What's the most comfortable car for long drives?

What's the most comfortable car for long drives?

Your favourite car.

Pre-OBD Town Car.

Probably something like a Bentley Continental GT.
For cars Veeky Forums can actually afford, Lincoln Town Car or a Chebby Caprice.

>taking a road trip with your bros
When was the last time you did this Veeky Forums?

Unironically minivans.

Don't fall for the overstuffed sofa on wheels meme some people will try to sell you in the form of old American barges. Your spine needs support in the right places.

Unironically some big Citroën.

The SM is pretty much the best-riding car ever.

But other than that, something like an S-Class or a Phantom.

Did this with my cousin and his friends in his shitty lancer.

Never done it but that's gonna change soon. Leaving for Michigan's upper peninsula on the 20th, gonna go camping and get drunk. Should be fun.

>tfw bought a sleeping bag that's rated to 0 degrees, hoping that will be enough

Challenger easily.
Big ass comfy cruiser and the hellcat model even lets you have more fun. Just kick back with HOME, roll down the windows, let Resonance play, and chill.

>Going to the UP
Ishygddt
Where you starting from?

Honestly, knowing I would never buy one, but a Tesla P100D. Purely because of the self driving capabilities and half decent interior. How.kuch better can you get than literally not needing to drive. That's fucking comfy.

Driverless cars are going to be a godsend for long highway trips.

Now it's terribly impractical for long drives because you can't stop and fill up anywhere, but that wasn't the question.

I mean
Germs have better "autopilot"s who won't even nag about keeping your palms near the wheel...

v10 excursion

This. Max comfy.

Lexus LS400
Mercedes 300td

Where are its doors and roof?

>have overactive bladder
>have to stop every 2 hours to piss

i hate road trips

Oh, you wanted the upgrades?
That'll cost extra

It's gonna be nice when I can get some extra sleep on the way to work, but I'm never giving up my pre-OBD cars for it and I'm not buying anything newer than '95 until they have that shit on lock.

2015+ f150

what's bad about OBD?

My dream vehicle if I had the money and I had the friends to go on an epic road trip.

Either of pic related is extremely comfy for extended highway drives.

>not taking a piss jar

Have you seriously never heard of a cutaway?

The suspension is wonderful, but the lack of power would be a concern. Especially in the Rockies.

>not stopping every two hours for a stretch and some fresh air anyway

I'm about to take a big road trip with my dad in November, at least 6000km roundtrip. We're taking his 2016 Subaru Forester diesel, probably spending around $500 on fuel.

>all that distance
>only one roadwork

Are the roads shit?

fellow chille fig

Well the southern tip of South America is as depopulated as Siberia, so there aren't many alternatives. Most roads are decent, there are a few stretches of dirt road here and there in Southern Argentina.

Henlo

You should be stopping at least that often anyway.

Getting drunk is boring, meth is the true UP experience.

>stopping every two hours
I'd hate to go on a roadtrip with you faggots, according to your retarded logic I'd have to stop 4 times just to make it across my state.

Have fun with your blood clots

Have fun in flyover country then, hickboi.

how do you even use the internet

also are you rich in chille standards

Yeah, back when I was in HS I went on some trip and was in the back row of a minivan sandwiched between a couple of qts. That was double max comfy.

We all go to the home of some rich gringos, they're the only ones who have Internet and computers in here. We ask them to translate our Mapudungun language to English and post it in Veeky Forums.

My grandfather bought one of those brand new and the thing just rolled over 350k.

>California to Colorado
>burned oil
>loose steering rack
>questionable electrical system
>no AC
>lapsed registration and shitty electric fan meant only late night runs were possible
>3.6k RPM at the minimum for cruising speed
>awful SR5 seats meant lower back pain all the way through

The comfiest drive is the one that keeps you on edge. Makes coming home much more of an event.

drove coast to coast and back in my ls400
was quite comfy

heh i said ls400 even though i've never owned one I'm thinking about acquiring one. what are the cons of owning one?

>what are the cons of owning one?
don't expect anything sporty it's a land barge. other than that it's one of the best cars ever built

Challenger is super comfy. But a road trip needs more than a comfy interior. Like a lot of storage and good fuel economy.

super comfy.

Its big and you have to use 91/93 octane gas. Autotragic too, if that bothers you.

That's about it.

Get a 98+. Much more power than earlier models and better gas mileage. 0-60 in 6s and perhaps the most solid car ever built. I love mine

My vote goes to an early 90s chevy conversion van. yeah its a gas hog and most of em are worn out beyond daily drivability... and some have a real strong "someone was raped in here" vibe, but damn theyre comfy. first roadtrip i remember was taken in a rental chevy van back when it was brand new. good times

Luxobarge or nothing.

I'm thinking about getting a BMW Z4 or Merc SLK230 to enjoy the Australian Summer. Thoughts?

135i
Coupe or convertible, choose one.

any car that you'd survive a crash at 70mph in

my dad has a shitbox '02 caravan that's literally falling apart and i hate riding in the fucking thing because if we got into a crash we'd most definitely fucking die

>4 seats

More power and better handling than both. And you can have 2 extra friends in the car.

>implying anyone on Veeky Forums has friends

This

Agreed 100% I bet these faggots take more than one trip to bring in groceries too smdh

This is the correct answer OP. Wagons are the runner up.

My first car (really my parents' but they had newer cars so I could use it whenever I wanted) was a 1999 4wd Toyota Sienna. I've done many road trips in this car, including a few across the country, and it was always really comfy both as a driver and a passenger. It has over 400,000 miles and still going strong. My parents still use it for long distance drives today.

More recently I've done trips in pic related converted to have a bed in the back, pretty fun desu. Also as a bonus girls seem to love it.

Top gear did it

4 hour drive to LA, pretty fun, just bunch of talking on the drive and shit like that. LA is boring as fuck and just as dirty as SF.

ooohh that looks real comfty.

>dat 10mpg doe

How is that a 3 hour flight?

Probably closer to 15 on the highway. Big engines aren't horrible on the highway.

cool

Anything in the GT class of car, since of course the initials literally stand for "Grand Tourer."

So a Bentley, an Aston Martin, a Jaguar, certain Ferraris and Mercedes. Anything that's priced like a supercar but isn't really because it's too luxurious and not oriented towards track performance.

?

Phaeton W12

Implying a Domestic car can make a long drive.

>big and comfy
>smooth af ride
>lots of room for both people and luggage
>cooled glovebox for snacks and drinks
>comfy night panel for nighttime driving

One of these, or its bigger Legacy Outback brother.

>emoticon faggotry
you need to go back

BUILD A WALL

ez

Probably on a slower turbo prop plane since it would be a low demand route

Diesel S Class
>supremely comfy
>seats are heated and cooled
>gives you a massage
>sound system sound like you're listening to a symphony in person
>suspension is constantly adjusting based on how shit the roads are
>suspension keeps the car level through turns, braking and accelerating
>adaptive cruise control
>drowsiness monitoring
>tons of low end overtaking torque
>40mpg
>1000 mile range

Nothing, he's a retarded boomer wannabe

>Model S
Enjoy stopping every 300 miles to slowly charge up a battery

And even Cadillac announced smarter autopilot than Tesla's called Supercruise

Merc S-klass or a similar comfy, mordern, land barge

Last year.

I got a Prague - Budapest trip planed for november, hopefully the weather wont be shit.