedes won't last 10 years

you guys do realise that base model c classes are only good for badge whoring
and what said is true

The Accord's interior will last better than the C classes and mechanically the Accord will be cheaper to won and operate

Stay underage

>A higher trim Accord will even have a nicer interior than a base model C-Class

Yes you dumbass, especially the generatino OP posted. You haven't even driven either car have you?

I'm getting this with a 100,000 mile warranty and I've taken my previous C-Class, a 1999 C280 to 192,000 miles with no mechanical failures so far. Accord interiors are made out of cheap plastics that wear easily. Honda longevity is attributed to simple reliable powertrains not durable interiors. Cheap plastics abound in Hondas.

Also
>CVT

C classes are filled with cheaper plastics, don't kid yourself. And Accord interiors don't wear easily at all they last a long time

also:
>whining about a CVT when it's only on the basic bitch model

If you want to buy a Mercedes, buy a good one
t. S class and Accord owner

I used to work at a Honda dealer and my family has owned about 7 Mercs. Please let me know what Honda has a nicer interior than this.

>And Accord interiors don't wear easily at all they last a long time
>t. S class and Accord owner

Fucking kek. Holy christ, this is some next level comedy.

>he judges interiors based on pictures from the internet

Post your cars

>posts worst C class in worst colour

I've sat in this my nigga. This Accord is a perfect example of camerawork trying to make cheap plastics look nice. You're a Honda badgewhore if you have sat in these two vehicles will straight faced say the Accord has a nicer interior. That or a liar.

How can one be a Honda badgewhore? How can you sit in a car that was just announced?

I have an old C-Class, which I bought out of high school and a 2016 Nissan Sentra which I daily drive. I'm planning on dumping both over the next two weeks and replacing both with a C250. I then plan on buying a Mustang after the used GT models fall below the $18,000 mark in about a year or two. I've owned a 92 Camaro, 2001 Tundra (gifted to me by my grandfather while I was between cars and returned to him after high school) and a 2016 Civic which was rear ended and totaled while parked.

Additionally I used to work at a two different Honda dealerships and my family has owned a few Hondas
2008 CRV
2012 Accord V6
2014 Accord EX I4

My family has owned the following Mercedes
1990 420SEL
1995 300E
1999 E320 Wagon
1999 S500
2006 E500
2013 E350
2014 GLK250 Bluetec

Sure yuo do

>Nissan Sentra
No wonder your taste is so shit

Do you honestly disbelieve that I own a fucking C280 and Sentra?

Own? No. Financed like a good goy? More likely

>proposing a shitty ricebox commuter car over a luxogerman
Veeky Forums may literally be the worst board on 4chinz

>he thinks a fucking C class is luxury
Amerilard logic

I bought my Sentra for $14,000 with insurance payout + rich daddy bux

>good goy

/pol/ plz go, this is a wholesome board

>keep shilling like a good goy

>$14k in cash
>buys a fucking Sentra
Get off Veeky Forums

MSRP on it was listed at $19,000. I got it new with a 60,000 mile warranty for $14,000 after incentives. I'm turning around and selling it for $13,500 two years later. I don't see how that was a bad deal at all. I effectively only spent $500 on a new warrantied vehicle and drove it hard for a few years.

Why are you here?

You could have bought an S2000 for $14k and it would be worth $20k today

Because I wanted to see if any Europosters had any longterm ownership experience with C250s. The 1.8 Mercedes turbo has been in vehicles there for a long time.

I just drive my dads C6 when I want a fun car. S2000s are boring outside of twisties.

>daddy's kid
go and stay go

>Not having a good relationship with your father

Must suck to be so bitter

I wouldn't ask my dad to buy me shit even if he wants to

A W204? Or W205? 2008-2011 or 2012+?

The W204 has proven to be a mostly solid platform, and continues the tradition of providing simple cars with absolutely no industry leading features. Instead, it's all about providing you that Mercedes package. Of all the C-classes, it's probably the most tuned towards being a sports sedan (it's not a sports sedan). The ride quality is confident, not cushy. The interior is simple, and functional. COMAND is outdated on arrival. I can't comment on the 722.9 transmission, but if they're like the other auto trannies, they're solid until they're not. Take that as you will. The 2008-2011 NA V6s are solid, but not fast. Don't try to race a 328i off the light or in the corners. The turbo engines have flashes available for them, particularly the C300 being literally the same engine as the C350. The engine bay is spacious, and given a set of torx/e-torx sockets, you could easily reach and fix anything there. Front wheel camber and/or caster is fucked; spirited driving will murder the outside edge of your tires. Buy the factory camber adjustment bolts (ups camber to about 1.2-1.5' negative), and up your air pressures. Traction control works like magic in the snow, if you don't do something completely stupid. Rear seat legroom does not compete against most other sedans. The less options you buy, the less problems you will have (duh, but worth saying). A copy of the WIS manual system is highly recommended, it's only about $40 or so. Nothing mechanical is likely to have any problems.

Known common problems: Tail light wiring harness may catch on fire (recall), cam sensor harness may fail (recall), intake manifold actuator may fail ($300 kit on pelican parts to fix), electronic steering lock may fail ($30 fix if you're lucky, $1000 fix if you're not).

I don't see any reason why my car wouldn't last 10 more years.

I came, expecting a really nice in depth discussion about cars that /o loves to talk about.

Maybe everyone should sit back and start respecting each other a tiny bit.

I never have asked my dad to buy me shit and at most he'll buy me dinner when me and my sister go to visit him. The biggest amount of money I've ever got from his was $900 because I was short on buying out the Nissan by that much and I repaid him over a few weeks. I hope you get over your resentment.

Any Mercedes is more luxurious than any Honda you nincompoop

You've never sat in a basic bitch Mercedes

get a 300 with a manual cuck

Thank you, this is the exact type of post I was looking for.

It's a W204 with a 1.8 M271. The only options it has are upgraded audio system and some collision avoidance warning sensors. I'm buying it precisely because it just feels like the standard of what a small car should be. RWD, efficient, comfortable, durable, conservative and still fun to drive when pushed.

I knew about the cam sensor issue but not the tail light harness nor the manifold actuator. Thanks for the heads up.

The cam sensor and intake apply to the m272 v6 in the 2008-2011 c-classes, not the later m271 and m276. Those are unknown territory for me. The m276 is (was) a brand new engine.

0/10 bait

Yes it really is a piece of shit board, talking about anything other than a scrapheap jap commuter or a fucked cletusmobile will be met with autistic screeching

>if he doesn't agree with me it's bait

>How can one be a Honda badgewhore?
By thinking your 94 base stock Civic is fast or that an Accord has a nicer interior than a Mercedes.

Mercedes bro here.

I've own 2. A 2003 c320 and a 2013 c300. I'll give you quick specs and thoughts

>2004 c320 sedan rwd
>3.2l v6
>218 hp
>5's speed

The ride is very nice. Engine feels powerful and has a nice luxurious acceleration to it. It's feels heavy but fast

>2013 c300 sedan awd
>3.5l v6
>248hp
>7 speed

the ride is amazing. Feels like your floating on a cloud. The car feels light but the engine feels lacking. It doesn't feel fast or powerful. Much sharper on the terms tho.

Personally I like my luxury cars to have some weight to it and feel powerful. Both cars are reliable as hell and I've only taken both of them to the shop for major repairs about 2 times.

>218 hp
>luxurious acceleration

This is what mercedes posters really think.

>Mercedes
>lasting 10 years

Good luck, they don't make their cars that good anymore goys. Better get the ancient diesel Mercedes that actually were good cars.

Why bother?
>less horse power and torque than a civic si or gti
>no features that will be present on a comparably priced GTI, Accord V6, etc
you badge faggots are seriously pathetic, if you aren't spending at least $50k on a car you should not be buying BMW, Mercedes, or Audi.

It's comical that $25k Golfs have more power than that.

You know what's actually pathetic tho? Poor kids on o that get legitimately upset about ppl driving nice cars :^)

>if you aren't spending at least $50k on a car you should not be buying BMW, Mercedes, or Audi.
Top lel, paid 11k for my bimmer and it has plenty more hp, a better interior and better handling than either of those shitboxes. Stay clueless kid.

If you're buying used, you're poor.

>Top lel, paid 11k for my bimmer and it has plenty more hp, a better interior and better handling than either of those shitboxes.
Yeah, and it's probably 15 years old, less reliable, and more dangerous. It's definitely less feature rich than a new car.

10 years old, very reliable, safe as all hell. Feature rich? Guaranteed it has more features than any pos volkswagen or honda. And anyway if you think "features" justify a car being shittier in every way then you don't belong on this board.

A200 more luxo than a Honda Legend? And I'm an old school merc guy

>If you're buying used, you're poor.
depends on your definition of poor, i guess. lots of people who are smart with their money would rather buy a car a couple years old after it's depreciated 50% and put the money they save into an IRA where it'll grow 8x in 30 years. a $25k difference will be at least $200k by the time you retire netting over $800 a month pretax in dividends. do that with every car you buy once every 6-8 years and, well, you do the math. just poor people things, right? you'll learn all about this in personal finance 101 your freshman year in college.

Why spend 40k on a fake luxury car?

Why do you live your life bouncing between boring "luxury" sedans that MB themselves stylize as being inherently transitory affairs with terms such as "aspirational"? What's more, why not something from their competitors that has more style or life for potentially less cost?

Go buy Caddy or Chrysler if you want a car with a luxury name but only makes you look like a chump. Shit, atleast a CTV or 300C would be fun.

More like being upset that people think they are cool for driving the cheapest car offered from a high-end brand. Brand loyalty is foolish unless their are direct benefits (car built in country, cheap parts, etc).

If you are car shopping you should buy the best car for you on the market with no regard to feels or preconceptions. Hard research should steer your decision, not a fancy brand name.

Own Apple products exclusively I take it?

KIKE ALERT
>KIKEALERT
KIKE ALERT
>KIKE ALERT

LITERALLY USINg Jewish lightning to obtain insurance payout, then using Jew money attack friendly fire on your own father.

That’s some chitzpahpologocal behavior there oven dodger.

It still looks elegant a bit. Despite it is from 2011, it stilll look much better than 2018 Accord interior. If you cherry pick the pic of C-class, you will trigger some Veeky Forumsfags

The C300 only retailed for $30,000 when it was was first released. That's about what an equivalent Accord V6 of the time ran for.

>Why spend 40k on a fake luxury car?

I'm spending $16,000 on it used. I used to work at a dealership and a friend from there moved to a Merc dealer. When we were hanging out a few days ago he told me they're offering a C-Class with a 100,000 mile warranty for an extra grand. I'm buying it because it's comfortable, easy to park in the city, surprisingly fun, excellent on the highway, and economical.

>Why do you live your life bouncing between boring "luxury" sedans that MB themselves stylize as being inherently transitory affairs with terms such as "aspirational"? What's more, why not something from their competitors that has more style or life for potentially less cost?

>Go buy Caddy or Chrysler if you want a car with a luxury name but only makes you look like a chump. Shit, atleast a CTV or 300C would be fun.

I like Mercedes because they're comfy and make fantastic daily drivers, my family has owned several and they've been reliable. I actually do want to get a CTS-V wagon but that's a long term goal as they're double the price of what I'm getting the C250 at and this vehicle is economical while still being comfortable and has a warranty that's going to last a great deal of the time it's owned by me. Like I said previously, my dad has a C6 that he barely ever drives and we jointly pay insurance on so when I want to drive something fun I just drive that. I don't see the point of buying a 300C as a daily driver when I already have access to a legit hoon mobile. It's not going to be as fun to drive as the Corvette and it's not going to be as reliable nor efficient as the Mercedes,

>KIKE ALERT
Wrong minority Herr Gasmann

The Civic SI is uncomfortable, ugly and honestly not that great to drive unless you're sheerly looking for a new car bargain. I feel like a lot of Honda fans equate rough ride and being able to feel every single bump in the road as superior driving, but that's honestly not something I want to be experiencing every single moment I'm driving around earthquake shattered California streets. They also still have that fucking torque steer and aren't that fast. The SI does 0-60 in 6.5, the C250 does it in 6.8 while having a broader powerband and more low end torque while not pretending it's a sports car. It's more comfortable and a lot more competent in highway driving. Honda reliability isn't what it used to be anyway. The GTI is pretty decent actually but the engine powering it is full of reliability issues. The Mercedes 1.8 turbo doesn't have any known major issues.

Do it the W204 is amazing love my c350 shits on pretty much any other car no problems. The w204 is the most reliable mercedes c class.

>accord
FWD honda trash. I've had an 2008 accord you are larping out of your asshole and have never been in a w204.

>FWD
kys

Comparing an accord v6 to a BMW 3 series or Mercedes C class is an absolute fucking joke. The accord from day one is built to be an appliance not a car to drive. The C class and 3 series are designed to drive from the suspension to weight distribution. The only car you can compare them to from nipland is the G37. The accord v6 has a 63/37 weight distribution in what way can it even compete with these other cars.

>you'll learn all about this in personal finance 101 your freshman year in college.
I'm an attorney, I don't need someone on Veeky Forums to try and explain finance to me.

Badge whores are pathetic, if you can't afford new luxury, you shouldn't be driving a luxury car. You aren't fooling anyone.

LOL sure you are pal. All the attorneys I know definitely have this much free time to shitpost on Veeky Forums XD

>Badge whores are pathetic, if you can't afford new luxury, you shouldn't be driving a luxury car. You aren't fooling anyone.
Say all you want in your pathetic fwd cuckbox with shit handling

>Anyone on here have an ownership experience with a Merc C250?
>Planning on picking one up next week and keeping it for 10 years. What can I expect.

>Driving a literal meme

Made me lol out loud, enjoy your mechanics bill

I'm an ex tech and I've never had Mercedes shit out on me in my families 28+ years of owning them. Just lots of shitty wiring on pre-2000 vehicles.

C63 or kys

>stretch head bolts
no thanks i'd rather get the w205 c63

I owned one (2014) palladium silver/grayish interior.
>pros...quick and sporty, good surround system, center console is aesthetic.

>cons...about everything else, small leg room for passengers and driver, small trunk, plastic clicks when driving in the center console, front bumper scratches easily because the car dips a lot---I had mine beat up to the point where I considered replacing it, cant fuck in it unless your 4'10", maintenance is 500$ each time about twice-every year.
Don't get it desu....get an E class if you can afford it, C class is literally for Asian women and subprime.

I upgraded/downgraded to a Toyota XLE and haven't looked back.

It's pretty amazing how triggered you poorfags can get when someone wants to buy a nice car.

Mercedes is a solid brand and there's nothing wrong with them.

Pic related. I own a 2003 c320 and it is still going strong.

Funny how I've owned my 2004 benz shitbox for the past 10 years and only major problem I had was a coolant leak which was a quick and easy fix. Just 1 fucking problem in the past 10 years and it wasnt even that expensive. Stay mad faggot

It won't last you the next 10 years and it's a girl's car.

>amazing how triggered you poorfags can get
>I own a 2003 c320
An Accord of the same year is worth more than your pos lol.

Saying I drive a benz sounds better than "I drive a honda" It will impress chicks and guys.

>implying people are actually impressed by a fucking honda over a mercedes benz

i hate to break it to you Veeky Forums but its ALL about the brand name when it comes to cars with normies.

>posts a new merc
"it wont last 10 years lol enjoy going broke maintaining it"

>posts an old merc
"youre poor lol buy a new one"

>perfect example of camerawork trying to make cheap plastics look nice

>implying the Big Three in the US don't do that all the time

>mercedes cuck-class owners calling everyone else poor fags for not owning a Mercedes
>c-class drivers
>c-class
>C C L A S S

Literally worse than redneck retards who LARP about truck culture while driving around a Chebbie S10

if owning even a base model luxury sedan wasnt an accomplishment, it wouldnt trigger so many poor losers on Veeky Forums.

a benz is still a benz. dont know why Veeky Forums has such a hate boner for it.

youre literally hating on someone for owning something that you dont over trivial reasons.
>chevy s10
exactly my point. who gives a fuck is someone owns an s10 or a c-class? its their choice. stop being a little bitch

>Pic related. I own a 2003 c320 and it is still going strong.
>those fogged up headlights

>not 6.2l
kys

>youre literally hating on someone for owning something that you dont over trivial reasons

this is a car hate general thread at this point kiddo

>who gives a fuck is someone owns an s10 or a c-class?
A Honda Accord triggered this entire thread, people care lmao.

I'm surprised people on here actually hate Mercedes this much, especially the C-Class. Mercedes is the last company that offers a massive overpowered V8 in a small four door car.

It's because of the fox and the grapes.

It triggers them. See

I would just finance an E class. Much better car, less road noise, drives awesome, shitton room, loads of features, leatherette feels like top grade leather. You just can go wrong with a used e class, and the warranty is awesome.

Im actually thinking about trading my old benz next year for a c350 sport

>3.5l v6
>302hp
>Rwd

all for half the price of an E class

So do ANY of the newer Mercedes Benzes come with manual transmission?

t. W124 owner who is finally thinking about trading his 30 year old car to something newer

In Europe and Latin America yes, in the US no.

Do it you won't regret it pic related is mine
I've seen the c300 with a stick right after I got mine and was almost upset but it doesn't come with the c350.