Is Forza 7 a simracer?

I can't seem to find any really comprehensive reviews on the driving physics in Forza 7
How simracer is the game? I've seen people saying its too arcadey and others saying that it can be made into a simracer depending on your settings
Who has it/has played it? What are your impressions? I doubt it'd be as deep as AC but I really want a simracer with good singleplayer progression and customization, instead of the undirected toy-box that AC is

You can make Forza pretty good, but it's not a race sim. But when you turn off all the assists and turn up the difficulty it's pretty good. Up to you user.

no

It's simcade

Really I guess my question boils down to can I improve as a driver playing forza 7
Im going to school in the city now so I can't drive a real car and I don't want to lose 4 years to busriderdom

I don't think many games will really help you be a better real world drive besides principles. Driving in the real world is just so different than sitting behind a screen. That said Assetto Corsa will be better for that probably.

i read that they made getting credits "money" way harder to get in 7, 6 is the same basically though but you get more money

I don't know anything about games, what is a good driving game where you customize your cars, race, but also just cruise around town?

Does a game like this even exist?

NFS 2015, The Crew (1)

The Crew, NFS 2015, Forza Horizon series, if you're fine with older games then most of the NFS games after Underground.

Not necessarily a bad thing. Games oughta be well-paced. If they just hand you the shit it doesn't feel as rewarding

Just to point out though, these are absolutely not simracers

As user said here, , it can help but it won't make a big difference. It's like flight simulators, they're great for getting down the fundamentals and creating good habits, but the real thing is much different.
You can practice driving lines and drafting and even things like throttle modulation and understeer/oversteer correction, but when it happens in real life it seems to happen much faster. Also there are real world principles like surface material and gravel and road oils and ice that you can't account for in the games. You won't be able to feel the road and how the car is reacting through a logitech steering wheel. Simulators are good, but they just don't compare to the real deal, even when you have a multi million dollar simulator like F1 teams use.

Gran Turismo if you love collecting (japanese) cars and you can modify a lot, just not much aesthetically

Gran Turismo is better in that regard...not too hard/playable on a comfy sofa with a controller, but with a high skillcap and pretty realistic feel

Forza is arcade

Midnight Club LA

If you consider GT an actual sim and Forza pure arcade you are just an idiot. Both could be called sim-lites.

it's a really damn good simcade.

it will help you practise basics and racing line but nothing will substitute real car.
Even with 800 dollar wheel gearbox pedals and shifter.
The feedback just isn't there.
There's 0 reason to pretend you're a fucking race driver and driving from cockpit you're cucking yourself out of information a rear view camera will give you.

>Gran Turismo is better in that regard...not too hard/playable on a comfy sofa with a controller, but with a high skillcap and pretty realistic feel
>Forza is arcade
lmao no
both are simcades you dumb sony shill

forza horizon series
need for speed underground 2

Midtown Madness 2

>Really I guess my question boils down to can I improve as a driver playing forza 7

lol no. Unless you purchase an expensive ass simulator like pic related you aren't going to learn anything in relation to driving a real car.

Bump. Please keep on front page.

That game is tailored much more towards controllers than steering wheel setups.

Let that be an indication for you.

So is there any point to playing a really thought out one like AC if I'm having less fun with it?

If you can't have fun with AC then you should probably stick to arcade racers. AC is one of the best sims currently available.

if you exclude the good driving part but heavily include the customize and cruising around town then the shitfest of SLRR is still goat

its better to just buy a cheap shitbox to throw around than wasting money on sims

I literally just played forza 6 with a friend on his xb1 the whole weekend and I own every gran turismo except for the first.
I am not saying GT is a sim, but the cars handle much more realistic imo and it's more of a challenge. Forza was easy and boring af, beautiful car models tho.

Btw sims are for autists or poorfags who can't even afford a riced civic and take it to the track or whatever, but will gladly pay 1k for a fake steering wheel kek. Gran Turismo is the best compromise for people who have a life and actually drive, but want some semi-realistic action. Forza is ok too I guess, but I would never buy a console for just 2 franchises (forza and halo).

>lol just buy a car loser
Very different costs especially if you're in a city

buy AC. build a computer that can handle it. (it'll probably cost like $1k but what do i know, im sure someone will correct me) purchas a decent steering wheel setup which can cost around $300-$600 an voila.

of course if you want to actually build a legit set up you'll spend more money that is unless you build it yourself.

is it really tho

if you spend thousands on a PC and good wheel setup you could have easily bought a cheap car to fuck around in

$3000 could get you a sweet AC set up.

$3000 oh say in NYC will barely get you a car. Then you have gas, registration, insurance, maintenance etc. Not everyone on Veeky Forums lives in some bumblefuck town.

You're probably thinking about yourself and where you live but have no idea how other people live.

>go to NY CL
>max of $3000
>shit tons of cars

methinks youre just retarded

>shit opinion
>anime girl
Everytime. Is there a guide book for these post

>select all images with a bus

serious question are you pretending to be retarded?
do you not understand the point I was making?

When I said you can barely get a car, I mean one that is worth having in the city. Something actually fun to drive in the city, hint nothing is fun to drive in NYC because the roads are shit. How would I know because I have lived in manhattan and didn't bother to own a car because thats just throwing money away.

Also that $3k only covers the car.... what about everything else? dumb fuck.

Parking alone is like $20 a day dumbass. That's like a full tank of gas every damn day just to keep it from getting towed. Completely impossible for a college student to afford unless you've got a rich cucked dad who doesn't mind handing you free shit.

you are an ignorant dumbfuck kid seeking out sims as escapism because it takes less thought than to buy a car and drive somewhere

if youre too dumb to buy a cheap as fuck shitbox and drive out of the city then I dont guess you should be driving less you endanger everyone

>my arbitrary reasons of what "worth" is

Please just kys you self righteous faggot. It would be "worth" it to some people just not to have to cram themselves into the subway.

buddy you are mistaken..... Im not OP i have 2 cars and live about 2 hours away from the state of New York in a suburb

I own 2 cars and never wanted a simulator, I was just putting my 2 cents in for OP. if he can't afford a car in his situation I understand because I have been in that situation. lrn 2 empathize you stupid trip faggot.

>It would be "worth" it to some people just not to have to cram themselves into the subway.

and you're right. Different strokes for different folks. luckily I don't live in the city anymore and have to deal with that but Im glad I don't live in some backwoods hickville where anything goes

strong fucking idiot.

too bad my point still stands where you can easily spend more money on a fucking simulator setup than you will a car

this shit is $800

but ayy why drive when you can just play games I guess

Hey here's something I really wanted to know.

Is it true that for the price of a good simracing setup + direct drive wheel you can just buy a used rally car and participate in amateur rally? I've heard this a couple of times now, is this true?

It's actually the opposite, you get more money without VIP in Forza 7 than you get in Forza 6 with VIP and cars in Forza 7 are also cheaper.

there are people who live in new york city who make 6 figures and are very much into cares but dont own one. You know why that is? because NYC is shit for driving, parking is hard to find. traffic, traffic everywhere. apartments dont have garages where you could work on your car.

I mean unless you lived on the outerboroughs of the city where you are barely in NYC anymore than it might be worth it to have a car but whats the point of spending $800 on a POS accord. when you have public transporation (which i might add is shit) but cheaper and WAY more reliable than having a car.

Listen you probably are a stupid teenager who just wants to be right in an argument I get it. But you don't know jack shit. you probably live in some irrelevant state and never have been out of said state

not my fault youre too retarded to drive outside of a city

goddamn how can you call people stupid when youre this dumb

>not my fault youre too retarded to drive outside of a city

I dont live in the city

>goddamn how can you call people stupid when youre this dumb

says the teenager that refuses to accept he is wrong. Love how you aren't answering simple questions because you know you are wrong lmao.

Thanks for tripping, makes it easier to block you and your retarded opinions. BYE you pathetic vermin.

oh boy a dumb user that cant process anything that gets rekt then filters

the true thin skin faggotry that runs rampant on Veeky Forums
stay on facebook kid lol

gg no re bby

Sim gets worse as speed goes up. Its better than assetto corsa.

The LMP1 cars and Indycars are not like the real thing.

Its also IMO pretty good for learning real driving principles. Watch skip barber going faster and then play.

The game Sims the physics but it can't simulate turning a wheel with proper power steer, the G force, the 'feel' of your tires and their connection to the road. You only have visuals and a HuD that shows what your tires are doing. Its not the same.

That being said I got promoted from D level driving to B level without an instructor and with veteran track drivers at my first outing.

That's because I can into the event with an understanding of physics and driving mechanics that the other new drivers didn't have.

Did you try turning the assists off?
T. Idort that's played both franchises

simcade

Video games won't teach you to drive m8.

Even if you bought a G27 out whether, it's nothing like driving a real car.

Forza is simcade as fuck.